The Harvard Drug Group, LLC

The Harvard Drug Group, LLC Employee Reviews in United States

Never Give a 2 week notice
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 24, 2015
Daily meeting for about 15 minutes about nothing, they want you to make 80+ calls a day to sell generic pharmaceuticals. Your Micro managed watch every move you make just can't breath, co-workers were probably the only positive about the position. When the company was bought out the hours and compensation was changed but not to benefit the employee's. I gave them my 2-week notice right before Christmas and they made a business decision to let that day be my last day. I thought I was doing the right thing by letting them know but the manager was out right mean about it said that he was not going to get in a debate on whether I made the right choice giving my notice that I could either respect the decision or not. I would not recommend this company to anyone, the turnover rate is high and you are not valued.
Pros
PTO, Insurance
Cons
Pay, Hours, Management
It is what it is.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 29, 2015
9-5 monday-friday - cold calls your co-workers are all out for themselves, toxic environment, this is no way to make a living
Pros
free food, free candy
Cons
no breaks, set up to be fired in 6 months
Good Company, Good People
National Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2015
The Harvard Drug Group, LLC was a good company to work for. Good people, OK Pay, but Benefits were limited. Employees were very limited on access to the Warehouse.
Pros
Cons
HealthCare, Limitations on Access To Warehouse
Co-workers
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 15, 2015
The co-workers were the best thing about the company
all the potential to be a great work place if upper and lower management work together to create a level playing field for all employees
Pros
Co-workers friendly and encouraging
Cons
Micro managing, assigned lunch times, there is no level playing field in regards to customer acquisition
Good work enviornment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 10, 2015
Fast paced; clean work spaces; allowed to work individually to achieve goals; They were very concerned with individual results and those of us who performed well got premium bonus.
Great people to work with. Limited potential for growth and advancement.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 10, 2015
Tasks at work revolve heavily around the Fiscal Calendar. Daily, weekly & monthly reports were an essential part of the job. I was able to gain some great experience through daily interactions with the Executive Leadership Team. The hardest part of the job was prioritizing tasks with multiple departments requiring different information. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people.
Pros
Attendance policies are fairly lenient for salary employees
Cons
Limited potential for advancement within the company
Good atmosphere in the office
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSJune 7, 2015
People at the office are great. The job can be stressful at times, but the people help to alleviate the stress level at work.
great people... Nice place to work if you really need a job
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  livonia MiApril 30, 2015
I enjoy the pharmaceutical industy. Great work!
Worked in Livonia. I hate to speak bad on a company but the management of the company is in complete disarray. No structure, terrible training program.
Micromanagement, no opportunity for advancement, bad pay
ISR (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 7, 2015
You start with a 2 week training period where you learn the systems, learn pharmaceuticals, and completely waste your time. When you start working, your hours will be M-F 9am-6pm. First hour of the day is spent in a pointless meeting. The next 7 hours are spent calling pharmacies that have been called 100+ times by other Harvard employees trying to get them to buy generic pharmaceuticals, while your managers yell out " I have 2 people on the phone". The two managers are very nice but know nothing about pharmaceuticals ( they were brought in from waste management since no real pharmaceutical professional would take the job) and are the biggest micromanagers in the world. The Phoenix office has been there for one year now, has hired 34 people but only have 10 employees now. The average length of time someone works here is less than 4 months. Upper managements main goal now is to improve retention, but the only way to do that is to improve the commission structure and bring in real management. The commission plan is a joke; do not expect to make over 33k. There is one person in the PHX office that makes over 33k and that is because he is spoon fed all the good accounts. Speaking of retention, the CEO quit 3 weeks ago. If you wanna be back on the job hunt in about 4 months take this job.
Pros
free red bull
Cons
micromanaged, low pay
Not Enough Time Working There
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 4, 2015
I worked at Harvard as a paid intern and I was satisfied with my job. I did basic work part-time so I did not receive benefits. However, the work experience, the things I learned, and the people I worked with was a good internship worth experiencing over the summer.
Pros
easy work
Cons
ended too soon
Great place and people to work with - glad I joined the team!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 14, 2015
Expectations of what is required of you are clear and very reasonable compared to other employers

Recognition is provided in the form of rankings, contest, daily, weekly and monthly sales meeting shot outs etc....

Reasonable hours during the work week, no weekends required

Great work life balance

Work environment is new, clean and professional.

Managment cares about you as an individual and wants to see you succeed

Benefits are awesome; typically medical, dental, vison but also pet insurance, PTO, Sick and Vac time that is accured much faster than most employers. Nice break room with cool furniture and big screen TV and all vending machines everything is .50, the company pays the difference for you
Pros
very enjoyable work environment, great people and fun place to work
Cons
the very old post on this website are not giving this company the credit it deserves
Great Company for people who want a rewarding career in sales!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 13, 2015
The company is focused on growing the business and developing people. The inside sales job is challenging and exciting at the same time. Great earning potential for people who want to control what they make.

Great benefits offered for the position. Monday through Friday hours and NO WEEKENDS!!

The management team is constantly working on finding ways to improve the business as well as helping associates grow professionally.
Pros
the people, hours, benefits, and most importantly the earning potential
sales account
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 6, 2015
cold calling, inside sales rep, daily, weekly and monthly goals. a typical day was eight hours making calls to pharmacies to sell our products. One way they motivated their employees was with gift cards and free lunches.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
management
Not worth your soul and family
Employee (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 22, 2014
The pay is ok but, by far, not the best. Forget about having a set schedule or spending time with your family. Regardless of the position, you will be required to work obscure hours. If you're salary, forget about your family, vacations, personal time or having that "life" people always speak of. Most of the upper management was fired from their previous places of employment and this is their chance to make a difference but at your expense. Personal responsibility is on the 2nd grade level, do not expect anyone to back you or anyone else (it truly is every man for himself). It is very obvious that the company is only receiving money for operations in an effort to be sold. All the catchy company mottos and posters are just window dressing, they are not core values. If you are looking for a place to advance your career this is not the place.

Hardest part of the job, having your ideas taken and not given any credit. This is detrimental when you are building a career.

The most enjoyable part of the job, seeing it in the rearview mirror as you leave.
Cons
weak benefits, obscene hours, marginal pay, no support, very cutthroat
Inside Sales
inside sales (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 10, 2014
Making outbound calls to base customers, very poor management do not take the time to properly train. You are told they will work with you until you are comfortable but then they turn you loose and no direction.
Pros
great industry
Cons
unskilled managment
ISR Account Management Glendale, AZ
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 29, 2014
Calling independent pharmacies to establish business relationship or to maintain relationship. The hardest part of the job is dealing with "potential customers" that have been called so often by other representatives that they are angry at the company. The hardest part of the job was dealing with micro-management from the first day on the floor. Management was unprofessional, micromanaged, and had no compassion. Many of my co-workers expressed dissatisfaction with the company and work environment, but other than that were mostly a pleasure to be around.
Pros
good benefits after 90 days
Cons
management
Pleasant company in which to work.
Credit Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 12, 2014
Management encourages employee opinions. Co-workers are very cooperative and helpful.
Understanding the aspects of working in the warehouse industury.
Stock and Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 5, 2014
I really enjoyed the job of processing and packing orders. Very fast paced environment. Managers always willing to help out. Advancing to different departments to learn more about each department.
Pros
management noticing your abilities to improve.
Cons
not enough team work with managers and other employees.
I do not recommend working here unless you are desperate
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 2, 2014
Do not work here unless you are in absolute need of a job. The base pay is $10 per hour and commissions are a fraction of a percent of what you really make for the company. Management has no clue what they are doing. The competition blows this company out of the water, which makes sales very hard. Sales manager have no experience or education in the industry, and they have there favorites who make all the money. If you are not one of their favorites you will get no where in this company. There is absolutely no room for advancement. Just note it should be a red flag to you why this company is hiring all the time. Because they can not keep any one there.

I would bet any money that more than half of the management does not even know what the generic for Keppra is.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
micromanaged, terrible training program, favortisim, listo goes on an on
Only worked there for a short time but loved it
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 27, 2013
I worked there for a short time but this was my favorite job & i met a lot of nice people. I had good experiences & bad but that's everywhere.
Pros
loved my manager & a/p leader
Cons
new management