The HCI Group Employee Reviews

Difficulties in getting responses from recruiter
EPIC Credentialed Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 15, 2017
This company combines the recruiter's role to include being the "go to" person for everything. My recruiter was spotty in getting back to me on certain issues. Also, the project I am on is very difficult and we have asked the company reps to help support us which they have not done.
Great Company for Contract Work
Tier 1 Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 13, 2017
I was brought in as a Tier 1 support member and was treated as a valuable member of the team from day one. On site supervisors were knowledgeable and approachable.
Pros
Education opportunities and free lunch
Cons
Short Term Work
Lying, Incompetent Management
Go-Live consultant (Former Employee) –  NationalAugust 8, 2017
This company pays at minimum 20% less per hour than other companies. The consultants are treated like dirt and the project managers don't know what they are doing. It is a mess.

If any company hires HCI for a go-live beware. The consultants have made a pact with each other to do the absolute bare minimum when on site. They will not go out of their way to help the doctors and nurses. You will be screwed!
Average Consulting Firm
Go Live Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 16, 2017
HCI is just like any other consulting firm except they pay the worst and you must complete at least 80 hours to receive the $12/hr "kicker" that would still equal less than the average payer.
Most of the consultants hired are not experienced, knowledgeable, have any clinical/IT background, or professional.
Since most of the consultants are not professionals, the employees are micromanaged and results in a stressful work environment.
HCI also provides the worst accommodations for hotel and transportation. The hotels are cheap and most consultants have to share car rentals.
Not the best place
Corporate Services (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 17, 2017
Manangement does not care for the employees. But it depends which department you are in. Claims is very crazy but Customer service seems to know how to treat their staff.
A job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2017
I just did my job .I pulled orders for shipping.Restocked inventory.Utilizes forklift.Loading/unloading trucks.
This was the 1st job I got after moving down to fl.I have a 40 yr old down syndrome sister.My mom was having a hard time lifting her and needed help .
I was very surprised to find it took me 3 months to find a job.I kind of stayed to myself, it was a bit of a culture shock for me.I am from brooklyn and we tend to be a little louder, so I stayed to myself and did my job, so people wouldn't take me the wrong way.
The hardest part probably was not being head guy on the job.
I just learned getting used to florida's way of doing things
Pros
The weather, Meeting new people
Cons
Lower pay, Learning to start all over again
Great Place to work
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Culture is great! Great place to work! They are very family oriented and faith based. I recommend to come join us for sure!
Poor management
Consultant (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 8, 2016
Do NOT choose this as your third party consultant conpany. The onboarding process is a nightmare and they simply do not care about their consultants.
I was offered a position and started within a week. I left and have yet to ever receive an expense check. They do not care about their staff.
Pros
Contract within one week
Cons
Attrition, Lies from management
Fun work place with supportive management
Corporate Controller (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2015
Fast pace environment with exciting challenges happening everyday. The HCI Group is a full-service organization that offers a complete range of healthcare IT services that are at the forefront of industry trends. Our solutions are tailored for you so that you gain the most value using cost-effective solutions. We focus holistically on every client’s needs and offer experienced resources, whether consulting or permanent, to help you achieve your goals. Your success is our mission.
A Profitable Alliance
Consultant (Current Employee) –  .November 16, 2014
Working at The HCI group was a rewarding and a productive experienced for both my company and The HCI Group.
Overall a fun place with a ping pong table
Lead Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 3, 2014
Recruit candidates through social media, cold calls and emails. Negotiate rates with potential candidates. Train new employees with proper techniques to become successful.
Marketing and Events coordinator
Marketing and Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 7, 2014
The HCI Group in general is not a bad company to work for. Granted they are still growing and becoming more and more successful, they were in a large growth phase while I was there and kinks are still being worked out I am sure. Company's do not just become successful over night, so taking things into consideration I would recommend HCI to others.
Growing compny with good culture.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2013
Growing company that has a lot to offer. Learned much about recruiting.
Resourceful and working hard to make connections for consultants
Senior Ambulatory/Optimization Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 11, 2013
Working with The HCI Group has been short term as of now but they seem to really be concerned about keeping the Consultants busy. The recruiters are quick to respond to emails or calls and they work with other recruiters if they need too. They have lots of clients and seem to have a good relationship with the clients.
Great co-workers to work with but too much work to do and not enough people.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CADecember 16, 2012
The work environment was a relaxed atmosphere and the co-workers were great to work with. Management was clueless on the data requirements and gathering and wanted to do short cuts all the time. The project timeline was always in the red and managment was too distant from the real problems. In the end the go-live was a huge disaster and Epic had to be on-site for several weeks to help fix the problems,
Pros
co-workers where great to work with.
Cons
too much work to do and not enough people to do it.