The Goddard School Employee Reviews

Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 20, 2017
Great place to work, the people and the parents made the school very good and the children learned alot. The teachers was there to do all they could for children in their care
Job experience
Group Teacher (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 20, 2017
I enjoy the setup of Goddard schools. Low ratios, smaller classrooms, less toys and chaos and more focus on child development. Benefits aren't great and ALOT of rules.
Pros
not sure
Cons
rules, management
Fun and busy!
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Redbank Expressway Cincinnati, OhioJanuary 20, 2017
The Goddard School in Cincinnati was a great place to work. It was very structured and consistent. I loved my coworkers, management, children, and parents. Everyone was pretty happy!
Pros
Fun, positive, flexible
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Great working environment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNJanuary 18, 2017
The people that you work with are great! It is very family like. However, the work load is extremely heavy and the expectations of teachers are very high.
Then sick and vacation time is a bonus at this location.
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2017
The most enjoyale part of this job was seeing the students learn and progress. Management wasnt the best, but the staff made the most of it.
Pros
hr lunch breaks
Cons
no benefits
It's not worth the time
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Working with women has been a terrible experience for me. The directors dont care about you or the students. They see it as a business not a school and treat it like a daycare. The owners are very kind but EXTREMELY cheap and not willing to pay more than $10 even if you have degrees.
Pros
flexible if you are in school
Cons
you dont get paid enough
Great co-workers
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 16, 2017
Parents are always friendly and considerate. Requires a lot of work with very little compensation. However, very organized and detailed orientated.
Lead Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2017
I enjoyed working here. Management was very helpful and awesome. They made the center a great place to work. My co-workers were really great to work with we always helped each other out when needed.
Pros
Good pay and friendly staff and management
Cons
No Healthcare
Heallth Insurance
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Reading, MAJanuary 15, 2017
More accrued time off but at least there is health insurance. Large classrooms with 4 teachers. Staff mostly friendly. Safe environment. Need more time to get stuff done. Job can be challenging as well as kids. Job has long hours.
Pros
Large classrooms
Cons
Lack of support management
Fun working environment
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJanuary 13, 2017
It's a great place to gain experience working with children. Good starter Job for someone becoming a full time teacher.

Want to know more about The Goddard School?

Ask a question
Fun environment for children, but horrible management.
Lead Teacher Toddler Room (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJanuary 13, 2017
Employees are not properly trained by upper management, and are thrown into their positions without any help. It is a toxic work environment and the directors talk down to you. The kids are the only good thing about this place. You don't have time to complete your lesson planning and often have to work through your breaks to do so. Leads have a lot of work on their plates with poor compensation.
Pros
Positive relationships with children and families
Cons
Terrible management and work environment
fun
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHJanuary 12, 2017
Fun. good people. built good relationships. The kids are enjoyable. management can be demanding. Sometimes required to work longer than scheduled, often with no warning.
Difficult job but well worth it
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 12, 2017
If you love working with children in a fast-paced, high-level working environment, this place is for you. I loved working at The Goddard School. Their philosophies about the care and education of children are exactly what I believe is best for children, including my own. What some people may see as a downside, however, is that The Goddard School requires excellence. They are constantly voted and considered to be one of the top daycare/pre-K facilities and we like to keep it that way. They have very high standards for our teachers and staff. Every day is busy from open to close. They work very closely with all of our children, ensuring their safety, happiness, and education is at the top of all priorities. They are also very strict about the cleanliness of the school, prioritizing proper cleaning and sanitizing regimens that must be implemented all day, every day. I loved working for this company, especially the specific center I worked at.
Great School
Lead Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  COJanuary 11, 2017
High expectations for students and staff. Lots of work to be completed to meet expectations which resulting in working outside of compensated hours. Class sizes are normal (1-10). However, when there are stronger needs of some students, there is lack of staff support in day to day operations. Sometimes it is hard to prioritize what is most important regarding branding and not educationally essential duties (i.e. bake sales, performances). Students are the most enjoyable part of being a preschool teacher in general. The staff and management are great and truly, the Goddard School runs quite well!
Pros
great staff, great company
Cons
extreme work load expectations with limited compensation
The children made it a fun place to work
(Floater) Changing (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHJanuary 11, 2017
Seeing the children learn different coping skills. because they are like sponges, they absorb everything. They would learn how to share the different toys with their friends. Everything was new to them. Children are the future and we have to teach them how to survive in the world. Also, their parents put their precious gifts in our hands.
Pros
seeing the childrens face light up daily
Cons
no medical insurance
Bad management
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Leander, TXJanuary 10, 2017
I overall love the littles and my job, but the management is just too hard to work with. They are constantly changing the classes up and moving children around. Management is never on your side with a conflict with a parent. They pretty much throw you under the bus. I love the children and the teacher I work with but sometimes management is too hard to deal with.
Pros
Clean and safe with lots of technology.
Cons
Healthcare and management.
have a passion for kids
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 10, 2017
Love working at The Goddard School co workers are nice. plenty of classrooms and be a flex teacher which is great if your studying education. LOVE love love working here
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 9, 2017
The teachers are great with the kids! I loved working there, the kids made everyday working there worth it. Coworkers was great, they work together really well.
Loving calm environment to learn in for families
Lead Teacher for Pre-twos and younger (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 5, 2017
Working in a family style environment where all members support each other is so strong in this school. The day starts strong with fun activities and watching each student grow opens another door of knowledge. I learned that the wiliness to teach was strong in me and I also give 110 %. The love I receive from my students to the caring parents will always be in my heart. The hardest part of the job will be moving on, but I know this is ok to better my future.
Pros
Postive environment
Cons
Alot of duties and short hours to do it in.
Bath & Body Works
Co-Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 2, 2017
For having this as a first job was a bit challenging, but I learned a lot and was very grateful for the work experience that it had given me, while also being in my first year of college.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Goddard School. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9