The Hertz Corporation

1.3K reviews

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

A fun place to work.
Transporter (Former Employee), Reno, NVAugust 30, 2015
Hertz was a great place for anyone who like to drive the latest cars & trucks on the market. It's a great part time because they will work around your schedule.
A nightmare RUN!!!!
Vehicle Service Agent (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 28, 2015
Pros: cool employees to work with. One supervisor and manager was nice
Cons: MANDATORY OVERTIME on short notice
Schedules are based on seniority all on union shift bid, to vehicle cleaners they gave only four hours notice that there was 4 hours mandatory overtime. One time they came to me at 9 pm and told me there was a mandatory meeting the next morning at 9am. The only reason I got working for at Hertz was I was a vehicle cleaner for Dollar Thrifty and Hertz came along and bought out Dollar Thrifty and made us Hertz employees removing most of our cleaning incentives that was on top of our wage. We used to make maybe 50 cents a car on top of our wage regardsless of how many cars we cleaned. I made and additional $500 to $600 a month. I resigned after 3 weeks of working there
Vehicle Service Attendant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2015
We work outdoor and assist travelers in attaining cars that better suits their needs. As long as you attain good communication skills, you can get the job done.
Fun place since it was located in the airport, met people from all over
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: meeting new people. working with a staff that liked to learn everything they could
Cons: renting cars to difficult clients on weekends, no other problems
I was the bookkeeper, so I stayed in office behind counter but still was active with customers. I helped rent out or check in clients which was always a different learning experience.
I loved working there and enjoyed my co-workers, who worked very hard and I let them have "play" time to ease stress.
Wish our family did not sell the franchise or I would still be there!
Great for Professonal Development
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: As a location manager, access to company vehicle; great benefits, as well as monthly bonuses
Cons: High employee turnover and staff shortage
Can be a fun place to work, depending on the support provided by upper management. Numbers and sales performance is a must, as well as being able to provide customer service and support. As a branch manager, the job can be very rewarding in ideal conditions. However, the high turnover and occasional lack of adequate staff can make things stressful.
terrible company
Branch Manager (Former Employee), NJAugust 24, 2015
awful management
no work life balance
bonuses don't get paid on time and the bonus plan has been changed so many times it's impossible to even earn bonuses
offices understaffed
Long hot days
Automotive Mechanic (Current Employee), Humble, TXAugust 24, 2015
Pros: many hours
Cons: no free time, too much overtime
I love the kind of work i do at hertz but the long mandatory overtime is a killer. sometimes we work 12 hours every day of the week nonstop! In this heat i speak for many by saying, enough is enough! I don't get much time with my family who just added a member, my son. Hertz does not understand or care about their employees outside life. The only enjoyable part of the job is the money but you'll be too tired at the end of the week to spend any!
Most enjoyable part of my job!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAAugust 24, 2015
The most enjoyable part about working as a Hertz Return Representative I was able to meet people from all different backgrounds of life. I really got the opportunity to express my customer service skills in a fast pace environment.
Both relaxed and stressful
branch manager (Former Employee), houma, laAugust 20, 2015
Pros: fun cars, good coworkers
Cons: sales pressure, tedious logs
Working with Hertz started great but lately management has changed. The laid back atmosphere gave way to an endless number of logs and metrics. Overall, Hertz is a good company though and can be very understanding.

Typical day involves conference calls, customer service doing rentals as well as handling issues, logs due that day or the following, and managing fleet and reservations.

Best part of the job is driving and seeing new cars all the time. You get quite spoiled.

Hardest part is the constant pressure to reach sales numbers every moth. You don't get ahead and it is a "what have you done for me lately" attitude.

