The Fresh Market Employee Reviews

Horrible
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 21, 2017
During my time working here it was close to the worse job I've ever had . The management does not care about its employees , unless you're one of the employees who kisses up to management, regardless of how hard or how well you work. I worked there for 3 years , was trained in 4 different departments , and was never given a raise or even made full time. Yet , despite all of that they will still ask for many favors from you, such as working extra hours, doing the department managers job, and the jobs of anyone else in the store that they like. It sucks , you get no respect , from the customers or the management. Just don't work here , try Whole Foods it seems like a better work environment.
Used to be great
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 19, 2017
Company used to be a great place to work,original owners cared about their employees and treated them fairly, now way below average wage, once capped your done, management teams are a joke, from store manager to Dept. Heads who are clueless how to run their depts., if you brown nose, lie and pass the "buck" onto someone else then this is the place for you, if you're a hard worker and care about your job then Stay Away From This Place. A lot of stores are closing and it's no wonder POOR!POOR! MANAGEMENT>
Pros
Some really Great Employees, benefits
Cons
MANAGEMENT, Unfair Wages
not fun environment
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Holladay, UTApril 18, 2017
I did not like working there, the managers were awful and the pay wasn't any better. Overall, I'd say my experience working there is one I can't wait to forget
It's alright
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAApril 17, 2017
It's an alright place to work, But they're a very cheap company to work for. This is their major downfall. If you're looking for A GREAT OPERTUNITY. this is not the place to work
Pros
The people
Cons
the people
A very slow and boring place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLApril 16, 2017
I did not enjoy working for this company because i was always singled out by my front end manager. My store manager was very unpleasant person to work for. I had multiple complaints from customers telling me that the manager was not a people person. considering they have shut down over 50 stores their is no job security.
Pros
10% employee discount/ Health care/ 401k
Cons
management
Good schedule
Assistant Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 13, 2017
I enjoyed the flexible work schedule and the opportunity to complete several different jobs each day. Each store had several training opportunities...
Great job if you want to prepare recipes for customers
Assistant Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSApril 12, 2017
Help interview and form a team, Analyze spreadsheet for hot and low selling items and report to Deli and store manager; data, issues, and completed task. Prepare salads, soups, pizza, sandwiches, and cooked meat for service. Work safely and efficiently, to greet customers and allow for a comfortable shopping experience.
fast pace
Interim Manager/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLApril 12, 2017
Overall it was a good place to work.There was a lot of team work in my department. I could always count on my coworkers to work together to get the job done. It was fast paced at times and lots of work due to not having sufficient staff.
Pros
great employees, good benefits
Cons
poor management, insufficient staff, stressful, low wages
decent work place
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Avon, CTApril 12, 2017
doesnt listen to your needs but they treat you pretty well.

lots of work for one person closing sometimes get help.
assistant manager jen is always very rude
Great grocery store to work at
Deli / Prep Room Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lithia, FLApril 11, 2017
I had a good experience working for TFM. I worked in the deli department was promoted to work in the prepared foods department. Deli is fast paced customer service orientated.
would recommend as part time job for students.

Obviously being a customer service position in what is considered an "Upscale" grocery store, there are rude and snobby customers. Like any other customer service job.
Pros
Enjoyable Grocery store to work for
Cons
Minimum wadge
overworked, underpaid on low hours.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2017
under new ownership. Equity firm. So as they do, they cut hours and left a skeleton crew. Also created more work for employees with new guidelines. Another example how most big grocers and retail companies in general do not want to create jobs. They want to automate and make a bigger profit.Don't give them your time .As you can see by the amount of openings it is a nightmare place to work.
Pros
Nice people. Good deli. Decent management. There hands are tied though.
Cons
overworked, underpaid, insane expectations.
Time for a change
Assistant Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILApril 11, 2017
I loved my customers and the job it self. There were opportunities to move up in the company. It was not an easy position and became challenging but I liked the fact that there was always something to be doing. I hate when I don't have something to do. I learned that the small things aren't worth stressing over and things will work out. The hardest part of the job was working with individuals that didn't care about their job, company policies and procedures.
Pros
benefits, hours, customers
not the worst, definitely not the best.
Cafe Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 10, 2017
I worked in the cafe, inside of a museum, so keep this in mind. It was a laid back job but unfortunately the drama of the store crept into the cafe and it kinda ruined the work experience.
Adolescent Company
Customer Service/ Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ALApril 6, 2017
TFM is still a growing, adolescent company. While their mission and vision statements are excellent, they are recovering from a 5-year stretch of poor corporate leadership which has greatly hampered the employees' abilities to fulfill their purposes. Their headed in the right direction, and will no doubt be a great place to work an a year or two when the new leadership's initiatives have taken root.
Pros
Employe Discount, FT Employee Benefits
Cons
A lot of change happening at once
The Best Company In America
Manager/Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 4, 2017
The best company I have ever worked for in my life. They care about their employees and their upward movement within the company. I would encourage everyone to work with The Fresh Market.
Pros
Great CompANY
Cons
There aren't any negatives about this company
Official response from The Fresh Market
April 21, 2017

It’s always great to hear that our people are enjoying their work place. Thank you for your review!

Building a positive work environment starts with great people like you! Keep up the great work!

Great enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 3, 2017
Great company overall. Wrong people in charge at the time of my employment there. The Regional Manager was not promoting on merit. Sometimes one person can cause a poor experience .
Great
cashier (Former Employee) –  riverside jacksonvilleApril 3, 2017
The people their are great and I love the flexible hours. Management is nice and the food is great. I learned a lot by just working there. I love the customers also.
Pros
hospitality
Cons
not enough hours
Great environment
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAApril 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at fresh market.. it was a job were you were more like family rather than employee.. you enjoy talking I o the customers and giving different opinions of different sweets and pastries
part time job
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bedminster, NJMarch 31, 2017
Nice employees and nice management. This job is okay for me until I find another one in my field. I enjoyed working in corporate. My Verizon job had gone to Florida.
Pros
yes, free samples
Cons
I always worked in fiance and banking
Great food
Butcher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 29, 2017
I got to meet with new customers everyday and the usual customers as well. I became meat cutter certified and I learned a lot about different cuts of meat.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Fresh Market. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9