The Hershey Company

The Hershey Company United States Employee Reviews

Hershey
Manager (Current Employee), Hershey, PANovember 14, 2014
Hershey is a great company to work for. They have done a nice job retaining employees and promoting from within. The sales organization is full of individuals who care about the company and our customers. It is great to work with so many passionate individuals.
Great Culture
District Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), CaliforniaNovember 13, 2014
Great place to work! Management is great and comprehensive. The company likes promoting from within
Amazing place for career
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Palm SpringsNovember 12, 2014
Pros: company car, paid mileage
Cons: advancement usually means relocation
The Hershey Company really is an amazing place to start a career. It is really focused on advancing it's employees.
Great Brand Recognition
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2014
autonomous role, upward mobility only if willing to move every couple of years. good benefits
NA
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), San AntonioNovember 5, 2014
It was a great company to work for. Great pay and benefits. A lot of opportunity for advancement.
There was potential
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: challenging work, good pay (through staffing agency), good work hours, candy!
Cons: management personalities
I enjoyed the work entrusted me while employed with Hershey. It was challenging and necessary. Employee personalities did not always vibe, but for the most part the work environment was a comfortable one.
This is a great place to work.
Opening Clerk (Current Employee), Hershey, PAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: we get free tickets to give to friends and family.
Cons: we are open in all kinds of weather.
This is a great job for those who want part-time work in the summer. Supervisors work with me and allow me time to make doctor appointments and days off. I am not required to work Sundays since I do work on Saturdays. They schedule me for daytime since I take buses to work.

I greet customers and help them locate items for which they are looking. I put out stock, I keep the store clean.
fun place, great team
SALES PERSON (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 16, 2014
a great place to work if you love chocolate :D...
a great place to work if you love chocolate :D...
PRODUCTIVE AND IT'S TOO GOOD WORKING HERE
ANYTHING (Former Employee), PENNOctober 14, 2014
LIKE EVERYDAY WON'Y BE TYPICAL IF YOUR TOTALLY INVOLVED OR LOVE WHAT YOUR DOING.BUT STILL IF WE ARE DOING SOMETHING SHOULD BE DEDICATED.I LEARNT MANY THINGS TIME MANAGEMENT,HOW TO DEAL WITH DIFFERENT KINDS OF PEOPLE AND HOW THE WORLD IS AROUND US.NO MATTER HOW ARE CO-WORKERS ARE WE SHOULD MAKE THEM FEEL COMFORTABLE AND UNDERSTAND THEM THAN FOR SURE WE WILL LOVE IT.HARDEST PART IS COMPLETING THINGS ON TIME AND MOST ENJOYABLE IS CHOCOLATE AND MEETING MANY PROPLE.
Good company with nice extras - but little pay and advancement
Revenue Coordinator (Current Employee), Hershey PAOctober 9, 2014
HE&R is working to improve the "human element" but compensation and advancement opportunities are a little lacking. Classes and continued education with an emphasis on the company culture and history are mandatory. There are a lot of people who work there for 25 plus years. This speaks to the positive environment. However, it also means there are few openings.
fun job
Complex Security Officer / Evening Guard (Former Employee), Hershey, PASeptember 30, 2014
Typical security job. working multiple venues and many hours. Bag checks, checkpoints and helping patrons in the park and stadiums
The Hershey Company
Business Application Developer (Former Employee), Hershey, PASeptember 26, 2014
The internship program was still working out the kinks so I didn't get as much exposure to the entire business as I wanted. Otherwise good experience.
A day at work
Handler (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: 30 mins break are not taken out of check
Cons: the machine
A day a work is different everyday you never know what will go on, I say that because the machines you work around act very funny with you everyday. You can have the most beautiful day at work but on other days the machines would just stop working and we would have to wait on somebody to fix them.
I learn things new every day at work just by going to a new area at work and they will teach you all you need to know so you can be on point.
I never make my job hard, I always tend to stay claim and just work and have fun with it. What i enjoy about work is the people you work around its never any good times if you donut have friends to make you laugh at times at work not all the time but when that person just crake a joke Its always the laugh of the day.
A Great Place to Work
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), Robinson, ILSeptember 21, 2014
Hershey has provided me with the tools I need to be a successful HR representative. Having the ability to go back to school has been an experience that I am grateful for. I would recommend The Hershey Company to anyone who is looking for a career with a sound, stable company. Hershey will be here for many, many more years.
Not very good management or communication
Area coordinator (Former Employee), Hershey, PASeptember 4, 2014
I loved my job. My coworkers were great and the guests were awesome as well. The only thing bad about this company is management and communication. No one talks to anyone so it's a mess half he time. Other than that, it was a great job.
Excellent company
Skilled Technician (Former Employee), Hershey, Pa.August 20, 2014
Pros: specialized training
Cons: downsizing
Great benefits and job availability

Management is knowledged and fair
Good Compensation
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2014
Pros: good pay, company car
Cons: short lunches, lots of lifting and stocking shelves especially in walmart
Deal with managers in food accounts and walmart. Discuss promotions and seasonal items. Fill the shelves and pack out product
Contractor
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hershey, PAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: i liked my colleagues
Cons: being a contractor
Hershey was a client, I was a contractor for System One. Good environment, Corporate life was as expected. There is a huge problem with diversity, although it is the first thing it is spoken about when you go there. As an Italian citizen, I had some issues merging with the employees there.
Leadership at the top very strong
Director (Current Employee), Hershey, PAJuly 13, 2014
Top leadership very good. Layer below is extremely old shcool
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hershey, PAMay 13, 2014
There was plenty of opportunity for advancement, at The Hershey Company, Reading Plant.

About The Hershey Company

The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY), headquartered in Hershey, Pa., is a global confectionery leader known for bringing goodness to – Read more

The Hershey Company Salaries