Green Planet is a Boston-based educational service provider that specializes in bringing quality international student homestay and boarding programs to private high schools around the U.S. Our worldwide network has brought hundreds of young people from around the world to experience American education and build worldwide connections.
We are currently hiring a Residential Coordinator to supervise the homestays of international high school students attending a private high school in Santa Maria, California. As a Residential Coordinator, your main responsibility is to ensure that students' needs are being met throughout the school year, and to provide support to host families.
For future incoming students, you will earn additional bonuses to recruit, screen and register qualified host families who will offer guidance and opportunities to experience American culture to international high school students. You should place a high value on cross-cultural understanding, and wish to oversee an exceptional experience for young ambassadors to the United States and its system of education.
We are also currently hiring an ESL teacher to teach international students at the school for 4-6 hours per week.
These part time opportunities are ideal as side projects to supplement the schedule of an additional part-time or full-time position. Please specify in your response whether you are interested in the Residential Coordinator position, the ESL teacher position, or both.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Committed to fostering a safe and healthy home and living environment
- Sensitive to cultural differences
- Strong interpersonal and mediation skills
- Proven experience working with adolescents and families
- Access to personal vehicle
- ESL teaching experience & ESL certification
- Experience in education - 2 years
- Master's or Advanced Degree
- Background in business management and administration
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese
- Travel experience, especially in East Asia
- A background in mentoring, personal counseling and/or childcare