The Hershey Company Employee Reviews

Productive and Friendly Atmosphere
Human Resources Leadership Development Program (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 18, 2017
At Hershey, I enjoy such perks as a casual dress policy, a flex work policy, and a generous military leave policy.

Hershey has great people who always greet you with a smiling face and an eagerness to help. I have thoroughly enjoyed the relationships I have built during my time here.
if you want to make money and have no life
Packer (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJanuary 15, 2017
the only care in this company in Hazleton is to get as much candy out as possible. there is no work life/balance. you will work 7 days/week 8-12 hours a day. even the temps .
Pros
decent money but after taxes
Cons
you might as well live here, oh you do
Productive and fun place to work
SAP CRM Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 13, 2017
Good Company to work and better work life balance with more productive and quality work. Can learn different areas of the IT environment there.
Fun workplace
Bake Shope Attendent (Former Employee) –  Hershey's Chocolate World, PAJanuary 11, 2017
I loved working for the Hershey Company because I got to explore and get adapted to various types of cultures and ideas. I met a lot of people there that I now call my friends. The hardest part of the job was standing for so long. My feet were sore sometimes but I slowly got used to it. I learned how to be motivated to get things done, and how to work effectively under pressure. There were days in the summer where we would get slammed with tourist, and we would have to scramble to get things baked off. ( I worked in the Bake Shop in Chocolate World) A typical day at work consisted of coming into a well formatted and efficiently ran plan. We all had list prepared with things that needed to get done and we would work on those things for the shift. If we got done early we would help out somewhere else, or start washing the dishes, because they pile up quick! At the end of the day, we take an inventory of what we have left so we can give those number to the morning shift of the next day so they know how much of what to make. We would sometimes have to throw out products because we make out pastries daily, and they can get stale very quickly, which is why it is a science and process when it comes to baking too much or not baking enough.
Pros
Free candy on breaks, 50% off food, 20% off of merchandise
Cons
On your feet a lot, tourist who speak different languages.
Great place to work but management lacks vision
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 10, 2017
Great day to day work but leadership is lacking. Management not sure where the company is going or how to get there. Almost as if part of the company got lost along the way. Perhaps to much turnover.
Pros
Comfortable atmosphere
Cons
Managers look for someone to blame when things go wrong
Hershey
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 6, 2017
Excellent company, excellent culture, opportunity for advancement. Representing great brands, working with great people, very competitive, but team environment.
Pros
culture
Cons
travel
Too much overtime
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Stuarts Draft, VAJanuary 6, 2017
The production facilities have a terrible work life balance. Many production lines are seven days a week and overtime is required.
fun but diffcult
Dishwasher/Steward (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 1, 2017
didn't learn anything new, management was good till you started to tire yourself out. it was enjoyable talking to the co-workers but difficult to finish dishes due the machine almost alway breaking down.
Franchise Ice Cream stroe - Awful
Cashier/Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDDecember 28, 2016
There was terrible management. This means employees are responsible for dealing with customers who get upset when there are not enough spoons, ice cream cups, or certain kinds of cones for example. The hygienic practices were just good enough, I learned how to operate a basic cash register, I gained experience working and communicating with people who did not speak English very well. I was underpaid, as were some employees who may not have even been legally allowed to work in the U.S.
Horrible place to work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 11, 2016
Have their workers working way to much never really have time off to see their kids won't change over time from mandatory to optional, not very many chances to advance and not high enough pay for how many hours they are making their workers work
Pros
Free candy
Cons
Short breaks, to many hours in one week
Easy work, fun environment but questionable management
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2016
Typical day was logging waste and write-offs and generating reports. It's pretty rare for anyone to get full time hours and benefits are practically nonexistent, aside from the discount.
Pros
Good team environment.
Cons
No raises for most employees, little in the way of benefits
Fun little boutique
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PADecember 3, 2016
This franchise generally has a warm and cozy atmosphere. One of the main priorities is customer service, this company will teach you how to be a personable seller.
Great P/T job, very flexible Great for Retirees, Awesome company
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 30, 2016
You only allowed to work 20-25 a week M- T
Management is great, you meet with them once a month, usually.
you come in contact with co-workers just by phone or meetings. You have to be self starter,
the most enjoyable part of the job is you work alone most of the time. and from home.
Pros
free candy
Cons
working out in the field winter months
fun product
Customer Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 22, 2016
ok management and the product was fun to sell but there is a ton of pressure to perform. Prices of products keep rising making it a challenge to sell.
Pros
fun product
picking packing clerk specilist
Clerk Typist II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 18, 2016
tying and printing orders, midnight paper work sometimes I was the lead very dependable and reliable , great team member I organized orders, found missing orders dispatched truck loads and always prepare paperwork for the drivers and shipping product.
Pros
over time, learning experience
Cons
short braks
Hershey Review
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTNovember 15, 2016
Learned planning and organizing priorities to execute plans in my stores
Learned consultative selling techniques
Learned personal management skills
Learned account management skills and customer relationship building

Hardest Part: Organizing and planning priorities to improve store sales
Enjoyable Part: Independence on work activity
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Work Alone
Retail Sales Representative
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARNovember 4, 2016
Overall, I would recommend this job to someone who doesn't mind traveling a lot. It's a very large territory and honestly, too much for one person to cover. Management wise, there was a transition shortly after I started and I didn't have a manager for 3 months. This was at the very beginning of my job and I felt like I didn't receive enough training before the management transition. Once a new manager was hired I felt like he wasn't very invested or cared about me or my territory. Job is designed for someone who doesn't mind traveling and who also doesn't mind working early mornings and late nights during holidays. Pay is competitive along with benefits, but in my opinion not worth it when it comes to job stress.
Pros
Competitive pay, benefits, company car
Cons
Long hours, work with Walmart
fun atmostphere
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 2, 2016
too much responsibility for the pay. on call 24/7 would have to go into work at 0300 on a day off just to fill a shift for 2 hours. The hardest part of the job is probably working with the upper management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship with the employees.
Pros
the employees
Cons
the mangement
Great place to grow
Field Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 31, 2016
They really work hard to get you to a professional level people will respond to. They will bring you into their company and from day one treat you like a part of the team.
Fun to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hershey Park, PAOctober 26, 2016
Great place to work at and a lot of great people to work with. There are only a few cons I have about working here is not enough pay for what we do. Another is they hire a lot of kids so when they go back to school they are very short staffed which makes for doubles a lot of days for you. Other than that very fun to work with the people there and love to interact with the guests. Great place to work
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hershey Company. Our community is ready to answer.

78%