The Hertz Corporation
1,127 reviews

The Hertz Corporation Employer Reviews

Very productive.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Aurora, COMarch 27, 2015
Every one acted like family, lots of hours available. Responsible for car return and car rental when I wanted to expand my work abilities.
Great first time job, but need more from management
Manager (Current Employee), North County San DiegoMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Cool cars, discounts on rentals, overtime pay
Cons: little to no management, very little lunch breaks, lack of staff
The Hertz Corporation provides a workplace that teaches its employees how to handle customer service as well as management.
My time at Hertz has been a learning experience, but due to lack of upper management, there has been less and less. Usually there is supposed to be a supervisor to help you along the way in order to run your own branch within a year or two, but recently they have not had anyone to assist new employees. They seem to always be understaffed and unorganized due to the lack of management, which is also hurting some branches of the company. A typical day at a branch is renting out vehicles to customers and solving problems that customers may have. I have learned how to solve the problems and make up for what other have lacked. Not very many co-workers in my office because we have another location to cover as well. The hardest part is telling a customer that you do not have a car for them even though they have a reservation because the cars have been rented out to previous customers. The best part of the job are the different types of vehicles that an employee gets to drive and the discounts that we receive on rentals.
hertz is nice and good campany .make agood managment helping the employe.
vehicle service attendant hertz (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 25, 2015
it is great working Hertz it is a nice company. meeting different people . the management is interested. washing car, helping customers . customer always happy when they come Hartz.
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Antioch, CAMarch 24, 2015
a day at work is very fast pace and dealing with all types of people from face to face to email or phone , putting in data and calling insurance claims , handling cash , credit cards and checks .
A Day At Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Burbank, CAMarch 24, 2015
I provide excellent customer service: greet customers, respond to all customer inquiries and concerns in a professional and friendly manner both on the telephone and in person, I perform clerical duties: copy, fax, and scan. I answer high volume of phone calls, and effectively communicate rental agreement terms and charges to customers
Time for change
First Party Examiner (Insurance Claims Examiner) (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OK (Admin Center)March 24, 2015
Hertz is a great place for those who do not like to make waves. If you are not an individual....this is the place for YOU! You will clock in and clock out drained.
DO NOT RECOMMEND!!
Counter (Current Employee), Midland TexasMarch 22, 2015
Cons: no lunch breaks/breaks. eat/break when not busy. (hardly ever)
Horrible management in both Hertz and Dollar-Thrifty.
They do not care for their employees although they will make you feel like they do that is until you officially start the job. By the end of the week you will see ALL management's true colors. They disrespect you in front of customers, use inappropriate language, they all fight with each other (yes I am speaking about the managers) and no matter who's attention you try to bring it to IT WILL NOT STOP. Chain of command does not do anything for you with this company. If you are looking for a job were you can grow with the company and where employees matter. This is not it. Save the long wait you will be put through to even start and look elsewhere.
It continues to be a stable company for me to work.
Finance (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great free fitness center for the gods
The company as a whole has been around for so long, it appears to continue to have the same work ethics as our grandfathers founded this country on. Good ol' hand shake method. Which for me I do appreciate. I don't feel like this company will get stuck on how one's personal feelings are about every move they are making. It's more or less about keeping our heads well above water while making smart business decisions while gaining surplus. And for me that's what a business should be all about, with the exception of knowing that it takes experienced local men & WOMEN to help keep it going.
Hertz Rental Car
Sales (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMarch 20, 2015
It's a rental car Company. I worked in the Reservation Call center. I also reported Customer Service issues and did outbound insurance Replacement calls.
Compensation is awful!
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), TexasMarch 19, 2015
Pros: driving cars
Cons: no overtime, compensation, work load, staffing
New structure for ABM's is awful. They used to pay us on our personal sales and branch bonus. Not the case anymore. Pay is hourly with no chance of overtime and if your branch gets a bonus, you get under half of what the branch manager (who's usually no where to be found) makes. So basically, you're renting all the cars, generating all of the revenue, and getting under half of what the bm makes. Stick with being an MT. You have less responsibility, get paid off of what you bring in, and you have better work life balance. As an ABM, you still have reports to complete, fleet to capitalize on, and customer service issues to resolve, but aren't allowed any overtime so you must do your part in under 40 hours.
Productive , Fun Corporate Enviroment
Project Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: training in running a business and sales
Ensuring the highest form of customer service while multitasking and maintaining day to day business.
Management is truly there to help you advance, fun but productive enviroment.
Very small office, little support.
Rental Agent (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 18, 2015
Pros: i was the one in charge at the office.
Cons: being the only one in the office.
It was a small office with only one employee a Rental Agent. It was working with customers in the vehicle rental process. Weather it was for personal use, business trips, or replacement vehicles for accidents. The management team worked in an office in another city which made it hard for support. I also had to clean and care for the vehicles so calls were missed while out of the office. Also sometimes I would need to leave to pick up a guest and the office would be unattended. The hardest part of the job was being the only one in the office. I did enjoy working with the community and met so many interesting people. Meeting new people was the most enjoyable part of the job. I learned how to manage an office being the only one present. It was learning when the down times were and when the busy times were. All of my co-workers worked at other offices in other towns. I could call them when I needed help with questions. Everyone was always busy so the calls would have to be short. It was more common to email questions. Everyone was nice and easy to work with, it was hard being the only one in the office.
Great
Dual Branch Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas NVMarch 16, 2015
This is a good company to work for. It is a very demanding and stressful job but at the same time very rewarding. You have to manage and run the multiply locations while opening and maintaining accounts.
STRESSFUL ENVIROMENT,
MECHANIC (Current Employee), NJMarch 16, 2015
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: management
A TYPICAL DAY INVOVLES ,REPAIRING VEHICLES ,WITH A VARIED ASSORTMENT OF COMPLAINTS, DEALING WITH MANAGAGMENT ISSUES HAS BECOME A TASK,LATELY,SHIFT ISSUES ARE CAUSING PROBLEMS ,HAS NOT BECOME AN ENJOAYABLE PLACE TO WORK
Hertz is a huge company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Madrid, MDMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good job environment
Cons: huge amount of work
I like my company since is one of the biggest car rental company in the world. About my co-workers and leaders, I like them because they are very nice to everyone and if you have any type of problem they always help me out.

