The Hertz Corporation
1,297 reviews

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Car Mover (Current Employee), Carolina, PRJuly 26, 2015
Move cars daily from one lot to the location they will be rented. Learned about all aspect of the car industry. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with great co-workers.
Great Company, great boss, always having chances to grow and achieve with the company
Secretary/Bookkeeping (Former Employee), North Miami, FLJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: having to leave a great company
Great place to work, pleasant work environment while working with pleasant management. They always appreciated your work and achievements and would continually point out your potential for bigger and better work with their company. I never seen a company so full of smiles. Everyone loved their jobs at Dynacolor Graphics.
Operations vs. IT
Analyst (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 25, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: No communication between IT and Ops
Operations blames IT for everything wrong with the company, but does not understand that IT is at the mercy of vendors and most of work is done through vendors/consultants. The choices to outsource most of the work was management.

No training for IT to train with business. Hope this changes.

OKC offices concerned about jobs and appear that all offices are moving to Florida.Would not recommend anyone to join the IT team unless they are in Florida.
Family-like environment around co-workers
Fleet Agent II / Staff Assistant II (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Learning new things
Cons: Salary increases
After 15 years on the job, I have to say that I loved it there. As with any job, there are a few things that can get under your skin at times but nothing that can't be fixed. I've learned a lot there about everything from inventory control to record keeping to sales and order pulling, etc. Got along real well with all levels of management. The hardest part of the job was taking a scheduled break. My services was needed 24/7. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the jobs done.
productive
Airport Customer Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 24, 2015
A typical day at work and enjoyable times.............................................................................................................................................................................
Its a ok place to work.
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXJuly 23, 2015
At this point of time its kind of a scramble because of the new CEO and changes going on in the company its kind tough of working there.
Productive workplace
Vehicle Service Agent (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJuly 23, 2015
Fast paced environment and very productive. Overall very good company to work for with a lot of room for advancement. The hardest part of this job was working in the elements (snow, rain, heat).
Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy
Branch Manager (Current Employee), MarylandJuly 21, 2015
Pros: None at this point
Cons: No breaks, long hours, scamming company, broken promises, high stress, missing income, and extreme staffing issues
A typical day always involves being extremely understaffed while attempting to meet the extreme and ever changing demands of upper management and consumers.

Let break it down:
Consumers: Think you are operating a used car lot with cars that are magically cleaned, washed, and maintenanced. Oh the also realized they are rental cars but expect them to be in the condition of a brand new car.

In the consumers defense, if we were staffed properly, cleaning the cars wouldn't be such an issue. Currently we are so short staffed, when I run out of clean cars, I need to take a cordless phone out with me, lock the store, clean as many cars as possible (no matter the weather) before a customer either shows up at the door or calls in. Yes lock the store, because if an auditor shows up and is able to access your location you will be termed, rather then them realizing you should be better staffed.

Also customers are under the impression that I can pick them up or take them home while I am by myself. So I lock up the store and hope I am back before anyone shows up.

Staffing issue impacts: Out side of those already listed, I work open to close everyday and then some. Not to mention doing the job of 4+ people as the exceptions continue to grow! Forget having time to actually eat. Because of course while all this goes on, the phones are endlessly ringing.

Upper management: To put it nicely, incredibly disconnected. Like I said before the expectations continue to grow for all staff to ridiculous levels. And when your doing it all you are expected to meet all expectations. Sales, – more... revenue growth, fleet growth, reports, and customer service. Although the expectations continue to grow, they also continue to change since there is little to no real direction. One minute its the highest dollar wins, the next is lets keep doing what lost us loads of money last year!

Coworkers/ Staff: Out side of being beyond stressed as well, they are great! We feel like we have been dragged thru the mud together and are thankful one another even showed up fro more abuse. Hense why we are so short staffed, people are dying to get out.

