The Golf Warehouse

The Golf Warehouse Employee Reviews

Great learning experience.
Manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 26, 2014
Please see my resume for a complete overall review of working there.
Harsh working conditions, little pay and unsecure hours.
Shipping Dept (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 3, 2014
Cons: everything
Shipping Dept consisted of picking, packing and shipping golf supplies. The warehouse was not conditioned for weather (freezing in winter and temps of up to 100 degrees or more in peak summer hours) The temps provided through the staffing agency were unreliable and depending of if they arrived to work each day and amount of orders placed by customers, determined the hours worked in a day. Typical (non golf season) average hours was 6 per day. Peak season and Christmas orders were almost 12 hours days, mandatory. Not family friendly! Point system in place and clocking in 1 minute late for your scheduled shift constituted in 1/2 point, making the add up very quickly. Dr. notes or court appointments were also not counted as excused absences. Pay was minimum wage through temp service, but Gold Warehouse paid them $10, a large difference. The only time upper management came into our area was to fire someone, or tour potential clients/buyers. Company lunches were provided only to depts. who met monthly sales goals and nothing to do with actual work performance. If the food ran out, you clocked back in to work and got no lunch.
Coworkers fought and argued with management, making it hard to work productively as a team. Almost all promotion positions were made outside, hiring in new people off the street. When management was questioned, they either didn't answer you or said it was because their skill level was higher, only to find out later they had no previous experience.
The only part I enjoyed was the fast paced environment, making my days go by quickly!
Not the most fun, but a good job overall
Merchandising/Product Management (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 23, 2014
Pros: very nice co-workers
Cons: no communication
The co-workers is what makes this job fun. There isn't much communication done between departments and between management and workers that makes the job difficult at times.
fun
shipping clerk (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 18, 2014
its a fun company to work for but it gets really hot in the summer
PRODUCTIVE
slot Coordinator, stocker (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMay 28, 2014
Pros: learn something diffrent
Cons: heat, hot
The hardest part of the job is fixing somebody mistake. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to do something new.
Overall Outlook
Finance (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 4, 2014
Pros: decent discounts
Cons: pay, employees not valued or appreciated as they should be, turnover, very inconsistent reviews/pay dependent on experience untrue, serious lack of communication
In regard to comments of "turnover rate," there is an extremely high percentage rate of turnover in all departments. The position I held was expected to do more than others in my department and help oversee the dept when the supervisor was gone. Disappointingly, I was also paid less than what they were hiring others for in the department. I also had more experience than anyone else in the department. It wasn't until I gave my notice that I was leaving that they realized how valuable that experience truly was in the department and by then it was too late. Overtime was ridiculous and the warehouse sometimes had dependability issues. Upper management never made an effort to really get to know the employees and realize that they are what keeps it running next to the customers continuing to purchase. If you never make an investment in your employees and show gratitude for their hardwork and dedication, you can't possibly expect to retain quality, dependable and knowledgable employees who genuinely take pride in their work. The pay is not what it should be for their expectations and that truly is sad that the employees doing all of the research, runnng around, problem solving, etc. are the same ones making the least amount of money. This is true in all departments and is extremely disappointing especially since I genuinely enjoyed what I did until I was exhausted of being under appreciated and taken for granted. I have since found several very competitive offers for employment. I do know that being able to actually enjoy going to work and loving what you do for a living does still exist.
Good Workplace!
Supervisor (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 6, 2014
Everybody I worked with were great employees and a joy to be around, I loved the schedule and really really good benefits.
constant working and good job atmosphere.
Duties- stocker (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 22, 2013
I learned how to operate a forklift and actually got my forklifting certification while there. I worked third shift which proved not to be so bad.
Great Job
TRAINING MANAGER (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 20, 2013
Always room to grow and advance with this company also very low turn over rate.
I worked independently alot of the time. It can be a very busy environment.
Order Control Specialist Lead (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: i enjoyed my co-workers and manager. i could work at my own pace and enjoyed the work.
Cons: not alot of room for advancement. it was a smaller company.
It was a good company to work for. I worked in a small department with 4 others.
Good Warehouse Job
Stocking (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: climate controlled building
Cons: floors
The Golf Warehouse was a good place to work for , they did expect alot out of there workers but u could easiely meet the standards.
Poor management leading this company to a bitter end.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 9, 2012
When I first started with the Golf Warehouse, it had it's issues, but things were starting to get better. Over time though, more and more of the umbrella company that owns The Golf Warehouse started showing up trying to enforce methods that didn't work with the system already in place. I took a new job when I started to see the problems that were arising from lack of good management being in place. Since I left the company, things have only gotten worse. The organization we had worked so hard to achieve has been thrown into utter disarray by the incompetent RedCats Group management puppets that have been put in charge. The hours have been shifted and changed so often that things simply do not run smooth anymore. The shipping department, who used to get out at a halfway decent time on the normal days workload, is now staying many more hours than is necessary due to these poor practices put in place by again, poor management.

I would NEVER recommend anyone work for this company. They say it's THE place to work in Wichita? It used to be, but it is simply not that any longer.