The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,644 reviews matching the search
Futureless employment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORAugust 20, 2017
Unfortunately not a good company to work for. Some of the people are great to work with. No raises. Poor benefits. Lack of or no training whatsoever. Questionably hazardous chemical mismanagement as well.
Hertz
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  SFOAugust 20, 2017
Long hours and fast paced. Decent pay rate and a company car. Managing employees and maintaining a loyal customer base. Being able to wear many hats to get the daily operations done.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Long hours and no personal life time
Fun place to work
Gold Choice Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2017
A good stepping stone for college students and recent graduates. Fun people to work with and multiple responsibilities. A great place for a first job.
Productive and fun place to work.
Lube Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2017
I really enjoy work for hertz, it was really easy and simple but fun, i learn a lot of things specially under the hood, simple fixes like change a battery all the way to replace a water pump or alternator. the hardest part of it it was not to be there at work and the most enjoyable part is the environment and culture.
Pros
good environment, good benefits.
Cons
n\a
unfortunate job experience
Customer service attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2017
While working for Hertz it was a great experience in the beginning. I had great compliments from supers and management. sadly management provided me w/ an incorrect employee # and i was not paid for the time I was there I was treated very small and resigned as i was advised I would not be paid at all for the 40+ hours I had put in.
Pros
lunch time, employees
Cons
extreme heat, no benefits, mistreatment
Easy Fit with great opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 17, 2017
I came to Hertz in the beginning of 2016 and when I started then I said that Hertz has gained a life long employee with me. I also love the overtime opportunities as well as the benefits for stock growth and retirement.
Dry, Dull, and frustrating
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID 83705August 16, 2017
I would only recommend this place if you do not want to think about anything. It's mindless labor, but you are constantly busy. Management does not care about their employees until you mess up.
Pros
Great full time benefits
Cons
Everything else
Very fast paced
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 16, 2017
This is a very fast paced company. The employees create a family and work well together due to the pace and amount of volume they handle on a daily basis.
Pros
It teaches you the art of multi-tasking
management
Manager associate (Current Employee) –  Boerne, TXAugust 16, 2017
Management is poor. I had to work by myself at 3 different locations. The first manager I had was excellent! But then when I transferred to Texas, We keep changing managers left and right.
Coworkers become family and the perk of driving a car home is great.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2017
A typical day consist of hunting down cars to rent to your customers. Fortunately the job does give you great work experience and teaches you how to multitask.
Pros
Free car
Be ready to work
Supervisor/ Team Performance Leader (Former Employee) –  The Village, OKAugust 16, 2017
24/7 call center environment, must be ready to work. Due to metric requirements, this can be a high stress situation for some. If you are goal oriented and customer focused, you will succeed!
A okay starting point
Assiatant Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 15, 2017
This job was as good as a entry level job could get at first, but over the years and the constant inconsistency of managers and management. The cons started outweighing the pros. The company isn't the same fun company I joined at first.
Pros
Rental discount
Cons
Contant stress over sales
Bad company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2017
I came on thinking this is a big company that would provide me a great opportunity to advance and be able to manage my work and home life and what I found was opposite. I was shocked that there were no managers around to ask questions and the training I received was lack luster. Overall, don't waste your time applying for this, you will be disappointed.
Pros
Cons
Everything, training, managers, overall attitude of fellow employees
Union
Level 1 Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2017
Great company but due to the union it is nearly Impossible to move up in any position. The scheduling of shifts and hours was also a nightmare if you were at the bottom
Pros
Employee Appriciation Days/ Benifits
Cons
Union
Great place to work for
Manager's Associate (Current Employee) –  Lomita, CAAugust 14, 2017
Over the past five years of my life, I've dedicated myself to building a career under this great company. Unfortunately things are nearing to an end due to the fact that I have relocated and I am now a family man. I really hate to have to end my career here but it's time to focus on my family. I've spent long hours at work and on top of that the commute kills me.
Pros
Great benefits, great compensation, and excellent management.
Cons
Long Commute and compensation changed.
Great entry level job for experience
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 14, 2017
A day at Hertz consists of cleaning vehicles, doing back office work, and working the rental counter.
- Good company with fast advancement opportunities
- Ok pay with good perks
- Lots of overtime
Avoid Hertz at all costs!!!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake International Center, UTAugust 14, 2017
The management is a complete joke. Managers whom gossip about co-workers in front of other employees. No designated direction or training. If you're an aggressive salesperson, good luck making money. Chokehold...
Pros
Possible money
Cons
Stymed and unproductive co-workers
Busy and fast paced
Location Manager Level II (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 14, 2017
Very busy and fast paced job that will give you the opportunity to work with customers and people from all parts of the world. You will work hard and hours are all over the place.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Log hours
Hertz
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 13, 2017
Working for Hertz affected me negatively. I had no social life, I was constantly exhausted, my back hurt every single day, and I ate poorly. I was stressed out and completely unhappy.
Too little pay for too many hours with not enough help.
Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 13, 2017
Never enough staff. 11-12 hour shifts 5 days a week plus 2-3 Saturdays a month. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy customers for reasons that are out of your control (not enough cars at your location, customer not paying attention to what they reserved or not meeting rental criteria) for very long hours every week. Most enjoyable part of the job was the team of people that stuck around to work hard with you.
Pros
Outings for accomplishments but taking the staff stressed the rest of the team.
Cons
High turn over due to burnout over long hours. Not enough staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.