The Fresh Market

The Fresh Market Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
bakery manager (Former Employee), Provo,UTMay 23, 2015
Pros: great environment, great pay
I loved working for Fresh Market. I spent most of my years while it was Albertsons actually. It was fast paced work, which I love. It makes the day fly by. I love all the people that I worked with at the stores. The division management are very corporate like and want to improve in any way they can. They paid great. Good benefits.
Poor Management
clerk (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 22, 2015
Pros: pretty relaxed
Cons: bad management
Management plays favorites and does not care about you. You are just a body to them unless you suck up and talk bad about others.
Good clean company to work for.
Deli Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stuart, FLMay 22, 2015
I have done this type of work before. but for anyone who wants a gourmet type of work setting this place is for you. i learned a lot when i was working there. time management is a common factor when working there.
Energetic environment
Mgr (Former Employee), Daphne, ALMay 21, 2015
Fun & friendly atmosphere to work, responsibility is key as well as patience when working with the public. Wonderful management and coworkers overall to be apart of.
Exciting place to work with an interesting enviroment.
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great food and products are sold there.
Cons: Closing on deep cleaning nights.
A typical day as a cashier at The Fresh Market was always different, often times there would be a sale therefore engaging with customers is important. The management was professional as well as friendly and casual. Most co-workers helped other employees in other departments in order to close the store in a timely manner. The toughest part of the job is memorizing the PLU's for certain fruits and vegetables. The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying customers and distributing free samples to customers.
nice job , just as a stepping stone
deli clerk (Current Employee), scarsdale , new yorkMay 19, 2015
not a very good management system , they pick and choose who to say things to and who not to. i would prefer to tell someone in corp. but , its just a waste of time. this job to most employees that have come is just a step to hold you until the next big step comes along.
Fun and Entertaining Work Place
Cashier (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 18, 2015
Everyone was friendly and was a fun environment. There was always laughter and joking around. Made the customers feel really welcomed. Management was ok. They wernt the best and they always complained about something. The most enjoyable part about the job was being able to sample all the food with customers and be able to enjoy ourselves.
Deli Clerk
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 18, 2015
Pros: Decent, easy work. Great coworkers.
Cons: Lack of individuality. Too conservative.
It was nice. I liked my coworkers. The job was easy. The only thing I didn't really particularly care for was how I was required to trim my facial hair - apparently, making employees look like clean-cut clones was what the company owner had in mind. There's nothing wrong with beards, tattoos, or anything like that. It feels as stuck up and pretentious as the customers who buy into that image.

Wearing slacks and a polo in the deli? What is up with that? Why do I need to look like the workers on the floor and cash registers if I am getting much dirtier than they are, ruining my clothes? But they want you to conform to their ideal image. There is no self expression or individuality in this company - no one values that.

Overall, not too bad of an environment.
Managers were horrible
Grocery Clerk, Cashier (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 17, 2015
Nothing was organized and all the managers were inconsiderate of the employees. Behind what the customers saw it was a filthy place and not so "fresh".
Great place to work at.
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Fort Myers and Gainesville FloridaMay 16, 2015
They worked well with my school schedule and were great to work for. Moving up in the company was a breeze if effort was applied.
productive and careing work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Cornelius, NCMay 13, 2015
Pros: time managment, positive work place
Cons: when working a short shift you get a ten minute break
management was really good, Always on top of sales and improving day to day tasks. my co-works are so nice and friendly. the hardest part of my job is finding things to do instead of doing stuff all the time
Great Place
FRONT-END ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), EvansvilleMay 10, 2015
I loved my boss and I even got promoted with in my first 90 days there. I got adequate training and I was provided with the things to get the job done.
fast paced and not enough help
deli clerk (Former Employee), Cornelius, NCMay 5, 2015
understaffed deli at the time which would really hurt us and could cause some stress over all it was and nice place to work
fun work place
Baker (Current Employee), Rockville, MDMay 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healtcare
very productive place to work
people working very hard.
good food, good people assisting costumer.
I'm a baker at the fresh market i bake a lot pastry, cakes
and many more different kind stuff.
Awesome
Dairy Specialist (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMay 3, 2015
Pros: Good atmosphere to work
Cons: Not enough follow through in the discipline of attendance and job performance.
The company has a premise that is all-in-all with good heart. The company is based on the good health aspect of life. The chance for advancement is possible. And the atmosphere warrants a lasting career.
I enjoyed being a cashier at this job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLMay 2, 2015
Pros: Flexible and fun work environment.
Cons: I did not get enough cross training
I worked at Fresh Market for about 7 months. I had a lot of people there that I enjoyed working with. The managers there were very nice and I loved the experience.
Not a Great Place to work yet
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Carmel, INApril 30, 2015
The company is making some changes and not for the better. The co workers are nice but dont meet managements expectations. So then they get discouraged and quit. Then the management takes advantage of the others.
perfect
END MANAGER (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 30, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Competitive Salary
Fun Environment
Great Store Manager Bonus Program
Tremendous Growth Opportunities!
Great Benefits*
*Health, Vision, Dental, Disability, 401K, Paid Vacation, and great Employee Discount! (*most benefits offered to full time Associates only)
Five Below is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Awesome Workplace
Bagger, Cart Getter, Janitor (Former Employee), Spanish Fork, UTApril 29, 2015
Cons: three jobs in one (Baggier, Carts, Janitorial)
At Fresh Market the employees work very closely with each other. I learned skills in Customer Service, Teamwork, accountability, and stocking. The hardest thing about this job was leaving work.
Fun place to work with friendly people on a team.
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Pineville, NCApril 20, 2015
Pros: Discount 20%
Cons: Food service
Sliced meats and cheese and made salads and sandwiches of all kinds for patrons. Loaded rotisserie oven. Cleaned and priced items.

About The Fresh Market

When it comes to food, it's good to get fresh. The Fresh Market operates about 100 full-service upscale specialty grocery stores – Read more

The Fresh Market Salaries