The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,996 reviews matching the search
I enjoyed working with great people in the rent-a-car and travel industry markets both domestically and internationally.
Senior Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJMay 29, 2016
I learned to use multiple systems. I also learned how to provide great customer service and build great rapport with people internally and externally.
Pros
Great benefits.
Mismanaged and incredibly poor morale
Hertz General Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 28, 2016
Layoffs for upper/Senior Management and middle manager, salary freeze, long hours with no appreciation, unrealistic goals, poor communication and simply no long term vision.

I was a decade long employee that received numerous promotions in multiple regions. I personally knew Senior Management. The company has been run poorly which cost everyone their jobs, from the CEO down. The competition from Uber and Lyft are taking business and there is no plan to find the lost business.
Pros
Car benefit
Cons
Mismanaged, poor communication, unrealistic goals, poor salary and bonus structure, very poor morale
Learning New things
"Transporter" (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
Satisfying customers in need helping with belongings, picking up customers that's been in accidents , encouraging them that life has up and down, also welcoming new people into the city helping them with useful information
Pros
Good experience
Cons
pay
Productive Company
Insurance Replacement Agent/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 25, 2016
Typical work day is repetitious. Co worker and some management are great. You have some management that are at times under great stress and have no time to maneuver one on one with those in the company. Great place for advancement and longevity in the workplace.
Pros
work from home
Cons
work from home and raises are subject to productivity
Not all that great
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Brownsburg, INMay 24, 2016
Long hours lot of rangy costumer that are upset over something so petty. It is an ok for the first job right out of school but in all honesty keep looking. They will at the start tell you how great it is but its not just run away take the job if you need work experience or easy money.
it was good for what it was
Seasonal intern (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYMay 22, 2016
Hertz takes care of their people which is important. It was a busy job with lots to do and a great alternative for sitting at a desk all day staring at a computer. I enjoyed that. My manager was a little bit full of himself. He was annoyed when I did not understand the system after 2 days and was frustrated when I did not spend everyday talking and breathing the company. Also, there is a 50/50 percent chance if you mess up they will throw you under the bus. I worked hard and I loved the customers so that balanced out his nasty attitude. All in all minus my terrible manager, it was enjoyable.
Pros
lots of busy work so the day goes by quickly, good hours, fun if you like customer service and cars
Cons
rude manager, no OT
Fast paced business environment
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 21, 2016
Learned very valuable management skills as well as gained a better understanding of account management. My coworkers were very enjoyable and helped to ease the high stress work environment. Benefits were also very generous.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
high stress
Typical day...
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJMay 20, 2016
Typical day is pretty straightforward. Come in at 8:15, retrieve files, open mail, analyze claims and act as liaison between claimants and claims adjusters.
Pros
Free coffee, great people, nice office, work is straightforward and so are expectations
Cons
Lack of upward mobility, doesn't really add new skills to employee
great teamwork environment
Sales Counter Representative (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIMay 19, 2016
The Counter Sales Representative is an essential member of the airport location team and is the brand ambassador, providing the fastest, easiest, and most valued experience to our customers. This sales commissioned team member provides world class customer service and professionally and effectively sells Hertz products and services to meet the customer’s travel needs.
Pros
discounts
Cons
over worked and under paid
Solid JOb
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 17, 2016
Hertz is good coming out of college to get you on your feet. Not sure if you would want to make a career out of it. Manager Trainees work 10 hours a day and every othert weekend for 3 hours.
I tried to wash as many cars in the shortest time possible. I
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 17, 2016
I tried to wash as many cars in the shortest time possible. It was a mechanical work. I value the relationship you develop with my team and my bosses
No Advancement
Lead Facility Engineer / Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2016
I have worked with them the facilities management field for 7 years. I have inquired with HR and my management - and their is no field related advancement. I would have to take a pay cut in order to move to another field and then start moving up again. I have over twenty years in management, technical, plumbing, electrical, etc. However in this company, Sales is the victor here, everything else is not a viable position for growth. This position is an overworked job. Always n the run, we handle everything under the sun and more. The most enjoyable part of this job is when I get in my car to leave. I use to enjoy this job for years then it changed. The majority of my issues is that I cannot advance, I technically like this company and would continue to grow with them, however i have to decide wether to take a step down and then start the growth again or find another company to grow with.
Pros
Friendly Work Environment
Cons
No Perks
Great Staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 17, 2016
The staff is very friendly and welcoming to new employees. They strive to ensure your success within the company. Would recommend this job to anyone.
Complete disorganization, un qualified management making decisions.
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 15, 2016
Find a better place to work, unfriendly environment, no respect for the lunch breaks, short staffed all the time, a complete waist of time, ridiculous sales goals.
Hertz is not an IT company
Applications Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 14, 2016
Hertz has recently made the decision to outsource the remainder of it's IT departments.
Typical day is from 8am to 5pm Monday- Friday, and flexible hours are offered.
A large part of my career was spent at this company and I have learned almost literally from the ground up about computer systems and applications at this company.
While working in programming and development of the counter application systems my department manager has been fantastic and co-workers have been more like family. As a team, planning and execution of projects rarely called for people to work overtime except as necessary when deploying and implementing new changes.
Most enjoyable was the great people that were once there and how we all held together as a group.
Pros
Good Benefits, corporate discount on premium cars, tuition reimbursement, comparable vacation, 401K
Cons
Employee Picnics / Social events are self-funded.
Tough environment for advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLMay 14, 2016
This is a difficult place to be if a person wants to get his or her work done. Once a person's role is established, there are many outside factors that dominate one's day, causing his or her time to be taken, meaning that work piles up. There is never enough time in the day, week or month to complete tasks. The constant talk from upper management is budget, budget, budget, so staff will never increase. The senior management team focuses on investors more than investing in the employees while pressuring the work force to continually produce more with less. It is a stressful environment, to say the least.
Pros
On-site gym and walking path, on-site day care and cafeteria, frequent lunch-and-learn opportunities, great people to work with
Cons
Pressure from upper management to produce more with NO incentives
Fun Environment
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 14, 2016
A typical work day is very busy, but also laid back. Communication can sometimes be difficult but altogether it is fun and exciting.
Hertz is a friendly fun place to work.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2016
Hi, To who's reading this. Well my day starts of wonderful, Why because I wake up that morning. Starting my day that way. Starting knowing that this is how I get started. So now then off to work. Now I'm at work, I go in I say good morning to everyone and clock in. Go to my job sight, say good morning again to everyone. I get myself situated. Now I'm ready to work. My job requires that I approach the customers with a positive attitude and offer them a ride back to the airport. My colleagues well they help the day go by. They make it fun and we all work together as a team. Sometime the hardest part of the job is just getting through the day, but the people I work with helps me through the day that's what makes the job most enjoyable.
Nothing fun or exciting about this place unless your new, until you find out what really goes on...
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2016
No need to waste too much time here, hands down, the Houston Hertz Maintenance facility is a place I would highly recommend avoiding... Unless you want to work 12hrs/day 6 days/week at a wage starting out at or near 10$/hr, that wont increase but by 1$ over the course of 3 years... Heed my warning and avoid this place at all cost, if you don't you'll waste your precious time and life, then realize I'm telling the truth.
Pros
Free lunches instead of raises
Cons
12hrs/day 6 days/week all_year_long
It was just a job
IT Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 12, 2016
It was just a typical day at work. Poor management based on politics. Frequent change of schedule. I liked my co-workers.
Pros
Free cell phone
Cons
Poor management