The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,019 reviews matching the search
Mismanaged and incredibly poor morale
Hertz General Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 28, 2016
Layoffs for upper/Senior Management and middle manager, salary freeze, long hours with no appreciation, unrealistic goals, poor communication and simply no long term vision.

I was a decade long employee that received numerous promotions in multiple regions. I personally knew Senior Management. The company has been run poorly which cost everyone their jobs, from the CEO down. The competition from Uber and Lyft are taking business and there is no plan to find the lost business.
Pros
Car benefit
Cons
Mismanaged, poor communication, unrealistic goals, poor salary and bonus structure, very poor morale
Relaxed workplace
VEHICLE SERVICE ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2016
Our duties as a VSA are to make sure vehicles are clean to the standards of Hertz. We usually walk to the dirty cars, then pull them up to our designated pumps to clean. After we clean the vehicles, we then drive them through the car wash, and park them. We have a productivity system, which states we must clean atleast 4 cars an hour. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with the weather. Here in Atlanta it gets pretty hot during the summer and also reasonably cold during our few months of winter. The most enjoyable part of my job is as long as you're doing you don't have to worry about managers giving you a hard time.
Area Manager Responsibilities
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2016
Develop and execute effective business objectives to drive growth, profitability, and maximize sales opportunities throughout the territory. Assess operational strategies to achieve peak performance at multiple locations. Drive results to achieve business objectives through effective management and leadership for all aspects of daily operations. Maintain and create new relationships with accounts to continue to grow and increase market share. Forecast and apply pricing strategies to maximize revenue while maintaining excellent customer service levels. Perform monthly audits to verify compliance and protect company assets.
Satisfying Customers
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 31, 2016
Great place to work, sharing of knowledge, and the opportunity of advancement is always a option. I've learned customer service, changing of variety of different vehicles oils. The management team is willing to help with any problem that may occur with hands on participation. The hardest part of the job is not having enough hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers, employees and satisfying each person that walks through the door.
Fast paced, fun, exciting.
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 21, 2016
On the off season and can be very slow, but when it was season it was a lot of hustling.
I learned how to tell people what they really want to hear.
With there sales training I was truly able to progress with the company by using all the key things they taught me.
Management worked well with us and always made things fun by setting daily goals with intensives.
Working with the other employees was always fun because we would all help each other with daily goals.
The hardest part of the job was offering a product we didn't have.
Sales was a lot of fun, and working in the airport, meeting diverse people from all over the world.
it was good for what it was
Seasonal intern (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYMay 22, 2016
Hertz takes care of their people which is important. It was a busy job with lots to do and a great alternative for sitting at a desk all day staring at a computer. I enjoyed that. My manager was a little bit full of himself. He was annoyed when I did not understand the system after 2 days and was frustrated when I did not spend everyday talking and breathing the company. Also, there is a 50/50 percent chance if you mess up they will throw you under the bus. I worked hard and I loved the customers so that balanced out his nasty attitude. All in all minus my terrible manager, it was enjoyable.
Pros
lots of busy work so the day goes by quickly, good hours, fun if you like customer service and cars
Cons
rude manager, no OT
look else where for employment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MidwestJune 6, 2016
This place is ok, if you are looking to update your resume/work experience one year tops!. The Manager told me "we are in the business of sales not car rentals" wow! that saids it all. The selling of prepay fuel, and insurance is a scam, and the commission is a joke. People cheat the customers for the sake of reaching there sales goals. Management knows about this, and chooses to do nothing about it Why? because they get a bonus check. They will hire anyone to work here as long as there able to speak somewhat good english, you can't understand some of these people when they try to sell insurance to the customer its all a joke.
Pros
A check
Cons
Short lunch breaks, crabby coworkers who need to retire asap!
great teamwork environment
Sales Counter Representative (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIMay 19, 2016
The Counter Sales Representative is an essential member of the airport location team and is the brand ambassador, providing the fastest, easiest, and most valued experience to our customers. This sales commissioned team member provides world class customer service and professionally and effectively sells Hertz products and services to meet the customer’s travel needs.
Pros
discounts
Cons
over worked and under paid
Nothing fun or exciting about this place unless your new, until you find out what really goes on...
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2016
No need to waste too much time here, hands down, the Houston Hertz Maintenance facility is a place I would highly recommend avoiding... Unless you want to work 12hrs/day 6 days/week at a wage starting out at or near 10$/hr, that wont increase but by 1$ over the course of 3 years... Heed my warning and avoid this place at all cost, if you don't you'll waste your precious time and life, then realize I'm telling the truth.
Pros
Free lunches instead of raises
Cons
12hrs/day 6 days/week all_year_long
Hertz is a friendly fun place to work.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2016
Hi, To who's reading this. Well my day starts of wonderful, Why because I wake up that morning. Starting my day that way. Starting knowing that this is how I get started. So now then off to work. Now I'm at work, I go in I say good morning to everyone and clock in. Go to my job sight, say good morning again to everyone. I get myself situated. Now I'm ready to work. My job requires that I approach the customers with a positive attitude and offer them a ride back to the airport. My colleagues well they help the day go by. They make it fun and we all work together as a team. Sometime the hardest part of the job is just getting through the day, but the people I work with helps me through the day that's what makes the job most enjoyable.

Want to know more about The Hertz Corporation?

Ask a question
This is a part time job with no benefits - job security is 5 star with no chance of advancement
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 8, 2016
Transporters come to work at 8am and work as long as they like or until the job is complete. May come to work any day they want Monday through Friday. Do not have to call in when choosing not to work.

Great group of retired gentlemen to work with.

Boss is outstanding.

Pay is minimal but this is a "something to do" type of job for "pocket change".

A typical day includes moving vehicles from the return line to the overflow parking lot and from the overflow lot to various locations around the airport as well as the Norfolk airport.

There is nothing difficult about the job.
Pros
Co-workers and lack of pressure
Cons
Maybe lack of benefits and low pay
Great enviornment to work
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 7, 2016
Hertz Rent a Car was a fast pace company with a lot of growth. The staff was always helpful and the managers where always their to assist. There were a lot of overbooking because of the high volume of customers but we always found a way to resolve the issues and make our customers happy.
Pros
Discount employee benefits and union
Cons
We were never happy campers when the computers went down.
Not a lot of work gets done
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 10, 2016
Can not clean cars properly because manager did not order cleaning supplies. I never was able to take a lunch break and usually left work late. The manager isn't understanding at all and constantly requires you to be there. The hardest part of the job is not getting a break after cleaning cars all day long. The most enjoyable part is being able to listen to your music and cleaning the cars.
Pros
Cons
No lunch breaks ever
Terrible company to work for.
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOApril 23, 2016
Do not work for this company because it is being mismanaged to the point of failure. You will be hard pressed to find a company as unprofessional as this company and it sad that the founders work so hard to have their company poorly ran and completely mismanaged to failure. No true structure, no true training, no accountability set in place it all just shells of a former company that use to be good.
Hertz does not pay enough
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 13, 2016
This job is okay and one of the last resorts right out of college. Mostly for people who haven't gotten a job in their field or for those who need something right out of college. The pay is low. only 11.50 an hour when you first start. Then 13 an hour after taking your HMI test and once you become a branch manager only a 50 cent raise. I think they should at least start you out with 13 and then work your way up to 15. It's sad. not a lot of benefits either. and the new bonus plan sound horrible. Hertz is really going down hill.
Pros
not a hard job.
Cons
low pay for a college grad
Hertz employment
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 31, 2016
If you are lucky enough to work at a fully staffed location than you should do just fine. The company tends to lack in hiring enough staff for each location which puts stress on employees to perform at their job. Long work days include a lot of running around with little breaks. Average work week is about 50+ hours including Saturday shifts which can really burn an employee out.
Fast-Paced, Customer Service Focused Career
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAApril 9, 2016
As a manager trainee, I work six days a week, with a ten hour day for five days of those six days.

I learned a lot about customer service importance in a company

Managing well is very important

Work culture could be a little bit more appropriate, but this company is a very male-centered cultured job site.

I love driving different cars every day and learning new trainings as well.

I love how fast paced the environment is, and it helps keep me busy and on my toes.
Pros
Long hours and great benefits
Cons
work environment could be overwhelming and isolated at times
Productive workplace with supportive team players
Manager (Former Employee) –  3323 North Military HwyApril 4, 2016
My favorite job so far. At any point I could be opening or closing customer contracts, marketing to body shops and dealerships, picking up or dropping off customers, or cleaning rental vehicles. I enjoyed the wide variety of responsibilities bestowed upon me and the opportunity to learn a complex operating system while still managing daily operations in a customer focused business.
Pros
Excellent coworkers, customer service is top priority of business.
Cons
55-60 hour work week.
See previous review
City Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2016
The Hertz culture suited the employees that made the company great until the investment group purchased the company and took the company the Initial Public Offering route. The changes that were implemented by the all new Senior Lead Team were not at all customer and employee focused but instead Profit focused.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
New Senior Lead Team changed the culture
Tough environment for advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLMay 14, 2016
This is a difficult place to be if a person wants to get his or her work done. Once a person's role is established, there are many outside factors that dominate one's day, causing his or her time to be taken, meaning that work piles up. There is never enough time in the day, week or month to complete tasks. The constant talk from upper management is budget, budget, budget, so staff will never increase. The senior management team focuses on investors more than investing in the employees while pressuring the work force to continually produce more with less. It is a stressful environment, to say the least.
Pros
On-site gym and walking path, on-site day care and cafeteria, frequent lunch-and-learn opportunities, great people to work with
Cons
Pressure from upper management to produce more with NO incentives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.