The GDR Group, a stable, dynamic and innovative IT Solutions Provider based in Irvine, CA servicing regionally and nationally - based clients. We provide managed services and business-to-business solutions for today's technologically dependent businesses.
We are currently seeking...
A Senior IT Data Analyst that will design, build and maintain data collection, analysis, and reporting procedures to support IT data improvement solutions though advanced analytics.
Duties include importing, cleaning, transforming, validating and modeling data sets, analyzing business needs and translating them into quantitative data representations used in IT and Financial processes.
The Senior IT Data Analyst will serve the Information Technology department under the Global Services organization working with large sets of IT data (processes, IT and Lab equipment inventory, procurement data, etc.).
- Manipulate and query large data files in various formats (comma-delimited, database, spreadsheets, fixed-length plus others).
- Develop and prepare IT reporting and presentations for senior management.
- Develop and improve data collection systems and other strategies that optimize efficiency and data quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Document, track and record data from multiple sources and analysis tools.
- Work with staff and SMEs to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets; identify meaningful operational and financial KPI and implement a repeatable and scalable process.
- Perform quality control on output data by verifying correct application of conversion instructions.
- Filter and "clean" data, review reports and performance indicators to locate and correct code or data source problems.
- Build custom self-service reports to be accessed via systems for end users.
- Build, verify, and provide analytic reports and dashboards for the business.
- Own and support operational reporting needs. This would include support for daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly dashboard and scorecard reporting as well as standard day-to-day reporting needs.
- Deliver key metrics, reports and dashboards with interpretation.
- Liaise with the Project Management Office team and business partners to prioritize business and information needs; provide guidance to stakeholders, refine data findings and interprets again to drive data-based insight.
- Strong working knowledge of MS SQL, Crystal Reports, Excel, Access and Word; ability to write and modify SQL queries.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Management, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years' experience in IT and Financial modeling or analysis.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to present to Executives and influence results from business partners.
- A self-directed team player; collaborative, seeks input, accepts and incorporate feedback from others, and is able to provide results with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to dig-in and understand data and to drive creative thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent Analytical and Critical thinking skills to solve problems.
- Ability to multi-task in a technical, fast-paced, detail-oriented environment with a high degree of accuracy.
- Professional manner with the ability to speak, write and understand English.
We offer a stable work environment, full time employment and a comprehensive benefits package that includes 2 weeks paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401k and a 125 Cafeteria Plan. To learn more about our company please visit us at http://gdrgroup.com/.
To apply please visit: http://gdrgroup.com/careers.php
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please complete application, resume and cover letter.
PLEASE NOTE: For the optimal user experience, we recommend updating to the latest version of your Internet Explorer browser. Up-to-date browsers are faster, provide enhanced security and allow for features with increased design and functionality.