HJF is seeking a Clinical Research Nurse Care Facilitator to work at the Deployment Health Clinical Center (DHCC) located at Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center at Fort Hood, Texas. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to DHCC.
The core mission of the U.S. Department of Defense, Deployment Health Clinical Center, is to improve deployment-related health by providing caring assistance and medical advocacy for military personnel and families with deployment-related health concerns. DHCC serves as a catalyst and resource center for the continuous improvement of deployment-related healthcare across the military healthcare system and the Center is a component of the Defense Center of Excellence (DCoE) for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury.
The Clinical Research Nurse Care Facilitator will be responsible for recruiting, screening, consenting and following research volunteers throughout the course of the telephone-delivered treatment study. Other responsibilities include monitoring symptoms and treatment adherence, and working closely with a team of researchers, mental health specialists, primary care providers, nurses, and administrative staff The Clinical Research Nurse Care Facilitator will work directly with the study's Project Coordinator and Principal Investigators to ensure that the integrity of the study is maintained.
1. Coordinate with the primary care providers (PCPs) to recruit participants for the study and ensure continuity of care.
2. Schedule and conduct eligibility screening, including structured psychological assessments, following training by study personnel.
3. Explain the requirements and expectations for study participation and complete the informed consent process with referred participants.
4. Introduce the treatment model or the optimized primary care model according to the participant's randomization assignment.
5. Provide telephone case management of active duty soldiers participating in the study and help them engage in treatment.
6. Contact soldiers routinely via email and telephone to conduct monitoring of symptoms and progress with treatment.
7. Maintain participant record files regarding individual progress, patient adherence to treatment, treatment modifications, communications with patient/primary care provider/therapists, and operational issues arising during the study.
8. Respond to clinical emergencies as needed and as appropriate.
9. Manage participant data according to the study protocol in order to ensure participant confidentiality.
10. Participate in weekly conference calls with other research staff
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills; The ability to work with minimal supervision and function independently on a daily basis; Experience with posttraumatic stress disorder and/or research; Experience administering psychological assessments; Familiarity with the Army structures and functions; Working knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and procedures relevant to clinical research; Working knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and procedures relevant to clinical research is highly desirable and previous experience working in a military setting is an asset, but not required. Qualified candidates must be organized, possess excellent time management and communication skills, be able to work with minimal supervision and function independently on a daily basis.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor's degree in nursing
Minimum Experience: 2 to 4 years nursing experience, a minimum of one year experience working with a mental health population is required, and experience with posttraumatic stress disorder and/or research is a plus.
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of sitting, standing, escorting patients, carrying light items; may encounter patients who are confused, agitated, or abusive
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Licensed as a Registered Nurse, certified in basic cardiac life support
Work Environment: Office and clinical patient care area; this position may require some evening and on-call hours.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources
Please apply on-line at www.hjf.org/careers Click “Advanced Search” and enter job number 207902 in the Job Opening ID box. OR fax your resume to 240-314-7334. Please specify title and job number on fax.
HJF is a nonprofit medical research organization that provides support services to the military medical community and offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
For a comprehensive list of our benefits, please visit: http://www.hjf.org/careers/benefits.html
HJF administers innovative medical research, supports education and training, and facilitates collaborations between the military and private medical communities. We provide comprehensive management and scientific services for more than 1,000 basic, clinical and applied research projects conducted around the globe. We also support continuing medical education programs for more than 160 military medical research and treatment facilities, and military medical organizations.