The Fresh Market Employee Reviews

Great place
Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMarch 1, 2017
great everything, employees, customers , management, customer service has to be really good , deal with food, or cashier
Productive and Fun Environment to Work In
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 1, 2017
Was a great environment with very kind and hospitable employers and fellow employees.
Flexible hours and family based community. (Family discounts).
Worked with conversing with customers and preparing the baked goods and desserts.
Fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 27, 2017
The food is great. Working there is a 5/10 , the most enjoyable part of the day was satisfying the nice, grateful customers and next best thing was clocking out for the day.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
working there
Great food
Decorator and baker (Former Employee) –  Pawleys Island, SCFebruary 27, 2017
This was one of my first jobs. It helped me work well with new people and taught me how to master what I loved to do. I had a manager that worked well with me when I first started out and stuck with me as I learned how to do everything.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Great until it wasn't.
Cross trained floater (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 25, 2017
Very fun place to work with decent hours, slight high turnover rate, but overall not bad. Lots of free food, & management wasn't amazing, but fair. Stores changed when they were bought out by the investment firm. My store had an abhorred outside hire manager replace the good store manager that everyone loved. Store went down the tubes slowly after. Not much room for advancement, benefits are sub par, and there are no full time positions except in management. Dept managers wages arent great either. Most employees are in and out within months. They view you as expendable. Until new management is implemented, the store that was once fun has a long way to go. Sad honestly.
Pros
Occasional free Food, Sampling events, regular customers
Cons
poor management, no incentives, no promoting within, scheduling is difficult to work with, raises are minuscule, Christmas bonuses were lowered
A shame it's not the same place anymore.
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCFebruary 24, 2017
The Fresh market has changed so much so quickly. It used to be a good company to work for, that cared about customer and employee. The company now will cut labor and standards to meet the bottom line, with no regard to their emoloyees. Work life balance is a joke. Being respected or appreciated will not happen anymore. Management will talk a good game to get you in and the first stressful situation will take it out on employees. They do not hold accountable employees not meeting the expectations and pile the work on the employees that are. Upper management and corporate are hateful to anyone that tries to ask for help. Human Resources make a joke out of complaints made, very lacking in professionalism.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No matter how hard or good you are at what you do, it will never be enough and never be appreciated or rewarded in compensation
Bakery associate experience
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLFebruary 24, 2017
You start running from the beginning of the shift to the end. The store manager is honest and willing to work with employees. If you can keep up with the work and still take care of customers is a challenge. Bakery Associates could be schedule to work on your block out date and time without asking. Favoritism could be shown to a few employees. The work environment is very stressful and could become unbearable. The bakery manager is very passionate about their job and askes for perfection. The cold case was my favorite area to work. Making sure everything is filled and dated is a necessity.
Pros
I learned a lot. I was allowed to show my skills in the bakery.
Cons
You can be schedule you on your on days/times that were blocked. A very stressful work environment.
overworked and underpaid.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNFebruary 23, 2017
All the managers are miserable and rude. The company refuses to hire the necessary amount of employees to effectively run the store, opting instead to run the store on a skeleton crew which gives the employee an unreasonable workload for the hours scheduled resulting in working over a shift almost daily, sometimes by several hours. All your hard work will be rewarded with either indifference or negative feedback regardless of how productive and efficient you were during your shift. At least you will be compensated for your time with poverty wages.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
everything else
Competitive pay
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 23, 2017
I learned the definition of hard work and was exposed to diverse customer attitudes at TFM. Advancements are possible if you're willing to work; however, management fluctuated while I was there, so that may or may not hinder your able to be promoted. Overall, I recommend it.
Work environment
Full time grocery clerk (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 21, 2017
Poor management, Friendly customers and employees
Laborious job. Not a lot of room for advancement. Clean and well kept workplace, Easily accessible and plenty of parking
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Poor management

Want to know more about The Fresh Market?

Ask a question
Management issues
Front End Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 17, 2017
I liked working for The Fresh Market but management often times made it difficult to enjoy my job. There was often disagreements about how to enforce store policy between managers. The employee discount is nice.
Pros
great employee discount
Cons
management
Carry pepper spray
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHFebruary 17, 2017
If you're female you will be sexually harassed constantly but management will not do anything about it. This place was the nastiest place I have ever been employed and the coworkers were even worse.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
The Fresh Market
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Great place to work, hard work but in a good atmosphere depending on store manager. Not easy advancement after ASM only up to Department Managers. Decent pay
Upper Management was not supportive of store level managment
Bulk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 14, 2017
The store itself was nice. Coworkers had positive attitudes. Being able to move up was easy. Job duties was easy to perform daily. Pay did not match the responsibilities of management. Store managers was had very poor communications skills with specialist and regular employers.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks. great benifits
Cons
poor management and late deliveries made the specialist job harder.
Productive and fun work environment that promotes healthy living!
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Absolute pleasure to work at. The manager and coworkers were all very genuinely friendly and outgoing. Fresh Market promoted healthy living through organic and more natural products.
No good
Meat/Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2017
This com[any does not know the first thing about sanitation. I worked there for over a year...in vero beach... I was fired due to a personal problem with another associate,,,
Pros
Cons
many
Immature leadership
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  RALEIGH, NCFebruary 10, 2017
This place is ran by idiots who are immature and need to stop acting like they're teenagers again. They use favoritism for their employees and act like they're in high school
Fun work inviroment with great people
Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  Sugar House, UTFebruary 9, 2017
Good opportunities. Management is awesome. Good pay a d benefits along with paid time off. I enjoyed the environment and the customer service all employee's offer.
Pros
flexible
Cons
over worked
productive and fun place to work
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 9, 2017
basically a closer, so i pack everything up and clean up the bakery with replacing old items with new items for next day. pack up all the food and desserts that where bake that morning with stocking karts for next morning to be bake
Pros
discount on grocery
Cons
n/a
decent
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCFebruary 9, 2017
they cared more about quantity over quality. Got onto me when I was trying to make the product more about being done correctly instead of quickly.....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Fresh Market. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9