The Golden 1 Credit Union

The Golden 1 Credit Union Employer Reviews

Great benefits
Branch Lead/ Sales and Service (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJune 17, 2014
Worked here since 2005 as the years have gone by it's turned into a commercial bank. When I started one of the companies core values was to be "a preferred employer" that's no longer the case. I will say their benefits are good. Part time employees can receive benefits.
Place used to be a great place
Personal Banker, Chase Bank (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 15, 2014
It used to be great working here but now it has turned tables. The pressure is on and it is sales based as opposed to member employee based as it used to be.
Good people, focused work environment
Database Administrator/ Marketing Research Analyst (Current Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 18, 2013
The people make the difference. The various employee events and functions help keep things varied and entertaining in what could otherwise be a very slow work environment. Marketing here requires imagination and creativity while staying true to company image and policy.
Good Company to gain banking experience
Senior Member Service Rep./Sales training Coach (Former Employee), Madera, CANovember 15, 2013
Good starting pay, good training, good benefits, great customers, overall good work experience I learned a lot from this company and as long as you stick to procedures you should have no trouble mastering your job description. I enjoyed the incentives for meeting and exceeding sales goals monthly and annually
Productive and rewarding environment
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 6, 2013
During a typical day at work I service roughly 200 customers with standard banking transactions (deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfers and cash advances). I also process wire transfers and IRA transactions, open new accounts and audit paperwork. Each day I must also balance my cash and my checks as well as the branch vault, all employee checks, cashier's checks, cash advances and visa gift cards.

I have worked with wonderful people and developed many strong friendships throughout my eight year career at Golden 1. I have also been blessed with positive and supportive managers.

I would say the hardest part of my job is when a customer is dealing with troubling financial situations that I am not able to help them with (people who have government levies on their accounts or have lost their jobs). The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help a customer with a financial problem (account fraud, check theft, card theft, etc.). Many of these customers are worried and frantic when they enter the bank and I truly enjoy being able to calm them down and talk them through the process of fixing their situation. I also enjoy training new employees.
Great pay, but not worth it!
Member Service Rep. I (Current Employee), Hanford, CaSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: hours/pay
Cons: management
Great work hours, as a part timer only works 20 hours a week-however if they are short staffed (which they ALWAYS are!) expect to work a lot! Benefits and pay are nice, however not worth the stress of the job put upon you by management. If you are not liked by management they will treat you accordingly, giving you little to no feeling of job security. The Hanford branch is small and the building has a terrible odor due to it's age. I really would have liked to work at a different branch to see what the atmosphere was like, as the company Golden One is great to work for, just not at that particular branch.
Outdated system! Terrible management! Bad training!
Bilingual member service representative (Former Employee), Salinas CaJuly 24, 2013
Pros: great hours!
Cons: everything!! outdated system, terrible culture!
I worked for wells Fargo before coming here. It seems great because of the great hours and good compensation. But the work load I had on my plate was way too much for the money I was making! Especially considering the fact that the system they have is literally from the 80's! My co-workers and managers were so lazy and spiteful I couldn't believe it! I think it's something in the culture of the company that inspires an every man for themselves kind of mindset! It seemed like my co-workers had hr on speed dial! Do your self a favor and stay away... From this branch in particular! I went back to Wells Fargo, much happier!
Exciting and educational
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 19, 2013
Being part of an in-house marketing and advertising agency was an exciting and educational experience which afforded me several opportunities to be involved in all phases of several varying campaigns, both direct and indirect.
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Senior Account Services Rep (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 16, 2012
Everyday is unpredictable. I learned how to multi-task and get along with different personalities. The hardest part about the job was dealing with different personalities in a small office. The best part of the job is when you did a job well done and the members are happy you were able to solve their problem.