The Greenbrier

The Greenbrier Employer Reviews

Interesting place to work
Concierge (Current Employee), White Sulphur Springs, WVDecember 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches; benefits after 90 days; other community discounts
Cons: lower wage for the amount of work
The Greenbrier is a very interesting place to work. It has so much history, being over 200 year old location. The staff in general is very nice and helpful and happy to be working there, which helps keep work more enjoyable for all.
The guests are usually very happy, polite, and appreciative of the resort and what the workers do for them.

I learned – more... how to continue remembering information about the resort/venue, the activities held and their prices, as well as many of the guests' names. Customer Service was an amazingly large role as the concierge, as we have to work with everyone , on ALL levels and so many different aspects.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the guests who would complain about things that were out of our control. Also, some of the computer software was not up to par with what we needed to do our job, and did not all work well with one another.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when guests remembered my name and thanked me for all I had done to help them. – less
Wonderful place to work.
Food and Beverage Management Trainee (Former Employee), White Sulphur, OHJune 26, 2014
Great place to work, I learned an incredible amount in less than a year,
Casino is steadily going downhill
Adult Babysitter (Current Employee), White Sulphur Springs, WVJune 25, 2014
Pros: the good employees slightly overweigh the bad ones
Cons: everything about hr. everything about adults that act like 5 year olds.
This used to be the best casino in the world to work in. Best managers and everyone got along like family. About a year ago everything started to go downhill. It only takes a couple employees to ruin it for everyone else by telling lies and throwing temper tantrums on a daily basis. Most jobs have unions which only keeps the bad and childish employees – more... from getting fired. The director of table games recently got fired and he was the best manager ive ever worked for. Now it seems like the other managers' days are numbered. The director of human resources is obviously gullible and will believe any lie told by certain employees. She is also the wife of the director of security, so as a team they could easily get away with murder. Has anyone in upper management ever heard of CONFLICT OF INTEREST? Obviously not. Of course im looking for another job because who would want to work in an establishment with this degree of corruption. – less
AMAZING
Culinary Apprentice (Former Employee), White Sulphur Springs, WVNovember 13, 2013
amazing place to work. has everything a growing chef could want
very productive workplace, always something new to learn
Chef/Apprentice (Former Employee), White Sulphur Springs, WVOctober 8, 2013
Pros: paid vacation, medical and dental, free employee cafeteria, gkw (general kitchen workers)
Cons: long hours
At my station 15 minutes before scheduled, leaving after the closing of the dining room along with proper kitchen breakdown and food storage. Production of designated menu items according to guest numbers. i was constantly learning about something new or a new way to prepare it or flavor pairing. The hardest part was the very long hours, consistently – more... worked over 50 hours a week on the clock and and anywhere from 30 to 60 hours a week off the clock as an apprentice. – less
Good Experience
Sales (Former Employee), White Sulphur Springs, WVAugust 21, 2013
It was okay temporarily. I was overworked and felt as if I was being used constantly.
Best Resort
Extern/2nd Cook (Former Employee), White Sulphur Springs, WVMarch 18, 2013
Best place in the world to work,
The skill of the chefs is exceptional, the food and glamour of the resort show exactly why it is america's favorite
Wonderful Place to Work
Concierge (Current Employee), White Sulphur Springs, WVOctober 9, 2012
This fast paced environment was just what I was looking for when I started. The atmosphere is very professional and the training was excellent. I could make a life-time career here, however, I am looking to relocate.