The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

cool place to work
BUS DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2018
better than most job offerings. management is ok. benefits are great. the worst part is dealing with irate customers who are sometimes hard to please when circumstances at LAX are out of our hands.
Pros
weekly pay unionized
Cons
long days
Not good
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 2, 2018
At one time the Hertz Corporation was a beautiful place to work employees were respected performance was expected and now it is no longer the case from an employee perspective.
True
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Management sucks. Just looking for you!!! Like a jail don't care about the employees just their yearly bonus specially at burbank airport. The manager 1 j t
Pros
lunch time
Cons
No insurance
Must be highly motivated
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 31, 2018
Fast pace environment. You must be able to think on your feet and be able to resolve problem independently. Good place to work. If you are not a self-driven person this is not a drive for you.
Productive busy fun work place
Inside Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  De pere wiJanuary 31, 2018
I would recommend a friend. I really enjoyed working there and given the opportunity I would love to return to continue future career endeavors.
I truly think this is a position to grow from however most opportunities require moving to another location.
Pros
Stay busy
Cons
Could use additional staffing
Not worth it...
Cashier/Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma city, OKJanuary 31, 2018
I waited over a month after I got hired to start this position, this is a real joke. They do not care about their employees. I got sick with bronchitis had all my doctor statements everything and they still terminated me
Pros
Cons
Sorry management
Nice place to work
Lead Counter Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2018
Good place to work. Some locations have good benefits, due to contracts with the union. Decent money can be made working at the counter in an international airport.
The money just kept disappearing
Virtual Sales Representative Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 30, 2018
I took a position based on a smaller hourly pay and a performance incentive. The amount of the incentive available kept dropping- I lost $17k of income when I did my taxes from one year to the next.

Management was repeatedly informed about flaws in their software and the way airport locations cheated us but did nothing about it. Later found out they had not updated the software and what we used was 14 versions behind the current release. Managers were encouraged to threaten agents with disciplinary action over known computer flaws even though HR did not let them take that action.

Right now the corporate leadership is not about profit, which if you were there to make money means its not available.
Hard Labor
Manager Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2018
Washing and cleaning cars in full business attire and expected to look professional, taught nothing about the business. Given contradictory instructions and expected to know what management was thinking.
Pros
Cons
half our lunch where you could find it
The most boring place I ever worked
Express Rent Sales Specialist, U.S (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 30, 2018
No appeal at all. Chances for advancement are practically non-existent. Keep doing what you're doing. No control over incoming calls on the virtual system and lots of sales that were supposed to come our way were stolen by personnel at physical location undercutting us by offering better deals than we could virtually or passing their problem rentals to us.
Pros
Meeting a variety of different customers
Cons
Competing with fellow Hertz employees at the physical location
Hard work for little pay
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Hard work, you wear many hats and do many jobs. They promise you a management position but upper management are only looking out for themselves. You have to clean cars and take care of customers while being in a suite
Pros
commision and possible management job
Cons
long hours and low pay
Great company
Instant Return Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Working for the company was a great experience. It was a fair and fast paced job at times. The compensation plan was hard to accomplish, but it wasn't impossible.
Sales people sell you the job
Branch Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  IowaJanuary 29, 2018
What sounded great was the promotion opportunities you could get in short time if you do good work or (sales). What I end up being is a glorified detailer with no signs of promotion in the skyline. I like the operation itself and please with seriousness consider having more than just three people in each branch, I get that you're trying to maximize productivity and reduce as much wage expense accrued to your account. I enjoy getting to know the frequent travelers, the frequent customers. Pay is not very well as I was promised and you have to rely on the bonuses to pay the bill. If you get a bad review from a customer then good luck being a month behind on bills.
learnered alot
Customer representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 29, 2018
Started in HLE local addition. which offers great training and support. Went to Airport in Newark Management is inconsistent and high overturn, as a result can be difficult at times.
Pros
training car discount
Cons
management
I enjoyed my time here
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 29, 2018
Fun place no life balances at certain locations but others maybe have to much life balance. Just depends where you work. Can move up if you put the work in, but the pay is not where is should be.
Great
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 28, 2018
great place to work.
great benefits offered, good vacation accrual.
learned with work with all ages and types of customers.
hardest part was working in the cold.
Hit or Miss
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 28, 2018
In the beginning the company was very helpful and allowed for constant job upgrades but it requires a lot of your time and you tend to not have any free weekends.

My new area manager was disrespectful and didn't allow for movement up based on merit only on stupid reasons
productive
Car Transporter (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 28, 2018
fun exciting you get to drive cars around park them get into a dirty car and do it all over again it didnt even feel like i was at work i loves this job
Pros
no pto
Cons
fun people
No complaints
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLJanuary 26, 2018
Small office environment. Not a great deal to do. The executives I was hired to support had never had an EA and did not know how to utilize me. Really didn’t need me. Very bored at this job.
Do not work at HERTZ
Manager Associate (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 26, 2018
Worst job, management, pay and customers I have ever dealt with. The job sucks do not work there they will lie to you and overwork you. I do not have anymore to say it is the worst job I have ever had

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.