Pay is nothing exciting either.
The Company is hurting
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), TexasAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Good co workers
Cons: Pay is not very good for the amount of work you do
You assist customers with their rental needs. You will clean cars, and sell insurance to your customers. The coworkers are great, but the morale of the company has totally tanked. Hertz is struggling to get back on their feet after having to report there second quarter numbers. The company has taken a hit financially which in return the employees are suffering for it. When moving into management there isn't much of a gap in pay compared to an assistant manager versus a management trainee. Your almost better off staying an MT cause you can much more money than the assistant manager. Which is not the way a promotion should be. Also when you become a branch manager there is no reason to want to gain a bigger store because you make the same amount of money as the person running a 300 car branch versus you 150. They are doing more work for the same pay. The old pay structure Hertz had was better because you made a descent percentage off of your overall profit that the store made. Now its capped and ridiculous. Until Hertz get there pay structure right I would hold off cause you will be disappointed.
productive, intuitive, loyal, willing to go the extra mile.
Management Training program (Former Employee), Freehold, New JerseyAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Commute anywhere, can work over 40 hrs, own transportation
Responsible for opening and closing store..back office paperwork..responsible for 3 employees. Upselling products and services to customers and making sure contracts are done with 0% errors. In contact with insurance companies and send over invoices. Responsible for fleet of cars, as well as providing great customer service. I have clients and growing the branch by solidifying new accounts. I am very personable and an asset to any one. I work very hard and learn new things everyday. From knowing what little things brings back customers to learning how to run a store and how much hard work it takes.
Inbound sales at cablevision
Dynamic industry leader with a focus on continuous improvement
Human Resources (Former Employee), Park Ridge, NJAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Industry leading iconic brand
Extremely fast paced and dynamic work environment. Our department had a broad and diverse scope of responsibility. Interaction on a typical day could easily be with every single level of the organization from hourly employees to the C Suite, including the CEO. Management had to learn to grow into a faster paced environment than had been the case in years past. Those who accepted change and were open to new ideas thrived and excelled. I worked with a great team of professionals.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ft. Lauderdale, FloridaAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work for me was enjoyable, it felt like a great fit for me. I enjoy communicating with customers and answering questions they might have for the traveling they have set up. I also enjoyed building a relationship with repeat customers as well. Although this was a completely new type of role to take on, I enjoy the interaction as well as new ways to better improve my customer service skills.
First month is the greatest time doing this job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pellston, MIAugust 18, 2015
Daily you would meet some of the worst and greatest people. An many of them where customer that you seen often enough that you'd get to know them by name. Know what type of vehicle they wanted and what features they'd like.
Sales orientented and long hours
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Saint Charles, ILAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Lots of opportunity for over time
Cons: Job Work/Life Balance
Fun work place if you are decent at sales. While the hours you will work are long they can go by very fast on a busy day. If you are good in sales you can get promoted quite easy, but as all sales jobs go, you are expected to uphold the sales numbers that you get. Employees are typically in mid 20's and all have fun personalities. Every branch is different and Hertz gives a lot back to their employee's. Since they are located all over you can move to another state and still have a job with Hertz!
Not a good place to work
Staff Assistant II (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 15, 2015
I had been employed with Dollar Thrifty Group for 10 years as a Staff Assistant II, hired at that level for all of my computer skills and working knowledge of office procedures. After Hertz bought Dollar Thrifty I was made a Hertz employee and sent to work in the Maintenance Facility and my job changed totally. I would run reports, move cars around the lot and to and from the airport and to and from dealers. I ran reports for the Manager's spending.
Great Place to work
Operational/Sales Manager Hertz Equipment Rental (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: Meetings
Hardworking staffs. Managers are driven an know their business. Pay is great with many chances to grow. What I like the most about my job is the pay.
Okay place to work
Rental Management Liaison (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OklahomaAugust 13, 2015
Lots of good coworkers, lots of rules and policies. Not the best management. Incredibly strict attendance policies.Easy work and overall good work environment.
Union Job
Gold Choice Lead (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Lots of overtime in the summers
Cons: Extremely low payouts for incentives
Not a pleasant work environment. Most hand held equipment is never working properly. Little support from management.
Definite Management Issues
Director (Former Employee), Corporate HeadquartersAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Good people in middle management
Cons: C Suite and upper management do not care
A big disconnect between the people with the boots on the ground who want to do a good job and corporate management which is currently intent in destroying the company
Headquarters