The Field Museum

The Field Museum Employer Reviews

Fun workplace with fantastic coworkers that truly made work feel like home.
Theater Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2014
Pros: free access to all museums in illinois and some nationwide.
Cons: short lunch break (30 min)
Although my time at The Field Museum has been rather short, I can safely say it was been the best work experience I've ever had. All my coworkers really made every day at work fun and easygoing, while still maintaining our daily tasks with efficiency and speed. We all meshed very well together, and I enjoyed coming to work every morning and greeting – more... my manager and supervisor. It truly felt like a family there and I wish I could work there indefinitely. – less
Fun enviroment
Building Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: meet different people all the time.
Cons: room for advancement was not available.
My general duties were to maintain the washrooms for the general public, by making sure the tissue and soap was fully stocked, floors were dry at all time to prevent accidents.
Research Assistant Intern
Research assistant intern (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: free museum access, great schedule, great manager
Cons: unpaid internship
Key responsibilities have been survey data entry, which requires extreme precision and focus. I learned that the process of data entry is iterative and that several rounds of data "cleaning" are required. I am proficient using excel and can troubleshoot easily. In my job you've been given a high level of independence and are trusted to communicate with – more... your supervisor about your progress and any issues that arise.

I also work part time as a bartender at a pub in the city. – less
Exceptional workplace, wonderful benefits, a most unique place to work.
3d Exhibition Designer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2012
Every day was a pleasure to come in and work at the Field Museum. The management was great, they always listened and were very helpful. Co-workers were very nice and friendly. The best part was coming in and working there every day.
This is a fun environmental to be apart of. With great teams to be with
Volunteer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2012
This is a great opportunity for people to learn something new everyday while being inside the museum.