The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,256 reviews matching the search
Repetitive, sit for long periods of time, very structured, not as easy to make commissions
Sales (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLDecember 23, 2016
Fun part is talking to people at different airports. Hard to sell upgrades and therefore hard to make commission. Low hourly pay. Commission is paid when customers return their car, so there is a long waiting period.until co..ission is seen. High turnover. Good benefits but low hourly pay isn't possible to survive. Short lunches and breaks must be taken at a specific time, making for a very structured environment. Hard to move into different positions within the company.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Sit for a long time, short breaks, not easy to sell upgrades which pays commission, script
Terrible
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  OklahomaDecember 29, 2016
People think that this is a good company, however it is the complete opposite. The supervisors are hateful, judgmental and condescending. The work is menial and depressing. The other employees tattle on one another. The HR automatically enrolls you in your benefit package. You are often criticized and punished for no apparent reason. People often tell you conflicting information so that there is no way to decipher proper procedure nor policies. You are also only allowed 30 min. a month to use the restroom.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
short breaks, short lunch, poor training, strict policies, rude staff
Overworked
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Anonymous, AnonymousJanuary 6, 2017
Locations are almost always understaffed and unable to hire more employees because Hertz doesn't want to pay another person to help make things run smoothly, but instead would rather overwork every employee. I easily do the work for 2-3 people, but my pay does not reflect that. Bonuses are never paid out in a timely fashion, and when employees actually start making some kind of money from bonuses then upper management changes the bonus plan.
Pros
Management gets free car
Cons
Overworked/Under compensated
Very stressful company to work for
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 16, 2017
Coworkers are great. Very little advancement opportunities. Management makes poor decisions constantly. Very high stress kevels. The company does care about the employees any more, only stock prices. Constant threats of lay offs and outsourcing. I DO NOT recommend working for this company. There are many reasons this company is ranked the 4th worst Company to work for.
Pros
Benefits are what employees stay for
Cons
Highly Stressful, challenging yet rewarding work
Senior Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MADecember 28, 2016
Day always started with phone calls off the wall for location's needing cars to get them started. 165 drivers reporting for work throughout the day. Vendors coming and going along with meetings being called all day long.

There was always things to learn from co-workers and top management, customers and people who you spoke with during the day.

Management were helpful when you needed them yet they held you accountable and responsible for your job.

Sometimes dealing with all the different personalities coming at you.

Knowing that at the end of the day what you did mattered in making the company better.
Pros
Car to take home Co-workers
Cons
No lunch breaks - snow storms
Pros and Cons of Hertz
Manager Trainee/Asst Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 11, 2016
Hertz was a very exciting and learning experience coming out of college. Learning to juggle different customer while also handling vehicles, maintenance of those vehicles, customer paperwork, etc. was very much a challenge but a learning one. The work hours were convenient to still have a social life, the employees were fun, and the environment all around was cool. The management at the location I was at were a little rude at times. Some days I actually wished I worked at another location but as long as I came to work and got my work done my days went by smoothly.
Working from home was a plus
INSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 9, 2016
This career would be perfect for someone who can sit in one spot for most of the day. There is opportunity for advancement as well as commission pay. The training was intense but the obstacles of the job became second nature for me in no time. The hardest part of the job was not having face to face interaction with my customers. The most enjoyable part was being to correct customer service related issues due to wanting to please all customers.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Working from home gets old quickly
High stress low reward enviroment
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXDecember 4, 2016
This potions taught me how to maximize time and assets. There were countless days as a manager of multiple locations were it is my responsibility to increase daily revenue with little to no help from upper management. the most difficult part of this job was the lack of communication from upper management. While the most enjoyable part of this position was getting a company car and gas card.
Pros
company car
Cons
High stress low reward
Overall ok
Sales Associate Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 8, 2017
This job is not too bad get to make great money and meet some fantastic employees and customers. The down side is there is OT almost every week, depending on the position you might start at minimum wage. The bonus is great if you can sell. Management is OK just beware that they may tell you to do something when you shouldn't be doing it and also the most important thing is that this is a sales job don't meet your number your out of a job.
Fun and rewarding
Senior Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2017
A position as a senior service representative was rewarding because I was able to work efficiently and at my own pace. I had a routine to get my responsibilities accomplished on a daily basis. I learned how to communicate with others by informing the customer and insurance companies of the Hertz rental car values. The hardest part of the position was when I could not service the customer. I went above and beyond to make sure the customer was always happy pending on supply of renal vehicles available in their area. The best part of my position was getting to know the customers on a personal level and when the customers would call/ come back to me directly for their needs knowing I would do the best I could for them.
Disorganized with poor leadership and upper management
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 15, 2016
I've worked at almost every location in Orlando and its surrounding area during my career with Hertz. Over that time, most locations are insufficiently staffed, employees are overworked and taken advantage of which leads to low employee morale. Bad ideas and initiatives are passed down from senior management to middle management who in turn force those ideas onto operations at the detriment of all employees involved. The revolving door of CEO's has led to a constant change in the direction of the company ultimately taking everything that can be taken from the employees in operations in order to compensate upper management.
Pros
growth opportunity and rapid advancement
Cons
Lie, Cheat, and Steal
Ever see a sinking ship use metal bucket and hole plug to stay a float.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJDecember 26, 2016
not the best place to work it a good place to start but it get old fast you learn never quick that the management is looking out for them selves only. but this isn't due to the people it the culture you can de fuse so many problem issues and provide amazing service that insure the customer to return but the bottom line is sales. It the culture that developed where how great you do your job is purely a number of how much you make per transaction. it drains the life from you making you want to do so much more with your life because hertz isn't worth .

ps the ceo is always someone new
Pros
good health care program and you learn when people trying to sell you stuff
Cons
long hours under paid no real learning or teaching going on
Long days and low pay
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 13, 2016
I've worked for 3 different locations in 3 different cities. Most locations I've dealt with are understaffed. Typical day goes from 7:30am to 6:00pm. It's really not a terrible job, but the amount of work that is expected from you is definitely not reflected in the pay. A nice perk is getting to drive a lot of the latest makes and models of vehicles and employees get a significant discount on rentals for themselves as well as friends and family.
Lead Customer Service Flex Representative (Current Employee) –  Alcoa, TNNovember 7, 2016
Great place to work but the management doesn't work very well. Alot of inconsistency among location and corporate. My coworkers are great people to work with
I w9rk the night shift and most of the time we barely have cars to cover our reservations on certain nights of the week. You get yelled at alot but you just have to realize that you cant help when you don't have cars just remember the customer is always right smile and go on. As long as we can work as a team then things always work out
Pros
benefits and vacation time
Cons
management
Call center environment, fun place to work, has gym, has decent benefits, can make great commission
Express Rents Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2016
Hertz is a good place to work with good management. The most enjoyable part of my job while working there is being able to communicate with my customers face to face through a video link making it more personable. You can make a lot of money just on commission. I would have to say that the hardest part of the job is dealing with the irate customers. It can be very challenging but I do enjoy challenges and I love working with and helping people.
Pros
being able to help people, opportunity to make a lot of commission
Cons
30 minute lunches, working every holiday
Intense Work Environment
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJNovember 7, 2016
Hertz was not a bad place to work. The people including management were approachable for the most part. As an employee at Hertz I was able to utilize my skills as a Claims Adjuster at an Insurance company to adjust to the position of Claims Examiner as a Third Party Administrator . A typical day as a Hertz employee including working until the job was done and working closely with my fellow employees.
Pros
Early dismissal
Cons
Short Breaks
No job security
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 31, 2016
It's a cut-throat business unless you're in with the right crowd. Company was on a hiring freeze when I was still working for them as a Location Manager. Typically it would be a descent company to advance with, but the new CEO made a lot of cuts due to the previous CEO's investigation for "cooking the books."
Pros
Not HR-hyper, you can have a little fun, descent pay with car perks, hospitality passes, can advance quickly when not on a hiring freeze
Cons
low job security, staffing issues, worked into the ground, long hours, putting up with crazy customers all day everyday
Great Work Place with career growth
Sales Associate/Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2016
My typical day working for Hertz was Completing contracts and growing the business everyday.Ive learned that cars will always forever be needed for rental. Management always provided excellent feedback for growth with employees. Enjoyable part was seeing smiles on customers face when I fulfilled their needs.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Hours of operation
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAOctober 28, 2016
Managers will build you up and pretend that you are valuable, and the next second fire you. Management will fire you based upon emotions and not work ethic. Do one little thing that is remotely intimidating and you will be out of a job. If you want to work for this company be sure to save every coin because before you know it you may be out of a job. My General and Area Managers used job security as a scare tactic to push you to build their revenue instead of training and motivating. One more thing, do not believe the hype about an open door policy because nothing is confidential!
Pros
Meeting and working with my lovely co-workers
Cons
Upper management
Challenging but fun!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILOctober 27, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Hertz. I felt like I could trust in their products and services which made my job much easier. I loved the people I worked with and management would go the extra mile to help you succeed. The hardest part of my position as a branch manager was juggling the fleet; making sure we had the right cars for people in the right location at the right time. Over all it was a great experience and I am saddened that it had to come to an end.
Pros
ability to make money, 1 hr lunch break
Cons
exposed to all weather conditions, very strict policies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.