Our client designs, manufactures, supplies, integrates and supports a broad portfolio of specialist, high-end technical surveillance products, including those related to electro-optics, tracking and location, tactical cyber, alerting and imaging. The business sells primarily to the military, government agencies and law enforcement organizations, possesses its own research and development capabilities, has locations in the USA and Europe and has achieved compound annual growth in turnover of 99% per annum since 2007.
In order to support the ongoing growth of the business and to realize the significant opportunities open to it, our client is seeking to appoint to the position of President for the Americas. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and thus a member of the global executive committee, this person’s responsibilities will include:
- Providing top-down leadership and direction to the company’s operations in the Americas, with this including assuming profit and loss responsibility. To establish further the firm’s brand in the Americas and to manage the rapid growth of the company so that the American business is generating 60% of the company’s global revenues (approximately $40 million) within three years.
- Devising, implementing, monitoring and enforcing the strategies required by the business in the Americas across service, support, training, assembly, manufacturing and research and development (including ad-hoc design and engineering). To identify and deliver new commercial initiatives, to create and develop commercial partnerships and to identify opportunities to expand the product range. Beyond this, to pursue further change and transformation that will directly support and facilitate ongoing development, profitability, efficiency and growth.
- Scoping and identifying target markets, understanding how they operate and are structured so as to gain a detailed knowledge of current and future requirements and to create strategic business development plans. To manage requirements analysis and specification personally and through the business development team. To maintain a focus on SOCOM (which is currently the company’s largest customer in the Americas) but to ensure the customer base also expands to encompass the wider military, federal and law enforcement markets.
- Pursuing sales and business development activities personally, creating, maintaining and improving strong working relationships with key personnel within current and prospective customers who may or may not belong to one’s current network of contacts. To identify new commercial opportunities and to generate demand for the company’s products and services, both for new requirements and the replacement of existing customer inventories.
- Driving the company towards the pursuit of large-scale RFI / RFQ opportunities, with this including conducting negotiations and designing and submitting bids. To secure enduring formal contracts with customers and to provide effective customer relationship management so as to ensure that appropriate service levels are delivered, that problems / incidents are resolved and that existing contracts are developed and protected.
- Creating and developing mutually beneficial relationships with partners, distributors and other third parties. However, as our client’s breadth of capability and resources increase, to reduce the reliance on distributors to a point where the company itself is the sole route of supply.
- Overseeing the day-to-day running of the business in the Americas. To ensure profitable and efficient operation, that best-in-class products and services are delivered, that financial targets are met, that resources are optimally utilized and that performance is reviewed. To grow our client’s reputation and standing as defined by user groups.
- Ensuring the business in the Americas complies with its legislative, regulatory and operational commitments. To identify and mitigate commercial and operational risks so as to provide long-term stability.
- Achieving any and all commercial and operational targets within agreed timescales, such as those regarding profit and loss, revenue, profitability, growth, working capital, pipeline, customer satisfaction and quality. To produce and provide forecasting, budgeting, accounting and other forms of reporting as required.
- Assuming responsibility for the existing team in the USA and managing the recruitment and integration of new staff so as to ensure the business possesses the resources, skills and knowledge it requires. To ensure all employees are provided with clearly defined and measurable objectives and to ensure they are fully aware of the business’ strategy and their place within it. Furthermore, to create a culture in which all personnel receive the administrative support, knowledge management, personal development, training and incentivization they require, thus creating a corporate environment that attracts, motivates and retains the very best people.
- Developing productive and trusted relationships with the other members of the executive committee and with the international business development and sales teams. To work collaboratively with these people on joint initiatives, to drive wider commercial success, to enable pan-business planning, to establish and promote best practice, and to extract maximum value from cross-business experience, knowledge and opportunities.
The President will be based at our client's offices in Chantilly, VA. Frequent travel within the Americas and regular international travel will be required.
The successful applicant will possess a proven and successful track record in a senior (president, VP, director or equivalent) commercial role for a business within the defense, security and / or intelligence electronics sectors. This will include experience of managing profit and loss, reporting and forecasting, of driving revenue growth and of setting strategy and an understanding of the military, federal and law enforcement agencies to which our client sells. The successful applicant will also possess excellent commercial, communications, people-management and planning skills, as well as a confident, entrepreneurial, self-starting and flexible approach. The appointee should hold or have held or be able to gain again relevant security clearances.
This position represents the opportunity for the appointee to demonstrate their ability in evolving, growing and managing a business in the defense and security market. Success in this position will therefore not only bring financial reward and future career progression within our client as the company expands and develops but build the appointee a strong personal reputation that will position them well for potential future employment at Chief Executive Officer level outside the business.
[[Search criteria: President, VP, Vice President, Chief Executive, Chief Executive Officer, CEO, Managing Director, Country Director, Regional Director, Regional President, Regional VP, Operations Director, VP Operations, Head of Operations, Sales Director, VP Sales, Head of Sales, Business Development Director, VP Business Development, Head of Business Development, electronics, surveillance, cyber, covert, defense, intelligence, military, SOCOM, law enforcement, federal, government]]
Indeed - 13 months ago
The Grichan Partnership is a leading Business Enablement Consultancy founded in 2007. From the outset, the business has been focused on...