Microsoft SQL Database Administrator
Northwest Company seeks Experienced Microsoft SQL Developer to support Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision), and SSRS Reporting. We are a growing food distribution company based in Auburn, WA (26 miles south of Seattle). We have a great position open for a skilled SQL Administrator to join our in-house team and participate in support and continued development. We look forward to leveraging the newest technologies and solutions to empower our sales and senior management with the tools and necessary information to continue to make the Company a success. This is a full time position in Auburn, WA with 401k, full benefits, and no travel.
• Generating reports using SSRS
• Microsoft SQL Database Administration on 2008R2
• Database Administration (3+ years)
• Using BIDS, including building OLAP cubes, and SQL Server Analysis Services
• Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision) SQL Administration
• SQL Server maintenance, including performance tuning, backup, monitoring, and recovery planning
• SQL queries. Examples include data transfer to client applications, table permission maintenance for external applications, detection of Navision error conditions (via vb script), database cleanup (via vb script), distribution of data to scale computers, etc.
• Microsoft Office automation (2003-2010), with heavy emphasis on Microsoft Access as SQL Server client and stand-alone applications. Includes VBA code, pass-through queries, etc.
• .VBS script (including .wsc, .hta), with emphasis on network support. Examples include compressing and distributing SQL Server backups, monitoring and maintenance of disk space, monitoring, maintenance and recording of scale system activity, monitoring and expansion of Navision database file, etc.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2007 or higher, with a focus on MS Access and MS Excel.
• Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing
• Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good spoken and written English
• Excellent internal/external customer service
• MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer)
• MCDBA (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator)
• BS Degree or a combination of education and relevant experience in Computer Science or Information Technology
The Peterson Company is the Northwest’s Premiere specialty food-service provider, committed to quality products and personalized service since 1947. Peterson delivers a wide range of products from the food industry throughout the USA with a focus on the Northwest states from our home base in Auburn Washington. Begun as a family business, Peterson remains an independent company of over 180 employees. Our commitment to quality and service has allowed us to grow steadily over the years, building our business by meeting our clients increasing needs for unique products and flexible, personalized attention. Our product line includes cheese, chocolates, desserts and finished products to service fine dining and family restaurants, delicatessens, bakeries, pizzerias, institutions and retail grocery markets of all types and sizes with a world of good taste.
Please send resumes to: SQLDBA@petersoncheese.com – less