The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Good Place
Porter/Car Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2018
Position is casual so I work up to 29 hours when I want and days I want so something part time without the demand, I would choose hertz they have a good discounts on rental cars for employees
Pros
car rental discounts for employees
Cons
no full time positions
Say goodbye to free time
Manager (Former Employee) –  NYFebruary 9, 2018
Here is the summary very simply.

If you know the people above you, you do not need to be talented.

It is a good ole boys club, and the leadership in the off airport department are highly unqualified.
Pros
Cars
Cons
Hours
What I learned
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 9, 2018
I learned about every aspect of running a business by being a location manager. Sales was a large part of being a manager and logistics of making sure that accounts I signed were taken care of for their rental car needs.
Pros
Free car and gas as a manager
Cons
A lot of hours of work
Fun working
Vehicle Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 7, 2018
Loved the work environment, the employees, the managers. Everybody got along so good. The work was easy, simple, and one of the best jobs ive ever worked at,
Pros
Real chill easy job
Cons
Freezing in the winter time
good place
BI EXAMINER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Relaxed atmosphere, wonderful work setting. great place to work. good company values! heavy claim volume, many different type of claims. overall great work place
don't do
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2018
stressful environment, when the city ops get heat or their job is in jeopardy, they will take it out on you and began to implement insane measures. When you promote up your next step is out the door. Favoritism is to the extreme. Lack of training and many don't care. Your unable to have a voice in the company due to possible mistreatment. Nothing is confidential in the company. High turn over rate.
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRFebruary 6, 2018
It good coworker and work good experiece and have experience to work with you... I thank them for being part of hertz that all iI have to say very thank
Great place to get your feet wet
Manager Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Definitely a great job to use to get on your feet! It can be a little hard at times but that proves that the company is doing well. Worth looking into just expect long hours, repeating days and dirty cars.
Pros
Drive different cars daily (done exotic)
Cons
Repetitive days, 30 minute breaks, many customers, complications
Inside Sales & Management Training
Assistant Manager - Sales & customer service (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Overall fun. Somewhat flexible. Very competitive. Run down facilities were depressing. Sometimes was scheduled alone at an unfamiliar satellite location. Didn't always feel safe.
Bad work environment
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  TulsaFebruary 5, 2018
For me this was an unhealthy work environment to be in. Very little communication with management and other co-workers. For the most part it was not an enjoyable place to work.

Want to know more about The Hertz Corporation?

Ask a question
Transporter/Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Not the best but not the worst. Mainly driving customersand cars around the Austin area. Management was pretty lenient on my hours that I needed to work.
Very Little Growth Opportunity
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 5, 2018
No feedback or career progression systems in place. Lack of mentorship and training. It’s not uncommon to find people who have been stuck at the same level for years without meaningful advancement opportunity.
fast paced work place
Express Rent Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2018
At the video call center you are responsible for helping customer get their vehicles. It is a fast paced job that requires hard intense sales. Must upsell cars and add ons.
Pros
Great vacation and discounts.
Cons
high pressure sales
cool place to work
BUS DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2018
better than most job offerings. management is ok. benefits are great. the worst part is dealing with irate customers who are sometimes hard to please when circumstances at LAX are out of our hands.
Pros
weekly pay unionized
Cons
long days
Not good
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 2, 2018
At one time the Hertz Corporation was a beautiful place to work employees were respected performance was expected and now it is no longer the case from an employee perspective.
True
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Management sucks. Just looking for you!!! Like a jail don't care about the employees just their yearly bonus specially at burbank airport. The manager 1 j t
Pros
lunch time
Cons
No insurance
Must be highly motivated
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 31, 2018
Fast pace environment. You must be able to think on your feet and be able to resolve problem independently. Good place to work. If you are not a self-driven person this is not a drive for you.
Productive busy fun work place
Inside Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  De pere wiJanuary 31, 2018
I would recommend a friend. I really enjoyed working there and given the opportunity I would love to return to continue future career endeavors.
I truly think this is a position to grow from however most opportunities require moving to another location.
Pros
Stay busy
Cons
Could use additional staffing
Not worth it...
Cashier/Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma city, OKJanuary 31, 2018
I waited over a month after I got hired to start this position, this is a real joke. They do not care about their employees. I got sick with bronchitis had all my doctor statements everything and they still terminated me
Pros
Cons
Sorry management
Nice place to work
Lead Counter Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2018
Good place to work. Some locations have good benefits, due to contracts with the union. Decent money can be made working at the counter in an international airport.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.