The Hertz Corporation
1,047 reviews

The Hertz Corporation Employer Reviews

Sales and Marketing
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great health insurance
Cons: long hours and very low pay
It was a good company. The upper management had a disconnect with the employees on the branch level. There was unrealistic expectations for the staff.
Fun workplace
Transporter (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 25, 2015
Great work environment, the company had to cut hours. Everyday we operated as a team to bring more and more customers to the store.
Productive Work Place
Emergency Roadservice Agent (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: fun work environment
As A ERSA I assisted dealt with customers whom had a dead battery in vehicle, flat tire. broken window etc. The customers were often very upset. I learned that if you out yourself in the customers position you get a better understanding how they are feeling at that moment and able to assist them accurately and efficiently
Accomdates your everyday life
Transporter (Current Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 23, 2015
Great hours flexiablitiy
Room for growth
Teachable
Divirsity
Great atmosphere
Comfortable work environment
Hardest part is sitting in traffic or coming to work and there no being enough work for everyone
One of the Best Managers I had ever worked for!
Lead Mechanic - Shop Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas TxJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: ethical, safety, process, security
Cons: pay
Large company but small pay. The work is easy but there is a lot going on in this company.
Customer Service in renting automobiles
Transporter (Current Employee), Delray Beach, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Providing transportation for customers who need pick up to the Hertz office. Delivering automobiles to other Hertz sites
Great benefits! Friendly Staff!
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), North Hollywood, CAJanuary 20, 2015
A great company to work for. Has amazing health and employee benefits. Environment changes constantly so you are never bored! Staff were amazing to work with and make the experience even better!
Fast paced, not boring
Manager in Training (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLJanuary 20, 2015
The job is VERY intense. Non stop, mostly only having 5 minutes, if that, for lunch. For what's required of you, the money isn't there.
Changing Company
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: as many hours of work available as wanted
Cons: long hours expected
Lots of issues with this company as it has been going through an "accounting crisis." What this means to employees are bloated operating expenses and delay and partial payment of monthly bonuses.
Great Challenge
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: ability to run a business, multi-task and some compensation
Cons: work/home balance, lack of transparency and accountability
The ability to challenge yourself with various
different duties that prepare you for any business or
career
Productive and fun workplace
Administrator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Good Company to work for
Good people and busy all the time, co-workers are great
Productive and fun work place
Vehicle Service Attendant (Seasonal; Full Time) (Former Employee), Chicago O'HareJanuary 13, 2015
The environment of the workplace was fast paced, and exciting. Everyday brought a new opportunity to drive the latest cars and meet various people from different places. Working for Hertz presented me with new opportunities, I would recommend this company to anyone considering applying.
Hertz Employee Treatment.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Treatment of employees at hertz is indescribable as each and every employee is treated as a family member.
Hertz
Supervisor - Replacement Services Unit (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: skills learned on the job
Cons: no room for advancement
My co-workers are the most enjoyable part of my job. I have an excellent rapport with my employees as well. I've been in management with Hertz for 8 years and would like to show my experiences that I've learned in a different field of work.
Very sound fortune
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Waikoloa, HIJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: n/a
I would recommend hertz as a starter career or a stepping stone. The constant improving process of their policies and procedures allows all types of people from all walks of life to coincide in a safe and energetic workplace. I encourage all interested applicants to pursue a career at The Hertz Corp.
pros and cons
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: plenty of paid time off
Cons: low pay relative to responsibility
I've learned a great deal about how to operate a business in general and very much value the experience I've gotten. I thoroughly enjoy the company vehicle and generous vacation, however I feel that Hertz is a company that wants to revolutionize the industry with innovation, but doesn't take enough risk to do so. It's a large, slow moving corporation that takes far too much time to do anything. If you encounter an issue, It's your job to work around it (I call it a band-aid for a bullet wound) Unfortunately, most of the issues are not necessarily Hertz specific, they are deeply ingrained in the industry and Hertz doesn't want to adapt enough to really be the one to lead the industry into the new direction. What usually comes out is a half-baked idea that is put to operations to figure out how to make it work.
Hard working group of individuals
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 11, 2015
Hard working dedicated group of individuals on the team I worked, however, management lacked true vision, and did not always support the employees.
Great learning environment
Branch Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Great learning experience in the construction field. Positive work environment and the staff is helpful in ensuring your success.
Great if you don't want a life
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Orchard ParkJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: discount on rentals is pretty good
Cons: no work/life balance; crazy hours
Long hours, with mandatory overtime. Consider yourself lucky if you put in 45-50 hours max. Tons of pressure to sell. There is a lot of opportunity to move up, as long as you are willing to work 50+ hours and relocate. And sell your soul.

The management in the individual branches is OK but don't expect any support from upper management. They only care about results.

Don't expect $40,000 a year. That's only if your numbers are good and get mad bonuses.
Provide a short introduction of myself and the surround
Customer service/Bus Driver/Instant return (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJanuary 6, 2015
As a bus driver I was a tourist guide on the bus,Provide a short introduction of myself and the surround,Check for VIP customer, and interview them for customer satisfaction,Check and maintain the bus, as refueling with Diesel and check for damage.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos