The First American Corporation

The First American Corporation United States Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work
Regional Claims Manager (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Good Managers
Cons: Benefits are ok, but could be better.
First American is one of the better companies I have worked for. It has attentive managers and goes out of its way to improve its employee experience and enjoyment.
Good work but would prefer more work life balance
Quality Specialist (Current Employee), californiaMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Good work but would prefer more work life balance

Management can be improved .

More trust amongst co-workers

Lots to learn with new technologies
Decent pay and benefits, but poorly managed.
Recorder (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: good pto system, good pay for entry level work, laid back
Cons: incompetent management, unprofessional environment, no opportunities, unethical activities, stunts innovation
This is a decent entry level place to work. Do not expect to get promoted or receive a good salary increase. The managers are laid back to a fault. If you are someone who works hard then keep looking for a job. This is a good job if you are lazy because they rarely take action against people for not meeting production goals. If you keep quiet and be friendly with the boss then you will probably keep your job unless we lose more customers or send more jobs overseas. They are not open to innovative ideas. They prefer to stick to a process that they created 10 years ago. It is difficult to get things to change. It is not a profit center so they are only focused on saving money.
Informational learning on third party Tax collecting
Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Collected Mortgage taxes for various banks as third party representative.
Good to Work
Developer (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Description:

The Diamond Processing management system projectwas aimed at assigning new diamond an identification and the maintaining various processing undertaken on the diamond via the various forms of processes with the help of multiple external appliances and tools. It also logged the various cost factors imparted on the diamonds from the raw diamonds supplied to final products handed over to the customers.

Roles and Responsibilities:

• Involved in design, implementation and testing of the application.
• Developed web forms for new user Claim Submission, Claim Status using ASP.NET and code behind in C#.
• Followed agile scrum methodology.
• Developed 3- tier logic for various classes, modules in ASP.NET 4.0 using C#.NET as a code behind language.
• Consumed WCF Services for accessing the database.
• Used JavaScript (JQuery) to enhance UI experience on Client-Side.
• Implemented web services (SOAP) Using ASP.NET for consumption by the client application.
• Used AJAX for rich user interface operations and avoiding post back to the server.
• Extensively used Master Pages, Web User and Custom Controls in developing the front end application.
• Created Login Forms and implemented Forms-based Authentication to authenticate the users.
• Design and development of UI, Business (SOA) and Data layer using LINQ and Entity Framework.
• Testing the application as per the test cases and business logic. Basically involved in NUnit test.
• Used stored procedures to ensure data integrity and consistency.
• Involved in code management activities using TFS
• Involved in fixing the Bugs as per the requirements.
• Successfully manipulated the data by retrieving it from a SQL Server2008 database using ADO.NET.

Environment: C#.NET, Win forms, Multi-Threading, Web Services, VB.NET,ASP .NET ,MS–SQL SERVER 2008
Professional work place and fun place to work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Westlake, TXDecember 11, 2014
Pros: short lunch and was able to leave early
Cons: great health care benefits
Supervisor would give us reports that we had to work from daily. Once I finished reports I would help others.
Great company overall
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus/WestervilleDecember 3, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: my duties eventually were moved to corporate office in cleveland leaving me little to do.
I enjoyed working for First American. I started at Celtic Title in 1993 and stayed with them when they were bought by First American in 2000 and continued working for them into 2005.
Some Really Good People
YOH Temporary (Former Employee), Roanoke TexasNovember 10, 2014
Pros: charity events
Cons: through a temp agency
Non Stop from the start to end of the day, learned some new Skills, Chain of Title, Complete Foreclosure Process, co-workers were for the most part great, a lot of cursing on the floor allowed. They had several Charity Events, which I found wonderful.
About my job
Process Executive (Mortgage Process) (Former Employee), ITPL Branch BangloreNovember 8, 2014
Cons: rotational shifts
In my company i improved my communication skills,and also i had improved my typing speed and managed my accuracy.

My co-workers are very friendly nature

I had learned about banking sector ,the hardest part of the job taking quick decision to manage the clients errors.

The most enjoyable part of the job is Chatting with my U.S Clients really i enjoyed very well.
First American
Operations (Former Employee), TennesseeOctober 3, 2014
This was a great company with a healthy work environment and fun atmosphere. Lots of room for growth and professional/personal development. It's a shame that it was bought by another bank.
Fun place to work
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: employee parking. offices are in the middle of downtown, so traffic can be difficult.
Fun environment, everyone is professional and friendly.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a diverse group of employees.
Fun place to work
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Fun environment, everyone is professional and friendly.
Productive friendly place to work.
Receptionist/ Data Entry (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2014
Everything about the job was very good, outgoing and friendly to work for.
Fast paced call center environment
Real Estate Tax Advocate (Former Employee), Westlake, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: actually helping clients with critical resolutions
Cons: short talk time required to resolve multi-faceted issues
Ensuring sub-prime mortgage tax disbursements are received by local taxing authorities.
Deed Unit
Deed Specialist/Contract Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: no micro managing
Reviewing of deeds was a daily routine - Management understood that when deeds where given to them to sign that they must be returned before the EOD - This was a daily routine.
Productive and fun place to work
Temporary Employee (Current Employee), Westlake, TXAugust 22, 2014
I feel this company dedicates time to train and teach you to be successful within the organization
Love my position
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAAugust 6, 2014
Very interesting, keeps me busy, challenged. Great overall management team.
fun and clean environment
Escrow Associate Specialty Lending (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJuly 16, 2014
typical fun working environment, can learn a lot, management is good, co workers are fun to work with
A fun work environment
Account Manager Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches and breakfasts-always
Cons: breaks were short
This place i would say very professional in every way. just the benefits were a downhill but over all. this company is always felt like the employees are very important to the company.
My job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chapin, SCMay 27, 2014
I learn about different titles for business. I learned the legal way to start corporations.

1 2 3 4

About The First American Corporation

The First American Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the business of providing business information, and related – Read more

The First American Corporation Salaries