The Greer Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Low pay and not enough management support
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 16, 2017
I believe the pay is low for the work that I do at The Greer Group. They don't offer any benefits and there are no paid holidays. I have been temping for 7 months and no offer to go permanent. I keep the office clean, make confirmation calls, make appointments, run monthly reports, receive and process payments, set up financing for clients, order office supplies and supplies for the lab, set up file folders for new clients, set up folders for clients in satellite office, keep files secure and confidential.
Productive Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCJuly 10, 2017
The Greer Group places you at positions where you actually fit in. They reward you when they are given reviews about your work. Was sent to three different places and enjoyed each of them.
Pros
Great Place to wok
Cons
Can't Think of Any
Great people to work with
MVC wire machinist (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCJune 13, 2017
I love working with people here , always look forward into going to work every day knowing my duties every day . Never have had a bad experience here since I have been there .
Pros
lunch room very expensive...
Cons
insurance is high
excellent
Manufacturing Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 19, 2017
it went very well. easy to direct and understand and comprehend. Very easy to navigate around and get goals accomplished.
Don't have alot of contracts
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 9, 2016
This company is ok but they dont understand if you're uncomfortable with a job that you have to leave they will not work with you anymore.
Good Staffing
Team Leader Packing Department (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 18, 2016
If you are looking for a job, this is a good place to start. The administration are nice and they have good positions in different companies.
Great Manufacturing Experience
Electric Meter Assembler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 14, 2015
It was a friendly environment and great place to learn about manufacturing. The speed process and timely manner and good sense of accomplishment.
Typical Day
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh NCJuly 15, 2015
Main assignment was to work for Eaton Corporation as a Customer Service Analyst and work on the various duties as assigned. These assignments lead to full time employment with Eaton.
Typical Temp Agency
Temp (Current Employee) –  Eaton Corporation in Roxboro, NCMarch 14, 2015
The management is somewhat attentive to the employees needs, but should work harder at keeping their employees employed.
Pros
Cons
Some contracts are limited.
Worked as a contract employee filling in for companys that were in need of extra employees
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Cary NCDecember 4, 2014
I would fill in for company's that were looking for extra staff but could not hire them full time . I would go to the place of business assigned and work my hours and time at this such place . I learned that if you do not have consistent work lined up for you then a person is without work for periods of time . The management at where I worked were very kind as the extra staff . Co-workers were dutiful to their jobs and willing to help where needed . The hardest part was finding the places they wanted you to go Most enjoyable was seeing the company's they assigned you to and getting a chance to be a part of their world for a time .
Pros
Working at SAS
Cons
Job ended to soon for me .
Temp service
Shipping & Receiving Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 29, 2014
Great temp place to work they put me to work right away. Put in positions that could be permanent but nothing is promised.
Pros
prompt and tact
Cons
temp service never know whats next
great teamwork and managers
shipping and receiving (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 29, 2014
 Follow all safety codes
 Structure cardboard into boxes for shipping
 Check affix labels
 Place merchandise on shelves for distribution
 Fill requisitions, work orders, requested materials, or other stock items
 Fulfill customer orders
 Delegate duties necessary
 Carry out tasks as assigned by supervisor
Pros
cafeteria, vending machines
Cons
short breaks
Job placement agency
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 11, 2014
I worked for a nationwide company doing account payables for 12 branches of the company. I matched up invoices to purchase orders, and keyed in the invoices into the system. If there were variances with with the invoices and the purchase orders. I followed up with the branches that placed the orders to see what the correct pricing was. I also did cost accounting to correct the variances and to make sure that the branches received the correct margins for their sales. I ran reports, daily weekly, and monthly. I also interacted with the branches and did average cost adjustments for them as needed. I had a supervisor, an office manager, and a controller that I answered to in addition to the branch managers, and branch associates. There was only one other person that was also an accounts payable specialist. The hardest part of my job was getting correct answers from the branches and making the adjustments according to the answers that were given and the negative atmosphere within the office. I really enjoyed talking to the different people within the company and taking care of the branches that I was assigned to.
Pros
Excellent company
Cons
Antiquated system and negative manager
Very strong company to work for. paid well.
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 7, 2014
I wish it could have been a permanent position. I go the experience I needed for future positions.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
It was only a temporary position.
Great company with various positions of interest
Assembly production Operator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 23, 2013
I have worked with this company for years and would recommend this company to others.
Pros
Very friendly employers
Cons
Temp Service
Temporary
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 14, 2013
This is a Staffing Agency who finds you temp to hire work. Some of the assignments are good, but most have been a dead end job. I would like to see more assignments where the employer's are willing to take on full time employees. The insurance they offer is very overpriced for what you get. I was in a car accident which required surgery and ate up ALL of my benefits for one incident.
Pros
lots of assignments, nice people, professional
Cons
lack of benefits, low pay
Great job placements
WASH ROOM, SSANITATION, and COMPONDER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 3, 2013
Fast and great job placement for a temp service. Very professional and polite.
various warehouse postions
Various Temp Warehouse Positions (Current Employee) –  raliegh, ncApril 15, 2013
It ranged from different type of work for each position, sometime there is a lack of communcation between temp and perm company
a great company to work through.
material handler/quality control (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 11, 2012
the greer group is willing to work around your schedule and will help get you jobs as they come in.
Certainly an interesting job.
Temp Staff (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 26, 2012
I was placed at several assembly jobs when I was working with The Greer Group. Each position lasted about a week, I assembled electric meters and gift boxes, and packaged bulk electrical parts.
Pros
learning new things.
Cons
the lack of work available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Greer Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2