The Henry Ford Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 2, 2017
you can make a lot of friends working there with you. you can meet people that well known famous. a lot people come there because its a part of our history, and it fun. kids love coming there, looking at the animals
Pros
free food
Cons
the years of tardiness
Fun job with passionate people
historical presenter (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 2, 2017
Very interesting fun workplace with great culture. The pay isn't anything to write home about but that's not why most work there. Educating the public feels amazing.
historic warm inviting eventful environment
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 31, 2017
I've have learned so much while being here at the Henry Ford. This 1850 time setting is a time travel of history. We serve family setting meals for travelers all over to enjoy together from our 1850's original recipes.
Pros
Free Lunch
Great to work on social skills
Friday to mentor second graders (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 6, 2016
I worked with little kids and it was amazing because I got to practice my social skills. I use to be terrible with kids and not be able to communicate well and now I feel extremely comfortable.
Great environment decent Co workers
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 26, 2016
Worst management I have ever encountered in my many years being in the work force. They are demeaning, lie and many unfit for there position. Fun place other than management lots of wildlife . But really no future advancements based on who you know not what you know
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Management needs some serious training
Family friendly enviroment
Supervisor in Food Service (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 19, 2015
While working at The Henry Ford I meet different families and see familiar faces everyday. Some become members and I really enjoy seeing the outlook of everything after putting hard work into everything that I do and us as a whole. I really enjoy leaving everyone with a experience to remember rather its a smile, food, or great hospitality.
Pros
Any needed time to attend school and take care of family
Cons
pay could be more
Interesting work with fun co-workers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 20, 2015
A day at The Henry Ford/Greenfield Village could be relaxed or hectic. EMS runs were common and had to be taken care of quickly, while lost children were generally less harrowing.
A Fun and Unique Place to work
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 31, 2015
Upbeat coworkers as well as the opportunity for meeting and helping a variety of people from all over the world. I get to work a multitude of different jobs everyday.
Great Place to Work
Guest Services Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 25, 2015
This is the place that you get a chance to work with history, and see the wonders of it. One of the best things about it is the great work environment, it makes you feel as if you are part of a large family.
Good Experince
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  dearbornJuly 6, 2015
it was a pretty simple job, but if you have food allergies I would recommend telling them ahead of time and being very nice.
Management who is hateful and doews not payattention to employees
food service (Former Employee) –  greenfield villageJuly 4, 2015
Worked for about five years....management does not pay attention to employees, but turns problems back on employees..."they complain about you also"...I had to prosecute an employee who poisoned me....its on file in Dearborn...management embarrasses you infront of other employees and visitors...
Pros
Loved the visitors
Cons
management is immature and does not care
The Henry Ford Experience
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 6, 2015
Management works with employees as a team. I learned that the people make The Henry Ford an unique experience. Love the environment surrounding this place. Everyday offers a different yet interesting situation.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
short breaks
The Henry Ford
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 5, 2015
Fun place to work, especially if you like history. Co-workers are great and management works well with you.
Historical Presenter
Living History Presenter (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 21, 2014
Interpreted living history to public while in period dress on an 1880's farm. Trained new staff in accurate content information and provided feedback to enhance performance and increase visitor satisfaction. Learned how to drive a Model T, cooked on a wood/coal stove and cared for livestock. Oversaw care, handling and planning of museum's historical collections. In charge of set up and take down of special events such as Halloween and Holiday Nights.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
wages
You never know what youre day will hold
Receptionist / Host (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 25, 2014
Lots of events and guests. New food/movies/objects on display. Fun environment, good workers.
Great
Creative Programs (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 29, 2014
My days in creative programs changed drastically from day to day. Several things to prepare for whilst also managing currently running events. I learned to do so many things on the job, driving stick shift/antique vehicles, building and tearing down things, and while you are at a place aimed at teaching history in some form or another, u just learn a lot in general.
Educational environment
Retail Sales /Stock -The Greenfield Village Store (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 27, 2014
This job helped me focus on the of Michigan Motor company, Very educational. My role in this company was to be a cashier, and the duties of being a cashier included handling large sums of money
Awesome coworkers, terrible conditions
Warehouse Stocker (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 29, 2014
I worked here for six months before needing to head out to Seattle for school. It was a place with great employees, but the management seemed so stressed and disorganized that it was hard for anything to get done without someone getting yelled at.

I gave the management three stars, still, because they were good people with the right motivations. It had more to do with the scale of the work and the relative uncertainty they had in themselves. Also, it was a long time ago.
I loved working here!
Banquet Cook (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 7, 2014
It is such a unique place to work. The people are great! Long hours but it was worth it.
Pros
Family like relationships
Cons
No room for advancement.
Busy but controlled environment.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 13, 2014
Assisted customers. Stocked area.Kept it clean. Well organization and managers kept employees motivated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Henry Ford. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2