The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,053 reviews matching the search
Relaxed workplace
VEHICLE SERVICE ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2016
Our duties as a VSA are to make sure vehicles are clean to the standards of Hertz. We usually walk to the dirty cars, then pull them up to our designated pumps to clean. After we clean the vehicles, we then drive them through the car wash, and park them. We have a productivity system, which states we must clean atleast 4 cars an hour. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with the weather. Here in Atlanta it gets pretty hot during the summer and also reasonably cold during our few months of winter. The most enjoyable part of my job is as long as you're doing you don't have to worry about managers giving you a hard time.
Stressful and high demand job.
Counter Sales Agent (Current Position) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2016
A typical day at work consists of dealing with customers all day and trying to sell the company products. I train new employees, and take on manager duties when one isn't around or they pass along work needed to be done. Management is pretty great. We get along like family. My co-workers are easy to get a long with, just most of them don't show up for work leaving others to pick up the slack. The hardest part of the job is being yelled at by customers over company policy or something I have no control over, but deal with it in a nice professional way to the best of my abilities.
Unorganized corporaton
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  MNJuly 7, 2016
This job sounded good on paper. 45 hours a week, overtime and benefits but after a few weeks of working here I realized the truth. I worked from 7am to 9pm everyday, top management doesn't know what is going on at the bottom. Customers are able to make reservations onine an hour before they come in. Website is flawed. Customers can make last minute reservation on cars that exist in the state but not at our location. We're also very under staffed. Theres a high over turn on employees. Branch manager just left for the day and leave us manager trainee to fend for ourselves when we are brand new to thw job. There are so many more issues this list would go on forever.
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
Hours, management, website
Fast paced, fun, exciting.
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 21, 2016
On the off season and can be very slow, but when it was season it was a lot of hustling.
I learned how to tell people what they really want to hear.
With there sales training I was truly able to progress with the company by using all the key things they taught me.
Management worked well with us and always made things fun by setting daily goals with intensives.
Working with the other employees was always fun because we would all help each other with daily goals.
The hardest part of the job was offering a product we didn't have.
Sales was a lot of fun, and working in the airport, meeting diverse people from all over the world.
Great place for professional development
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 20, 2016
Long work days unless well managed by location manager. Learned the ins and outs for the operation of a global operation. Management as of 2016 is solid, moving in a great direction with customer and employee satisfaction at the forefront of their action plans. Hardest part of the job is washing cars in the heat; other than that only people who can handle customer service will be able to handle this job. Lots of intense situations can arise when dealing with customers and the cars they will be renting. Great benefits and mostly great people to work with!
Pros
Flex-Scheduling, Benefits, Upward Mobility
Cons
Needs to make better use of available technology.
fun with the cars and the co workers
Parker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 9, 2016
fun driving nice cars satisfying the customer
i learned that it takes a lot of work in a rental car service job to actually get the job done with making the customers happy with the vehicle they have choosen, co workers were really good people at times it felt like a true family, hardest part was when customers would return cars on the same day which would make it difficult it move all those problems, the most enjoyable was driving the nice fancy cars.
Hertz a step in organized business
Multiple Positions (Current Employee) –  dudlin irelandJuly 14, 2016
I am working on mutli-skilled position. The management is mainly based on statistics.
I learned to keep focus on seasonnal goals and to adapt my work on the company's need.
Co-workers are very nice and help full, they are more firends than co-workers, that's how a team is buildt.
The hardest part of the job is to get to a task to another in a very short time.
The most enjoyable is that i don't have routine
Pros
adaptable schedules
Cons
can swapps my working shifts
Enjoyable first management experience
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJuly 14, 2016
After about 6 months, you will know most things about the business. After two years, the cycle of the job will start to become predictable. The off-airport locations suffer from lack of motivation by most employees. If you are going to start there, move up as fast as you can. Once you hit a mid-tier Location Management position, move sideways to a office position, airport, or into sales.
Pros
Free cars for Location Managers
Cons
On call when you become salary
Area Manager Responsibilities
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2016
Develop and execute effective business objectives to drive growth, profitability, and maximize sales opportunities throughout the territory. Assess operational strategies to achieve peak performance at multiple locations. Drive results to achieve business objectives through effective management and leadership for all aspects of daily operations. Maintain and create new relationships with accounts to continue to grow and increase market share. Forecast and apply pricing strategies to maximize revenue while maintaining excellent customer service levels. Perform monthly audits to verify compliance and protect company assets.
look else where for employment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MidwestJune 6, 2016
This place is ok, if you are looking to update your resume/work experience one year tops!. The Manager told me "we are in the business of sales not car rentals" wow! that saids it all. The selling of prepay fuel, and insurance is a scam, and the commission is a joke. People cheat the customers for the sake of reaching there sales goals. Management knows about this, and chooses to do nothing about it Why? because they get a bonus check. They will hire anyone to work here as long as there able to speak somewhat good english, you can't understand some of these people when they try to sell insurance to the customer its all a joke.
Pros
A check
Cons
Short lunch breaks, crabby coworkers who need to retire asap!
Satisfying Customers
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 31, 2016
Great place to work, sharing of knowledge, and the opportunity of advancement is always a option. I've learned customer service, changing of variety of different vehicles oils. The management team is willing to help with any problem that may occur with hands on participation. The hardest part of the job is not having enough hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers, employees and satisfying each person that walks through the door.
Mismanaged and incredibly poor morale
Hertz General Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 28, 2016
Layoffs for upper/Senior Management and middle manager, salary freeze, long hours with no appreciation, unrealistic goals, poor communication and simply no long term vision.

