The Hackett Group Employee Reviews

The Hackett Group
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2017
Multiple hats need to wear here at The Hackett Group. Each day brings a new challenge. Never a dull moment to say the least. You are required to use all your skills here and are rewarded for your efforts.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
N/a
Poor Culture and Benefits
Director, Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2017
Stay Away or have a contingency plan. Culture is not good, Managed day to day, no strategy. Most enjoyable part of the job was the clients and co-workers.
Positive
Public management (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2017
Good company, proactive leaders. Like everywhere else, there are difficult people, but overall the people are pretty solid. Nice way to break into consulting if that's what you're looking for.
Work Life Balance
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2017
Work life balance is a great understanding from the company. It has a great culture building in process and diversity among employees.
Pros
Team culture building
Great experience fresh out of college
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2015
They are well respected in their space and have a great value prop. The range of products and offerings are extremely valuable and insightful for their clients.
Pros
Good people and services offered
Cons
Typical issues of most consulting companies
Would give them a C-
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2015
Great company to develop your career - exposure to many aspects of the business world, very high paced and ran a very lean organization - which means employees are expected to hit the ground running. Hardly any training provided. Flexible work schedule depending on your manager. Need to invest in employee development.
Pros
You get to work with highly skilled individuals
Cons
No investment in employee development
Learned alot
FICO Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2014
I spent a lot of time reading ABAP code and testing business processes in SAP. I wrote a lot of test scripts and test plans, while also writing functional specs.
Boutique consulting company with less bureaucracy than most
Manager, Strategy & Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2014
Lots of interesting projects and clients. Get a good cross-section of experience across industries.
Productive and Culture
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2013
I enjoy working at the Hackett Group. The company provides a competitive salary, a great company culture with many monthly activities. My coworkers are extremely helpful and we all look to help each other. I enjoy the challenges that come with every new client.
Horrible place to work ** STAY AWAY **
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 15, 2013
Unprofessional place to work. Cannot build a career at this firm. HR has no clue what is going on with the functional groups. Many employees are unsatisfied with working conditions, and work load. Very political environment. Mid-level management does not push back on consulting management, they rather go with the lay down and take it approach. Sr. Operational Management runs the firm like a mill only looking at bill rates and cost rates, and everyone is in fright when a directive comes down from "them". Not sure how they say they are "world class defined, and enabled", when the same ERP systems they implement for fortune 500 companies, they can't get it right within their own firm, just something to think about...
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unprofessional Management, management cannot work under tight deadlines, ERP systems constantly dump "key" data, and IT team cannot figure out why.
SAP Consulting Firm
Director-Global SAP Practice (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 29, 2013
A global strategic business advisory and operations improvement firm focused on providing business benchmarking, SAP business applications consulting and enterprise transformation consulting and advisory services.
Consulting
Manager/Executive Assistant - President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2013
Working for a consulting company is always a learning experience. Learning how to deal with consultants inside their own office is always interesting. I worked for the President of the comapny. I supported him in all aspects of the business as well as prospective clients. I built profiles/histories for him to view for each of his business trips so he would know what work we had preformed for each company as well as finding out things that would be good to make the personal tie for building a strong relationship. i.e., people they knew, hobbies, boards or associations they both had affiliations with that might tie together.
Pros
worked with an individual who i highly respected
Cons
no chance for advancement
Good Company to Have on Resume
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2013
I worked in Corporate HQ and not in the field. It was a good place. I got along with everyone and people liked me. Sometimes I wish I wouldn't have left.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
difficult to move up
Personal and Compliance
EPM Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 5, 2012
This company hires personal from contracted clients into there Practice and suggest current associates to keep it confidential and work around that type of personal.
Pros
remote work, so so benefits packages
Cons
management, company values and client concerns