The Hertz Corporation
1,214 reviews

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

car driver
shuttle car driver (Former Employee), shuttle car driver at the airportMay 27, 2015
Pros: driving alot
Cons: no breaks
worked with different people every day. moving all the cars around.
finding room for all the cars that came back at once.
Positive Environment
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Scranton, PA. Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 27, 2015
During my time working at Hertz, I enjoyed engaging customers, learning where they're going or if they are visiting anyone or anything specific.

It was rewarding to help those who needed a vehicle after an accident, giving them some reassurance that they won't be stranded home, missing work, or incapable of getting to school.

The job was easy to get used too. I had excellent team members that were patient with me and helped me get over my beginning mistakes and taught me how to excel at my job.
Airport Manager
Airport Manager (Former Employee), Seattle WAMay 25, 2015
Pros: 401k, involvement in operation
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work would be making sure that your departement is staffed accordinaly for the days volume. If it is not you would call in additiional staff. Daily huddle with team reviewing the KPI's and where your location/departement rates. Disucssion on what is great and what needs to improve. Meet with staff and customers to insure high level of customer service.
Productive fast pace environment
Manager Associate (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: fast paced environment, not confined to an office, constant learning environment
Cons: constantly working 50+ hrs, short breaks, tough clientele, high turn over
The Hertz Corp. is known for its Management Trainee Program. The program allows college graduates like myself to explore the realm of owning your own company (branch/location) and managing employees as well as daily functions within a business. I have learned more than I could have imagined at Hertz since Graduating UWF. My path within Hertz started as their first intern within the south east region. I went head first into the internship with every intention of starting the Management Training program to move to headquarters further analyzing data. Two years into the company, I haven't been able to land a position within Hertz headquarters and the sales portion of Hertz HLE is not the direction I want to go with my future.
Dramatic
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Plainville, CTMay 21, 2015
Pros: Not always in the office
Cons: Not enough room to describe
Not the place to work if you actually plan on getting anywhere. Based on favoritism and if you don't sell you don't make anything. DRAMA is an understatement.
Wonderful people to work with
A/P Supv. (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2015
12/64 thru 6/85 Started as a clerk in the accounting dept.Transfered to the payroll dept and then when the payroll dept was transfer to Oklahoma City I was promoted to Payroll coordinator for our corp level office
Then I was promoted to Corp A/P supv.
Some days I worked with vendor trying to get delinquent bill resolved.
viewing invoices that had to be paid for all the proper coding and approval signatures I also work with the corp accounting dept.

The hardest part of my job was year-end accounting Long hours and Sat. and Sun.

The most enjoyable part was the friends I made,even to this date I am in contact with them
ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: at times long hours
the hardest part is the force OT specially when you don't have seniority, you know at what time you start, but you don't know at what time you will finish.
Great job and very fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Love my team and the customers who comes in on a day to day basics
Cons: Frown upon when makes an mistake
Hertz was a great job. You delt with a lot of different customers every day. I learned how to be more patient and to help customers and make sure they are happy when they leave. My co-workers was amazing and help made the job easier. You didn't see managent much , so it was hard when you are very busy and have no help. But all in all great job.
Great company to grow skill sets
Branch Manager (Current Employee), txMay 20, 2015
This was my first job out of college. I have been able to grow with the company at a fast pace and I have been able to grow and develop new skill sets.
Constant conflict between middle and upper management
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 20, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Everything
I had high hopes for hertz after becoming an employee I quickly learned that you were a glorified car cleaner and upper management had huge separation between the store locations and overall ideal of what was going on in the local market never again
Good
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), East Brunswick, NJMay 19, 2015
Pros: Good worker, pay, and environment
Cons: scheduling.
Everyday is a learning experience. Everyday I work with a different customer base. My co workers were great people, we all get along. I had to manage workers while my branch manager is on vacation or out of the office.
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 19, 2015
Pros: Being able to rent cars ourselves
Cons: Hours. High turnover
A normal day at Hertz requires patience with customers whom are occasionally mad or frustrated or extremely angry or extremely happy.People sometimes make this job very hard. But i believe i have the proper skills from being a manager and working in a super high volume store in order to handle all situations in a very professional and courteous manner....
Poor CEO
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 19, 2015
I learned how to handle a very stressful work life and to make it light and enjoyable for my staff while still reaching our goals. Long hours but I also made relationships with companies i will never lose.
Horrible Company
Manager in Training (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 15, 2015
Many empty promises. Promotions are always talked about but never happen. Work to hard for the lack of compensation they pay.
They hire you but then don't give you hours
Transporter (Former Employee), New Bern, NCMay 14, 2015
Pros: Plenty of time off
Cons: They don't call, everything is temporary and no hours
They hired me and promised 20 hours for evenings. But then they never called after my training was done. I had one paycheck for $75 and only a few hours. It's not a good place to work for.
The managers were very rude and had favoritism.
Vsa/Driver (Former Employee), Midland, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great corporation
Cons: Poor choice of employees
I worked in the Hertz Corporation for four years, and I loved my job up until my last year. My last year working for Hertz all the management staff was replaced with either new employees who didn't know what they were doing or people who had been there for only a very short time. The management staff would come to me for their questions and when I'd help them I was then treated with disrespect, when I was offered a promotion and accepted they never got back to me regardless of my countless efforts for some feed back, which they then gave the job to someone else. They then started to say I was tardy, calling in, and going home early when that was not true. I also noticed they started making changes to my time card, taking off my overtime hours and even my scheduled hours. When I asked for the HR phone number they refused to give it to me, and I tried countless time to get ahold of the District Manager, but she only avoided my calls and text messages about the subjects I brought to her attention stated here.
Productive and fun workplace
Service Technician (Former Employee), carson, caMay 13, 2015
Pros: big company
Cons: heathcare
I enjoy coming to work and the skills I have learned here are tremendous. I enjoy coming to work and the skills I have learned here are tremendous.
Working in a timely manner and in a fast past
Transporter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2015
• Transports vehicles from Hertz Local Edition offices to various locations.
• Will pick-up and drop-off customers as required.
• Must interface with vendors such as body shops, dealerships, and insurance agents.
• Maintain courteous and professional behavior & appearance.
• Follow all company safety policies and procedures and protect company assets.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining high energy.
Job is okay
Branch Manager (Former Employee), CHICAGO, ILMay 10, 2015
Pros: Driving the cars
Cons: MANAGEMENT, LOW PAY
A typical day at work was about 12hours a day. I learned how to manage a car rental retail store. I also learned how to manage and encourage employees, maintain a monthly budget, process credit and debit card charges for rentals, better time management, payroll and scheduling for employees. I was a manager and I enjoyed the leadership role. My first and second manager were great leaders. Upper management was not very supportive or dedicated to teaching their employees any skills. The hardest part of the job was the lack of resources, I hardly ever had cars to rent and office supplies. The most enjoyable part of the job was the salary and the employees I managed and all the new skills I learned.
not bad
Flex representative (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COMay 10, 2015
easy going atmosphere, easy job for better pay than other car rental companies. working lunch makes it an even 8 hour day. no opportunity for advancement unless you relocate

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos