The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,116 reviews matching the search
Great enviroment, amazing management
Web Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2016
I love this company. Will work for them again in the future. I was sad to leave, but life demanded it. Great management, family oriented and sales driven.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Massive training hours
Fun place to work
Instant Return Rep (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 22, 2016
Typical day would by check in any were from 200 to 400 cars with in an 8 hour shift, you could be by yourself or with a couple of coworkers. Learned how to manage other coworkers as well as upset customers, also the program on the tablets we use and all the charges that could have been charged. The Manager are very help full and will hep in any way they can. hardest part is managing all the cars that come in at once. and if there is upset customers how to deal with there situation.
Pros
avancement
Cons
working by yourself
Bonuses at Hertz?
None (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2016
Does anyone know how the bonus scheme works at Hertz? I've noticed that so often Hertz staff bill customers who have full insurance for other people's damage to the cars. One manager told me the same damage was billed several times to different customers. Are there penalties for staff who would miss a scratch on a car? thanks
Hard working environment
Transpoter (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSSeptember 20, 2016
A typical day at work would be transporting cars to and from surrounding areas. I would help detail the cars of an extra hand was needed. The atmosphere was relaxing. We had great management.
Laid Back but only Temp place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2016
Full time hours , friendly management staff , flexible hours, great benefits, 401k, employee discount. Friendly coworkers. Easy job to learn. Easy way in
horrible work life balance
Employee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 16, 2016
Worked for Dollar/Thrifty in the old days, Hertz came in with their culture and ruined a good thing. Never seen a company so eager to write up employees and not recognize them.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Too many too list
Not an easy job to do at all
Airport Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 16, 2016
Absolutely no work life balance...working minimum 10 hours a day. Makes you feel like you don't have a life. Only good thing is the added experience.
• Managed rental operations at the company’s second largest location at San Francisco Airport ($220M in annual revenue).
Pros
company car and gas
Cons
no worklife balance at all
Challenging Yet Rewading
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2016
You get out of the business what you put into it. It's a challenging work-life balance but there is ample opportunity for advancement. However this opportunity comes as a direct result of turnover.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Home Life Balance
hertz
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2016
Its OK company to work for my day is typically getting in and out cars my co workers are great to get along with and my boss we a great lil office
Enjoy working here. Staff was good. Team oriented
Courtesy Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2016
I really enjoy working here. Even though it was part-time 22 to 25 hrs a week. You drive in the different airline terminals and back to the rental dropped/pickup area.
Pros
Part time, team environment, meeting different people
Under paid
utility (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 14, 2016
I been with hertz 5yesrs I've. tryed to move up to a different position. 8 times and have been turned down by management the last time i even wrote an email to our area manager who kindly did not even answer my email . In this position you work while others sit on there behind all day watching you do all the work mine while there makeing more money then you are for watching. movies on there lap tops and playing games on there phones. But nobody tells them anything about it there so lazy they expect you todo every thing for them even take out the office trash and do the walk around with the customers they wont get off there behind for any thing Your best option is to seek employment. elsewhere where you be better payed and appreciated.from a company that prompts. from with in.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
underpayed you have to pay for uniforms
fine for a part time job, hours were flexible
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 14, 2016
I worked 7 hours a day for three days each week. We worked in a very upscale area, and our customers were primarily business executives. We often picked them up at their home and brought them to our office. We also schulted cars back and forth between the various Hertz offices.
Pros
allowed for a very flexible schedule.
Cons
poor compensation
good work environment
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 13, 2016
good environment, commission isn't bad, schedule is good, 5 days a week, with 2 consecutive days off. managers aren't bad. customers can get crazy sometimes
Productive and fun place to work.
Assistant Business Manager / Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Hertz Car Sales - Layton, UtahSeptember 12, 2016
Completed finance contract for customer purchased. Sold finance and insurance products. Solved problems for customers. Handled payments and balanced statements for all vendor accounts.
Productive and fun workplace with enjoyable employees.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LASeptember 12, 2016
The people at the business are fun and management is very respectful of their employees. A typical day at hertz is like a day in the gym, everybody is working hard and pulling their weight.
No regulation to control associates not to steal clients and sales
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CASeptember 9, 2016
Stressful job, some associate killed time not to do insurance replacement there is no regulation to monitor performance. High level of unhealthy competition. High expectation of branch manager and threaten to getting written up. Low wage long hours. I wish they could put a compulsory course of sales ethics for sales associate to prevent fights, conflicts and challenges and teach them not to steal each other customer and sales.
Hertz Car Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYSeptember 8, 2016
Typical day is coming in and checking your email, any new leads and appointments for the day. Greet and gather info on customers needs. What I learned is that sales is a stressful cutthroat business I no longer want to be in. Management are terrible and create a hostile environment by pitting sales people against each in order to create more urgency for sales. Co-workers can be sneaky and manipulating and will lie if it comes down to getting your customers or another sale. There is the rare times you can get an honest good co-worker but its rare. Hardest part of the job is the stress, working nights weekends and holidays when your friends and family are off. Most enjoyable is income and benefits because it can be quite good at times.
Pros
Income and benefits
Cons
Nights, weekends and Holiday work conditions
Would still be working there but our department was outsourced
Sr Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 7, 2016
A typical day.
Log in update work space, Check any programs that were turned in made it to quaL.
Begin work on other tasks.
Test and turn in. If there are any problems or the requirements are not clear. check with the BA and continue.

The hardest part of the job was there were always trying new tools.
The enjoyable part of the job were the friendships made.
Fun Environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 7, 2016
• Interact with all levels of management to create and deliver presentations on project goals and plans and progress.
• Assist in the resolution process by escalating concerns to upper-level management if team members could not.
• Lead customer audits and internal audit process.
• Responsible for sourcing, negotiating and managing outside vendors.
• Maintain responsibility for all tasks assigned
• Train and develop all employees through the use of training modules, Coaching, Positive and Negative reinforcement, etc.
stress free
Vehicle Transporter (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 6, 2016
Good part time job, has many different shifts to help your personal schedule and your driving different vehicles to different states every time you go to work.