The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employer Reviews

Hertz
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Snellville, GASeptember 15, 2014
A typical work required the manager and employees washing and vacuuming cars, while trying to rent the cars as well. The company cut expenses by having the managers and employees do the work of a wash tech while wearing dress clothes. The location was not a very safe location. The staff and customers was the most enjoyable experience.
Disgraceful
Branch Manager-Trainee (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: learned to love any job after this one
Cons: i can go on....
Stuck drying cars with napkins, basic humans needs not available such as toilet paper and paper towels, I brought my own. Another new employee and myself were stuck running the entire branch. We coordinated reservations with vehicles that were a to struggle to find and often had to ask other branches for vehicles. I now understand why they were hiring – more... for the position, this location was found in Southern California. – less
Team Player
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Enfield, CTSeptember 8, 2014
Exceptionally detailed, organized, and goal-driven professional with experience in claims administration and regulatory compliance, coupled with superior communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrate strong ability to adapt with technology and workflows, as well as proficiency in working in a fast-paced environment.
Company has a lot of potential
Branch Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: honestly, just the potential commission
Cons: lack of personal life and pay increase.
The Hertz Corporation is not a bad organization to work for. Upper management is definitely disconnected and the culture needs to change. This organization is heading in the right direction to catch up to Enterprise, but they need to rectify the high turnover rate immediately. Overall, it is a C- in my book.
Very team oriented, poor starting pay
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Marlboro, MASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: team environment, good management experience
Cons: long hours, poor pay
Company fosters a very team oriented environment, promoting from within only. Poor starting pay, and very long hours. Good management experience
Worse Job that I ever had.
Manager Trainee (Current Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: a lot of overtime.
Cons: too much overtime, low pay, not being aware of employee satisfaction, high turn over rate
I enjoyed the people that I worked with, but the company has the worse business structure that I have ever seen in all my years of working. They express to you to rent cars but, don't provide the cars for you to be able to say yes. You try to get help to get cars and they tell you that they are on the way, but don't receive cars until hours later. If – more... you are not part of an airport location you are stuck renting cars with high mileage and stains that are all over the cars. They tell you to get cars detailed but you have a limit on how much money you can spend on the cars getting detailed and then realize the limit cap barely covers the car getting wash. The make promises to different accounts that they have gain and expect the counter employees to carry on with their promises when we don't have the tools to do so. The turn over rate is so high that everyone is working 50+ hours a week and being told that they can't take time off yet because they need to hire more people to accommodate for it. There is no support at all from upper management. Dealing with the stress of the job and going to guidance from a Branch Manager and seeing that they are trying to get the same support as you. Every employee is always tired,stress or broke and are always trying to find something better. – less
Long days, but can pay off
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Very demanding job between cleaning vehicles, sales, dealing with customers, outside sales, and training employees. After a while advancement can become stagnant, although getting to the branch manager level can definitely be reached in under two years.
Great people to work with, close to home, flexible hours.
Transporter (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Very grateful for the (5) years I've been employed at Hertz.
Public Relations, Customer Service Solutions
IN-HOUSE ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CASeptember 2, 2014
Work as a liaison between Hertz and AAA Auto club. Resolve service issues and work closely with the adjusters in order to minimize Rental work load for adjuster's. Work with a team, excited to look for any challenging opportunity available.
Terrible management structure and the zero accountability
Manager Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great employee discount on rentals
Cons: poor management and terrible bonus structure
A typical day starts at 6:30 and ends at 17:00 with 1 hour for lunch. Management ignores the fact that the company is understaffed yet complains abut overtime.

There absolutely no accountability from upper management and the supposed open door policy will only get you fired since have an issue that management doesn't care about.

And if you achieve – more... higher than your target, management will raise your target so you have to work harder to reach the same goal and get paid less. – less
Learning Experience
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: advancement/self development
Cons: no work/life balance
IT is a rewarding place to work but it does not allow for life/work balance
Has been good to me
Analyst (Current Employee), Park Ridge, NJAugust 31, 2014
Depends on the department. My department has been good to me, but I see what happens in other departments and I would not want to be in them.
Stressful environment due to restructuring and on-going layoffs at the time
Senior Account Control Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 30, 2014
My experience at Hertz was overshadowed by the threat of and execution of mass layoffs for over half of my tenure. Management did as much as they could to maintain a positive atmosphere, but most of the time it felt like a really stressful and tense situation.
Interesting coworkers but less than attentive leaders
Customer Service/Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 27, 2014
Pros: decent pay, mutliple departments, varied shifts, weekends off
Cons: short lunches, high stress, pent up goodwill, back and forth policy changes and movements
I have a lot of fun working with the other employees. Taking 100+ calls per day. Excellent customer service experience in sales and billing. Hertz is a very old company, but since its upper management chose cheaper ways to deal with problems that weren't effective a lot of the first line and middle managers would become stressed easily and were not – more... complaint with the needs and suggestions of the non-managerial employees. The hardest part is not taking the bad calls personally, but getting thanked genuinely by someone who really appreciates and understands that we are there to help made a lot of it worth while. – less
Fun place, always busy, friendly people
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 27, 2014
Pros: free make overs
Meet and greet customers in a friendly manner, answering calls, set up appointments, cashier and other general duties.
I worked with Hertz for 17+ years it was like a family
Senior Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Fife, WAAugust 27, 2014
I started out in the yard washing equipment and basic services and worked my way into a small tool mechanic. I then started working on the counter and helping customers. After being promoted to lead dispatcher and senior operations coordinator I finally felt at home with what I was supposed to be doing.
corporate based company
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2014
very fast paced equipment rental company that has a nation wide footprint.
Overall good employees
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 24, 2014
Pros: enjoyed helping customers
Cons: all the car cleaning
Not a bad place to work, but this was a separate division of car rentals. I was responsible for opening, training, and doing build outs for new locations. amazing how poorly some people take care of a rental car. spent a lot of time cleaning cars and negotiating issues with contracts. Worked lots of hours per week
Good job if you have no life.
Utility Mechanic (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: stay busy, pays weekly, cool co-workers, benefits
Cons: excessive forced overtime, no personal time, pay
I change oil and replace tires for rental fleet. Easy work that I love. I hate the hours. Always at work. Forced overtime is consistent due to lack of staff. ill communicative Management passes their issues downhill and expects you to put hertz above everything. If you are married, have a family, another job, school, a dating or social life, this aint – more... for you. – less
Poor management, but some great employees.
Branch Manager Trainee (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: paid lunches over 40hrs per week great employees
Cons: poor management.
Honestly, Hertz can be a great place of business, but the lower level of management (i.e. branch managers and assistant branch managers) are not trained effectively enough to deal with employees with different attitudes and customers. Some receive the position by default. Sometimes upper management doesn't respond accordingly to the situations at hand – more... correctly.
I've learned good and bad ways to be as a manager and it's not about what you say, it's how you say it.
Majority of my co-workers are great, but there's always a few bad apples in the bunch and those bad apples are unfortunately management.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough fleet and everyday supplies to do you job and handle business properly.
The most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying a customer. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos