Located in the north side Chicago suburb of Glenview, The Glen Club is a world-class daily fee golf club with corporate members. The facility includes a Top-100 Tom Fazio designed golf course and a 50,000 square ft clubhouse that houses a golf shop, locker rooms, a full-service restaurant, spacious banquet facilities, overnight guest accommodations, and is the home of the Illinois Section of the PGA, Illinois Golf Hall of Fame, and a Member of Great Golf Resorts of the World.
Works with the Executive Chef in supervising food production for all food outlets, banquet events and other functions at the club. Serves as “second-in-command” of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef. Supervises food preparation personnel, assists with food production tasks as needed and assures that quality and cost standards are consistently attained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain proper food inventories, ordering and rotation to insure the quality and perishability.
- Works closely with Restaurant Manager to insure service and quality standards are being met.
- Works with the Executive Chef on, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and issuing for food production.
- Manages employment activities for kitchen staff members, including but not limited to:
- Planning the work, developing work schedules, and apportioning the work,
- Directing and monitoring work activities and evaluating performance,
- Ensuring sanitation and safety programs are closely followed.
- Establishes controls and monitors kitchen activities to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Assists the Executive Chef with menu planning and related production activities. Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, eye appeal and flavor of prepared foods.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Monitors the condition of equipment and makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen, its equipment and other areas of the club.
- Prepares schedules, conducts inventories and performs administrative duties.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- Culinary college degree preferred
- 4 years culinary experience, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry
- State certified and/or Serve Safe certified
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of staff management and food control
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations
KemperSports is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard