The GEO Group, Inc.

The GEO Group, Inc. Employer Reviews

Would not recommend anyone to apply here!
Resident Monitor (Current Employee), EsterOctober 7, 2014
For The Resident Monitor job summaries ...- A Salary is too LOW!!!!!
Geo group
Specialist, Colorado & Cook County, IL Dept (Current Employee), Aurora ILOctober 7, 2014
I have to deal with high confidential information. I handle the state of Colorado and cook county along with Texas parolees. Information is some what restricted to elaborate on.
be ready
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Lawton, OKOctober 2, 2014
Pros: it keeps you busy and sharp.
Cons: overwhelming challenges but can be overcome.
It's not for everyone to be a correctional officer. There are many challenges and must face your own weakness. You will grow to be more aware of what people are everyday because you see what failure is everyday the Inmates or Offenders. If you are up for a challenge, this is for you to try. When you get to know your job and all aspect of it, it becomes – more... routine but with danger to yourself is always there because of the type of work you do. You have your fellow staff members that can assist you when trouble arises from inmates. Problem solving skill will develop and time management.
There are many good people here that are really good at their work and it amazes me to this day. Stress is high here and that is no lie. You will learn to control stress as best as you can. Like any jobs there are ups and downs but there are positive incentives also. – less
POLITICS
Café Supervisor (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLOctober 1, 2014
This was a very good company to work for, but there is a lot of politics and under handed things that goes on.
Great for anyone who's studying criminal justice.
Security Monitor (Former Employee), Oakland, CASeptember 29, 2014
Its a great job for anyone that's studying criminal justice. I have learned a lot from this job when it comes to handling tough situations on the streets.
Great job
Case Manager (Former Employee), Hudson, COSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: great insurance
Cons: contract based
Was a great job which I advanced in, but they can't seem to get a new contract
Would not recommend anyone to apply here!
Transprt officer (Former Employee), folkston georgiaSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: gained knowledge in corrections.
Cons: no room for advancement, no raise, no bonus as promised.
Worked here for 4 yrs.During those 4 yrs. worked off and on in a supervisors capacity.A few of the employees were good people.The supervisors were horrible.Its just a big peeing contest at this facility.People smile in your face and stab you in the back.At the end of the day, its not what you know but who you know.
GOOD WORKPLACE WHEN YOU PARTICIPATE AS ATEAM LEADER
Sergeant (Former Employee), South Bay, FLSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: promotion is available
Cons: too many cliches among captains, lieutenants, colonel and asst. wardens.
JOB IS GOOD, THE PROBLEM IS NOT WITH INMATE POPULATION BUT WITH EMPLOYEES.
A good company to work for in the corrections field
Case Manager (Former Employee), Nome, AlaskaSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: sometimes short on help
A meaningful career helping people get on their feet and re-entering the community. There were enjoyable people to work with. They train entry level workers.
Unproductive and no job advancement.
Special Needs Case Manager I (Full time 40Hr) (Former Employee), TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: pay was not competitive with the market.
This place was a revolving door from the day I started to the day I left. Management did not encourage a health productive work environment. There was no room for job advancement and the pay was not competitive.
Professional environment with opportunities for training
Food Service Manager (Current Employee), Florence, ArizonaSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: competitive pto and benefits, 401k match, training opportunities
Cons: little room for advancement
A normal day involves communication with many levels of management from the facility administrator to the corporate office while maintaining an accurate inventory and supervising 6 staff and over 120 correctional staff. I've learned how to execute a process audit and effectively manage direct reports. The best part about the company is their efforts – more... to send staff to various training opportunities. – less
Terrible place to work
Life skills worker (Current Employee), South MointainSeptember 8, 2014
Cons: everything about the job! a long with the supervisors and managers
Overall pay is extremely low! Supervisors well let's just say that tittle should be baby sitter they treat employees like children because they really aren't management material. That is the only type of people they can attract for the role cause anyone with supervisory skills would not work there cause they pay so poorly. You only get a ten minute – more... break on an 8 hour day and or night. Staff likes to get into physical intervention with the kids, which just enforces the behavior that landed them there. The buildings are dirty and disgusting inside! I wouldn't have my dog stay in those buildings. – less
Security, Prison
Non Security (Former Employee), Hobbs New MexicoAugust 26, 2014
Overall it is not a BAD place to work. But in some depts there is a lack of training.
