The Fresh Market

The Fresh Market Employee Reviews

I enjoyed being a cashier at this job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLMay 2, 2015
Pros: Flexible and fun work environment.
Cons: I did not get enough cross training
I worked at Fresh Market for about 7 months. I had a lot of people there that I enjoyed working with. The managers there were very nice and I loved the experience.
Not a Great Place to work yet
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Carmel, INApril 30, 2015
The company is making some changes and not for the better. The co workers are nice but dont meet managements expectations. So then they get discouraged and quit. Then the management takes advantage of the others.
perfect
END MANAGER (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 30, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Competitive Salary
Fun Environment
Great Store Manager Bonus Program
Tremendous Growth Opportunities!
Great Benefits*
*Health, Vision, Dental, Disability, 401K, Paid Vacation, and great Employee Discount! (*most benefits offered to full time Associates only)
Five Below is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Awesome Workplace
Bagger, Cart Getter, Janitor (Former Employee), Spanish Fork, UTApril 29, 2015
Cons: three jobs in one (Baggier, Carts, Janitorial)
At Fresh Market the employees work very closely with each other. I learned skills in Customer Service, Teamwork, accountability, and stocking. The hardest thing about this job was leaving work.
Fun place to work with friendly people on a team.
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Pineville, NCApril 20, 2015
Pros: Discount 20%
Cons: Food service
Sliced meats and cheese and made salads and sandwiches of all kinds for patrons. Loaded rotisserie oven. Cleaned and priced items.
Typical days at The Fresh Market
Floater (Former Employee), Rogers, ArApril 19, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: Breaks after 6 hours and not on schedule.
A typical work day for myself at the fresh market was to check product quality, checking dates and restocking items. I was also a cashier and floater specialist which means I worked in every department – more... such as: Bulk, floral, cashier, coffee/candy, meat dept., grocery, and deli. I learned how to be flexible with my work environment and work as a team. My coworkers and i shared a great bond, each individually helping one another to get our work duties done. The hardest part of my job was being understaffed but we got through it just fine, thankfully. The best part of my job were the regular customers who knew me by name and showed much gratitude towards any service i provided for them. They knew I was genuinely there to help and make their shopping experience a great one. – less
Nice Work Place
Deli Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAApril 18, 2015
Working at The Fresh Market was a great experience. They focus on Customer Service, and making sure that their customers are well taken care of.
good place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lake Forest, ILApril 17, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: nothing bad to say
good place to work...needs more consistancy in store management

