THE GO2IT GROUP Employee Reviews

Productive and exciting place to work
IT Field Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHFebruary 18, 2017
The Go2ITGroup provided contractual work that allowed me to choose the times available to work while maintaining a work / Life balance. The only negative aspect of the company at the time was the commission pay and incentives were marketably lower than other companies of it's similarity.
Pros
Ease of training Material and job assignments
Cons
No offerings of health Benefits, and Low income incinitives
Deployment Services
Computer Technician - On Call EIN Contractor (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHJanuary 9, 2017
Mostly positive with 100% Completion; assignments varies and on specific timelines. Work would be during evening and late night hours, co-workers were diverse and team-driven; hardest work involved disconnecting cables with huge piles of dirt, best time was finishing the shipping process within the required time frame.
Pros
Clear Instructions
Cons
Late hours
Excellent Place to Work!
Technical Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHOctober 12, 2016
Fast paced and fun work environment. Project management skills are a must in order to do well in this position. Attention to detail and sense of urgency matters. Co-workers are wonderful and supportive, it truly is a team environment. The hardest part is dealing with frustrations that happen frequently, however, overcoming these challenges makes for a very rewarding experience. The most enjoyable part is the satisfaction of a job well done and to know that your efforts truly make a difference, not only for yourself but also for the company as a whole. Working here has been a very fulfilling experience!
Pros
Benefits, PTO, Team environment, Fun activities throughout the year
Cons
Stress (but that comes with any job)
Its ok
IT Contractor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 23, 2016
Nothing specials its a job you will drive a lot for the pay is nothing great but I tell you that is coming from more of the transfer to better software and cheaper hardware
Shameful
Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 11, 2016
The pay is insanely low, almost illegal. You have to jump through hoops to get a 4 hour job, and then if the "client" has any problem whatsoever you're blackballed without any sort of arbitration process. The CEO's son runs the company and he's a piece of work, has the personality of a warthog and does absolutely nothing all day.
Pros
Good location
Cons
low pay, immature leadership
Exceptional Contacting Company
IT Consultant, Per Incident/Contract (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMarch 12, 2016
They will protect you from wild accusations, unexpected work demands, and whims; yet they pay you in reasonable time for the contracts you agree to.
Cons
There are no cons any reasonable person could mention.
Good group to work for
technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 4, 2015
Go2IT group is a very good group to work for they can find you contracts around your schedule and if something comes up that you wont be able to make a contract they can find a different tech without it impacting your chances for a later contract
Pros
working around schedule pays better than remote tech positions
One of the Nicest Companies I have ever met
Lead I.T. Server Technician and Travel Technician (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHSeptember 11, 2013
The GO2IT Group is one of the best companies I have ever come across. They are a Small Contracting company that sub-contracts out I.T. Projects all over the United States. I have been with them for 3yrs, and I have already advanced to a Lead position on any and all projects that come my way.
Pros
Understanding workers, good pay for a "Starting" I.T. Career.
Cons
Traveling a fair distance for jobs, "Ebbs and Flows" in Projects
Great place for entry level canidates to obtain hands on experience
PC Technician (Contractor Charlotte, NC Area) (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHMay 23, 2012
Go2it allows an entry-level person to learn grow and advance under excellent leadership and support it’s a great way to get a taste of real world experience with a support structure in place.

The only cone is that its contract work and your work loads varys from week to week.
Pros
good compensation and hands on experience.
Cons
contract work load vary from week to week.
Its a great job, as Lead Tech, until they decide to get rid of you.
Contractor / IBM & Dell Technician (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 21, 2014
I enjoyed this job, This was my ultimate dream job, setting up and working with computers, I could work this around my other jobs, they called me and I only had to do contracts that I wanted to, if I was available. They reimbursed pretty good for travel on some jobs, bonuses upon completion on some jobs, etc. You start out as a backup technician, but can advance to a lead technician. Backup technicians don't get paid as much, bonuses or travel, so they are usually only local contracts.
