The Heritage Foundation Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
A supportive environment where collaboration is easy to achieve and productivity flows.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2014
While people work hard, the environment is laid back. Work/Life balance is fantastic and they value personal time as much as their work. Everyone is ready and willing to help and give input, which has made acclimating smooth and growth easy. I have learned a lot about web advertisement, paper publications for print and web, the process of photo research, and the complexity of in-house design. Probably the hardest thing to do is photo research. Depending on the subject matter asked for, there are only so many photos you can find that fits the description of the photo desired. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that everything you produce directly impacts the effectiveness of the foundation and its connection to its audience.
Comfortable work environment while completing meaningful tasks
Marketing Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 27, 2013
My team was responsible for the web content. Daily we would make changes to reports before posted them online. I learned a great deal about SEO and Web analyitics reports as well as how to be productive in a fast paced and changing work environment.
Great Place to Work
Assistant Director of Personnel (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2013
Heritage is successful because it recognizes that people are indeed policy.
Excellent place to work
Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 14, 2013
A lot of good learning opportunities. Very friendly, fun work environment.
My time as an intern at The Heritage Foundation I developed critical research skills and blog writing capability.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2013
A typical day at The Heritage Foundation consisted of doing research on health care policy. I was assigned to their Center for Health Policy Studies department. On a weekly basis I was assigned a task of writing blog posts for The Foundry, the Heritage Foundation's blog. The hardest part of the job was analyzing the state budget trends of the state of Ohio for a report that was published.
Pros
capitol hill experience; able to attend congressional hearings; free food
Great culture and opportunities at the most prestegious internshjip in Washington D.C.
Latin American Foreign Policy Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2012
The Heritage Foundation is a fantastic place to intern and be exposed to Washington. The opportunities for a young person to grow in their conservatism and network with all types of professionals are at your fingertips.
Pros
paid internship
Cons
n/a