The Fresh Market

The Fresh Market Employee Reviews

Awesome job to have
Seafood & Meat Market Specialist (Former Employee), Lafayette, LouisianaJuly 30, 2015
I loved my job at TFM. All the employees cared about one another. All the manager's did everything they could to help. This job is perfect for high school or college students just stepping into the work force.
loved the customers
Assistant Front End Manager (Former Employee), West Chester, OHJuly 30, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: poor management
The Fresh Market was an awesome place to work, other than management, was very micro-managed and they made it a very hostile work environment for all their employees. I loved my co-workers, loved my customers, I developed management skills myself but was never given the opportunity to grow in the company-which was what I was looking for. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and getting to know them on a day to day basis.
it was hard
Head Baker (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 30, 2015
Baked assortments of breads, pastries, and designed dessert plates
Promoted to Executive Pastry Chef, created new desserts and re-designed the desert menu in its entirety Responsible for proof box and oven duties
Measured, mixed, shape and cut dough for pastries breads
Fun atmosphere with dedication to quality
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCJuly 30, 2015
Customer service is the main focus at The Fresh Market. Taking everyday shopping to a new level of making every day extraordinary.
Productive environment with a few issues regarding managment
Baker (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 28, 2015
Pros: fun, engaging environment, friendly staff, good food
Cons: poor management, heavy workload
Working here was fun for a short while. Over time, management became overwhelming and I felt I was being shoved to the side. I am a hard worker so this surprised me. Better management and The Fresh Market would do a lot better.
Excelent
Assistant Deli Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Customer service
Cons: hours
Good place to work. Treat employees and customers well. I would recomend to anyone apllying and would definately recommend to customers.
Never Again
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 23, 2015
I hated working here. Working there for minimum wage to deal with customers being cheap over a place that is already a cheap place to eat compared to nicer dine in restaurants was not my cup of tea.
I LOVE TFM
Front End Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Exciting, Fun, They work with your schedule outside of work.
Cons: Micromanagement
I enjoy going to work daily. I love the atmosphere, my co workers, and meeting new people daily. I enjoy a fast paced job, something that keeps me busy and something challenging. There is nothing hard about this job, at times it can get extremely boring when business is slow. They work with your school schedule, or other outside priorities one may have. Other than that, the Fresh Market is an easy going job but I am ready for a change and a challenge.
Terrible management, not a fun workplace.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Murray, UTJuly 21, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Not enough pay. No raises. Terrible management. No recognition.
The management was very bad. They won't pay you for the amount of work you do. I was labeled as part time, but working full time so that they didn't have to give me benefits. Transferred into a different department without a raise. Made 4 dollars less than I should have been making.
Fun workplace, rapidly growing company, lots of potential
Store Manager (Current Employee), USAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: good discount and work life balance
Cons: pay slightly below industry average
At The Fresh Market management gets a really good work life balance, if you do your job your only working 42-45 hours per week vs other companies at 55+ Compensation is slightly below industry average but not too far off. currently going through culture changes that are for the good
Not a fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Ok benefits
Cons: Staffing is always an issue. People are quitting left and right
The cafe is a stepchild and is treated as such. It is never a priority. Staffing is always an issue. People are quitting left and right.
Speciality grocery store chain, clean and atmosphere very appealing to customers
Produce/Meat/Seafood Clerk (Former Employee), The Villages, FLJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Discount on Fresh Market products
Cons: Can't think of anything.
Always busy, always something to do. How to interact with people (customers). No management skills available to me. Co-workers were very nice and well trained. Lifting heavy produce boxes was hard work, but I did it without complaining. Interacting with co-workers and customers.
It's a pretty good company, growth opportunities in this market is slow
FAST TRACK Asst. STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: We are routinely scheduled for 40-45 hours a week, the department heads handle the day to day operation in their departments.
Cons: Advancement opportunities are slow, first and second levels of leadership are not very involved with your progress.
Daily- I review emails, depending on the day there's inventories or cycle counts to be done. I work with my partnering departments on their Top 10 and coach them on opportunities and commend on improvements. Because I am the training coordinator, I discuss training, potential hiring needs and performance improvement opportunities.
I love it at The Fresh Market!
Cashier (Current Employee), Rogers, ARJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Kind atmosphere, Good employee discount, Nice employees and customers
Cons: The occasional customer that's having a bad day
Typical Day: Getting your register set up with bags and your till, Checking customers out while holding a conversation from time to time, Bagging groceries, Putting carts and baskets back at the front.
Learned: Communication skills, numbers for the bulk items and produce, how to be a good cashier
Management: Awesome people, fun to work with
Co-workers: Same as management
Hardest part: Waiting when there are few people in the store and no one to checkout at the moment
Enjoyable part: Meeting new and interesting people, both customers and co-workers.
equal
Front end assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2015
This was an equal job place but there were alot of mis communication at this job.There was many time i would arrive to work only to find out that i had been taken off the schedule for that day and moved to another day
Good 10 months
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Team-oriented, detailed, safe
Cons: lack of advancement in my case
Had a good time working there, my first real employment. Unfortunately ended with all stores in my town being closed. Management was active and supportive of us, co-workers were kind as well. Lots of days where the store was near empty, sadly. Handling the meats, cheeses, and prepared salads/sandwiches and keep our area clean was my role as a Deli Clerk.
A wide variety of simple training. Job demands don't satisfy high skill-set.
Specialist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Okay experience. The people and environment make the job enjoyable.
Cons: Pay scale should be increased by 20%
Managed multiple areas. Provided support for customers and employees. Shipping and receiving was a daily process. I worked with coffee and candy, so I must say my job was superb.
Great job
Produce Clerk / Produce Prep (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLJuly 9, 2015
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: short breaks
This was a great job. I had a lot fun working here. My manager was really cool and had a great personality. I made a lot of good friends and some of my friend who lived in the same apartment complex as me worked there.
Laid-back work environment with decent pay.
Produce/Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), 1860 E. 9400 S. Sandy, UTJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Laid back managers, cool people.
Cons: Low pay, can involve quite a bit of physical labor.
Working for this company has taught me a great series of skills from working as a dairy clerk, grocery clerk, cashier, and bagger. The most important skill I've learned is proper communication with customers and employees to get tasks and projects done.
Management takes sides with clickish groups
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), ALABAMAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: management favoritism
Management will take sides with certain employees to prevent racial confrontation. It doesn't matter if those employees are in the wrong. They will even go as far to dismiss employees even management to prevent crossing minorities (even though they are in the wrong)
Headquarters