The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employer Reviews

This job afforded me the opportunity to meet people for all walks of life
Gold Choice Representative and Transporter (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: all gold card represenative are required to wear uniforms.
The hardest part of this job was the schedules during my last year of college.
I really appreciated meeting some of the most interesting influential people traveling to Austin. I meet a Country Western singer and he remembered my name on his second visit.
I was able to help one customer find her remote control 24 hours after turning her car in.
great job
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee), Casper, WYJuly 23, 2014
fun people to work with the pay is good considering you make commission. everyday is new and fun
Fun work enviroment
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free gas, and work car
Cons: long hours
Great co-workers with the opportunity to grow within the company.
Established Corporation with Opportunity for Advancement
Former Employee (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: working with a diverse group of coworkers and customers.
Cons: fast paced, stressful environment, could work evenings, weekends, or holidays
I do not have anything negative to say about this company. The company is a great training ground for anyone who wants to be in management in the customer service industry. Even if a person works here and decides to move on, they will take with them many skills to carry on for a lifetime.
40% off all rentals, supervision is minimal
DRIVER (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 20, 2014
Pros: 40% discount
Cons: benefits, pay, 30 min lunch
Pick what cars are needed for that day to be rented. Learn the classifications of that vehicle and how to prep and clean them. Management is learning to be all on one page so everyone knows what's going on. Most co-workers are fun to work with. The hardest part would have to be the weather, could be 110 degrees one day and the next, it can be pouring – more... down rain. The most fun part would have to be driving new vehicles and testing them out first hand. – less
Hertz
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 19, 2014
Fun, fast paced and challenging. Great learning and raining experience for new managers.
Fast work place with lots of customers.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, NJJuly 17, 2014
Pros: discount car rentals
Cons: short breaks
My day here was very fast. I was always on the move. 9-5pm ,Set days . I worked Exit gate, Returns and gold choice gate. I help many customer , and when there was down time brought the cars to get serviced and fueled.
Fantastic Corporation to Work for
Manager Trainee Intern, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Fairless Hills, PAJuly 17, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Hertz. I found that the company gave advancement opportunity for even those who are not college educated. All staff that I had encountered we incredible and outgoing.
Great Place to work in the Pittsburgh Pa area!
Branch Manager/ Sales Trainer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2014
There are so many great thing to say about this company! It starts with the area manager.. I could not of asked for a better boss! I grew as a person and as a employee!! couldn't wait to go to work
Fast paced workplace with Hertz
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: compensation and schedule
Inventory would be taken and a client list for the day would be printed. Locating and prepping needed vehicles for reservations. Return any messages and close out open contracts if necessary. Update utilization to keep fleet accurate. Assist with customer needs throughout shift.
Enjoyable
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJuly 14, 2014
Working here has taught me how to better manage time in order to get what needs to be done accomplished. I have enjoyed my co-workers a great amount and are amazing to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to know each person that walks in and the reason why they are needing a rental for the short time that is spent with them.
Great Company
Transporter (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 14, 2014
Great company with excellent opportunity for advancement. Would love to work here part time or full-time.
Business Culture
Branch Manager II (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2014
Pros: car privileges and potential bonus earnings
Cons: hours of operation
Hertz has allowed me to gain knowledge of all aspects of business, from Sales and Management to Marketing and Customer service. You are given all the tools you would need to run a successful business from day one. The advancement within the company is in every Hertz employees hands and is based solely on performance. The most enjoyable part of the job – more... is seeing the hard work pay off and the growth year over year of my branch. Also, watching my employees move on due to promotions is another reason the job is enjoyable. The hardest part would be finding creative ways to grow year over year and making sure all the new employees are being motivated to be apart of that success. – less
The manager's had favortism at this job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TxJuly 12, 2014
Pros: sometimes we would have parties for making the sales.
Cons: the managers had favortism
A typical day at work would be interacting with customers selling them cars and upgrading them to new and better cars to make incentives.
if you like exercise the job is great
Vehicle Service Agent (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: walk alot of miles
Cons: short breaks and its very busy there
extreme walking constant moving ,not to much to enjoy at the job very demanding on the car rental of cars
the grind
Remarketing Rep (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: cars, gas, and insurance for vehicles is part of compensation
Cons: minimal support from management and operations to do job. lack of inventory
send a list of inventory to buyers, visit buyers every week by scheduling appointments. I've learned how to unveil problems with buyers have with inventory and competitors. The hardest part of the job was finding inventory. You schedule appointments with buyers find out what they're needs are but unable to fulfill those needs because you lack to inventory – more... to do so. Management and ops in some areas not very helpful. The most enjoyable part is it's not just an office job. You get to be out in the field almost everyday. – less
Great Place to Work
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Bonita Springs, FLJuly 9, 2014
• Issue weekly and monthly pricing analytics on a market, region and division level.
• Provide analysis on pricing trends, market conditions and key performance indicators.
• Maintain and update pricing for over 250 contracts totaling more than $75 million of annual revenue.
• Provide detailed pricing analysis and recommendations to align rates with – more... strategies.
• Produce demand curve analysis and support for pricing decisions.
• Deliver contribution reporting and analysis by market, region and division.
• Lead weekly strategy meetings and present root cause analysis to senior management.
• Develop and design new reporting to meet demand or increase automation.
• Manage and develop discount reporting across various levels.
• Develop presentation material for reviews, meetings, conferences, analysts and senior management.
• Completed training to be a “subject matter expert” for a newly launched pricing software program. – less
Awesome
Transporter (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 8, 2014
Loved interning with this company. I was very sad to leave. Woudl recommend this place to anyone.
Long hours, low pay
Management Trainee (Current Employee), CAJuly 7, 2014
Six days a week. You take your written exam to advance after 3 to 6 months. Then the oral exam 3 to 6 months after that.
Great starter job for those looking for a career.
Area/District Manager (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLJuly 7, 2014
Pros: bonus plan, company car, you learn about business all around.
Cons: too many conference calls, too many chiefs, too many initiatves at one time, on-call 24/7
Hertz is growing tremendously. This is the right time to start working at Hertz.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos