The Foundry

The Foundry Employee Reviews

fun environment
waitress (Former Employee), Aurora, IllinoisJune 2, 2014
Pros: half off on alcoholic drinks and food, laid-back place, great and understanding customers
Cons: late nights, hardly any weekends off due to bar atmosphere
late night bar small dinning area getting customers drinks and food more or less
multitasking skills learned, learned bar drink names
co workers were great, friendly
hardest part of the job was first learning the bar drink names
enjoyable part of the job was being in a laid-back environment
It was a great place to work but...
Waitress (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: horrible superviser
They never put me back on the calendar to work again. I worked my butt off and they didn't ask me to work again.
productive and efficient workplace with many small offices.
Cleaner (Former Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: no
A typical day is Christmas. what is learned about cleaning in office and clinics. my work mates are working together and kind of help at a time, among them are Daisy, mairelly, maria etc. in reality for me had no hard part. the easiest part of the job is to be worked in teams of two.
Unique retail store creating Community Center
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 15, 2012
Pros: great experience, i love being a part of a team that is so involved
Cons: 12+ hours a day, 7 days a week.
A typical day at work encompasses everything from demos of game systems to new/potential players,helping customers to select the next addition to their army, to figuring out the game system that best suits them/ would be the most enjoyed. In a typical day you offer painting guidance and tips, assembly and conversion advice, terrain creation. Our over arching goal is to inspire community involvement which involves cross promotion to grow all aspects of the hobby and help each player to enjoy their system. We schedule events and tournaments, give prizes and bragging rights to bolster continued enjoyment. We've created a community center that supports dozens of game systems while trying to offer expertise and involvement in each. The staff plays the game systems and paints models to contribute to game play or sell. We're constantly working on new projects, making new terrain pieces, new terrain tables, and organizing regional tournaments.

Management strives hard to make a unique environment and supportive community. However, with the excessive amount of hours they work (some have additional jobs), they can be a bit stressed or less available at times. With time processes will be smoother, additional staff will be available for delegation.

The co-workers have become a close knit family through demand and endurance of a taunting creation and implementation of such a unique endeavor.

Being a new small business, some of the hardest parts of the job is all of the roles each of us have to fill. Each of our customers needs an individual experience and personal involvement. This puts – more... the staff on stage 24-7; and with the exceedingly large amount of hours worked by each, it proves a bit taxing. Being able to support more staff during all of the peak hours would help to accommodate individual customer attention. But in addition, being a small business there is no corporate chain or departments to pertain to each aspect of a business. We're each involved in all of the daily requirements and problem anticipation and resolution. We've had to learn and utilize new softwares, policies, financial analysis, marketing, and public relations. We've had to learn patience with distributors, clients, and each other. – less

About The Foundry

The Foundry is a leading developer of visual effects and image processing technologies that boost productivity and workflow in – Read more