The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,092 reviews matching the search
Run the other way!!
Body Shop Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 9, 2016
Save yourself the time and definitely trouble! Management does not listen or even know how to do this job. Any suggestions they say they will look into but that code for not in this lifetime. Make sure you know ALL the rules, policies and procedures or it can back fire at you. All they care about is the numbers. Quantity over quality. You don't know any of your coworkers, there's no sense of team work.
Pros
The actual job is easy
Cons
Micromanagement, always changing the rules (which sets people up to fail), Supervisors arent helpful, talk down to you, low pay, insurance is very expensive, they play favorites
Interesting atmosphere but good interaction with people
Gold Choice Counter Sales Rep Lead (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 6, 2016
The clientele and the closest coworkers are probably the best experience here. Location is key at this company. Management as a whole isn't supportive and doesn't seem to listen to feedback from employees in their role. You learn how to make adjustments on the fly as things continue to get worse through your day. With this job, you have to be quick on your feet otherwise the day will be longer than you think.
Great place for professional development
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 20, 2016
Long work days unless well managed by location manager. Learned the ins and outs for the operation of a global operation. Management as of 2016 is solid, moving in a great direction with customer and employee satisfaction at the forefront of their action plans. Hardest part of the job is washing cars in the heat; other than that only people who can handle customer service will be able to handle this job. Lots of intense situations can arise when dealing with customers and the cars they will be renting. Great benefits and mostly great people to work with!
Pros
Flex-Scheduling, Benefits, Upward Mobility
Cons
Needs to make better use of available technology.
This is a bad place to work
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJuly 25, 2016
There will always be a shortage of cars. You will be the guy washing cars, taking them to get maintenance, answering phones, renting and taking heat from angry irate customers for running out of cars.

Although it is a very stressful environment you learn how to deal w customers,sales, billing accounts, answer phones, multitask and do daily business reports.
Pros
some downtime, get out of the office, and drive.
Cons
short staffed, bad management
Stressful and high demand job.
Counter Sales Agent (Current Position) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2016
A typical day at work consists of dealing with customers all day and trying to sell the company products. I train new employees, and take on manager duties when one isn't around or they pass along work needed to be done. Management is pretty great. We get along like family. My co-workers are easy to get a long with, just most of them don't show up for work leaving others to pick up the slack. The hardest part of the job is being yelled at by customers over company policy or something I have no control over, but deal with it in a nice professional way to the best of my abilities.
Hertz a step in organized business
Multiple Positions (Current Employee) –  dudlin irelandJuly 14, 2016
I am working on mutli-skilled position. The management is mainly based on statistics.
I learned to keep focus on seasonnal goals and to adapt my work on the company's need.
Co-workers are very nice and help full, they are more firends than co-workers, that's how a team is buildt.
The hardest part of the job is to get to a task to another in a very short time.
The most enjoyable is that i don't have routine
Pros
adaptable schedules
Cons
can swapps my working shifts
Enjoyable first management experience
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJuly 14, 2016
After about 6 months, you will know most things about the business. After two years, the cycle of the job will start to become predictable. The off-airport locations suffer from lack of motivation by most employees. If you are going to start there, move up as fast as you can. Once you hit a mid-tier Location Management position, move sideways to a office position, airport, or into sales.
Pros
Free cars for Location Managers
Cons
On call when you become salary
Grinding
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2016
Hertz is the company that will push you to your full potential and then some. Multitasking is a must as fleet management, sales, cleaning, back office, payroll, outside sales, account maintenance, and vehicle maintenance is just somem of what goes on during a typical day as Branch Manager. It has helped shape me into a very productive manager with more experience than time would indicate.
Pros
Car perks, free lunch
Cons
Long hours, work/life balance
fun with the cars and the co workers
Parker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 9, 2016
fun driving nice cars satisfying the customer
i learned that it takes a lot of work in a rental car service job to actually get the job done with making the customers happy with the vehicle they have choosen, co workers were really good people at times it felt like a true family, hardest part was when customers would return cars on the same day which would make it difficult it move all those problems, the most enjoyable was driving the nice fancy cars.
Unorganized corporaton
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  MNJuly 7, 2016
This job sounded good on paper. 45 hours a week, overtime and benefits but after a few weeks of working here I realized the truth. I worked from 7am to 9pm everyday, top management doesn't know what is going on at the bottom. Customers are able to make reservations onine an hour before they come in. Website is flawed. Customers can make last minute reservation on cars that exist in the state but not at our location. We're also very under staffed. Theres a high over turn on employees. Branch manager just left for the day and leave us manager trainee to fend for ourselves when we are brand new to thw job. There are so many more issues this list would go on forever.
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
Hours, management, website
I'll be honest...
