The Harvard Drug Group, LLC Employee Reviews

Dont make a mistake
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 11, 2017
No second chances for small miscues. Very politically correct. Management is amateur hour. Sales pay is low for first year or two. Then its at market and above
Pros
free lunch on holidays and periodically
Cons
horrible mamagement
This company was sold, right after my job ended.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 22, 2017
I participated in Physical inventories, recalls, and returns, and accounts payables, along with my Sales orders, and daily call schedule.
I attended many trade shows, which required traveling for 3-4 days at a time.
I invoiced my own orders.
I assisted my team with their daily calls and orders.
It was a great company to work for!
Pros
I enjoyed working here!
Order Processing (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 21, 2017
Get your equipment on Have a short meeting, then hit the line pulling the correct amount of product from the correct location and put it into a tub and send it up to be packaged for shipping. Some people work harder than others Some just don't care as to why they are there. The management were very involved in the day to day of the people. Hardest was getting all the product pulled and processed at the cut offs times in order to make it to shipping company.
Everyone pulled together as a team to get the work done
Pros
extra holiday lunches- pizza days
Cons
short breaks
Stay away unless you like being laid off
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLApril 21, 2017
The business has no sign on the door. That should have been my first hint. Training involved irrelevant items to the actual job and we spent two weeks in class.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
They say you have insurance the first day - big lie
poor leadership
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 28, 2017
The job was not so bad but the management team and leadership was very poor seems like everyone didn't know what to do or how to treat their employees.
Never Give a 2 week notice
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 24, 2015
Daily meeting for about 15 minutes about nothing, they want you to make 80+ calls a day to sell generic pharmaceuticals. Your Micro managed watch every move you make just can't breath, co-workers were probably the only positive about the position. When the company was bought out the hours and compensation was changed but not to benefit the employee's. I gave them my 2-week notice right before Christmas and they made a business decision to let that day be my last day. I thought I was doing the right thing by letting them know but the manager was out right mean about it said that he was not going to get in a debate on whether I made the right choice giving my notice that I could either respect the decision or not. I would not recommend this company to anyone, the turnover rate is high and you are not valued.
Pros
Pto, Insurance
Cons
Pay, Hours, Management
A great place for a young professional to learn how to conduct business to business relationship.
inside sales representative (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSDecember 3, 2015
A meeting in the morning, to learn what products are moving or specials for the day. Then spend the rest of your day making 80 phone calls and 3 hours on the phone calling existing and potential clients.
Pros
Great co workers, managers wanting you to succeed.
Cons
A lot of rejections, and negativity.
It is what it is.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 29, 2015
9-5 monday-friday - cold calls your co-workers are all out for themselves, toxic environment, this is no way to make a living
Pros
free food, free candy
Cons
no breaks, set up to be fired in 6 months
Good Company, Good People
National Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2015
The Harvard Drug Group, LLC was a good company to work for. Good people, OK Pay, but Benefits were limited. Employees were very limited on access to the Warehouse.
Pros
Cons
HealthCare, Limitations on Access To Warehouse
Co-workers
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 15, 2015
The co-workers were the best thing about the company
all the potential to be a great work place if upper and lower management work together to create a level playing field for all employees
Pros
Co-workers friendly and encouraging
Cons
Micro managing, assigned lunch times, there is no level playing field in regards to customer acquisition
Good work enviornment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 10, 2015
Fast paced; clean work spaces; allowed to work individually to achieve goals; They were very concerned with individual results and those of us who performed well got premium bonus.
Great people to work with. Limited potential for growth and advancement.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 10, 2015
Tasks at work revolve heavily around the Fiscal Calendar. Daily, weekly & monthly reports were an essential part of the job. I was able to gain some great experience through daily interactions with the Executive Leadership Team. The hardest part of the job was prioritizing tasks with multiple departments requiring different information. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people.
Pros
Attendance policies are fairly lenient for salary employees
Cons
Limited potential for advancement within the company
Good atmosphere in the office
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSJune 7, 2015
People at the office are great. The job can be stressful at times, but the people help to alleviate the stress level at work.
great people... Nice place to work if you really need a job
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  livonia MiApril 30, 2015
I enjoy the pharmaceutical industy. Great work!
Worked in Livonia. I hate to speak bad on a company but the management of the company is in complete disarray. No structure, terrible training program.
Micromanagement, no opportunity for advancement, bad pay
ISR (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 7, 2015
You start with a 2 week training period where you learn the systems, learn pharmaceuticals, and completely waste your time. When you start working, your hours will be M-F 9am-6pm. First hour of the day is spent in a pointless meeting. The next 7 hours are spent calling pharmacies that have been called 100+ times by other Harvard employees trying to get them to buy generic pharmaceuticals, while your managers yell out " I have 2 people on the phone". The two managers are very nice but know nothing about pharmaceuticals ( they were brought in from waste management since no real pharmaceutical professional would take the job) and are the biggest micromanagers in the world. The Phoenix office has been there for one year now, has hired 34 people but only have 10 employees now. The average length of time someone works here is less than 4 months. Upper managements main goal now is to improve retention, but the only way to do that is to improve the commission structure and bring in real management. The commission plan is a joke; do not expect to make over 33k. There is one person in the PHX office that makes over 33k and that is because he is spoon fed all the good accounts. Speaking of retention, the CEO quit 3 weeks ago. If you wanna be back on the job hunt in about 4 months take this job.
Pros
Free red bull
Cons
Micromanaged, low pay
Not Enough Time Working There
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 4, 2015
I worked at Harvard as a paid intern and I was satisfied with my job. I did basic work part-time so I did not receive benefits. However, the work experience, the things I learned, and the people I worked with was a good internship worth experiencing over the summer.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Ended too soon
Great place and people to work with - glad I joined the team!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 14, 2015
Expectations of what is required of you are clear and very reasonable compared to other employers