great customers and products

needs better shifts,,,employee training, vrs just putting a "body" on a shift with no training (just so the shift is covered)
Worst Place to work
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Bedford NHApril 16, 2015
Pros: Local commute, store looks nice
Cons: Employees are treated badly, poor benefits
Little to no benefits
Managers slept with employees
You never had the same hours
One day you could be opening, the next closing, the next mid shift
No flexibility to go to appointments
fun workforce
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAApril 16, 2015
It's a good company to work for. you can learn alot from this company, just wish it stayed in california. coworkers was nice and they had things i never heard before or seen. they had nice management that help you get forward in there company.
hard place to work
Bakery Clerk / Baker / Candy & Coffee Specialist (Current Employee), Newport News, VAApril 14, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: work, management
don't mind hard work, but this was ridiculous. give all you can in the shortest amount of time you can. No overtime, but you better get your work done and if other departments need help, you are required to do so.
energic company with flexible hours and beneftis
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Montvale, NJApril 12, 2015
very good but no pay raise to compensate job duties. Prepare store for customers and maintain fresh fruit and produce. Clean and prepare store for the next day. Coworkers are all hard working and
team players. At times customers are unhappy if we do not sell the product they are searching for.
A friendly enviroment
Cashier/ Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TxApril 10, 2015
You go clock in. Sign in to your register and keep a great attitude. Co-workers are very friendly and the customers are too.
very very bad place to work especially this TFM
deli clerk (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 9, 2015
Pros: NOTHING
Cons: store manager!!!!
NEVER work here the manager is awful they don't care my own store manager said he don't care I was moving to Miami n I didn't have no way of getting to work an getting home n my manager said he don't care – more... how I get there n how I get home like really u say that u don't care about ur employees really.. N I told him I couldn't close n other workers in the deli complain about its not fair n so the store manager said I have to close n its not his problem how I get home wat if it was one or twelve in the morning how would I get home no one lived in Miami so I would be stuck.. literally everyone wanted to leave when we hire new people they don't stay...I got another job n left this one for the new job even tho it was a pay cut but I don't care they worked us to the bone like we were slaves.... An they fix our time if we get overtime they change our time n that's against the law if they get caught doing that... I hope corporate is reading this!!!! – less
unprofessional & unethical place to work
employee (Current Employee), north carolinaApril 7, 2015
Pros: 20% off
The District Managers are complete idiots! Unless you are sleeping with someone in corporate you won't get ahead. They don't want good employees because they treat them terrible if you do your work and – more... numbers are good they say you are fudging numbers. They want you to be terrible. If you look at some of these positions they post them 3 or 4 times even management just to fill them because no one wants to work for them. Alot of broken promises and lies. My advice don't apply its better supermarkets out there that value their employees. They also break alot of federal laws and state laws. I have even heard my manager give a bad reference on a former employee when she only should have given dates. – less
Miracle worker
Floral Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 2, 2015
Pros: Co-workers keep me laughing and twenty percent off purchases.
Cons: No support from management and no organization.
Being dedicated, and goals driven I feel that I am an important part of the success of The Fresh Market that. I try to turn negative situations into positive solutions.
A wonderful place, very helpful co-workers and management
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Germantown, TNApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
The Fresh Market gave me a wonderful first time experience. I was very impressed with the way the store way run. My co-workers were easy o get along with and as a result, my work days went very smoothly. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to serve the customers and make their experience great. I learned how to push sales, manage stock, and create displays.
dependable
floater (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 1, 2015
If management needed something done they would come to me first because they knew I was most capable of completing. For example they moved my postion to floral during the busy holidays at the time prior they the floral department was 4th best of all the stores. I help them achieve 1st best and we were aired on Good morning America for valentines day.
This corporation wants your soul
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Avon, CTApril 1, 2015
Pros: Free Coffee, Fellow Employees
Cons: District Managers Morale, Negativity
Throughout my three years working for TFM, the one thing I learned is that certain corporations truly do not care about their employees. I've worked for different retailers in the past and have never been – more... treated with such disrespect as I was there. I'm intelligent, skilled, and a very loving person. When I say my blood, sweat, and tears went into there, I mean it. I was forced to do certain aspects of jobs not within my pay grade, offered promotions which never happened, and received negative criticism on a daily basis. Their turn over ratio of employees is so large I can name at least thirty people who worked there for less than a year.
Store and Department Managers try their best to help their fellow employees. However the District Managers have no sense of morale. Nothing is ever good enough in their eyes. They make you personally feel worthless. The Corporate Office is also unorganized and painful to get any answers from, even with the simplest of questions. They are very selective in appraisal and quick to push someone out.
The Full and Part time employees I worked with during these years were fantastic people. I loved almost every person I worked with and that's the only thing I miss .Many are willing to work together to achieve a goal, which is something I've always looked for in a work place.
Apart from the stress and physical damage, I did gain particular retail skills I hope to use in the future. – less
Growing public company
Market Manager/Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 31, 2015
Pros: our customers
A great mix of "hands on" production, engaging our guests, paperwork, planning and suggestively selling.
I am constantly learning about merchandising products, the importance of "selling" in a grocery – more... store environment and how smaller companies can compete successfully in the market.
In managing people I am often learning the importance of developing a firm, fair and consistent style of managment.
The most challenging part of my position is juggling proper production, people, training, product level all the while remembering that our guests are the most important part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of my days are the customers that I have had the great pleasure of building a relationship with. They have given me the great honor of becoming one of their families trusted advisors. – less

About The Fresh Market

When it comes to food, it's good to get fresh. The Fresh Market operates about 100 full-service upscale specialty grocery stores – Read more

The Fresh Market Salaries