The Fresh Market Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Assistant Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMarch 18, 2017
A typical day at work would involve me verifying bank deposits, inputting the daily cash report in the computer, making lane assignments for my employees that work under me as cashiers, put out sale signs for the day and put out the individual tills for each cash register, then its time to open the supermarket to the public.
it is a enjoyable feeling to meet the customers, socialize with them and learn about the different cultures
Pros
employee discount of 20%
Cons
some items are pricey
April 21, 2017

We're very thankful for your review and feedback. We are happy that you share in our enthusiasm for our employee discount.

Your passion for our products creates a better customer experience. Keep up the good work!

Productive and fun work enviorment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 17, 2017
Consistently provided professional, friendly and engaging service.
Routinely answering telephones and completing financial transactions for other staff.
Set dining tables according to type of event and service standards.
Routinely cleaned work areas, glassware and silverware throughout each shift.
April 21, 2017

It’s always great to hear that our people are enjoying their work place. Thank you for your review!

Building a positive work environment starts with great people like you! Keep up the great work!

Challenging
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 17, 2017
The fresh market is not your ordinary grocery store for sure. the products and meats are top notch however working there has its challenges and opportunities.
Cold place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2017
fresh express is a fast growing company that handle produce
All through it was freezing it was a good company overall. Fast pace, hard working people
customer care is what i love about this company
Deli Clerk (Acting Assistant Manager) (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 14, 2017
over all I made it my home!....I handle people with love and respect!...the only thing that this company needs more then anything is more help ...most of the time the people that they hire is not good enough to handle such a stressful job as this!
Pros
coworkers was cool
Cons
not enough help in the department
Loved my job and was given great opportunities to learn and grow
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was mentoring, training and promoting well deserving and talented employees. I also enjoyed traveling to implement new programs and setting up new store locations.

I was given great opportunities to gain new skills and reach new levels within the company.
Pros
Great opportunities for advancement
Cons
Change in direction of the company
April 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide this great feedback. Promoting the advancement of our team is one of our top priorities.

We want you to be the first to hear about open positions in management and corporate because we strongly prefer to promote from within.

Great place to jump start your culinary career
Assistant Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2017
The Fresh Market is the perfect place to start your career fresh out of culinary school. They offer great training opportunities and the atmosphere is great. The pay could be a bit more competitive, but what it lacks in compensation, it makes up for it through the knowledge you gain along the way.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Pay isn't competetive

Fun work environment
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 13, 2017
It may not be the best job in the world, but it was a very fun overall environment. It is easy to become friends with coworkers.Employees have great customer service, they make that a priority.
the store management was fine. It was the corperate management that was the real problem
Bulk Foods Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 13, 2017
See Review Summary.
Fun to work at, but the way Corp. Management demanded the way they wanted things done, it ended up being a disappointing experience.
Courtesy Clerk, Grocery Department
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kildeer, ILMarch 13, 2017
Stocked Shelves
Helped solve problems for customers in the bakery and produce departments
Communicated with customers and helped carry groceries to their car
helped sample different showcased products for our company
Pros
Great environment, great coworkers
Cons
Long hours, repetitive
Good place to learn a variety of skills
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LAMarch 10, 2017
I worked at a few locations, and the culture varies pretty widely from store to store, depending on the staff and store management. One thing I've found to be consistent is that you have to be a self starter in order to succeed there. The company allots no time for the training of hourly employees. If you are hard working, curious, and motivated, you can move to management relatively quickly. This is a retail store, so unless you are a department head you will have little control over your schedule.

The company tends to roll out new programs with little preparation or foresight, and then moves onto a new project without properly dismantling the old program. It can often be frustrating to those working at the actual stores, from hourly employees right up through store management. But if you have a good attitude and are patient, you can gain some valuable experience at The Fresh Market.
Pros
Good benefits, opportunities for advancement, pleasant environment
Cons
Rough schedule, Poor corporate management
It's okay
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 9, 2017
Been at the job 3 years just tired of it want a a change really don't make a lot of money I am a hard worker always on time stay late and get the job done always go above and beyond and so much goes unnoticed
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad mangers not a good company
April 21, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Engaging in conversations like these allow us to identify gaps and helps us improve every day.

Supportive work place with a lot of great leaders
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VA 23113March 8, 2017
I've learned excellent customer service skills. I have learned how to clean to employer standards. Fresh Market has always been very supportive and understanding of all employee needs.
April 21, 2017

Alot of room for improvent
Bakery manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 4, 2017
Management only cares about numbers and what they think is important. In one breath they preach project transformation through and through and in the other they say they want you to do it "their way". Disorganization and cheating their system to get the numbers were they want them seem to be the name of the game. They don't care at all about individuals at all. It was a mistake work I for this corporation. Glad to be gone.
Pros
20% employee discount
Cons
Limited training vs high expectation
April 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While we are a customer-focused company, we never want to put business ahead of our employees’ job satisfaction. We want all of our teams to be open and cooperative with each other.

If you feel comfortable discussing this particular situation further, we invite you to email us at GLResponse@thefreshmarket.com

no good place
Assistant Manager of Deli (Former Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PAMarch 3, 2017
really enjoy my job working with the public it was great love my customer every day making them smile made my day working with my co workers was great also always had good time at work we work great together sorry that am not there anymore but that life have to move on .thank you for your time
Pros
enjoy working with my coworkers /enjoy customer service miss it
Cons
management is no good in the store does not work with his employers
April 21, 2017

We appreciate and value your feedback.

Negative Enviroment
No dress code
Horrible work schedule
Old Equipment
Poor Mgt
Pros
Decent benefits & Food Discount
Cons
Horrible work environment & very low pay
April 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your point of view. Your comments are important to us and help us improve our employee experience.

At The Fresh Market, we strive to offer competitive wages with reasonable working hours and we continue to evaluate our pay scales within each of our markets.

If you would like to further discuss this, we invite you to email us at GLResponse@thefreshmarket.com

Very Professional Enviroment
Front End Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAMarch 2, 2017
A typical day at work consist of dealing with customers providing customer service and ringing up items. I've learned many aspects of being a true leader to my teams as a whole. The managers here are very supportive. The culture is very diverse at the fresh market. The hardest part of the job is correcting tedious errors. The most enjoyable part is providing excellent customer service.

to much for to little raises are 21 cent in 2 years
Seafood Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 2, 2017
fresh market gives no sick time medical benefits deducttible reall high so alot of money out of pocket no bonus no holiday pay management promises you a set schedule that only lasts a month would not recomend
April 21, 2017

Thank you for your review. It is feedback like yours that helps us improve our employee experience.

Currently, our full benefits package is available for employees working 30 or more hours per week. However, we want all of our employees to feel appreciated and will continue to evaluate our offerings.

Great place, fun people, team players!
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 2, 2017
Clock in, happy day, management great! Greeting and seeing the same happy customers everyday Everything was clean and there was a routine on cleaning the deli case. Everything product was freshly made daily in the deli.

Great place
Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMarch 1, 2017
great everything, employees, customers , management, customer service has to be really good , deal with food, or cashier
April 21, 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Fresh Market. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9