The Fresh Market

The Fresh Market Employer Reviews

Awesome
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VADecember 16, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere and friendly customers
I love dealing with food and this was a great place to show my experience. Although you interact with customers everywhere, there was more interaction to the customers here.
Stressful environment
Grocery Specialist (Former Employee), columbia scDecember 13, 2014
Pros: 20 percent discount and the chicken breast that's tates delicious
Cons: managers treat you with no respect
Job sucks. As a Grocery Specialist you won't do anything but work the backroom like an animal. You never get the chance to do your orders like the other departments at least in store 007 cause only managers do the grocery department orders so you will be trying to put out all the items that they feel like to order without consulting with you. The backroom is the most disgusting place in the world hundreds of items all over the place. It's so bad that you can even walk but they keep ordering more and more without out do pick list or nothing like that. People takes and eat whatever they want without any consideration and then when your inventory is bad you will get blame for it. There is only one of the assistance manager in this store that make sense.
ENJOYMENT FILLED RIGHT IN A RETAIL BUILDING
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee), Scarsdale, NYDecember 12, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
THERE'S NEVER A BORING DAY AT LORD & TAYLOR EVERYDAY IS A NEW DIFFERENT, INTERESTING DAY FOR ME. I'M NEVER SLACKING AND BEING LAZY AND DO NOTHING. IF I'M NOT ENGAGING MYSELF WITH MY CUSTOMERS I'M ASSISTING MY FELLOW COWORKERS WHO NEED HELP. I LOVE HELPING OUT AND IF THERE'S A TEAM WE HAVE TO BE THE TEAM AND WORK HARD.
A great place to work if you enjoy being around people and food.
Coffee and Candy Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaDecember 8, 2014
Pros: employee discount, comparable pay, flexible work schedule
Cons: always feels understaffed, management inconsistencies
I have worked with The Fresh Market for 4 years and 8 months. It has been like a second home to me and my co-workers are just like family.

A typical day at work: I prepare the coffee bar for our customers, fill the sales floor with product from the stockroom, and order or receive any product I am in need of. Above all, assisting my customers within the department is top priority.

What I've learned: I've learned everything about providing exceptional customer service while I worked on the Front End. As the Coffee/Candy Specialist, I have learned more about the Sales Floor and the amount of preparation that goes into each business day.

Management: The quality of management I have encountered at The Fresh Market wasn't always at its best. Many different types of managers with different styles and work ethics, which is to be expected at any workplace.

My co-workers: I work with a very diverse group of people, which is a great thing. I have known most of them for years and I can count on them for anything.

Hardest part of the job: Keeping product in stock. As we are well into the holiday season, it can be difficult at times to keep the holiday and 'everyday' candy filled and neat. I sometimes depend on the help from my co-workers to get my departments back to full, presentable condition.

Most enjoyable part of my job: Talking with my customers about food.
I Like my job
Floral/Gift Specialist (Current Employee), Homewood, ALDecember 5, 2014
Pros: working with friends
Cons: lazy and rude people
Its a fun job and I love what I do. I stock the departments. I do the ordering and inventories for each department. I also cut and water all plants and flowers. I also make arrangements when needed. As well as help out in other departments when needed and run errands for managers when asked. I love the people I work with. We all work together as a team and get along great. The hardest thing is inventory because there is so much stuff in the gift center department so it is very hard. I love helping the customers and making them happy as well as working with people I get along with.
cool job
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2014
Pros: meet new people daily
Cons: not enough pay
come in and take meat orders on a daily basis. maintain cooler levels in the freezer and stock up daily
Loved working here
CASHIER (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlNovember 30, 2014
My only true complaints while I worked here was favoritism and the fact that they wouldn't promote me based on my age, but my skill set was enough to help train the individual who got hired for the position I applied for. Other wise great environment and benefits.
Wonderful Job!
Front End Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCNovember 29, 2014
Pros: management, coworkers, benefits, location
Cons: customers, no piercings
Everything about this job is incredible! Just make sure you follow the rules and stay friendly and you will go far!
Good Job
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), avon, ctNovember 28, 2014
Good job and nice people. Good management. Overall I was happy with the job. I was hoping there was more room for advancement.
Retail/Student
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDNovember 20, 2014
Providing excellent customer service on a daily basis.
Currently enrolled in school to obtain a degree in criminal law.
Grocery Store Job
Assistant Grocery Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2014
Great first job. You will be responsible for receiving inventory and stocking shelves as well as helping in other departments and assisting customers.
great place to work
Baker (Former Employee), Newport News, VANovember 19, 2014
Pros: pay and coworkers
Cons: the management team
I enjoyed my job at the fresh market. Until we got a new manager into the store its like they all are against you if you are not into kissing butt(manager butt) than they are against you. I was there for 5 years and I had never been wrote up before until we got a new manager. But she is no longer there so If you are thinking about applying you are safe overall a great company to work for you can quickly advance
Great concept, awful execution.
Store Manager (Former Employee), BaltimoreNovember 16, 2014
Pros: growing company
Cons: overworked, under appreciated, high turnover, awful benefits.
This company is good for any non store management employee. Salaried employees are expected to work 60+ hours a week. Company has no loyalty or identity.
Great customers with wonderful attitudes!
Seafood Specialist (Current Employee), Jupiter, FLNovember 8, 2014
Pros: wonderful people
Cons: not enough pay
- A typical day, there is no real typical day because everything changes leaving you to flourish or fall behind. Most times the speed is set to medium-high. However, if there is a typical day coming into work, setting up by following their set plan, finish by eight a.m. and for the rest of the day making foods, filling the case, tending to customers and keeping ahead of the game.

