The Family Room’s Associate Managers, Strategy & Innovation are the center of logistical gravity for our most complex assignments. They are at the heart of pulling these large projects apart into their various component parts and insuring that our clients, our suppliers, and our internal TFR teams know what they have to do, when they have to do it, and what is coming just over the horizon. An unabashedly organized and buttoned up person, you think nothing of keeping several balls in the air, coordinating the efforts of an extended team on opposite sides of the world, making sure everyone has the latest information, and supporting both our research and planning functions in crafting the beginnings of Highest Common Ground research and strategy solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Managing Project Flow From Inception Through Completion: You understand goals and objectives as well as project design in order to assist in the mining of insights and putting together the pieces that the team will use to develop formal recommendations. You are a totally buttoned-up process leader with strong attention to detail. You are able to think about the big picture or end deliverable of every project, and with the team, work backwards to develop and proactively manage the project timing, and internal/external scheduling with a cross-functional team. And most importantly, you insure that everyone stays on schedule and delivers projects in a timely fashion.
2. Highly Adept Client/Agency Liason You’re a true partner to our clients who listens, acts with integrity and doesn’t waste time. You keep your eye on project goals, key deliverables and business issues and anticipate challenges in order to proactively propose adjustments to all phases of the project so that we deliver actionable recommendations on time and on budget. You’re a pro at leading productive discussions that keep everyone ‘on point’, both internally at TFR and with clients. You are key to every client conversation in that you can capture all the details from changing research dates to team follow-ups. In client communications, you are extremely professional, have excellent writing/communication skills, and exhibit a high sense of urgency and responsiveness to all client requests.
3. Financial/ Profitability: You closely monitor projects, including staff time, resource allocation, budgets and OOP expense budgets. You update proposals/ secure additional fees if needed as SOW changes.
4. Efficiency: Highly proficient with your own time and priorities, able to managing multiple client relationships, projects and project teams.
5. Tactical Strategic Planning And Support: You assist the senior manager in the development of the research approach, as well as with managing the qualitative process. Project tasks include drafting screeners, discussion guides, and preparing all stimuli needed for qualitative research and/or innovation brainstorming sessions. You also support the senior manager, director, and managing director in new product white space scoping, and initial strategic solutions for the clients/projects with which you are engaged. Additionally, you are the eyes and ears for the company: you are up to date on trends in the kid and family space, you have a knack for finding any and all kinds of information, and you have a hunger and enthusiasm for learning about different industries and categories and understanding them inside and out.
6. Promoting Company, Morale, Unity, Collegiality, And Fun: Constantly seek ways of promoting the unity and morale of our company, helping and engaging with colleagues when help is needed, and injecting a sense of light-hearted fun and laughter into all that we do.
- Work with Administrative support and other operating team in a highly collaborative fashion.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 2 years work experience with a broad range of qual and quant research methodologies, and exposure to brand positioning and product innovation work.
- 2+ years of day-to-day client management experience
- Comes highly recommended by direct supervisors
- Ability to travel, including internationally, as needed. Must have a valid passport.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong and proactive liaison with clients and internal partners. A true team player who understands and values the unique role each of us plays in contributing to the solution
- Goal oriented, driven to achieve; has a sense of urgency and a demonstrated ability to go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Detailed oriented: close management of timing and budget. Someone who understands the
Importance of details—right down to presentations free of typos!
- Demonstrates leadership skills daily: professional demeanor, high level of integrity, portraying a positive point of view. Strong interpersonal communications, both verbal and written.
- Adept at handling multiple projects and project types and once; ability to manage priorities. Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction. High level of initiative and works well in a team environment; Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Hungry and curious to learn about new industries and categories with every new project and passionate about kids and families
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, with attention to detail and accuracy.