The Gym Employee Reviews

Great Company
Front Desk Repersentive (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJDecember 11, 2017
what I experienced as working in Gym , is competition and dealing with dedicated and serious people to change their lives. This is what i really liked about it. They care about establishing their clientele based on trust and most importantly they guarantee their results.
Pros
Staff, Pay, Hours
Cons
I had to move away and leave
Positive High energy Atmosphere
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Southbury, CTNovember 6, 2017
The gym was a great place to work a great community of employees.
Owners were invested in their employees always looking to recruit from with in.
Great perks flexible schedule.
Pros
High aenergy, Positve atmosphere
Cons
short staffed due to budget restraints.
Fun, friendly, motivating environment but causes personal stress
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Tehachapi, CAMay 3, 2017
My usual day at work is very easy going and, usually, very pleasant. Typically, the first thing I am required to do is open our doors, take care of any filing, answer voicemails, and clean our restrooms. Throughout my day, I am answering phone calls, sending email notifications, and constantly cleaning up the facility-vacuuming, dusting, wiping machines down, cleaning mirrors, sweeping outdoors, etc. The most rewarding thing about my job is the I have easy-to-work-around hours and receive a great pay. Because of these factors I am able to attend school fully and still have a social life. However, after being here for so long, my hard-work has started to become taken for granted; my hours are changing without my consent, my responsibilities are interfering now with my school schedule, and my relationship with other employees has gotten out of hand. Overall, my experience at my place of work has been more than satisfactory, but I think it is time for a change.
Pros
great people, very respected and appreciated, free membership, fun place
Cons
hours are changing, no benefits, hard to take time off, poor relationship with employees
Fast-paced, team-orientated workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJMarch 1, 2017
Working customer service at The Gym entails you to typically micromanage the other departments. Not only are you dealing with customer inquiries and complaints, but you also deal with maintenance of the gym floor, and the front desk. You must make sure that the Housekeeping staff has effectively done they're job and that the day went well in Childcare.
Pros
Free membership for yourself and one other person
Cons
Understaffed
Work is good and as long as you do your best you'll be fine.
Playroom Attendant and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, ALFebruary 11, 2017
When working at The Gym you'll stay busy no matter what. You have many things to do and clean when working here. The employees are nice and the benefits are rewarding.
Pros
Free Gym privileges
Cons
Lots of cleaning
Great place, little balance
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJSeptember 29, 2015
This is a great company to work for as a personal trainer. They offer very competitive pay with health benefits, paid time off, and discounts on all things gym related.
Pros
Great pay for personal trainers.
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Positie and fun workplace
staff member (Former Employee) –  Jourdanton TxMay 26, 2015
a typical day at work invovlves maintaning a safe and clean facility for all the members to enjoy. Greeting and making the members feel at welcomed is a top priority at The Gym.
ok place to work
Director of Personal Training/Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2014
good company to work for. Room for advancement. best club in nyc
Health and Exercise
Group Fitness Instructor/ Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJNovember 5, 2014
The Gym is a great company to work for. Everyone is friendly. I teach group fitness classes and push the members to perform at their maximum capacity. its a great place to work for
Pros
good company overall
Burned myself out.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJAugust 5, 2014
Management required quantity over quality. Bad recipe for success in this type of work.
great environment!
Peachtree, Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2014
The Gym was a great team to be apart of and work with on a daily v=basis. Would have loved to find full time working with them.
Not reccommended.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJApril 24, 2014
Clientele sucks as much as the management team. Morons are running the facility right into the ground. Unfair and disrespectful. That's all.
Fun Place for the most part
Management (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 16, 2013
Owner takes advantage of immigrant workers making them work 12 hour shifts without breaks. Pays cash to avoid paying taxes and to keep these employees without working papers making 7 dollars or less an hour. Owner cares only about himself and doesn't care about staff at all.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
lack of respect by Ownership Robert L.
Great atmosphere with high energy.
Part time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJFebruary 15, 2013
Worked two days per week from 9am to 5pm. I learned alot about retail and clothing. Management was always very helpful and pleasant.Co-workers were always a pleasure and easy to get along. The job was not difficult, always fun. I dealt with alot of customers on a very friendly basis and made great acquaintances.
Pros
free membership and discounts
Good place for independant trainers to work
Aerobics Coordinator & Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 9, 2012
It is one of the best places to train clients and be able to have the trainer make enough $.
Pros
flexibility & pay
Cons
much of the staff very unfriendly & moody.
Fun work setting and a great work flow.
Customer Service Representative/Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJApril 17, 2012
On a typical day I helped members with anything they needed .i also was a trainer for the company which i did part time . Just having that one on one interaction was amazing for me.It allowed me to branch out my horizons and look at other options when it came to getting into the fitness field.
Pros
benefits, dental package
Cons
short breaks, lack of respect