The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company

The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company Employer Reviews

Starting the day off by greeting everone
Merchandise & Quality Analyst / Produce Manager (Former Employee), Camden, NJJune 23, 2014
Start the day off by greeting everone the best part of the job is reciving my sales report
HI
Cashier (Current Employee), Millwood, NYJune 9, 2014
I worked at AP in Millwood as cashier and bakery.
I like to help with a customer if they need help.
I love counting the money.
Great place to work at
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee), Montvale, NJJune 3, 2014
Great place to work, and the people are like family. Excellent place to work
Fun, friendly atmosphere.
Delicatessen Clerk (Current Employee), Riverside, CTMarch 10, 2014
I arrive and punch in at the time clock. When I arrive at the Deli I begin my shift by cleaning the slicers to make sure my shift and work stations are sanitary. I make sure all the meats and cheeses are open and if not open them. I write down on a log the date and meat/cheese that I open during my shift. I help customers fulfill their deli orders from – more... meats, cheeses, sandwiches, various salads, and prepared foods. I either make salads or pizzas depending on the day. I also wash dishes throughout my shift as well. When I am working a closing shift I have to de-breast rotisserie chickens for the the next day's chicken salad. I have to clean and cover the olive bar. Thoroughly clean the last two slicers but taking them apart and washing all of the components. I sweep and mop the floors, take out the trash and sanitize the counters. After all of this is complete I punch out.

I learned a lot of customer service skills and even marketing techniques. I learned that working in a safe and clean environment allows for me to provide top of the line service.

The management team is very stern. They instilled in me an even stronger work ethic than I already had.

My coworkers and I have a tight-knit relationship. We have developed a strong bond even among various departments of the entire store. We work well as a team and are always willing to help each other out.

I believe the hardest part of the job is balancing the cleaning and helping customers towards the end of my shift. Especially on nights when I am closing because I am alone.

The most enjoyable part of the job are my coworkers. We have tried hard to make the working environment a warm one. I also enjoy deli work in general and of course helping the customers. – less
Triceps Inventory Control Systems Analyst (Former Employee), New Yorl, NYJanuary 16, 2014
- Fast pace

- Management is very flexible

- Very diverse workforce

- Unionized organization
Low moral environment,company stability uncertain
Mgr. of Mainframe Systems and MQ Series Admin (Former Employee), Montvale, NJAugust 9, 2013
Pros: 10% discount on non sale items in the grocery stores
Monitor and report connectivity issues from the retail stores to host mainframe system. Insured all mainframe hardware and software components were maintained and functioning properly to support the CICS payment card system. I was fortunate to learn how some banks process debit and credit transactions. All of my fellow IT workers were all top notch – more... well educated technicians in their field. Working with them and learning from them was most enjoyable.
Management always has to make tough calls based on the company's goals and direction. The management team I worked with falls into the same classification as my self; Fair, understanding, decisive, and effective. – less
Fun place to work
Haba Clerk (Former Employee), Ortley Beach, NJJuly 1, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: low pay
Hectic days trying to get product to floor in timely fashion. Learned to cashier and scanning department skills. Management team is like no other. Co-workers are amiable. Hardest part of job was lifting 75 lb. totes off of 8 foot high pallets. Most enjoyable part of job was seeing the smiling faces of repeat customers.
good job
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Belvidere, NJMay 24, 2013
Pros: freedom
Cons: lack of communication
a typical day here required me to stock and clean the department as well as help any customers. I learned how to trim and crisp lettuce for sale. I also learned how to prepare and rap corn for sale. these are only two examples of many things I learned.
Stepping Stone
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fanwood, NJMay 10, 2013
Its a great first job to have. Possible growth within the company and a great learning place to gain experience in various areas. The most enjoyable part of the day is helping others and forming new friendships with employees and customers.
No work/life balance
Manager (Former Employee), New JerseyFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: compensation and benefits were great.
Cons: no work/life balance. no job security. the culture needs work
Company was once a great place to work. Last 10 years not so. Management is out of touch with associates and their customers.
Overall, great working environment but unfortunately finanicial crisis with the company.
Enterprise Scheduling Analyst (Former Employee), Montvale, NJSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: learned tremendously
Cons: financial crisis - no work stability
Great working place. Easygoing staff... fixed abends, troubleshoot lines, lead Control-m scheduler.
Good job atmosphere
Accounting Analyst of Real Estate Operations (Current Employee), Montvale, NJJuly 27, 2012
Constant learning and task improvement to achieve goals.
Strong jpb relationship with co-workers.
Work by myself in an office monitoring cameras.
Asset Protection Investigator (Current Employee), Montvale, NJJuly 19, 2012
Pros: working by yourself.
Cons: a lot of sitting and monitoring camers
I work an eight and a half hour shift by myself. I deter theft and recover unpaid merchandise from exiting the store. The managers are good to work with. I conduct internal and external investigations and report them to my supervisor. You do not get bothered too much doing this job.

About The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company

Once one of the biggest baggers of groceries in the US, The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company (A&P) has been reduced to a shrinking portfolio – Read more