The hardest part of the job is when there are a lot of clients at the same time at the office.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have to create reservation and check the state of the vehicles and of course when you have to deal with the clients.
Used to be a good place to work.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Park Ridge, NJMarch 12, 2015
Pros: decent pay scale and vacation policy
Cons: no job security
The company has been on a steady decline for years.

I would have previously recommended it to anyone, now would not recommend it to anyone but the very desperate.
The Hertz Corporation was a good company to work for.
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 12, 2015
At this location I was able to develop my mechanics skills. It was usually a fairly busy location. The co-workers were pleasant to work with.
Blue collar job
Senior Unix Systems Programmer (Former Employee), Warr Acres, OKMarch 12, 2015
Pros: gym, close to home
This was a job as an industrial electrician. It paid relatively well for a blue collar job. It was a family orient business while I was there and they took care of their employees.
Worst job I ever had EVER
Counter Sales Agent (Former Employee), ArkansasMarch 11, 2015
Pros: some free time, can check your phone when it's slow
Cons: you never know what small silly thing will get you fired, you might get beat up by angry customers without cameras
The people I worked with were fine. The company itself was a complete joke. Corporate was very particular about small things that didn't really matter but completely neglected things that were super important for a company to operate. I got a write up for saying hi for 2 minutes at another counter on my way to the bathroom and was forever banned from saying hi to any other employee at the airport. However, we never did inventory or had cameras like everyone else. Someone could have stolen a car or a customer beat me up and there'd be no proof whatsoever. They do NOT know how to run a business. My manager was lazy and apathetic and didn't watch numbers, so we ran out of cars frequently. She left me to tell 30 customers that we didn't have a car for them despite their reservation made 30 days in advance. Yeah, I got to know real well just how long it took for airport security to get down the escalators and help.
I do not recommend working for Hertz
Counter Sales Rep (Former Employee), Salt Lake, NMMarch 11, 2015
The local management is not professional, favorism is very clear, personal relations and not the professionalism governs the work environment.
You could lose your jon at any moment for a minor reason if your relation is not good with your manager who favors some employees over others for reasons we employees don't know.
Probably, they have relations outside the work place.
On the other hand I know a colleague who uses to be late and absent a lot but they never adopted any action against him, most probably because of his faith.
The reputation of Hertz is getting worse and their services is getting down and down.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos