The Fresh Market Employee Reviews

Found 1,107 reviews matching the search
perfect
Specialist in Bulk Bakery / Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 18, 2017
perfect place to work and way to growth and move foward .Nice place to work and offered when you reffered someone.i enjoyed working there and if it was' nt because they where cutting hours i would problaby there still.
The Fresh Market
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 18, 2017
It was a pretty fast paced environment. My other coworkers were very friendly, but the manager was not always nice. They would prioritize who they scheduled to work which was unfair, so I did not always have the chance to work as many hours as I wanted to.
Cons
short breaks from standing for a long time.
July 31, 2017

We appreciate and value your feedback. Engaging in conversations like these allow us to identify gaps and helps us improve every day.

Great place to work but can be demanding
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 17, 2017
In the bakery department we had the best ever supervisor. However, doing my tenure here we had 3 store managers. The first 2 were transferred and 1 am told that a couple of years after I resigned (health issues) the 3rd was relieved of her duties.
I enjoyed working there and the skills. I learned was worth everything.
Pros
For me, everything
Cons
For me, nothing
Great place to work at.and great people
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kaysville, UT 84037July 17, 2017
Great place, employee friendly. I got along with everyone. I was really disappointed and sad that they shut there doors and closed down. A lot of peoples lost there jobs and life.
Pros
Close to home
Star ratings are correct.
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33704July 14, 2017
That's it but to say that many of us feel like ants in an anthill, constantly moving, usually not enough help. We are understaffed as it is and when people don't show, it is burdensome..
Pros
Discounts, nice people
Cons
Stress, pressure, understaffed

Needs higher standards
Food Prep- customer service (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 14, 2017
I quit due to the fact there were several young, under educated employees cross contaminating chicken during prep hours. I was appalled at the lack of attention payed to sanitizing and sterilizing equipment and surfaces that encountered raw chicken. As a previous line cook for 2 plus years this was not something I could stand behind.
Pros
You get to try new things
Cons
Not sanitary
July 31, 2017

You indicated that you worked at our Cedar Rapids store. We no longer have a store there, but we are very concerned about your allegation. We invite you to provide more detail at GLResponse@thefreshmarket.com

Management is horrible
Scanning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJuly 13, 2017
Management at the Fresh Market I use to work at was the WORST ever. He harassed the employees. Thats why I ended up quitting before my two week notice. He would just sit in the back and say racial slurs, hurtful words, and gossip about employees to other employees. The best part of the job was the benefits and pay. The worst part and hardest part was managing the motivation
to come back to work to endure another day of harassment. Nothing ever changed even with talking to higher up. People went to HR about this manger and nothing was done.
July 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. These allegations are very concerning to us and we would like to learn more. I invite you to email us at GLResponse@thefreshmarket.com

Very productive
Grocery Clerk, Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 13, 2017
A typical day at work usually consisted of me clocking in, placing backstock items on a cart and taking them out onto the floor. After i finished placing back stock items onto the shelves, i would then go to the cooler and fill the milk, cheese, yogurt, and coffee creamers. After i finished my list of things to do the managers would usually have me do many other tasks to make the day go by. The management was very friendly, very productive, and very easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was finding something to do when everything was finished. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers, talking to customers and seeing them walk away with smiles on their faces.
Pros
3 breaks in a day
Cons
when people didn't do their jobs you had to do it for them
The Fresh Market
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTJuly 13, 2017
This is a good job to start out in the workplace. Good training and work environment. Nice staff overall enjoyed my time working there. Recomend this job.
was boring here.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 11, 2017
I didn't get to do much, pay wasn't great but it wasn't stressful. Pay wasn't great either and never had enough hours. Sometimes you would be standing there doing nothing because they were never busy.
July 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your point of view. Your comments are important to us and help us improve our employee experience.

Great Co-workers
Scanning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Airport Blvd. Pensacola, FlJuly 10, 2017
Friendly employees just no place for advancement. Management is a little slow on relaying information to it's employees. You don't always have back up from the upper management.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No help when needed
Great for promotions.
Scanning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 10, 2017
The Fresh Market is a great place to work if you enjoy the grocery industry and if you are in school. It is great at noticing hard work and compensating you accordingly.
It has a really great environment
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 10, 2017
This was a really great place to work. I learned how to complete orders for the store. The management team was awesome and very easy to talk to. The hardest part of this job was trying to deal with rude customers. What I enjoyed most was seeing how satisfied the customers were after I helped them.
Decent place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bedminster, NJJuly 7, 2017
There's a wide variety of food there and the other employees were fun to work with.

The prices were a bit high but overall worth it with some of the items
Awesome Place to work!
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2017
Awesome Brand. Clean stores & great management. Experiencing some growing pains but still a great place to work.Need to clean house a little and slow advancement.
Pros
Great Brand
Cons
Growing pains
A full work day
Floral Special (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 6, 2017
With the recent changes and developments made to the company- which are ongoing - the workload has increased in size for most employees. For someone like me, who enjoys a full work load and staying busy during her 8 hours, I enjoy the constant challenge off working in multiple departments effectively. The managers and employees alike make it a pleasant place to come everyday. It feels like a second family.
Pros
Breaks, Monday meetings
July 31, 2017

It’s always great to hear that our people are enjoying their work place, even when it is busy and crowded. Thank you for your review!

Was alot of work
Meat and Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 6, 2017
Had a lot of responsibilities , sometimes had to close meat and seafood by myself, I also did a lot of extra work that wasnt asked of me. I was a hard worker.
Pros
Was a job
Cons
Was to stressful

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this important feedback.

If you want to scrape by.
Assistant Front-End Manager (Current Employee) –  Guilford, CTJuly 4, 2017
A typical day is dealing with great customers and routine.
Learned about entry level management.
Management needs improvement.
Workplace culture is not that great.
Hardest part of job is dealing with lazy employees taking advantage of ethical employees.
Most enjoyable is the classical music.
Pros
Free Food. Good Hours. Classical Music.
Cons
Some Employees are bullies and lazy, taking advantage of hard workers. and lead management rewards laziness.

Horrible Management
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJuly 3, 2017
The company needs to find a way to find better managers. But I can see why its hard as their pay is horrible. Managers make no overtime. And are expected to work overtime.
July 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this important feedback. We always encourage our employees to speak up so we can identify opportunities to improve our workplace.
If you would like to further discuss this, we invite you to email us at GLResponse@thefreshmarket.com

Keep looking
Grocery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 1, 2017
Horrific mgmt.No raises.favoritism at every turn.
There becoming a food lion fast.Was a nice place to work back before they went public with stocks. Next!!
Pros
Hours
Cons
Benifits..Work environment

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this important feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Fresh Market. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9