The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,358 reviews matching the search
Terrible Place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 14, 2016
The pay is not good at all to many broken promises on pay raises etc. I been here 8 months and I have seen more people fired and it's scary the turn over rate is high I wouldn't advised anyone to work here. i'm on my way out not I look for new jobs everyday.
Pros
40% off rentals
Cons
The rates are sky high for rentals so you really don't see your discount and management is awful
Relaxed work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 28, 2016
Too relaxed of a company and management, very disorganized and unaccommodating, poor employee treatment and compensation, stressful work environment due to lack of planning, hard to manage a healthy life/work balance here, no opportunity for advancement.
Easy-going Work environment
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2017
The environment was lax as long as you were doing your work. My immediate manager was out of Dallas, so we had close eyes on us, but we knew if we did our work no one would bother us.
Pros
1 hour lunch, 40% discounts on rental fleet
Cons
not much OT, raises were kind of skimpy
fast paced environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2017
the company is a good start to your career especially coming out of college. fast paced, and a lot of hours. the compensation is okay, but you do have the potential to bonus off of your sales.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
management training
I like my job, because I love customer service.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 10, 2017
I love my job, because all employees and management are friendly.
I think this is fun job as long we give an excellent customer service, otherwise it is not a hard job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Schedule or shift bid almost every three months
Good place to get experience
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2017
It's a good place for work and to get experience while you graduate, and if you really want to make a career, oportunities are everywhere, just watch the location where you are.
Pros
Free gas and car privileges for managers
Cons
They push for you to be on salary and overwork you
Only good for building up your resume
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 4, 2017
This is a good job if you are just graduating and need experience but you have to be really good in sales to advance. I wouldn't make a career out of this job. High turnover rate and compensation is not great for the amount of work you do everyday.
physically demanding. Constantly walking and standing.
Instant Return Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 14, 2017
Company offers decent incentives far as heath benefits, and bonuses. However, management and cooperate are not productive. They don't really care about employees.
Cons
barely have time for brakes. Managers play favoritism.
Awful job
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 6, 2017
If you are looking to be paid little, work 10-12 hours a day, and be micro-manged then this is the job for you. They do not care about their employees at all and only care about you making sales. Do not look at the salary they say you will make it is not true. You will probably make about half of the 35,000 it says.
Pros
discounts on car rentals
Cons
everything else
Toxic environment in car sales division
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYAugust 24, 2016
The sky is the limit when it comes to money you can make because most of your income comes from commission. You get a small salary and the rest is up to you in sales commissions. Benefits are excellent compared to others but you do have to pay into it as well. The management is most of the problem because they will lie and manipulate situations to get you to sell more cars. Some co-workers...not all... will steal and lie to get a car deal in there pocket and don't expect much help from upper management or your HR department. In the winter you will be expected to clean, dig or push snowbound cars out of snow because management will not hire anyone to do this work. Hours are typical but not as bad as regular car dealerships in which you will have to work most holidays, some nights and Saturdays are mandatory. I can go on and on with negative feedback but you get the point. The only thing I enjoyed was the money I made but the environment was very toxic in nature so if your ok with that then this is the career for you.
Pros
Money and benefits
Cons
Toxic environment, Saturdays and most holidays you will work
Creative Thinkers Need Not Apply
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 24, 2016
Top down managed company which of course means no autonomy. You are micro managed by people that do not have experience in the industry. The Comapny has a high probability of failure due to high debt levels, shrinking revenue and worst of all no identity/culture.
Cons
Compensation, lack of culture, not encouraged to speak up. The definition of insanity, the same thing every week. Not growing as a company.
Hertz
Area Manager, (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2017
Great company with awesome benefits. Lots of training and room for advancement available. Great for sales, management, logistics, leadership and account management experience.
Great people to work with....
Former Hertz Employee (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 15, 2016
Overall great place to work for with good benefits, salary, and genuine good people to work with. Should focus on technology and caring for employees better as they are the glue that holds the company together.
Pros
Onsite cafateria was mediocre at best. Great people to work with, that's about it.
Cons
Antiquated technology.....
Productive and fun environment to work
Dispatcher/Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2017
Hertz is a friendly corporation with great benefits and opportunities for growth in your career and personal self development
Depends on the Person
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 15, 2017
The company just stop the commission pay, the raise is laughable at best. Great place to work with good benefits and flexible hours, but the pay is something to be desired unless you become a branch manager.
Ever see a sinking ship use metal bucket and hole plug to stay a float.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJDecember 26, 2016
not the best place to work it a good place to start but it get old fast you learn never quick that the management is looking out for them selves only. but this isn't due to the people it the culture you can de fuse so many problem issues and provide amazing service that insure the customer to return but the bottom line is sales. It the culture that developed where how great you do your job is purely a number of how much you make per transaction. it drains the life from you making you want to do so much more with your life because hertz isn't worth .

ps the ceo is always someone new
Pros
good health care program and you learn when people trying to sell you stuff
Cons
long hours under paid no real learning or teaching going on
No job security
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 31, 2016
It's a cut-throat business unless you're in with the right crowd. Company was on a hiring freeze when I was still working for them as a Location Manager. Typically it would be a descent company to advance with, but the new CEO made a lot of cuts due to the previous CEO's investigation for "cooking the books."
Pros
Not HR-hyper, you can have a little fun, descent pay with car perks, hospitality passes, can advance quickly when not on a hiring freeze
Cons
low job security, staffing issues, worked into the ground, long hours, putting up with crazy customers all day everyday
Security Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 16, 2017
I enjoyed going to work every day. I had a wonderful supervisor who genuinely cares about her employees. Loved my coworkers and loved my job. The only reason I left is I moved out of the area. Otherwise, I would have made Hertz my retirement.
Pros
Hours, benefits, coworkers, time off
Custer Care Clerk
CUSTOMER CARE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 2, 2016
Never had enough staff to take overwhelming high call volume. Management never fully communicated new company policies in time to allow staff to acclimate to assist customer with newly imposed guidelines.
Pros
great benefits, overtime
Cons
no advancement, under-staffed
Bad place to work!!
Vsa (Former Employee) –  Sacormento airportMarch 2, 2017
Low pay and the benefits take half ur paycheck if ur a vsa or work for the union.mandatory over time barely get any sleep Poor management. dont apply!
Pros
A pay check.and a job
Cons
Management is lacking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.