The Gym

The Gym Employee Reviews

ok place to work
Director of Personal Training/Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 6, 2014
good company to work for. Room for advancement. best club in nyc
Health and Exercise
Group Fitness Instructor/ Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Englewood, NJNovember 5, 2014
Pros: good company overall
The Gym is a great company to work for. Everyone is friendly. I teach group fitness classes and push the members to perform at their maximum capacity. its a great place to work for
Burned myself out.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Montvale, NJAugust 5, 2014
Management required quantity over quality. Bad recipe for success in this type of work.
great environment!
Peachtree, Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2014
The Gym was a great team to be apart of and work with on a daily v=basis. Would have loved to find full time working with them.
Not reccommended.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Montvale, NJApril 24, 2014
Clientele sucks as much as the management team. Morons are running the facility right into the ground. Unfair and disrespectful. That's all.
Fun Place for the most part
Management (Former Employee), New JerseyDecember 16, 2013
Pros: free membership
Cons: lack of respect by ownership robert l.
Owner takes advantage of immigrant workers making them work 12 hour shifts without breaks. Pays cash to avoid paying taxes and to keep these employees without working papers making 7 dollars or less an hour. Owner cares only about himself and doesn't care about staff at all.
Great atmosphere with high energy.
Part time sales associate (Former Employee), Montvale, NJFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: free membership and discounts
Worked two days per week from 9am to 5pm. I learned alot about retail and clothing. Management was always very helpful and pleasant.Co-workers were always a pleasure and easy to get along. The job was not difficult, always fun. I dealt with alot of customers on a very friendly basis and made great acquaintances.
Good place for independant trainers to work
Aerobics Coordinator & Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXJuly 9, 2012
Pros: flexibility & pay
Cons: much of the staff very unfriendly & moody.
It is one of the best places to train clients and be able to have the trainer make enough $.
Fun work setting and a great work flow.
Customer Service Representative/Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Englewood, NJApril 17, 2012
Pros: benefits, dental package
Cons: short breaks, lack of respect
On a typical day I helped members with anything they needed .i also was a trainer for the company which i did part time . Just having that one on one interaction was amazing for me.It allowed me to branch out my horizons and look at other options when it came to getting into the fitness field.