Recognition is provided in the form of rankings, contest, daily, weekly and monthly sales meeting shot outs etc....

Reasonable hours during the work week, no weekends required

Great work life balance

Work environment is new, clean and professional.

Managment cares about you as an individual and wants to see you succeed

Benefits are awesome; typically medical, dental, vison but also pet insurance, PTO, Sick and Vac time that is accured much faster than most employers. Nice break room with cool furniture and big screen TV and all vending machines everything is .50, the company pays the difference for you
Pros
Very enjoyable work environment, great people and fun place to work
Cons
The very OLD post on this website are not giving this company the credit it deserves
Great Company for people who want a rewarding career in sales!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 13, 2015
The company is focused on growing the business and developing people. The inside sales job is challenging and exciting at the same time. Great earning potential for people who want to control what they make.

Great benefits offered for the position. Monday through Friday hours and NO WEEKENDS!!

The management team is constantly working on finding ways to improve the business as well as helping associates grow professionally.
Pros
The people, hours, benefits, and most importantly the earning potential
sales account
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 6, 2015
cold calling, inside sales rep, daily, weekly and monthly goals. a typical day was eight hours making calls to pharmacies to sell our products. One way they motivated their employees was with gift cards and free lunches.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
management
Not worth your soul and family
Employee (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 22, 2014
The pay is ok but, by far, not the best. Forget about having a set schedule or spending time with your family. Regardless of the position, you will be required to work obscure hours. If you're salary, forget about your family, vacations, personal time or having that "life" people always speak of. Most of the upper management was fired from their previous places of employment and this is their chance to make a difference but at your expense. Personal responsibility is on the 2nd grade level, do not expect anyone to back you or anyone else (it truly is every man for himself). It is very obvious that the company is only receiving money for operations in an effort to be sold. All the catchy company mottos and posters are just window dressing, they are not core values. If you are looking for a place to advance your career this is not the place.

Hardest part of the job, having your ideas taken and not given any credit. This is detrimental when you are building a career.

The most enjoyable part of the job, seeing it in the rearview mirror as you leave.
Pros
Cons
Weak benefits, obscene hours, marginal pay, no support, very cutthroat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Harvard Drug Group, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9