The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,960 reviews matching the search
Hertz HLE was worst employment experience to date.
Customer Service Representative/Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 27, 2016
I work (at the moment) for a Hertz Local Edition that undervalues their employees and just plain doesn't care so long as they get a month out of you then toss you aside. Everything is tailored to the management, which is many, leaving few "standard" employees. They falsely promote the pay and benefits of the company during interviews, just to find later the "bonuses" they speak of to justify terrible pay are non existent. The owner/CEO is a great guy, but most others are self-serving. RUN far from this company.
Pros
Cons
Entire organization; micro management; terrible compensation
great rewards
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  oakland, caJanuary 28, 2016
A typical day at work consist of renting out vehicles to customer's while using multi-line phones. I've learned how to detail vehicles, use multi-line phones, schedule drivers for pick up and drop offs, handling vehicle inventory. Management did daily conference calls to go over inventory on our lot. The hardest part of the job was trying to sale insurance to insured customers. The best part of the job was being recognized every month if you hit company goals.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
low cost pay
Dollar Thrifty to Hertz
Project Manager/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 8, 2016
Hertz acquired Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group in 2012. My job changed from Financial analyst to Project manager. The direction of management was very vague for several years. Culture seemed to be reactive and less proactive when it came to financials and projects.
Pros
Great office location, 31st Sheridan
Cons
Poor corporate communication
Difficult and stressful place to work
Rental Car Agent (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 27, 2016
A typical day at Hertz is difficult with a lot of stress. There are hardly any vehicles, so you are often telling customers that they have to wait for there vehicles. Management only looks at how your sales numbers are, and not your performance. Many people have been fired based on their numbers. There is no advancement in this company. I will not recommend Hertz as a place to work. However, I did develop great customer service skills from working at Hertz.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Loved the small office I worked in with the few employees we had there. I was not a fan of those above us though.
Managerial Associate (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 11, 2016
A typical day at work was fairly easy and simple. Made sure that cars were ready to go when the customers arrived, and it was very low stress.
I learned about how to individually and calmly resolve conflicts and concerns for our customers.
I loved working with my manager. He was a great example of how to work and still have fun.
My co-workers were great, we all got along really well.
Hardest part of the job was trying to be in a lot of places all at the same time. On Monday mornings we would be really busy and we would be spread pretty thin as we tried to pick up multiple customers from multiple locations.
Most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers, it was a blast going to work every day.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Upper management not so much fun
tire lube
Tire Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2016
a typical day at work is we start with a meeting to see how the company is doing and how they think the company will do. during the time i been working i seen a lot of manager leave to lack of management skills. with the company you deal with a lot of different ethnicities and different languages. the hardest part of the job is dealing with some vehicles that are new and the company does not provide the proper tools. the most enjoyable part is able to fix the isssue with the car and able to make customer happy.
Pros
union benefits
Cons
lack of company acknoligment
Great for learning how to run a business
BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  NJJanuary 15, 2016
This job helped me learn how to better manage my time and employees to complete tasks effectively and in a timely manner. Learned that sometimes you've done everything you can to make a customer happy. Working as a team is very important.The most difficult part of the job was not always having enough staffing to complete all tasks. Logistics are a big part of this job, you've got to be a good multi-tasker to do well.
Pros
Healthcare, vacation, Co-workers
Cons
long hours, under staffed
A great career oppurtunity with endless possiblities for employment growth.
IRR/Instant Return Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2016
Processing high volume of incoming returning vehicles at a speedy rate. Ive learned the value of team-work working effective with coworkers to minimize our work load. I've also learned that communication can really help limit stress in the workplace.
Pros
Payed Lunch, Great Benefits, Uplifiting Work Environment
Counter sales representative
customer sales representative (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 12, 2016
I really wanted to give this job more stars, because initially it was great. After about 6 months management did a 360 and had hired many people that had no experience to work in this face paced environment. It takes months to learn what I do at the company and entry level management is not a good idea at all. I do not get paid to train management. The bwi airport location is union so there is designated shift work and extremely hard to move from a union position to management. I must say you cannot have any life if you plan on working here.
