The Goodman Group Employee Reviews

Staff and Management are approachable
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 19, 2017
I love the environment here. The residents are great people. It's always wonderfull to see their smile, and these people need someone who have a big heart to take care of them.
August 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Goodman Group. We greatly appreciate all your contributions and dedication to residents! Thank for providing your feedback.

productive and friendly colleagues
Business Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 29, 2017
this place provides a friendly ambiance to an energetic and productive working minds. the seniors are always helpful and kind towards the new and young bunch of enthusiastic working class.
Pros
friendly environment
July 31, 2017

We are so pleased to hear of your experience! Thank you for all you do, each day. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback!

disorganized management, abusive, and deceptive
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 26, 2017
corporate office is not a pro employee. they fire leaders who are supportive of their employees. forced OT, understaffed facilities, management who harass and loves to power trip and guilt trip.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
forced OT, forced on-call shifts, understaffed
July 31, 2017

We are very sorry to hear of your concerns. As a company, we are deeply committed to our team members' experiences. We wish we were able to resolve these concerns with you prior to this time. We wish you the best in your career.

excellant work place and very good team members.
Maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNMarch 18, 2017
The USN was the best place that I worked. The personnel were very dedicated, professional and educated. The work environment and training were excellent. The Goodman Group is comparable and would recommend working there. The Goodman Group personnel are very well trained and professional. The work environment is top notch. I was able to function independently in accomplishing the tasks assigned with very little supervision. I was valued for my professional input and feedback. The group functioned very well as a team.
Pros
Independant work environment/ team participation
Cons
Long commute
March 23, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Goodman Group. We greatly appreciate all your contributions and wish you the best in your new endeavor!

Highly recommended - a rare organization in long term care
Quality Management Director / Administrator (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Wonderful organization that truly strives to achieve the "Platinum Standard" of excellence. If you have the opportunity to work for this top notch organization, don't miss it!
January 30, 2017

We are pleased to receive your feedback. At The Goodman Group, we are committed to the wellbeing of their residents and employees. Thank you!

Horrible place to work.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTNovember 12, 2016
My experience was horrible. Nepotism runs rampant throughout management, the more incompetent the better. My coworkers were excellent and professional. Management was a joke. Demeaning to staff, anti nurse stance on every issue. Executive Director is a bully toward women. Unsafe staffing ratios. Unrealistic workloads. Poorly staffed.
Pros
Cons
low pay, anti nurse culture
December 12, 2016

We are very sorry to hear of your concerns. As a company, we are deeply committed to our team members' experiences. We wish we were able to resolve these concerns with you prior to this time. We wish you the best in your future pursuits.

Great place to work, people really care about you.
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 22, 2015
I have been in this career field for 15 years. The Goodman group has given me so many opportunities. They are the most professional and caring company I have worked for. They are willing to teach and allow me and my staff to grow. I'm very fortunate to work for such a wonderful company.
Pros
I have an amazing staff. The corporate office is so helpful and attentive to my community.
Cons
Honestly I have not experienced any.
The best company I've worked for.
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Largo, FloridaSeptember 22, 2015
I have been with The Goodman Group for eleven wonderful years. They have given me all the support necessary to successfully manage each of the communities that I have managed. The Regional Manager is available for any support that you need but gives you all the space you need to manage effectively. The Vice President of Property Management is equally available and supportive. They are an inspiration to us all. They have worked for The Goodman Group for many years and are a true reflection of the companies Platinum Service Standards and our Values. There are many employees that have worked with this company for five, ten or twenty years because they share these standards and values too. I believe that everyone who works for this company stays because they can feel the sincerity of the caring environment this company strives to build within the business but more importantly our communities. We love what we do!
Pros
Supportive, friendly, understanding and respectful environment. Great training and advancement opportunities available.
Hostile Work Enviroment
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  St.PaulAugust 28, 2015
The Corporate Office VP & Regional Staff and HR Dept. are horrible to work for, with. You are treated with such disrespect and they are allowed to harass, neglect and bash you to your face and behind your back all while the rest of the residential teams are ordered to follow "Platinum Service".
It is all very one-sided as far as the corporate office is concerned - they DO NOT practice what they preach.
The VP has allowed the regional team to have such lacked work standards its very unethical. And the moment you bring something to HR Dept. you are a target.
The pay scale is horrible as well as their hiring practices. They fire good employees and the bad employees are kept for years to poison other staff and community residents.
I DO NOT recommend applying with this company.
Pros
Meet wonderful people within the communities
Cons
See above- + all older buildings
September 17, 2015

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Our team members are very important to us. We will continue to do everything we can in following our Platinum Service philosophy. Thank for providing your feedback.

