The Goddard School Employee Reviews

The Goddard School Lee's Summit Missouri
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MONovember 16, 2017
The current director does not care about any real life problems and will through whoever she has to under the bus. She gossips about the personal issues you share with her. I was put on probation without being told I was on probation and then never talked to about why exactly I was on probation or how I could improve. They fired me over email without talking to me first. We were promised we would get paid over the holidays, but a week or so before Thanksgiving multiple people were told they would no longer getting that pay. The on site owner let the director get away with all of this, without paying close attention. I was also told multiple times not to tell a parent something had happened to the child. The staff was nice overall, the director and owner not so much.
Cons
no benefits, no holiday pay, unprofessional director.
Support
PRE K TEACHER (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 16, 2017
I love the children and families at the Goddard School. The core staff are very knowledgable and supportive of their team. They are a community and strongly believe in the learning through play philosophy. It is showcased in their children's everyday activities as well as their lesson plans.
Great Co-workers, fun environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  South Lebanon, OHNovember 14, 2017
I absolutely loved my job at The Goddard School. I first taught the school age children in the afternoon and shortly moved full-time into the infant room. I met some great people while working there and made a life-long friend! The families that bring their children there are sweet for the most part and I was even able to find some side babysitting jobs through some of them. Only con I can really think of is that you hardly ever get a raise if at all. And you have to keep asking and reminding in order for the raise to finally appear on your checks. Management was awesome and they treated you like family!
Cons
low pay, no raises
Fun workplace
Lead Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSNovember 14, 2017
I loved the co-workers and the families there! You also got decent pay, but no benefits. I would recommend this job to someone starting out in the early childhood field.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 13, 2017
Working at Goddard was a great experience. The kids are great. The parents are great and the staff members are great. What I enjoyed more at Goddard was the kids. Being greeted by kids that look up and admire you is one of the best feeling.
Pros
Kids, Staff members
Cons
Healthcare
Working with children was very rewarding.
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJNovember 13, 2017
Although it was hard work and at times stressful working at the Goddard School was a great learning experience. It taught me how to take into consideration not only my own needs but the needs of others. I learned how to care for others and interact with children as well as their parents. Working there made me appreciate how caring for others young and old is the most rewarding experience you could have,
Pros
giving back to the community
Cons
Salary was not ideal
Privatly owned, owner always on site
Infant Teacher, Pre-K Teacher, French Teacher (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXNovember 10, 2017
The owner would always walk around and observe. He has no training for Child Development and would "offer advice". The parents were always right, even when it was obvious they were wrong.
ex: put cereal in a babies' bottle.

It was strictly for profit, big profit. Often we would have to work on Saturday.

Management staff would not come and help out when needed.
ex: you need a potty break, they will not step in to relieve you, they will wait for another teacher to be able to relieve you, leaving another classroom out of ratio.
Mangement staff was very unprofessional.
Pros
close to home
Cons
always for profit
Fun staff and work environment
Kindergarten Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, CTNovember 9, 2017
My location has many creative and loving teachers to work with who really care about each child, even when the work day ends. At my time there I've learned how to run my own classroom while also balancing being part of a team
Very organized and professional
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GANovember 9, 2017
This job was very eye opening into child care and the major responsibilities of day care workers when it comes to the relationships with the kids as well as the parents. Very professional and demanding, but loved working with kids. No room for advancement so I decided to leave.
Goddard (the greater heights)
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston Heights, TXNovember 8, 2017
Directors when hiring will talk about a lot of growth but all they do is push you and use the teachers. Owner does not know handle critism she gets offended. Althoughr parents are very loving and caring. It barely has a year open and they have already lost 20 employees.
Good program, dedicated teachers, but stressful environment.
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  CTNovember 7, 2017
Good school as far as curriculum, activities, etc. Children receive excellent care and, for the most part, teachers are very dedicated.
However, the workplace culture is stressful due to lack of communication between management/supervisors and teachers. Also, no time provided for lesson planning during working hours (although I was told during interview there would be) so ALL planning was done on own time. Too tight a schedule to accomplish all that was expected. Workload unrealistic and work unappreciated.
However, the worst part of all was the unprofessional-- and mean- behavior of some particular staff. There was intentional miscommunication in order to assure misunderstanding and have negative impact on other employee's performance; Gossip and criticism; "Setting up" an employee to make it look as if she were breaking rules or performing unprofessionally or somehow in the wrong; Silent treatment.
I stayed because I thought I could find a way to change the situation for the better. Repeated attempts to communicate with particular employees to try to rectify the situation were unsuccessful. Honestly, it was beyond unbelievable to see so-called professionals behave worse than high school mean girls.
Unless you like negativity and unfair treatment, don't bother applying.
The absolute best part of job was opportunity to teach--and play!- with the children.
Pros
Making a positive contribution to childrens' lives
Cons
No communication, negativity, gossip, favoritism, low pay
A relaxed postion
Floater/TA (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NC 28104November 5, 2017
Decent environment and i like the staff. They are really understanding for the most part when i need specific days off. I think it is an overall wonderful job, but for as much as the tuition is for families, the teachers should defiantly get paid more.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pay rate
Wouldn't want to work at any other center
Head Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTNovember 5, 2017
Wishing there were more educational advancement opportunities within the workplace but the staff, children and parents are nothing but the best work environment.
Poor Management
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 3, 2017
I was hospitalized and told to keep them updated on my health. I did and was still taken off the schedule indefinitely. I would not recommend this job.
I worked for Goddard many years ago. I loved my kids and the people I worked with. I made lifelong friends that I still keep in touch with.
Pre school assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Township of Howell, NJNovember 2, 2017
I worked for The Goddard School in howell back in 2000-2005. I really enjoyed my time there. I love being with the children and helping them learn, grow & have fun.
Pros
Friendly working staff, fun kid activities
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
worst working experience
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJOctober 31, 2017
the teachers do a lot for the school and arent paid enough. at times are left out of ratio which are put there for the safety of the kids and the teachers. hardest part of the job is watching all the kids at the same time. management is very insensitive to personal needs unless youre a favorite. dont hold onto employees very long.
Pros
cute kids, hour break
Cons
hard to please, stressful
Fun yet stressful place to work
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 30, 2017
Working around the children was great, however it was challenging to find time to lesson plan throughout the day without having to lesson plan outside of work hours. Management is sometimes unreliable. Finding a classroom management style that worked for the classroom was difficult and there was no help or guidance with it.
Everyday Work
Lead Infant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dacula, GAOctober 25, 2017
I don't really want to fill this out but it seeming likeI have to. Goddard is a decent place to work. Working environemnt could be better but the kids and families are great.
seeing the kids with a smile on their face
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 24, 2017
making sure everything is ready for the day when I open, it's wonderful knowing that the children(s) are learning Management can improve I enjoy being
Pros
Get an hour break
Cons
can take care of your business
Great company
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 24, 2017
Not a bad company to work for. Management could be a little better but overall it was a fun fast paced environment with lots of fun children to learn from and teach!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Goddard School. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9