The Guidance Center Employee Reviews

Best Job Ever!
Youth Psychosocial Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSFebruary 19, 2018
This job was the most rewarding job that I have ever had. I was able to stop a girl from committing suicide and was able to get her the help that she needed. This job taught me a lot about psychology and the importance of the mental healthcare system, especially for children.
Awful
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 16, 2018
You are placed in a classroom that could be from 0-3 full year, 3 year olds 10 months, or 4 year olds 10 months and fridays off. You have no choice of what classroom you end up in. The management doesn’t care about you and you have no room for advancement. You have 3 personal days (don’t bother asking for days off cause there are no subs) and 3 school closing days. If you have more snow days or building problems it goes into your personal time. If you have no personal time you are not paid because of Mother Nature or the building leaking, no heat, etc.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Pay rate, no choices, benefits, no room for advancement
Would not recommend this place. A very high turnover rate.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chalmette, LAFebruary 6, 2018
The company does not care about the clients the only thing they are concern about is the money. Management does not know how to talk to their staff at ALL!!! If you try your best it’s is still not good enough for them. No run to advance in the company. Just remember to breath. You will never know when you are going to get fired they will not give you any warning.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Cons
The management does not appreciate their workers
Great team members
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 28, 2018
Fun place to work. Great team members. Interesting consumers with a variety of conditions and concerns. Opportunity to learn about behavioral health.
Pros
team members, management
Cons
health benefits are expensive and deductible is high
overall good company to work for, each site has it unquiness about them
Family Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Southgate, MIJanuary 23, 2018
Overall, the company is a good company to work for. The most enjoyable part about working with the company is working with the clients, staff and management. The company does offer workshops to attend or online to help the staff stay current and earn CEU if needed.
Pros
Trainings
TGC worker
Crisis intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 20, 2018
The work is very rewarding and the coworkers all have a passion to make the lives of the clients better. Unfortunately management is not conducive to a positive work environment as they lack communication and proper managerial qualities.
Pros
making a difference
Very fast paced
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 8, 2018
It was a very fast paced environment. I learned how to handle crisis situations with people feeling suicidal and homicidal. Management was okay. Workplace culture was okay.
The management was very considerate and kind.
Case Manager, Integrated Case Manaement Services (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJJanuary 5, 2018
I learned a lot while an employee there. They nurtured me and encouraged me to pursue my work there. I was very grateful to my manager, and supervisor when I was there in the summer of 2015. I would go back if I could, bu the location was an hour away, and the position was part-time.
Poor Management/ great health benefits
Support Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Southgate, MIDecember 30, 2017
Stressful job,a typical day involves multiple home visits in the community with the use of personal vehicle. I have learned that everything changes very quickly,so you must be excepting of change.
Great place to work, Great coworkers, definitely worth doing again.
Youth Psychosocial Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSNovember 14, 2017
Unfortunately, the leaders I had in my group are both leaving, they made the job fun and I felt like I wasn't rushed or losing personal time because of the job. I thoroughly enjoyed this job.
Nice advancement opportunities!!
Therapeutic Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MINovember 7, 2017
Very impressed with the management here! Quick to solve any issues! Very changing work environment which makes it easy to learn and use new skills! Can easily turn new skills into a new job there!
Fun and enlightening
Forensic Interviewer (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 15, 2017
I enjoyed working for the Guidance Center. Being a forensic interviewer was something I loved as it supported families and children who had been hurt, or it helped to determine if children where being truthful which was helpful for the police in their investigations.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
My job felt it was a conflict of interest
Fast paced community based position
Intensive Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAOctober 9, 2017
It was a supportive environment of many different backgrounds, but due to the low salary and the demands of the job, there was a lot of turnover near the end of the position.
Relaxed environment with great co-workers
Part-Time Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSOctober 9, 2017
This was my only experience working in a Mental Health Facility. I enjoyed working alongside of the directors. Relationships were easy to build at this facility. I gained a great understanding of Mental Health Services.
I enjoyed working with mentally challenged youth.
YOUTH ATTENDANT CARE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KS 66043September 27, 2017
I assisted parents in their day to day interaction with their needy children. I visited my clients in their classroom and their homes. The hardest part of the job was sometimes developing a great relationship with the client then having to transfer them to another worker or care provider.
Pros
Great counselors and staff.
Cons
None.
Unbalanced Work Place
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Southgate, MI 48195September 24, 2017
The Guidance Center was a great place to work when I first started. As the years progressed & the work load increased, management was not addressing matters appropriately or in a timely manner. The pay is not compatible with the work load or with it's competitors.
Pros
Cons
no lunches, no breaks, no raises or bonuses
Great Friendly Environment
Family Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Southgate, MISeptember 12, 2017
Everyone within the company is very friendly and are all willing to help each other out. There is great teamwork and a smooth atmosphere. The days go by quickly because of the steady work pace and the company does everything to accommodate both staff and the families that are part of the companies success.
Great place to network and work as a team
ABH Outreach Social Worker (Former Employee) –  SouthgateSeptember 7, 2017
I loved this place it was a great way to network and assist with clients needs. I loved the supportive working environment by my awesome professional co workers. Your collages are great and being in an union helps some. Although at times morale was low but having supportive managers and coworkers made it bearable. This is a great place to work at I had to relocate but I will always have fond memories of the respect and professionalism you have here when you work at TGC.
Pros
Co workers, benefits and team work
Cons
often the morale is low and blamed for poor productivity that was out of your control
productive and a nice place to start off with trying to advance in your career
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Current Employee) –  assistant teacherAugust 25, 2017
Overall the staff and management was good, I learned many things about children and different remedies to bring into my career as a child care provider when I start my own business in the soon to be future.
Pros
well rounded staff and people
Cons
short breaks, not enough time
Great place to work!
Home Based Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln Park, MIAugust 22, 2017
I can only speak for the one department, Children's Home Based is a great place to work! There is a mix of experienced and new graduate therapists, great learning environment! The management values work life balance and professional growth. You get a chance to really connect with children and families due to the intensive work, cases are tougher but you have a smaller case load. Compensation is very competitive and benefits are great! This has been a great place to get a ton of experience with close supervision with a diverse population!
Pros
Flexible schedule, great managment, clinical growth
Cons
work hours can be late sometimes, paperwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Guidance Center. Our community is ready to answer.