I was a decade long employee that received numerous promotions in multiple regions. I personally knew Senior Management. The company has been run poorly which cost everyone their jobs, from the CEO down. The competition from Uber and Lyft are taking business and there is no plan to find the lost business.
Pros
Car benefit
Cons
Mismanaged, poor communication, unrealistic goals, poor salary and bonus structure, very poor morale
it was good for what it was
Seasonal intern (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYMay 22, 2016
Hertz takes care of their people which is important. It was a busy job with lots to do and a great alternative for sitting at a desk all day staring at a computer. I enjoyed that. My manager was a little bit full of himself. He was annoyed when I did not understand the system after 2 days and was frustrated when I did not spend everyday talking and breathing the company. Also, there is a 50/50 percent chance if you mess up they will throw you under the bus. I worked hard and I loved the customers so that balanced out his nasty attitude. All in all minus my terrible manager, it was enjoyable.
Pros
lots of busy work so the day goes by quickly, good hours, fun if you like customer service and cars
Cons
rude manager, no OT
Great enviornment to work
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 7, 2016
Hertz Rent a Car was a fast pace company with a lot of growth. The staff was always helpful and the managers where always their to assist. There were a lot of overbooking because of the high volume of customers but we always found a way to resolve the issues and make our customers happy.
Pros
Discount employee benefits and union
Cons
We were never happy campers when the computers went down.
Steady work but Branch Management needs work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJJuly 19, 2016
The location is great to work but has no really motivation or encouragement to move ahead. Co-workers are great and most enjoyable times are when the pilots come to say hello. Management needs a lot of improvement and they need to be more activities for the employees. There are no Christmas parties
Pros
Great CEO and Aviation Department Crew
Cons
Management skills need improving
great teamwork environment
Sales Counter Representative (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIMay 19, 2016
The Counter Sales Representative is an essential member of the airport location team and is the brand ambassador, providing the fastest, easiest, and most valued experience to our customers. This sales commissioned team member provides world class customer service and professionally and effectively sells Hertz products and services to meet the customer’s travel needs.
Pros
discounts
Cons
over worked and under paid
Nothing fun or exciting about this place unless your new, until you find out what really goes on...
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2016
No need to waste too much time here, hands down, the Houston Hertz Maintenance facility is a place I would highly recommend avoiding... Unless you want to work 12hrs/day 6 days/week at a wage starting out at or near 10$/hr, that wont increase but by 1$ over the course of 3 years... Heed my warning and avoid this place at all cost, if you don't you'll waste your precious time and life, then realize I'm telling the truth.
Pros
Free lunches instead of raises
Cons
12hrs/day 6 days/week all_year_long
Hertz is a friendly fun place to work.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2016
Hi, To who's reading this. Well my day starts of wonderful, Why because I wake up that morning. Starting my day that way. Starting knowing that this is how I get started. So now then off to work. Now I'm at work, I go in I say good morning to everyone and clock in. Go to my job sight, say good morning again to everyone. I get myself situated. Now I'm ready to work. My job requires that I approach the customers with a positive attitude and offer them a ride back to the airport. My colleagues well they help the day go by. They make it fun and we all work together as a team. Sometime the hardest part of the job is just getting through the day, but the people I work with helps me through the day that's what makes the job most enjoyable.
This is a part time job with no benefits - job security is 5 star with no chance of advancement
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 8, 2016
Transporters come to work at 8am and work as long as they like or until the job is complete. May come to work any day they want Monday through Friday. Do not have to call in when choosing not to work.

Great group of retired gentlemen to work with.

Boss is outstanding.

Pay is minimal but this is a "something to do" type of job for "pocket change".

A typical day includes moving vehicles from the return line to the overflow parking lot and from the overflow lot to various locations around the airport as well as the Norfolk airport.

There is nothing difficult about the job.
Pros
Co-workers and lack of pressure
Cons
Maybe lack of benefits and low pay
Hertz employment
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 31, 2016
If you are lucky enough to work at a fully staffed location than you should do just fine. The company tends to lack in hiring enough staff for each location which puts stress on employees to perform at their job. Long work days include a lot of running around with little breaks. Average work week is about 50+ hours including Saturday shifts which can really burn an employee out.