Ok if you just really need a job
Corrections officer (Former Employee), Milledgeville GaAugust 22, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: extremely poor management
Would be an ok place to work, but management is terrible. The only thing they are good at is covering up their mistakes.
GEO Great Place to work
Director of Staff Training and Development (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 18, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: can't really think of any
Highly ethical company. Very good pay and benefits. Work life balance is outstanding.
Positive and Productive care for those reentering society
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 17, 2014
Pros: rewarding, positive place to work.
Cons: can't think of any at the moment.
GEO Reentry Services is a positive step in the right direction for people that will be re-entering society. The knowledgeable and dedicated employees that supply these services are caring and proactive in helping these individuals solve some major changes in their lives. They help with everything, from coaching for interviews, resumes, clothing, job – more... searches, saving money and planning budgets, apartment hunting, appropriate counseling, the list goes on. They are never tiring of making a positive influence on these residents of our facility that are returning to society.
I have learned more of the HR functions, outside of just the WC arena, and I have found it very rewarding to be able to help ALL the employees rather than just the injured ~ they are included in this job as well. So I get to help them all now. I have learned a great deal about myself and just how dedicated that I am in making sure all the employees are happy and healthy. I have found my calling, I believe, as it brings me great joy in just helping at least one employee get ahead in a day. That is the most enjoyable. The hardest part is when I find that I am not able to assist an employee with their request and have to deliver the bad news. A typical day is fast paced and multiple tasks, makes the days fly by.
It is a great and rewarding place to work and the employees all treat each other like family. – less
Global company w/ plenty of room for advancement
Lieutenant (Current Employee), Big Spring, TXAugust 17, 2014
Pros: ot available, like to promote from within, quality training
Cons: vary based on personal situation, but company does try to accommodate.
After reading other reviews, it seems as though the reviewers weren't willing to take initiative to get the most out of their job. In my experience, the GEO Group has been a flexible and rewarding company to work for. No company with plans for growth is going to give away money and opportunities like candy at a parade. If you show up for work every – more... day on time, care, and try, then your efforts and loyalty will not go unrecognized by the GEO Group. They offer rewards for safety, and also frequently reward employees for being positive and productive members of the team. If you possess a solid work ethic, good people skills, integrity, and some common sense, then a career with the GEO Group will only be limited by your own ambition. Please read between the lines when reading many of the other reviews and ask yourself if that person sounds like someone you would want to work with. It is safe to say that the majority of them are not, and had bad experiences because they had bad attitudes from the start. Those people will write a negative review for any employer who gives rewards for hard work and dedication instead of handouts for nothing. The GEO Group is a great company to work for. Don't be deterred by those who expect rewards for mediocrity. – less
overtime
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Lawton, OKAugust 8, 2014
we had our briefing what happened on the previous shift
i learned how to manage inmates
my co-workers are good to work with
getting them to lockdown for the night
you can have as much overtime that you want
First Corrections Job
Correction Officer (Former Employee), Pearsall, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great pay
Great work environment.
Easy work flow.
Hardest part of the job was getting pepper sprayed in the face during training.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the 5 man team for take downs.
Nursing in a Correctional Setting
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, VAJuly 27, 2014
-Performs all tasks with a patient-centered focus while seeking opportunities for improvement of processes and treatments.

-Accurately documents all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medications, discharge instructions and follow-up care.

-Develops patient care plans, including assessments, evaluations and nursing diagnoses.

-Pharmacological – more... and non-pharmacological management and treatment of various disorders and diseases according to protocol.

-Sound, ethical and independent decision-making ability consistent with medical protocols.

-Works with security to help maintain the safety of staff, offenders, and the facility.

-Disciplined, responsible, and dependable employee who quickly establishes rapport with patients and colleagues. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About The GEO Group, Inc.

The GEO Group is the world's leading provider of correctional and detention management and community re-entry services to federal, – Read more