UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY IN THE HEART OF BRISTOL BAY! THE BRISTOL BAY HOUSING AUTHORITY is in need of an innovative Executive Director effective May 1, 2014. You will report to work effective March 1st for a seamless two month transition of duties. The current director is retiring after his skillful leadership of over 20 years. Here is your chance to combine a fulfilling career directing this well established program.
Under the guidance of the BBHA Board, you will be operating this stable, professional and respected housing organization based in the City of Dillingham. You will provide leadership for 60 personnel serving a wide variety of programs including administration, property management (400+ housing units), construction, Indian Housing Block Grant management, weatherization and rehabilitation, and provision of management services for vocational education and assisted living. This wide variety of responsibilities provides both interesting and challenging work requiring effective personal skills and networking.
- Advanced leadership and supervisory skills
- Able to travel in light commercial aircraft
- Able to travel locally with limited exposure to winter environmental conditions
- The ability to prepare and manage budgets
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the grant application and writing process
- Familiarity with financial reporting requirements
- A B.A. or higher degree in business, social sciences, or a construction related field such as engineering or architecture. Experience can be substituted for education.
- Recent experience providing services in the area of public housing with at least three years of experience serving in a leadership role supporting public housing.
The salary will be based upon experience.
This position is responsible for administering NAHASDA funding which requires Alaska Native/Native American preference in contracting, training and employment.