The Henry Ford Employee Reviews in United States

Interesting work with fun co-workers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 20, 2015
A day at The Henry Ford/Greenfield Village could be relaxed or hectic. EMS runs were common and had to be taken care of quickly, while lost children were generally less harrowing.
A Fun and Unique Place to work
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 31, 2015
Upbeat coworkers as well as the opportunity for meeting and helping a variety of people from all over the world. I get to work a multitude of different jobs everyday.
Great Place to Work
Guest Services Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 25, 2015
This is the place that you get a chance to work with history, and see the wonders of it. One of the best things about it is the great work environment, it makes you feel as if you are part of a large family.
Good Experince
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  dearbornJuly 6, 2015
it was a pretty simple job, but if you have food allergies I would recommend telling them ahead of time and being very nice.
Management who is hateful and doews not payattention to employees
food service (Former Employee) –  greenfield villageJuly 4, 2015
Worked for about five years....management does not pay attention to employees, but turns problems back on employees..."they complain about you also"...I had to prosecute an employee who poisoned me....its on file in Dearborn...management embarrasses you infront of other employees and visitors...
Pros
Loved the visitors
Cons
management is immature and does not care
The Henry Ford Experience
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 6, 2015
Management works with employees as a team. I learned that the people make The Henry Ford an unique experience. Love the environment surrounding this place. Everyday offers a different yet interesting situation.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
short breaks
The Henry Ford
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 5, 2015
Fun place to work, especially if you like history. Co-workers are great and management works well with you.
Historical Presenter
Living History Presenter (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 21, 2014
Interpreted living history to public while in period dress on an 1880's farm. Trained new staff in accurate content information and provided feedback to enhance performance and increase visitor satisfaction. Learned how to drive a Model T, cooked on a wood/coal stove and cared for livestock. Oversaw care, handling and planning of museum's historical collections. In charge of set up and take down of special events such as Halloween and Holiday Nights.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
wages
You never know what youre day will hold
Receptionist / Host (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 25, 2014
Lots of events and guests. New food/movies/objects on display. Fun environment, good workers.
Great
Creative Programs (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 29, 2014
My days in creative programs changed drastically from day to day. Several things to prepare for whilst also managing currently running events. I learned to do so many things on the job, driving stick shift/antique vehicles, building and tearing down things, and while you are at a place aimed at teaching history in some form or another, u just learn a lot in general.
Educational environment
Retail Sales /Stock -The Greenfield Village Store (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 27, 2014
This job helped me focus on the of Michigan Motor company, Very educational. My role in this company was to be a cashier, and the duties of being a cashier included handling large sums of money
Awesome coworkers, terrible conditions
Warehouse Stocker (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 29, 2014
I worked here for six months before needing to head out to Seattle for school. It was a place with great employees, but the management seemed so stressed and disorganized that it was hard for anything to get done without someone getting yelled at.

I gave the management three stars, still, because they were good people with the right motivations. It had more to do with the scale of the work and the relative uncertainty they had in themselves. Also, it was a long time ago.
I loved working here!
Banquet Cook (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 7, 2014
It is such a unique place to work. The people are great! Long hours but it was worth it.
Pros
family like relationships
Cons
no room for advancement.
Busy but controlled environment.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 13, 2014
Assisted customers. Stocked area.Kept it clean. Well organization and managers kept employees motivated.
Best place I have ever worked
Historic Presenter (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MichiganDecember 27, 2013
With the exception of making minimum wage with very few hours, this was the most rewarding job imaginable. Putting in hard work to make the worksite beautiful, while teaching children the differences between today and the year you were portraying while simultaneously allowing the older generations to reflect on their own childhood and things they experienced growing up that they could now witness happening in front of them. Extremely rewarding and fulfilling place to work.
Pros
fantastic and wonderful
Cons
wage and hours
Excellent place to work
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 22, 2013
Working at the Henry Ford has been a great experience for me. I've met so many great people working there. Every day, you're doing something different from the previous day, but all shifts are enjoyable. The only reason I am even looking for another job is because I am not making enough there. Other than the pay, the workplace is great.
Pros
friendly coworkers, friendly managers, fun shifts, laid back atmosphere
Cons
almost minimum wage
America's greatest attraction
Food Service Associate/ Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 6, 2013
I met people from all over Brazil, Asia, China, London, some entertainers I mean the henry ford had some of everything in the building. I enjoy working here I have great co-workers and we all do team work and help each other love it.
fun place to work
food service csr (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 15, 2013
it is a fun place to work and great people to work with, alot of public interaction
Fun place to work; wonderful coworkers.
Lead Tenor (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 8, 2013
This place is one of the best work environments I have ever found. The coworkers are wonderful, and the management simply makes it a joy to come to work every day. A typical day for my position involves singing regularly scheduled shows and performing for visitors. This job has taught me to think on my feet, and to work around problems whenever necessary. The hardest part of the job can sometimes be maintaining the energy level necessary to really perform well, while the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to sing with a wonderful group of singers and coworkers.
Pros
great environment; you get to sing!
Cons
the job requires a lot of energy
Productive workplace, never gets boring!
Event Sales (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJune 10, 2013
Typically respond to prospective client emails and phone calls, client site tours etc.