I worked here for almost 5 years, did about 100 contracts and was let go for something stupid and was wrongfully terminated.
Pros
Bonuses, Paid Travel, Decent Rate of Pay
Cons
Management not fair, may get rid of you without notice
Use Technical skill
Sony Authorized Provide, IBM Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 20, 2012
On a project site, set up work station, servers and take down the old system. Work with team members, and corporate customers on site. Exceed their expectations and complete assignment ahead of schedule. Configure work stations, servers, printers and Network devices to full functionality. Prepare the old items for shipping.
I learned excellent customer service, developed and horned my listening skill and the ability to follow-up. Check in and test the system after couple of days gives the customer satisfaction. It also, afford them opportunity for provide a review and feedback that helped our company in providing excellent services to the customer.
Pros
excellent technical experience, hands-on
Cons
assignment end too quickly
Great company, but sporatic work
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNSeptember 25, 2013
Everything about this company is great, but since it is an on call job work is sometimes scarce and there are sometimes months one can go without getting a call for work. There are also times where one may get a call on a very short notice such as maybe two or three days before the job is set to start not giving enough time to if one has another job that may not be comparable to what this job pays to get someone else to fill in so that one can be apart of the job at hand. Other than though the pay is great and the people are all great to work with too. There is a lot to learn about how each firm operates in relation to what is expected and also lead to great exposure for possible future opportunities with these firms.
Pros
Great pay, Great people to work with and for, Good job security
Cons
Very sporatic job opportunities, very short notice when work is available
Good company, sporadic assignments
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  ToledoJune 30, 2015
I enjoy working for the company at first when the assignments were bountiful, but since I don't live in DC, Illinois, and other cities, where jobs are available, there are none for me to choose from.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
assignments are sporadic
fun on the go work
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHSeptember 24, 2015
fun job meet new people.learn new things every time travel all over Atlanta. so much new work with computers and other hardware.
Pros
learn a lot with good people
Cons
travel to much
Alright
IT Technician Consultant (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 16, 2015
Simple work, friendly people to work for. I wished that our handlers would provide us with more time before a job is about to begin, instead of the night before. That way I would feel better prepared for the task.
Unique and changing work environment
IBM SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHMarch 12, 2014
On a typical day working for Go2IT Group I traveled to a business within 60 miles of my location and (usually independently) performed rollouts and upgrades for many types of business including pizza restaurants, retail stores, and video rental shops. The work was usually a little challenging and fun. Frequent tasks included setting up and configuring POS systems, installing\configuring\troubleshooting cat-5 network equipment, taking inventory, and learning installation procedures specific to each company. I collaborated with other Go2IT employees on a few occasions and found them pleasant, experienced, and professional. The only reason I wouldn't recommend working there is trouble receiving paychecks in a timely fashion. If they worked out that issue, it would have been a better job and I would give them a 5 star rating.
Pros
Independent Work Environment, Local Travel, Good Support
Cons
Trouble Receiving Checks
Lack of steady work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 8, 2014
This company is just sporadic work, the contracts are one in a full moon and do not pay mileage. The project manager for IBM is very inconsiderate and go thru technicians like water. Do not recommend at all.
Pros
Cons
Lack of work/tratment of Tech's
I like working with go2 because the worki is alwaysto me easy. the pay is good and you know what you are going to do before you get to the site.
Deployment tech (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHOctober 15, 2012
overall =great
benefits= good
value=good
job security=good
mngr=good
work=great
Pros
good company
Cons
no complain
Great Experience
Tech Assist (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAApril 14, 2014
Working for GO2IT was interesting job as it required almost twice the amount of time that was necessarily quoted. However the experience i earned was amazing and had a blast working with my fellow tech assist.
An Interesting Company to work for
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 8, 2012
I enjoy working here because the staff is always friendly and eager to help. Their jobs are just as described no surprises as with other places. The pay is good for the work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE GO2IT GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.