- There’s ever just one things or a few things that you learn, every day there’s something new to learn and experience. Learning how to handle customers in many different situations leaves you with better insight for the future. So, every day there is something new to learn.

-Management is qualified, amiable, knowledgeable, and hard working. They make the experience working pleasurable.

-Everyone has a few bad apples just as everyone has raising stars so you need to take team members like family. We function together, play together, and fight together but in the end we are all moving towards the same goal. Not everyone will get along just as no everyone’s going to dislike one another.

-There are always parts in a day that’s considered hard, frustrating or just down right maddening but as always you smile. Understand that things don’t always go as they are planned, that some things just happen, lost shipments and angry customers happen so there is not hard part at work. work is what you make, how you handle situations that define your day, set the pace and everything will just fall into place.

-Being playful, being my bubbly self and laughing, joking and having fun with team members and customers because how can you enjoy life without enjoying your work? Any job can be enjoyable, it’s what you make of what you do.
GREAT PLACE TOWORK
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Towson, MDNovember 7, 2014
ALL AROUND GREAT. GREAT HOURS OF OPERATION AND GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK FOR IN MARYLAND
Fast paced team environment.
Bakery Manager (Current Employee), Kildeer, ILNovember 2, 2014
Pros: having contact with people.
Cons: very early days and long holiday hours.
Fresh Market is a fast paced environment. We provide great products and customer service at a premium price.As a manager, my expectations are to provide consistent high quality products. In order to provide this. I need to control product inventory and ordering. The work place needed to be clean and organized. As a team member of the bakery, training and following company policy is very important in order to keep these standards. I like to lead by example with a positive attitude. I encourage self starters and innovators. Enjoying my job came from feeling productive at the end of the day by seeing my team pull together to provide these services/
Not sure
Cashier (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 28, 2014
I wasn't there long enough to give you any details in regard to a typical day.
productive workplace
Cashiering and bakery clerk (Current Employee), Delray Beach, FLOctober 28, 2014
very busy
always active and working
great co workers
best customer service
Good concept but not managed correctly at the top for growth and outdated technology.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), FloridaOctober 24, 2014
Pros: good concept.
Cons: very poor pay. not comensurate with industry at the store level. managers are constantly quiting.
The company has a pseudo-culture. It talks about putting out a good working environment for managers and hourly staff but does not live up to it. Also, it is set for tremendous growth, but utilizes outdated technology at all levels which will hamper the growth.
fun place to work
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Macon, GAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches and snacks
Cons: no cons
Greeting Customers
Opening Cash Registers
Cleaning work areas and Lunch rooms
The Management is the best management ever
Co-workers are hard working and very friendly
There is no hard part at The Fresh Market
The most enjoyable part at The Fresh Market is being at The Fresh Market

About The Fresh Market

When it comes to food, it's good to get fresh. The Fresh Market operates about 100 full-service upscale specialty grocery stores – Read more

The Fresh Market Photos