Pros
COMMISSION, BENEFITS, EMPLOYEES
Cons
SHORT BREAKS, UNDERPAID, BAD MANAGEMENT, SHIFT WORK
Terrible place
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 16, 2016
Management only cares about results and getting their bonuses they don't care who they step on or tic off along the way including their own employees. And at the same time they don't give you the tools that you would need to be successful. It is very stressful just one problem after another out of the frying pan and into the fire.
Pros
Cons
highly stressful and not rewarding.
Reaching my Full Potential
Branch Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 11, 2016
Inside Hertz there are many instant difficult challenges, no day is ever the same as before. It has taught me patient team leadership skills and Professionalism defined. Hardest part of the Job would be is a good Question...lol. I love the Job for all the different pepole I meet and Relationships that are made.
Pros
People I work with.
Cons
Lack of Advancement
Very productive
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNJanuary 9, 2016
In a typical day I manage rental contracts. I make sure information is correct and justify rentals for insurance company. I make sure rentals contracts end at the correct time, based on labor hours from estimates and supplements. I extend rentals and make sure I stay in communication with adjusters and appraisers about the rental contracts. I also do invoices for insurance company and Sales calls to body shops and agents.
Hertz Summary
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 6, 2016
Days are always new and challenging. Have learned many leadership and management techniques. Many great co workers and management leaders. There are two very enjoyable parts of my day. At the end of the day knowing that I have helped at least one person. As well as making my employees better by ensuring they learn something new each and everyday before leaving.
Pros
Quick management advancement, company car, many new business relationships
Cons
Management advancement does stall out, compensation does not match the hours worked, staffing leads to difficult days
Good workplace to start career
Instant Return Representative (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 6, 2016
 Provide customer service by managing vehicle returns process, in compliance with Hertz's policies and procedures
 Personally welcome all customers with a pleasant greeting and professional attitude at all times
 Provide the customer with an invoice and a full explanation of their charges
 Resolve customer issues and concerns professionally using effective customer service techniques
 Inspect vehicle and record any new damage or major cleaning requirements and complete required documentation
productive place to work for with a different atmosphere
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2016
Working for Hertz has taught me alot about myself base upon handling various situations base on a customer needs whether its a business traveler or a family on vacation..
Pros
meeting different kind of people everyday
Cons
trying to control a situations that beyond your control
Will make you hate life.
Express Rent Virtual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2016
Management are mostly morons, forced overtime, no respect for employees, fire people at the drop of a hat, low pay with a bonus structure designed to cheat you out of the money you earn, slave drivers looking for drones to obey and rip off customers.
Pros
Only pro is not working there
Cons
Everything, this company sucks
enjoy driving the car back and forth to the airport
Supervisor Maria (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMarch 20, 2016
after 2 years was still making 8.25 hr with no benefits no holiday pay for transporters enjoyed working with the other employees, I moved an average of 5 to 6 cars a hr from the airport to the garage to get cleaned it was about 15 minutes round trip my job was to keep the lot filled with clean cars daily
Too many hours
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAApril 26, 2016
I went to this job thinking it would be a fun environment and it was not. I was told I would have weekends off and flexible hours - complete lie. I worked on average 50 hours a week and was sent home mid morning when I reached too many hours according to management. Saturdays and Sundays are spent working 10-13 hours shifts ALONE. No help.
Everyday quick learning environment
Assistant Branch Manager Hertz Rental Car (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 28, 2015
My work experience with Hertz has created a new image as a manager. We had to meet our customer needs before and when the stepped into our office. I learned how to truly coordinate my co-workers in order to keep the business run efficiently day in and day out. The hardest part of my job is remember customers that continued to grow because of our great customer service. The most thing that I have enjoyed is turning a customer's upset face into a happy face.
hertz
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 2, 2016
no work life balance... upper management doesn't care. work long hours, and if you can't sell, your out. if you can sell, your good for a little while. the company cares about one thing, making money. they don't care about you or your personal life. The Pay IS HORRIBLE if YOU HAVE A FAMILY. Live paycheck to paycheck
Pros
get to drive new cars
Cons
insurance, management