In closing, Hertz is currently in a deep hole that seems to have no end. They are a long way from being the competitor they used to be. Last CEO was a joke, and this one is proving to be laughable as well! The company culture is terrible, and the employee morale is non existent. I have no time to do anything, and my pay has taken a hit over and over again. The income (including the car and the bonuses we stopped getting over a year ago) is no longer out weighing the stress by a long shot!! – less
Very fast paced environment with many opportunities to meet people from around the world.
Gold Choice Representative (Current Employee), Newark, NJJuly 21, 2015
Hertz is a great place to work for someone who is a recent graduate or someone who has a steady lifestyle. It is a fun place to work with many opportunities to increase your income. What I enjoy the most is meeting different people from around the world.
N/A
BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee), Patchogue NYJuly 20, 2015
Not Much room for growth.. Great entry level position, low compensations. You clean all the rentals in inclement weather.
My boss was great and i evjoyed some of my co-workers
International Inbound Sales Agent (Former Employee), oklahoma city, oklahomaJuly 18, 2015
Hertz has a weird work environment. It seems like most people did as little as possible, just to get by. Their is an onsite cafeteria which is great.
Great Experience
Area Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 16, 2015
It helped deepen my understanding of people from different cultural backgrounds and beliefs. It was also a good platform to start accumulating project management experience.
Great people to work with ( Mechanics)
Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 16, 2015
Was a very busy place in season but it was very long hours, Earning vacation time as soon as you started was a bonus:] The mechanics are hard workers, The most fantastic part was the large variety of new cars you got to drive :]
Horrible
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), californiaJuly 16, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: VERY LOW PAY, EXTREMELY RUDE CUSTOMERS, HORRIBLE BONUS STRUCTURE, EXTREME PRESSURE SALES ENVIRONMENT.
Long hours, rude demanding customers, high unattainable sales expectations that push your stress level to the breaking point because you know you can be fired at any moment. Very low pay and a revolving door, they do not care about their people.
Management doesn't care about what's going on, I have heard them tell someone because they were concerned about the new bonus structure that if they don 't like it, find something else. You are lied to in the interview about what you would be doing and they paint this wonderful picture about how life is laid back, how they like to have fun and everyone is so happy there, in reality, only management is like that, (there is a strong bond between managers) everyone else is constantly looking for other jobs and managers don't care at all. Everyone in every department is unhappy and looking for work.
wonderful company
Car Transporter (Former Employee), ColoradoJuly 16, 2015
Pros: getting to drive different types of vehicles
Cons: none
If you enjoy driving this is the company for you. You will get the chance to drive a different vehicle just about everyday. Communication between the mangers are amazing; they do all they can in order to have to right kind of vehicle ready for people needing to rent vehicles.
Management is great
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Vineyard Haven, MassachusettsJuly 16, 2015
Management is great! Does not micromanage leaves me to make my own decisions and learn from my mistakes unlike other jobs I have had in the past. I am able to find a problem and my own solution.
It really depends on who you are
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2015
Pros: A paycheck every week, the atmosphere among colleagues was generally a positive one, a fleet of vehicles
Cons: Lack of managerial assistance, lack of advancement, EXTREMELY unreliable schedule, a box full of broken promises
Hertz has been more bitter than sweet. A check every week but promotions are unheard of. It seems to advance in this company you have to become a doormat (to management) and/or be willing to betray your co-workers. My experience has been to work very hard and go above and beyond the call of duty. I've fulfilled my job description and at least several others but the salary does not match the energy expended. Ok job if you have no other option.
Cool Place
Transporter (Former Employee), College Park, GAJuly 15, 2015
Hertz was definitely the favorite of all the jobs I've ever worked... Cool atmosphere, great ppl, great management... I was a transporter... Unfortunately the position was only part-time so I knew I couldn't stay there long because I needed more money... But my year spent there was certainly one to remember... I made alot of life long friendships there... I would go back but only as full time...
Great but limited advancement
Manager Associate (Current Employee), Wilmington NCJuly 14, 2015
I enjoy working at Hertz but it is hard to be promoted even as the highest selling employee in the area. Currently they are going downhill and stock dropped, but I am confident with the new managment that will change
Low pay, little help from superiors
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), columbia scJuly 14, 2015
Left alone in branch with no help from upper management a lot of the time. This resulted in a lot of embarassment with customers and nobody to take responsibility, I think this may have been an "area" issue.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Salaries