The First American Corporation Employee Reviews

Loved This Company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXOctober 20, 2016
I started with my department in it's infancy, and found a lot of growth. I will always remember FARETS with so much fondness. I learned to love call center environments.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Incentives, Flexible Hours Of Operation, Fun environment.
Cons
Limited Advancement, High Turnaround
A large corporate environment with a strong culture
HR COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 6, 2016
I learn something new every day and feel productive when I leave. My teammates and manager are encouraging, positive, and helpful. I have grown faster than I could have ever anticipated, and am so thankful for this opportunity.
Pros
Cafe on campus
Cons
Corporate, Politics
Keeps you busy, creates a family environment.
CURATIVE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXMay 26, 2016
A typical day would be coming in working on your daily spreadsheet while clearing Titles that have issues with them for cusomters refinances. Learning something new about mortgage and state laws on a daily basis, while creating a new professional customer service brand for the company as a whole. The employees work together to create a friendly work environment to keep the attitudes light while dealing with heavy situations such as customer's losing family members or jobs, these being the reasons for the refinances. Creating a way to clear the title's of the customers who have issues and seeing the opportunity of an easier life open up.
Pros
healthcare, fun team building games
Cons
issues between co-workers are not always addressed, management shows favoritism
Great Employees!
Top Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 15, 2016
They need to do exit interviews with key employees! Culture has changed since family is not as active in the day to day operation!
Pros
Great Location and Building
Cons
Too many Politics
Awesome work place
Warehouse Facility/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 2, 2017
First American was enjoyable job with not a lot of responsibilities. I had excellent co-workers and awesome Boss. To include the had a couple gathering for the employees to appreciate the hard work we endure on a daily basis.
Pros
excellent place to work
Great working place
Associate QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 9, 2017
case-manager
CASE MANAGER ABC HOME HEALTH (Former Employee) –  Ashville, ALApril 2, 2016
· Care of home bound patients.
· Care of patient in their homes
· Supervision of home health aides.
home care taking care of patient, total pt care from assessments to wound care and IV therapy
Pros
pt care
Cons
poor management, long hours, high turn over in staff
N/a
Tax Processor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 24, 2017
There are good people and the head boss is great. People are happy and motivated to work and help each other out. Great place to work at.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
wonderful
Research Leader (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAApril 5, 2016
Great Company to work for ,wonderful culture . More of a family environment . Upper management wanted employees to find a work /home balance .First American kept a family culture on their campus.
Great Company
Auditor/Sr. Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 29, 2016
Great company and you can grow this onebest jobs i ever had and they put employees first and stable most important i wish they had location in california so i can transfer but i have to be close to my family due to personal issues
Pros
you can move up quickly
Cons
nothing
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 9, 2016
Everyday there were lots of details to take care of on each and every account. the people were awesome and everyone was helpful without delay to process accounts. The pace was fast and fun. Managers rolled up their sleeves to help get the job done. the hardest part of the job was leaving. awesome place to work.
Pros
co-workers were friendly and a fun place to work
Cons
Job was temporary for only 1 year
Fast Pace, challenging and rewarding.
Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 9, 2016
pull, review and update reports, call attorneys, pull, review and update files, file and return files to custodians, assist co-workers when needed.
Pros
work environment, rewards and appreciation
Cons
office politics
Decent pay and benefits, but poorly managed.
Recorder (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioFebruary 28, 2015
This is a decent entry level place to work. Do not expect to get promoted or receive a good salary increase. The managers are laid back to a fault. If you are someone who works hard then keep looking for a job. This is a good job if you are lazy because they rarely take action against people for not meeting production goals. If you keep quiet and be friendly with the boss then you will probably keep your job unless we lose more customers or send more jobs overseas. They are not open to innovative ideas. They prefer to stick to a process that they created 10 years ago. It is difficult to get things to change. It is not a profit center so they are only focused on saving money.
Pros
Good PTO system, good pay for entry level work, laid back
Cons
Incompetent management, unprofessional environment, no opportunities, unethical activities, stunts innovation
Great Company and Amazing Co-Workers/Team
Senior Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2014
This company felt like a real family. I heard very little complaints from anyone (including myself) about being an employee of such a great company. First American always stays on top of the market and has continuously grown over the years from Fortune 500 to Fortune 300 and better. The only reason I decided to leave was due to a tremendous increase in salary from another real estate services product that didn't compete with this company or it's products.
Pros
great expense compensation, limited travel area, super friendly working environment, well-planned team building functions/competitions, true work/life balance
Cons
low salary, limited funds for preferred vendor sponsorship programs
fun place, stable work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santiago, MNJuly 22, 2015
Fun place and coworkers, small issues with benefits and related.
small to none opportunities to grow.
low motivation from supervisory, good planification from management.
Pros
holidays payments, healthcare and others
Cons
Always the same things to do
Busy call center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 28, 2013
You definitely didn't have a lot of down time and at times the consumers calling can be irate. I loved my manager and my director. The team was definitely diverse and worked well together. The hardest part of the job was pleasing the consumers that called in. The most enjoyable part was working with a great group of people.
Pros
Great management team, Support from all employees
Cons
No advancement opportunities, Job security
Open and identify important documents to other foreclosure and bankruptcy analysts.
Operations Document Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2015
Delivered bankruptcy and foreclosure carts.
Sort out express mail.
Logged check.
Delivered Invoice Carts.
Filed default mail.
Pros
Achieved raises and Annevisary Awards
Wonderful
Division Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOMay 22, 2013
First American is an amazing company with great culture, great values, clear focus and great management. I would highly recommend working there. You will not find many companies like this left in today's world. I am trying to return to the company now, kicking myself that I ever left!
Pros
great people, flexible schedule, great location
Very productive company.
Operational Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXSeptember 30, 2015
I begin this job as a temp and was given the opportunity to become a full time employee after 90 days. I learned so much in regards escrow, delinquent taxes, payment process, property research. I had the opportunity to advance quickly in this company, Research Lead, Operational Supervisor in Outsourcing and Check Control Manager. This company provided the way for me to succeed and move forward with my career in the mortgage industry.
Great Place to work
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 22, 2016
Great Company to work for. Great benifits. Friendly Atmostphere. Low turn over. Staff hard working to keep company moral.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The First American Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

The First American Corporation Reviews by Location