The Hershey Company Employee Reviews in United States

fun environment to work in
Cash Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAApril 17, 2016
One of the most valuable things I have learned by working at Hershey's Chocolate World is customer service. We are dedicated to making sure that all of our customers have the best visit we can give them. My co workers is one of the biggest reason I have worked at the company for the past seven years. The hardest part of the job is the summer months because of us being a tourist attraction we get extremely busy which can be stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers and how we work as a team to get the job done.
Pros
the perks-discounts
Cons
management and salary
Hershey Lodge
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hershey LodgeApril 14, 2016
Management is a pretty bad especially in food and beverage I learned alot but still upper management doesn't give you the tools to be successful.
Nice place to work
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAApril 6, 2016
overall great experience. very political and hard to move up in positions. best candy company to work for. Can be demanding at times. nice atmosphere to work in.
Pros
great environment
Cons
managment
Great place to learn from very seasoned and skilled people.
Maintenance Supervisor - Tech Services (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAApril 6, 2016
Over all good place to work. There is a wealth of knowledge available if you want to better yourself.
Downsides are terrible work/life balance and no chance to advance in the maintenance profession.
Pros
Good pay and people to learn from.
Cons
No days off and no chance for advancement.
Outstanding company
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2016
Great company to work for, really care about their employees. Clear goals and objectives. Little to no direct supervision on a daily basis.
Pros
easy no pressure, great managers and support help
Steady and stable employment
Supply Planner (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAMarch 27, 2016
You can expect steady and stable employment in a lower cost of living area. Recent voluntary separation programs have the work/life balance out of kilter (because a lot of people left).
Good paying, easy to learn job
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  New Kingstown, PAMarch 10, 2016
Grab your forklift, get an order, go around the warehouse and fill the order by putting the items on a pallet, wrapping it with clear wrap, then put it on the truck.
Pros
nice work enviroment
Cons
cant think of any
work day at hershey
inspector/packer (Former Employee) –  Stuarts Draft, VAMarch 8, 2016
go in change to uniforms and have start up meeting to let you know if line is down or switching to new candy rotate every half hour to new job on your line enjoy seeing how the candy is made
Pros
sample of new candy to all employees
Cons
Great place to work if you are interested in a sales career
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2016
Great company, recommend the role if you are interested in Sales as a career. Be willing to relocate as well. Job covers a territory of 30 stores that you are responsible for driving sales in
Pros
Company Car, paid over time hours
Cons
You do not choose where you live. Must live in sales terrtitory
Have not start ysg
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 7, 2016
Great family place, as CEO, I would like to expand the park, maybe travel,I don't work there yeg ,but I'm thinking of the future,
Pros
somrthing for everyone
Cons
need more locations
Active sales environment, both physically and mentally engaging.
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 29, 2016
The average day of wok at Hershey's includes getting up at 5:15 in the morning to be at your first store by 7 at the latest. We have iPads that track everything from your store check in time to the sales of the stores. We would deal with the management of retailers to get the product's presence as maximized as possible and help getting product out of the backroom. You learn a lot about retail and the industry, as well as how each different store works with their particular market. The other members of the sales team are what I enjoyed about the job. The team was very motivated and very willing to go out of their way and help in every way. Some of the aspects of the job that weren't very enjoyable were the long hours especially in the busy seasons (Valentines, Easter, Halloween, Christmas) and the physicality factor of heavy lifting. Most of the job was very autonomous and solo, with the exception of dealing with management in the beginning of the store visit. Although we met with the team about once a month, it would have been nice if there was more opportunities to collaborate with the team.
Pros
The team was great a well as benefits.
Cons
Long hours, not very collaborative.
Great pay
Line operator, Alvey operator (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAFebruary 13, 2016
Great pay but mandatory overtime. During the week and weekends. Hot and cold working environments at the Reese plant. Some language barriers between employees.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
A helpful environment with a lot of opportunities to grow and learn
CSI, Retail Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of working with my team to improve the efficiency of the Hershey Retail Sales Reps routes. I learned a lot about data analysis and the importance of continuous improvement. This was a wonderful company to work for and I enjoyed my experience very much.
It was a place of employment
Wastewater Operator (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAFebruary 4, 2016
It was a place to work. They are not the same company that they use to be. Employees were required to work long hours and many worked 7 days a weeks for weeks on end.
Company with high ethical standards and conduct. A place to grow your career.
Senior HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 28, 2016
Employee Relations Activities
Engagement
Strategic Business Meetings

Learned about the confectionary business

Co-workers are very kind and considerate

Hardest thing: Hourly workers do not always have a realistic view of what it means to be a Global Corporation and how Hershey much change in order to grow.

Helping people solve problems if the best part of the job
Pros
great pay and benefits, good environment
Sweet Company
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2016
As a whole, Hershey is an outstanding company to work for and does its very best at taking care of employees. The people you are surrounded with are second to none which makes for a very friendly environment to work in.
Pros
#1 confection company, company vehicle, good benefits, fun team environment
Cons
salary compensation, difficult career advancement
very Firstt Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 14, 2016
loved the people that i worked with and i was never in the same station. the hardest things was closing in the ice cream section but other would help after they closed there own section. the most enjoyable part was meeting customers from different locations
Great individuals to work with. Management needs work.
Personnel Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Robinson, ILJanuary 11, 2016
I pretty much worked with supervisors and my co worker. I had schedules to produce for the week. I worked at my own pace. I had my own routine. I attended meetings. I worked with numerous schedule changes I had to put in employees time management. I do believe that Hershey's management team needs a lot of work. As far as my co workers I loved them and their support was great. I enjoyed working days and working at my own pace without someone standing over me. I feel like my job was important, even though the support wasn't there when needed.
Energetic, Fun and sales Oriented
Representative (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 4, 2016
Sales driven, time management and goal oriented. Distribution sales are based on prearranged sales, working with store owners for sales performance. Usually working with 10 to 15 customers per day.
Pros
Free chocolate !
Cons
Allowing space in own home.
Great Benefits and Pay
Assoc. Manager, Digital Foundations (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PADecember 22, 2015
The Hershey Company is a solid company, with an eye on growth and the future. It's chocolate. Who doesn't love chocolate?