The Fresh Market Employee Reviews

Great for college students!
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 16, 2016
Great job for college or entry level workers. Sometimes they may ask for you to help out in various departments throughout the market. Work days sometimes can get pretty slow so its easy to get bored. Once they sold the company more pointless rules started to go in place making it strict company to work for when it really wasn't that difficult.
Pros
Discount, food samples, product selection
Cons
Short breaks, management communication, shift times
Productiveandfun work place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAJuly 14, 2016
Great place to work great management. Alot of lateral movement company will pay to help move if nessacary . Great product easy to get behind and sale
Good store and department managment
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 12, 2016
The company started out good but started to go down hill fast with the new corporate management cutting hours for full time employees and putting unreasonable policies in place.
Productive, and fun workplace
Assistant Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 12, 2016
The Fresh Market is a family of friendly employees, and it encourages a productive workplace environment for all. I enjoy showing up to work because of the friendly atmosphere the employees add to the to workday. When I'm putting out produce, and engaging with customers the day practically flies by.
Pros
Friendly Environment, Great Employees, Plenty to do
Cons
Short Breaks 30mins with two 10min breaks.
Can be an outstanding company
Seafood Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 8, 2016
This company as a whole has the potential to be the best business to work for but; many of it's locations have capable management.
Often times the store management are so bombarded with busy work that they have no one on one time with team members for store development.
Many great employers are overlooked for advancement and sometimes sabotaged for the good of the district or regional directors proficiency status. This has been seen and noted how the incompettance of upper management; has disregarded the true backbone of the company and still are underpaid or pinched off percentages of a so called pay increase for performance evaluation
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
inadequate pay scale
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 5, 2016
Having deli set by 9am

I learned new recipes

Management held people accountable

My co-workers were willing to learn

The hardest part was having to build displays

the most enjoyable was meeting new people
Pros
40 hour work week
Cons
Not getting job done in 40 hours
Nice job But Not enough pay
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 3, 2016
Great place to work but Not enough pay. Great people that work there, made a bunch of friends but unfortunately the pay was not good.
Pros
A discount on purchases
Cons
Not enough pay
Nice place to work as a company just not this location
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2016
I started when the store opened. The first 2-3 weeks we laughed and learned, we had fun. The weeks after I realized the change in our environment. The store became stuffy and the management got stricter, not because we weren't doing our jobs but because it was like management had something to prove. I thought maybe it was just me until I noticed everyone I started with was quitting. When I became exhausted just walking through the door I decided to leave.
Pros
the company, pay, easy job
Cons
management
Great Pace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJune 30, 2016
I was the Asst. Manager in the Deli Department. My duties was to do a manager walk thru. Make sure the food is In great quality. Inventory for the food to make sure we have what we need. Also I lead my employees to deliver great customer service.
Pros
Awesome Team Members
Cons
Short Staff
TFM is a positive game changer
Meat Department Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2016
The Fresh Market is a Life stlye a breath of fresh air to how grocery shopping experience should be and Im proud to be apart of this.Ive read alot of the pros aswell the cons.Nothing is perfect no where ...As a ten year employee I've seen some bad and alot of good with my company.If you want a raise do your job,if you want a promotion stand out master your craft.The problem is where hiring people who dont want to work hard but want all the benefits of a hard worker.Call outs are high ,no shows are common,people arriving to work late.My point is most not all of the complaints are from people who do not care about what they do ...its just a check until they find another job.Lets make Fresh Market great again,its been a hard transition for some but with good hiring ,competitive wages,better training like "Go Deep"program we had some years ago,we can be a force and when that happens raises happens more hours happens promotion happens.LET MAKE IT HAPPEN
Pros
GREAT STORE MANGER
Cons
When we went public
The day always flew by due to the work load.
Assistant Front-end Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLJune 30, 2016
I enjoyed working for The Fresh Market because of the employees. Everyone worked as a team. I learned a lot in management and how to multi task. My overall experience with The Fresh Market was a great opportunity..
Pros
Working with great employees
Cons
healthcare wasn't the best
An Experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 30, 2016
It was good while I worked there. Friendly people and a good staff. Had no issues and it was a flexible schedule. I have nothing else to say.
Good company to work for.
Manager of Lease Administration (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 29, 2016
The Fresh Market is a good company to work for. They have an easy going atmosphere and the employees all appear to get along with each other.
Pros
Easy going work culture.
Cons
90 miles away from my home.
fun environment
Bakery (Current Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTJune 29, 2016
Management and co-workers are great to work with; pay is a little low but is a great place to work as a high school student.
A great place to work .
Floral Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 28, 2016
Is a great place to work I have a great management team that has support me in my development. I have worked with a great team of staff who are team players in day to day operations. The most enjoyable part for me are the customers whom many of them I know by name just making a difference for them. The hardest part has been coming back from a medical leave and finding out that your position has been resolved and is know more and no one can tell you your feature. I want to grow and be part of a stable company and I am not sure about that anymore.
Pros
I love to travel and train for new store openings
Cons
All jobs have them I really foucs on the postive
Productive and fun workplace at The Fresh Market
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilmette, ILJune 27, 2016
A few times I've gotten customers who have trouble getting what they want all we do is be patient and assist them in whatever they need.
Relaxed and fun work environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 27, 2016
Great place to work, Excellent hours and has great management. Fun and exciting, has good benefits, and the co workers are a delight to be around because the management treats everyone right. Grade A class acts.
Pros
Everything is great
Cons
Too many hours
Poorly ran high turnover
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 26, 2016
In a typical day i do way more work than most of the people at the store because they don't hire good help. I haven't learned much from this place that i didn't learn at my other stores I've been before here. The management here is consistently awful in my 3 years I've seen every manager change except the Front End Lead. I love the people i work with we're just stuck in a bad place. The hardest part of working here is probably just the consistent drama no one wants to talk they just want to start drama its bad. The most enjoyable part is that i love my Deli co workers we have fun and get the job done.
Pros
Coworkers, Benefits
Cons
High Turnover, Drama, Poorly managed.
Good Company
PM Baker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2016
The store that I was located at was not able to sustain a steady flow of customers. Several things contributed to the downfall such as lack of advertising. This company was heavily depending on the staff to get business in the stores.Most of the managers were not from Houston and this was also another mistake because many opportunities for additional business was missed. As a result the store was closed.
Very stressful and low morale place to work
Assistant Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2016
It is a very stressful place, mostly because of inadequate management. i love the company and the product but sadly, not the job.

2.9