The Hershey Company Employee Reviews

HR is very unclear
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Stuarts Draft, VADecember 7, 2017
Throughout the hiring process they are not truthful upon what they tell you to get you to accept the job. The only thing that is truthful from HR about your employment at Hershey is the pay and and overtime availability.
Pros
cheap candy on thursdays
Cons
honesty
Productive fun place to work but very stressful
Chocolate technition (Former Employee) –  Robinson IllinoisDecember 6, 2017
Non-union plant. No enforced overtime. Uniforms and cleaning service provided free of charge. Crompany discounts on products. Personal lockers and shower facilities provided on site. In plant cafeteria providing meals on all shifts.
Pros
4-10 hour shifts per week, guaranreed, No required or enforced overtime, On site company store in which to purchase products at discount prices, Uniforms and cleaning service provided, On site cafeteria providing discount meals on all shifts, in plant weight room -excersize facility .
Cons
No union representation.
District Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2017
Great learning experience. Super training. Opportunity for advancement. You worked really hard but were compensated accordingly. Working at the retail level you were dealing with many different personalities.
Pros
Large, competive company
Cons
Can not recall a negative
A good place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Hazle Townshp, PADecember 5, 2017
Wrapped and packed candy.
Learned how to work other people.
we learned to help each other, which made our respective jobs easier.

The workplace culture was like a family once you got to know everyone.

The hardest thing was learning to keep up with the speed of the production lines.
Pros
Good breaks, paid lunch break
Relaxed work enviroment
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 29, 2017
A relaxed work environment with plenty of opportunities to advance in the company. Friendly coworkers and understanding managers and supervisors overall a great place to work.
Good Company; needs to find their way; losing good talent
Sales (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 20, 2017
Good long term vision, but is overshadowed by short term fiscally driven decisions. This is causing good talent to leave. Touting diversity of thought and smart risk taking, but most leaders are afraid to stick their neck out and make a decision.
Awesome company
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 20, 2017
I wish I did not have to quit this job, but my spouse was transferred and we moved out of state. I tried to get a position with Hershey in my new town, but they are such a great company that people stay with them and therefore positions are not available often. They really care about their employees and go above and beyond for training as well as benefits. I really felt like I mattered to them.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
My position was only available for part time
Great employees, Top managers are pretty removed
Retail Area Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 18, 2017
It is alright. I have been there a long time. I like being busy so this is a good place. VERY FLEXIBLE AVAILABILITY!!! I do not work while in classes (only have to work at least once every four months). Overall great place.
Pros
Employee persk
Enjoyable place to work
Retail area coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 18, 2017
I enjoy my job at the Hershey company which is why I have been here as long as I have. I would say like any other job it has its issues but my colleagues are great and I enjoy being there while I work. I like that it is fast paced and always changing.
Pros
colleagues, fast paced
Cons
management
Good Company
Usher (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 8, 2017
Good Company to work for. Good Management. Advance Opportunities. Good pay for part time job. Nice little incentives working for the company. Not a hard part time job.
Fun Internship
Retail Sales Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 8, 2017
I learned a lot during my 3 month internship with Hershey, such as analyzing business data and communicating with upper management. I was also given the opportunity to sell contracts into C-stores.
Daily Leadership
Team leader Backup (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 7, 2017
*Typical day includes overseeing 30 - 40 people
*Learned many things about the production process, scheduling, lean and autonomous maintenance, furthered my SAP knowledge.
*Hardest part is staying on top of a continuously evolving schedule
*Best part is the people
Production Inspector (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 6, 2017
The pay was excellent along with the benefits and advancement. The warehouse was temperature controlled and management was on top of any situation you came to them about.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
compensation much more than salary
Regional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 30, 2017
42 K is salary, but you also get time and half overtime (OT is expected), car & benefits, and a yearly bonus. With car and bonus and OT, I"m making around 80K! Management is excellent and it's easy to climb the corporate ladder. They train well. This is a great place to start.
Pros
car, compensation, and flexibility
Cons
stressful particularly around Halloween. Must be self motivated.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 26, 2017
It was fun working here. Everyone was always so friendly and were always making friends. During the summer the hours are longer but fall they close earlier.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Short break
Excellent and productive company
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 11, 2017
Company was hard at times and machine gave us problems some days but other than that this is a great company. Excellent management and employees all was respectful. It was a joy to work with this company. No major problem at all
Hershey Chocolate of Virginia
"Temp" Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Stuarts Draft, VAOctober 10, 2017
Hershey hired people they referred to as "Temps," but there were not temporary positions. They were just permanent jobs with less pay than the people who had been hired in the 1980's.
Temps were expected to do all the work, including being dropped into chocolate holding tanks, while "full-time" employees did little work.
The job environment was extremely hot, dirty, and cut-throat.
Pros
It was a job until people found something better.
Cons
100+ degree work areas, dirty, poor management, dangerous, poor morale
Fun work place, fast paced, room for growth.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 9, 2017
Fun place to work. Get certian amount of free ice cream each month. Laid back but fast paced environment to work. Good management. Lots of interaction with different peoole throughout the day.
merchandising
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 5, 2017
Great company to work for. Excellent training. Best pay and benefits for a part time position. No one looking over your shoulder. Fun job. great dealing with store owners. Respected company.
Compensation is far too low
Assistant Supervisor, Traffic Operations (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 4, 2017
Pay is incredibly uncompetitive, even for supervisors and benefits are largely nonexistent. Mid-level managers are very unorganized constantly making everything more difficult for the supervisors below them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hershey Company. Our community is ready to answer.