THE HEARTH AT WINDERMERE Employee Reviews

Over worked and under staffed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INMay 12, 2015
Very over worked and under staffed. No staff appreciation and horrible management in all departments. Very low job morale and not an excellent place of employment.
No life/Work Balance - Policies are not followed- Main Office is hands off- You are on your own.
Reception. (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INApril 20, 2014
Laissez-faire leadership, 130% yearly employee turnover. community due to this. Long term staff appear burnt out- but, maybe their last stop in their career due to whatever or newly appointed position with no experience trying to further their career. Policies change daily-without notice. State board complaints filed, found substantiated, fixed then ignored. Ambiguity in policy leads to people targeting you for their errors. Most salaried employees work 12 hours or more each day through lunch, which puts pressure on those who don't.
Main office should be more involved. Business office managers should pay people who leave when they have worked their time- not deciding if they deserve it or they were liked by them. Treat all new hires the same- Policy seems not to matter - should not be yanking a job from a person who doesn't make the required 24 hour drug test screen from one- then allowing others to get their tests 48- 72 hours will cause anyone involved possible issues later.
Pros
Residents- they deserve more
Working at The Hearth of Windermere
Assistant Director of Nursing and Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INSeptember 10, 2013
Typical day at work is very busy. There was always something to do and I was always on my feet. I learned how to assist the elderly, how to manage, and how to help families cope with losing a loved one. I helped manage, and the other managers were cooperative to work with. I always worked good with my co-workers, there was not much difficulty getting along with staff. The hardest part of the job was dealing with sadness in deaths of the patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was nursing in general. Being able to take care of others is a passion of mine, and I enjoyed being able to do that at The Hearth of Windermere.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Findin reliable employees
High turnover rate due to company not being ran correctly
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INOctober 27, 2012
A typical day at work is me going to work not knowing what Im going to walk into. They have excessive call-offs. There is no teamwork and a company has to have teamwork to succeed. Management needs to be tighter and they show favorism. The best part of the job is the residents. I absolutely enjoy making them feel comfortable and making thier day. I just wish the place was ran more smoothly for thier sake.
Pros
making the residents happy
Cons
shortstaffed, lack of care and teamwork