The Goodman Group is a great place to work and apply your knowledge in a caring, entrepreneurial environment.
National Director Public Relations (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNMarch 23, 2014
I really enjoy the scope and variety of my job, supporting both corporate and communities on public relations, community relations and communications projects. It is also a pleasure to work with a team of experienced, dedicated and caring professionals. I have the opportunity to apply my background in public relations, communications and hospitality, to develop programs, tools and processes to support and guide our communities in their efforts. Being a private company, also offers the opportunity to be innovative and collaborative with your team, management and other co-workers. Decisions can typically be made quicker than in a larger company. I continue to enjoy learning about the senior living and healthcare industry, and seeing first-hand the positive impact our work has to helping others.
Pros
Private Office, Covered Parking option, Easy Commute
Cons

Want to know more about The Goodman Group?

Ask a question
Great place to work, great employees, and a great atmosphere
Help Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNMarch 20, 2014
The Goodman Group has some very good employees who are hard workers, but also make the job enjoyable. The company provides room for advancement from within and has several people that have climbed the ladder.

A very professional place to work with a group of professional co-workers that also are easy to get along with.
Pros
Great co-workers, promote within, fair compensation, learning potential off the charts
Cons
some travel
Great Environment to work and grow in.
Director of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNMarch 20, 2014
In my time with The Goodman Group I have had the opportunity to grow as a professional in many different ways. This is a great company for someone who cares about what they do and takes pride in how they do it.
Pros
Co-workers
The Goodman Group is a great place to work and more than just a job.
Director of Digital Marketing (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNMarch 18, 2014
The Goodman Group is an innovative senior living and health care company and offers a great team environment. I truly enjoy working here. I have been challenged and encouraged to expand my knowledge in areas I am passionate about. There are many talented, highly educated and motivated individuals that I work with and this makes an enjoyable work environment. If you are looking for more than just a job, and are passionate about improving the lives of older adults and their families, this is the company for you.
Pros
The Goodman Group is a thought leader in the senior living and health care industry.
productive and fun work place
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNFebruary 4, 2014
wonderful family envoirnement, worked very well together and great management
Great Company To Work For
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNJanuary 29, 2014
I have worked for this company for 5 years now in the IT department and my experiences have been overall very good. My compensation for my job title and duties is above the national average. The work environment is stress free and relaxing. A typical day is different everyday with the opportunities to learn new and exciting things. The management doesn't sit over the top of you and micro-manage you, they allow you to work at your pace and finish project in a reasonable time. The most enjoyable part of my job is the variety of work that I get to do. I am not pillared into one specific duty, I get to expand my knowledge of new things. My co-workers are knowledgeable and very helpful and most are very patient when they have issues that we need to work on. The hardest thing about my job is traveling because it is hard for me, having a family and being away for work and leaving my wife to do everything. Other than that this is a great company to work for.
Pros
salary, opportunities, friendly co-workers, relaxing environment, variety
Cons
travel
Great people to work with.
Residential Property Manager Internship (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNSeptember 10, 2013
Starts out by going over today's goals and what to expect. Then fast past management of residents, staff, and prospects. Showing apartments and setting up appointments for the next day. I learned how to move fast and get things done on time. Had to stay organized to handle the high traffic of residents and prospects. I enjoyed the fast past environment there was always things to be done.
Very frustrating work environment
Nursing staff member (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 27, 2013
There is an atmosphere of complete dysfunction due to systemic failures of management. There are no consistent policies or proceedures adhered to, which is one reason the State has posted a no-admit on the facility. Management is arrogant and has turned over several times within the last year creating an environment of frustration by the residents and apathy from the staff. Moral is at an all-time low and management obviously fails to recognize that. Corporate thinks that fixing this problem can be solved externally and fails to address the one and only strength they have right now, which is the dedicated and loyal staff members who have suffered through all of the inept changes management has tried implementing. Management expects Miramont's philosophy of "Platinum Service" to be displayed by all staff members but are the worst abusers of this policy, they have a very condesnding attitude towards the staff. However, my Kudos to those long-term employees who remain comitted and loyal the residents of Miramont Pointe!
Good company to work for
CNA (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTFebruary 7, 2013
They care about creating a positive work environment, helping employees to advance within the company, offering educational opportunities, and have a good benefits package.
NOT good to work for
CNA (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonSeptember 25, 2012
They talk a lot about "Platinum Service" and how good they are to employees, but actually employees are forced to do lots of off the clock work to try to avoid getting fired for "non-performance". If you try to approach management honestly to solve problems, you are treated like troublemaker. If you possibly can, work elsewhere.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
work through lunch and off the clock after shifts to keep up with unreasonable workloads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Goodman Group. Our community is ready to answer.

The Goodman Group Reviews by Location