The Senior Research Manager is responsible for execution analytics and reporting
of quantitative and qualitative research projects enacted by The Family Room on behalf of our organization and our clients. This person has deep experience playing a “soup to nuts” role on research projects. And, as such, is wholly responsible for translating client/strategist objectives into a well-defined study scope, first draft of questionnaires/screeners/discussion guides, analytic plans and final deliverables. This person possesses a relentless desire to produce smart, creative study design, surveys and deliverables that probe and unearth insights beyond the obvious. A curious, analytical, detail-oriented mindset is just “price of entry”—you are a proactive, strategic thinker who understands research and has proven success managing projects both large and small. You are highly collaborative and are relied on as the bridge between research objectives, flawless execution and strategic insights. In addition to project related duties, other key responsibilities include managing and training Analyst(s), handling bids, managing day-to-day communication with clients and assisting with proposals. Bottom line, you execute solid and smart research design, and deliverables, and deliver growth and results for the company by ensuring we have happy clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design (20%): Consult with Clients and colleagues on research design, detailing project specifications to meet client objectives. Develop questionnaires, tabs and analysis plans consistent with research design and objectives.
- Execution (20%): Effectively supervise the execution of all research aspects of a project, supervising Project Manager to ensure we achieve project goals in field related to key deliverables associated with clients’ business issues and actionable recommendations.
- Interpretation/Analysis (30%): Key Lead in analyzing and interpreting survey/study results. Coalescing and presenting key learning, then supervising the preparation of all tables, reports and presentations as needed to achieve key project outcomes and deliverables.
- Research Process (15%): Supervises creation of project calendars for all quant projects. Responsible for ensuring updated Scope of Work document and final questionnaire is issued to client and internal team at project initiation and that kickoff calls are scheduled for clients and vendors. Instrumental in the development of research process portion of proposals.
- Financial (5%): Must review and approve all costing and research staff resource allocation. Is responsible for alerting VP’s if proposals/scopes of work need updating to collect additional fees if needed. Gatekeeper of overall project profitability as it relates to out of pocket costs and hours spent by research team.
- Efficiency: Highly proficient at time and resource management. Able to manage multiple client relationships, projects and project teams. This includes timelines and budgeted manpower and resources, including your own. A totally buttoned up project leader.
- Management (10%): Builds and manages a strong and innovative research team.
- TFR Growth: Helping to evolve the TFR offering: identifying key partners, insights and new tools /approaches as needed to ensure TFR’s offering is seen as unsurpassed in the marketplace.
- Day-to-day management of Research Analysts, Project Director and interns including workflow, workload and quality of all deliverables. Manage, coach and develop staff.
- Overall responsibility for all external partner/ vendor relationships and quality of work as appropriate.
- Desired Skills & Experience
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred.
- At least 5 years work experience with quantitative based marketing research and statistical analyses.
- At least 2 years client side or agency side research/insights role.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Broad market research experience in the design of complex Qual & Quant market research projects in CPG space. Experience designing and analyzing research questions and developing corresponding data tables.
- Strong Quantitative and Qualitative analytical skills and technical affinity for software, data analytics.
- Demonstrates excellent strategic skills in writing client research reports, including first draft of final summaries and conclusions.
- Develops presentations with the ability to both persuade and “wow” clients. Specifically, an ability to tell a strong story with data in a visual way and present it compellingly.
- Goal oriented, driven to achieve; has a sense of urgency and a demonstrated ability to go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Demonstrates leadership skills daily: professional demeanor, high level of integrity, portrays a positive point of view. Proactive interpersonal communications skills, both verbal and written. Has the last word on study scope and design, data collection and interpretation and, as such, does not hesitate to push back or correct a misinterpreted result, manage realistic timelines and actively work with client/strategist regarding expectations as to study output.
- The desire to guide and teach others to do the same with maximum impact.
- Adept at handling multiple projects and project types at once; ability to manage priorities. Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction. High level of initiative and works well in a team environment; Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well.
- A Conceptual thinker with a high degree of creativity and strong problem solving skills. A critical thinker.
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, with attention to detail and accuracy.
Indeed - 10 months ago