The Elizabeth Hospice Employee Reviews

Productive, with multiple resources
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Southwest Riverside Co. CaliforniaApril 27, 2017
Productive environment with the focus on patient care. Company allows for continuous care when needed due to patient condition or family needs. Multiple MDs available for collaboration of patient care needs. Due to large service area including San Diego County and Southwest Riverside Co. urgent patient needs are often met with delays.
You can't beat the mission of this community resource
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 2, 2017
It is the longest running hospice program in the area and has stayed true to its nonprofit mission. Compared to other nonprofit hospice programs, the benefits and compensation are wonderful. But as many of us who work here will say, that isn't necessarily why you work for hospice and especially a nonprofit hospice program. This organization is made up of passionate individuals who truly care for patients, families and each other. We are all human - no one is perfect, but the intent in caring for others is evident throughout everything that this organization does. I'm proud to be here and serve our community.
Pros
Mission; benefits.
Cons
Not many.
Poor leadership at the top
Manager (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 23, 2016
Leadership is not concerned with the employees and cannot be trusted. They will say one thing publicly but do another. Very disappointed in their ability to recognize what we face day to day. Employees run to HR to complain but the HR staff is not experienced in sorting through the facts and make decisions that don't support the values of the agency.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
CEO and COO are poor leaders
Amazing patients
LVN (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 9, 2016
Patients and their families are amazing. All of the volunteers are wonderful. Great co-workers. Large coverage area. Staffing issues only after a reduction in force.
Pros
One on One patient care
Cons
reduction in force
Beautiful building, nice people
Call Intake Operator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMarch 24, 2016
I worked here off and on based on the company's needs and it was consistently a good place to work. I felt well supported in my role by both my co-workers and my superiors. Training was sufficient to do a good job and I enjoyed being able to help people who were often in a very difficult time of their life. I was always well-compensated and treated incredibly well by people I encountered.

The hardest part of the job was the emotional strain inevitable in this field. It takes a resilient person to work with the life situations of those you're helping in hospice, even if you're helping them in such a simple way as transferring a call or answering general questions about the services involved. I found it to be an incredibly rewarding experience, but it may not be for everyone.
Pros
Beautiful building, helping people, nice co-workers
Cons
Emotionally taxing sometimes
Great Place to work and learn
Central Supply clerk (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CaOctober 19, 2015
Enjoyed working here. Everyone very helpful and extremely nice. Great managament teams. Great hours.

A place where nurses care about their patients and it show. Always doing top care for hospice patients.
Great Mission and Staff to Carry it out
Controller (Current Employee) –  CASeptember 8, 2015
Great work environment and mission. Staff are committed to the work place and what it stands for. Many people are long term employees and the benefits are wonderful.
outstanding hospice agency with a can-do team spirit and positive professionals
Business Development Liaison (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 8, 2015
The Elizabeth Hospice provides an inspirational, rewarding environment, goals that are attainable and the best care and compassion that surpasses one's expectations.
Pros
great benefits, great teams both clinical and non-clinical, great education dept, amazing support at their center for compassionate care, as well as supporting needs in our community as a not-for-profit hospice
Cons
I can't think of anything I'd change.
A great place to work
Business Development Liaison (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 18, 2014
I was blessed working with the best people in the industry. Management was very supportive and were visible to staff on a regular basis. My supervisor and department head were also very supportive and provided an atmosphere that encouraged team work and brain storming. I had autonomy to structure my daily schedule that met the needs of my position but also gave me flexibility to go where I needed to go. I enjoyed building relationships with referral sources. The Elizabeth Hospice had a wonderful reputation in the community and it was a privilege to represent them.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
lay offs
excellent comapny to work for. very loving and compassionate atmosphere.
LVN (Former Employee) –  escondido caAugust 11, 2014
excellent company to work for. very loving and compassionate atmosphere. Like family.
driver
Driver/Handyman (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 1, 2014
A typical day starts by unlocking the back gate, checking the truck fluids, flat tires, gas, check the pick-up sheets, cut on all lights in the store, and wait for the other staff to arrive.
Management: was there but it was a power struggle.
The co-workers we were like a big family -all 6 of us.
The hardest part of the job was training the new guys
Pros
small company, helping people
Cons
not enough hours
This company is dishonest to the employee's.
Admission. Triage (Former Employee) –  San Diego, Ca.November 4, 2013
. Horrible work environment. Sorry to say. Good nurses, HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Bad place to work. All women management. Don't have a clue about taking care of their employees.
supports hospice patients and their families
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 4, 2013
I am typically sent to a patient's home to give caregiver respite. I also visit with the patient, and may do activities with them, if they are able. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to comfort patients. The hardest part is knowing that each job is temporary.
From this training, I have better learned to understand end-of-life issues.
Pros
experience; helping people
Cons
not being able to do more for patients
Helping those in the last days or months of their life
home visitor (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 14, 2013
I would recieve patiant information and contact them to set up a day to visit. I would read to them, play music, visit one on one.
excellent agency. wonderful people who support each other.
LVN Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 20, 2013
I can see 1-6 pts per day. I can stay with one pt through out my day shift for crisis care, or visit pts to take care of general care needs from medication assistance to wound care, symptom control. for two years I was a pt care coordinator acting as a supervisor for 22 employees (LVN's, and Hospice Aids), I assisted with setting of daily visit schedules including crisis care, assisted with staffing challenges, took care of auditing charts and continue assisting with quality control during any down time. while out in the field, I am independent, however, know that I can call on anyone for questions. I have served on committees such as crisis care protocols, quality assurance committee assisting with looking at updating policy/procedures.
Pros
co-workers, supervisor, day shift
Cons
working weekends
Profesionally organized
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 27, 2012
Provided compassionate care to patients and family.
Management easily accesible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Elizabeth Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

The Elizabeth Hospice Reviews by Location