Full time Flexible Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 7, 2016
Although you get to have some down time during the job, there is a lack of management appearance. Car inventory is very low and you are expected to keep your sales number as well as customer satisfaction numbers up even when you have no cars to rent. Customers will be very likely to degrade you and insult you for not having a car or the cleanliness of the car, if you're at the counter. You also will not get any lunch breaks since you must stay at the counter in order to help a customer, so be sure to pack your own lunch of pay for the over priced food in the airport.

If you are a VSA, be prepared to work with faulty equipment. Alot of calls on your personal phone from your coworkers, and bug bites (you'll be working outside most of the time).
Was a positive experience for me personally
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJJuly 26, 2016
I was fortunate to have a great management team to work with.The positive and productive support that was given to security in some difficult situations made a huge difference.I learned to keep my composure in difficult interactions with fellow employees when it was necessary to enforce security procedures and facility rules.
Pros
management
Cons
difficult fellow employees
Fun people, bad management
VSA (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 9, 2016
At first I loved working at Hertz the coworkers were great, I worked with some friends, and the management seemed fine. But overtime I realized the management wasn't so great, they played favorites and got rid of people and added new people all the time. So there wasn't really any job security and I didn't like that very much, so I decided to leave the company.
Pros
easy fun work environment
Cons
management picked favorites
Relaxed workplace
VEHICLE SERVICE ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2016
Our duties as a VSA are to make sure vehicles are clean to the standards of Hertz. We usually walk to the dirty cars, then pull them up to our designated pumps to clean. After we clean the vehicles, we then drive them through the car wash, and park them. We have a productivity system, which states we must clean atleast 4 cars an hour. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with the weather. Here in Atlanta it gets pretty hot during the summer and also reasonably cold during our few months of winter. The most enjoyable part of my job is as long as you're doing you don't have to worry about managers giving you a hard time.
Steady work but Branch Management needs work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJJuly 19, 2016
The location is great to work but has no really motivation or encouragement to move ahead. Co-workers are great and most enjoyable times are when the pilots come to say hello. Management needs a lot of improvement and they need to be more activities for the employees. There are no Christmas parties
Pros
Great CEO and Aviation Department Crew
Cons
Management skills need improving
Fast paced, fun, exciting.
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 21, 2016
On the off season and can be very slow, but when it was season it was a lot of hustling.
I learned how to tell people what they really want to hear.
With there sales training I was truly able to progress with the company by using all the key things they taught me.
Management worked well with us and always made things fun by setting daily goals with intensives.
Working with the other employees was always fun because we would all help each other with daily goals.
The hardest part of the job was offering a product we didn't have.
Sales was a lot of fun, and working in the airport, meeting diverse people from all over the world.
Area Manager Responsibilities
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2016
Develop and execute effective business objectives to drive growth, profitability, and maximize sales opportunities throughout the territory. Assess operational strategies to achieve peak performance at multiple locations. Drive results to achieve business objectives through effective management and leadership for all aspects of daily operations. Maintain and create new relationships with accounts to continue to grow and increase market share. Forecast and apply pricing strategies to maximize revenue while maintaining excellent customer service levels. Perform monthly audits to verify compliance and protect company assets.
look else where for employment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MidwestJune 6, 2016
This place is ok, if you are looking to update your resume/work experience one year tops!. The Manager told me "we are in the business of sales not car rentals" wow! that saids it all. The selling of prepay fuel, and insurance is a scam, and the commission is a joke. People cheat the customers for the sake of reaching there sales goals. Management knows about this, and chooses to do nothing about it Why? because they get a bonus check. They will hire anyone to work here as long as there able to speak somewhat good english, you can't understand some of these people when they try to sell insurance to the customer its all a joke.
Pros
A check
Cons
Short lunch breaks, crabby coworkers who need to retire asap!
great job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Mobile County, ALAugust 23, 2016
A typical day was taking incoming calls from the comfort of home, really enjoyed being able to work from home. Working from home also gave me the opportunity to work a lot of overtime when needed. I learned that when you are speaking with customer you are really representing that company brand. I did really well as a Customer service rep received a lot compliment and job offers from customers about the service I provided. Management was great, all the managers I had was able to coach and provide the necessary feedback we needed to improve productivity. While at hertz I had very little interaction with co-coworkers, because we worked from home. The hardest part about job was work schedule, every 3 months your schedule could change. The most enjoyable part was working from home.
Pros
working from home
Cons
schedule
Satisfying Customers
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 31, 2016
Great place to work, sharing of knowledge, and the opportunity of advancement is always a option. I've learned customer service, changing of variety of different vehicles oils. The management team is willing to help with any problem that may occur with hands on participation. The hardest part of the job is not having enough hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers, employees and satisfying each person that walks through the door.