The Fresh Market Employee Reviews

Fresh Market is a good place to work based on industry comparison.
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AKNovember 17, 2017
Fun and social place to work, in a public, customer service environment. The group of people I work with are very kind and helpful. Management works well with each employee.
Relaxed but engaging work.
Assistant Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 17, 2017
Average day is moderately busy with more pleasant people than grumps. Management is eclectic but present and everyone gets along fairly well. The most difficult part about the job can be the customers (it is a retail job after all.) but the most enjoyable part of the job are the regular customers and the relationships you for with them.
Pros
Nice discount, cool people, good product.
Cons
lack of hours, no raises, difficult to advance.
Very terrible
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 16, 2017
Working here was out of this world only reason I stayed so long was because of bill and no other company would call. It was like nobody really wanted to do anything but come stand around and get a check. While some actually bust their butts to help the store as much as possible.
The company need introduced a mistery employee every store whith check quality for yours management and assistant managers development
Grocery (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNNovember 16, 2017
they should give training training and control of cholera and know how to treat employees and customers in general on property managers and their assistants
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poorly management and assistant manager
Interesting company, but risky.
Grocery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 16, 2017
Fresh Market has a really interesting business model, but will only survive in upscale neighborhoods. Risky for long-term job security. Entry pay is low.
no bueno
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 15, 2017
The fresh market was realistically a waste of my time however i did get paid for it. The managers had a stuck up nose and thought they were right about everything.
Just a few issues
clerk (Current Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 15, 2017
Management will personally attack and hold grudges, adjust the schedule without letting people know and hold them accountable, working part-time employees full-time hours and not offering benefits, no overtime is allowed, people who quit and marked as "seasonal" and not taken off the schedule for months, every other day is an ethical dilemma between fudged paperwork, employee harassment, and lack of communication.
Pros
good salaries
Cons
no benefits for part time, short breaks, little communication
Okay place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 14, 2017
It's cool just need new Managers in more people who are willing to work in always be on time, wat I did like abt it is because I learned in really showed myself how to do the job I got hired for..
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Good breaks
Lease Administration Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 14, 2017
Love the people and what I did there. Very smart and efficient people. Also very nice to work with and pleasant all the time. Comfortable work environment. No complaints.
Fun staff but management plays favorites
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHNovember 13, 2017
Slow paced work place, not a lot going on during the day. Management plays favorites and if you are not a favorites be prepared to be treated unfairly and poorly.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Bad management
its not there anymore
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHNovember 13, 2017
Neither the building or the company exist any longer here in cleveland, but while it was there, it was a great place to work, learned lots of names and faces
Average
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VA 23113November 12, 2017
I worked part time as a Teen, I felt I was over worked and under paid. the the turn over rate in my store at that time was amazing, new faces popping in and put every month it felt like.
Pros
free food depending on the manager
Cons
its a grocery store
Don't Work Here If You Don't Need To
Assistant Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 12, 2017
Management sucks. The new owners of the company do not care about their employees. Everyone is underpaid. The customers are entitled. The shifts feel like an eternity.
Pros
Going home after work
Low Moral
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 9, 2017
With management changes and constant uncertainty, moral is low and communication abut changes is even worse. The company is in need of serious changes.
Hit or miss. Depends on the store and staff.
Front End Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 8, 2017
Management is either down your throat or MIA. The store I worked in parrticular was very close and it was actually a lot of fun. I can not speak for other stores. The pay is mediocre. You are better off at whole foods or aldi.
Nice productive place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklinville, NYNovember 8, 2017
Clean and friendly workplace. Always new people as well as familiar people coming and going during the week. The most enjoyable part of the job was having someone you haven't seen in a while come back in again.
Pros
seeing repeat customers and getting to know new ones
Cons
low pay
Fun productive work place
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 6, 2017
This was an amazing place to work. I started off as a cashier within 1 year I was the front end manager.The people who I worked with was amazing. They had a great support system
Pros
1 hour luches
Cons
Customer complaints
Poor management
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 5, 2017
Overall as a shopper at the fresh market I love the store. However the produce manager treated me terribly and talked down to me on a daily basis. It’s was brought to the store managers attention but he blew me off and did nothing about the constant bullying from this woman.
Something should be done about this in the job place rather than sweeping it under the rug.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Poor management
Decent Super market job
Butcher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLNovember 2, 2017
I worked as a butchers assistant, and the responsibilities of the position we're pretty typical. Help customers, bag items, and occasionally help in the back. The guys i worked with were very laid back and helpful, and overall it was a pretty great place for a summer job.
Pros
Environment, Work-load
Cons
No employee discount
No comment
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILNovember 1, 2017
It is OK and I do really like working for the company. The company is always changing, which makes interesting and I have no further comments at this time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Fresh Market. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9