The Hanover Insurance Group

The Hanover Insurance Group Employer Reviews

Great relationship between coworkers
Specialty Underwriter Professional Liability E & O (Current Employee), Windsor, CTJune 17, 2014
Pros: met really nice people in the office
Cons: management could be more in tune with their employees
There is a really good group of underwriters that work together. There is a sense that everyone is always willing to help each other out. Whenever someone is in need everyone will step up to the plate and help each other out. The hardest part of the job is dealing with agents that can be difficult which can occur in any position. A typical day at work – more... would include looking at emails/sending emails, quoting accounts, binding accounts, processing endorsements, reviewing claim information, dealing with agents/brokers, and working side by side with other underwriters. – less
Good company, very hard to advance your career
Consultant (Current Employee), Worcester, MAApril 24, 2014
Pros: benefits are great
Cons: not enough opportunity to advance
Been with the company for 7 years and have held 5 positions.
The company does not pay their employees enough for what is expected of them
Easy to move laterally, extremely hard to move up
Great Place
Litigation Adjuster (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 17, 2014
Overall, a great place to work. The people are wonderful. The compensation is compensation, if not better.
A great learning environment
Marketing and Distribution Analytics Manager (Current Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: job never the same, a great opportunity to learn, experienced managers
Cons: limited growth opportunities
My responsibilities in this role include marketing campaign assessments, developing online tools for capturing key customer data, creating market size & share analytical tools, and training new analysts. It is a heavily analytical role that I enjoy as it provides a good opportunity to learn both marketing analysts techniques and the industry.
Stable company and excellent place to work
Litigation Adjuster (Current Employee), Worcester, MASeptember 12, 2013
I have been employed by Hanover Insurance since June 2011. In that time I have earned multiple promotions and bonuses that I have worked very hard for.

I am happy in my current role, but I wish to practice law. At this time there are no openings in our staff counsel department.
No comment yet
Anonymous (Current Employee), Worcester_MAAugust 8, 2013
Will update more when possible.

Company is ok.

It depends on the team you are working in. The manager I was working for is the worst in any professional setting.
Productive and Harworking
WebSphere Administrator (Current Employee), Worcester, MAApril 2, 2013
• Responsible for installation and administration of WebSphere Application Server V6.0/6.1 /7.0, Websphere Process Server, DataPower, IBM HTTP server, Fix Pack & Interim fixes installation and configuring plug-in on Linux and Windows platforms. Experience in configuring Horizontal and Vertical Clusters
• Worked with Development team and Release and – more... Build Team and given support for Root Cause analyse
• Leading and managing offshore team, scheduled 24X5 production support
• Consulted, understood and gathered requirements from clients and built environment topologies in Linux/Solaris environment. Installed, configured and maintained IBM Websphere Application Server 6.x/7.0 (Network Deployment) on diverse UNIX platforms (LINUX) and Windows platforms.
• Migrated the mission critical applications from physical SUSE to VMware environment and migrated the nodes from WebSphere lower version (5.x) to higher version (6.x)
• Administering WebSphere which includes Installing Applications, Configure Node Agent, Creating WebSphere MQ Queue destination, Creating JDBC Providers, data sources etc
• Trouble shooting server and application performance problems related to the WebSphere Application Server operations. Monitoring production applications to identify hardware or software issues before they impact the production operations. Gathering information on problems and identifying the root cause of the problem and then providing alternatives or solutions.
• Configuration of WebSphere/DB2/Rational products/Apache/IIS Servers. Administration of WebSphere Application Server v6 ND in Distributed Environment with in WebSphere MQ
• Involved in migration of the applications from WebSphere 6.x to 6.1 and 7.0 and worked closely with development team. Applied Refresh packs, fix packs and cumulative fixes for WebSphere, IHS and plug-in.
• Installed, Configured and supported web servers (IBM HTTP Server 6.0/6.1, IIS, Apache) for Internet and Intranet environments on AIX, Solaris and Linux.
• Daily activities include building EAR’s, WAR’s, JAR’s, and Portlets with the latest application code, deploying the builds to test/prod boxes, validating and troubleshooting errors and outages.
• Configuring Web Server interfaces, virtual hosts and transports for WebSphere Application Server
• Monitoring application log files, Application Server Performance, and tuning for DB Pool connections.
• Troubleshoot & debug the issues in the applications in WebSphere,. – less
Quiet
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 14, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not a great place for a career admin
Very serious place to work ... it seems that if you were there for 10 or more years that is a fab place to work but coming in as a new hire not a nice place at all.
Hanover Insurance Group is one of the largest regional insurance providers in the country, and among the top 30 largest property and casualty insurers
Assistant Vice President, Director (Current Employee), Worcester, MA 01653December 4, 2012
A great company to work for; my experiences have been varied. The company has allowed me to grow my career in many different areas.
Good work environment for those who want flexible hours and have a focus on family
Manager, Process Improvement and Sourcing (Former Employee), Worcester, MANovember 25, 2012
Great compensation and benefits, strong leadership but tough culture!
Senior Analyst - Human Resources (Current Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 24, 2012
Pros: onsite gym, rmv currier, nurse, cafeteria
Cons: job security, politics
I've been with the company for 3 years. My experience has overall been good. This was my first real job out of college. I've learned A LOT!!! I've grown from a student to a professional here.
Company looks great from bird eye view, not so pretty up close.
Comm lines (Former Employee), AtlantaJuly 16, 2012
Very difficult place to work and can not recommend it in it current state. Worked here several years and always major morale problems on the floor. Bad systems & poor support makes getting mundane processing a major time suck.
Extremely high rate of turnover creates constant sense of instability and makes things all the more difficult. Almost no emphasis – more... on employee development outside of their college fast track program.
Leadership tends to talk at you rather than to you. – less
a GREAT company to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 11, 2012
This was such a great company to work for. They are organized and they treat employees with respect.
A great blend of professional and friendly
Intermediate Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Worcester, MAApril 12, 2012
Pros: focus on social responsibility through united way, great cafeteria
Working at Hanover was a wonderful experience. I felt that in my time there I was mentored by my management team and colleagues to develop myself professionally, while maintaining my outgoing personality. I learned about both stepping back to understand the big picture and paying attention to detail, particularly in reviewing processes' control environments.
Stay away from this place!
QA (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2012
Pros: the fitness center is nice...lol
Cons: bad culture, wishy washy uppr management, no set direction for company long term.
Incompetent upper management, high employee turnover and no raises are the norm at this company. Worked there 6 years and only received one cost of living raise..also, not a lot of minorities...

About The Hanover Insurance Group

The Hanover Insurance Group is an all-around property/casualty insurance holding company. Through its  Hanover Insurance Company, – Read more