The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,416 reviews matching the search
Fast Paced
Assistant/Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 5, 2017
Hertz was a very high paced stressful job with high demands for sales from management. Job security was dependent upon sales. The work environment was sometimes stressful among st employees and customers. This job is very demanding..
Pros
ability to make bonuses
Cons
high customer stress
Good starter job for good career
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2017
I have had a good career but have recently found it difficult to progress the way I want to. I am now traveling but would like to find a home at a location where I can settle in for a while.
Great Place to Start a Career
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILApril 5, 2017
I was able to learn a lot from Hertz. I was able to grow my sales skills in a fast paced environment. I would recommend this job to anyone looking to learn new skills
It was a great place to work, near our home in San Diego, Ca
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 5, 2017
Hertz was a great place to work. I was the only Accounts Payable and was doing a lot of learning, which was very good. About the only thing different about Hertz, is when I learned to move vehicles from point A and point B, because the Transportation Company Vendor, employees would call off. Sometimes I would be out there most of the day. Then I had my job to do.
Productive and fun.
Consultant (Cash Dept) (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJApril 4, 2017
Small organization.
Dress code was business.
Compensation was not enough and it was a long commute.
I developed a set procedure to reconcile bank account.
Professional management.
Pros
Friendly department
Cons
Long commute.
Location Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYApril 4, 2017
Great place to work while in college. They provide a flexible work schedule and a friendly atmosphere to grow. Management is very involved and kind. Good option overall but pay is not to competitive.
It has great work culture
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLApril 3, 2017
Upper management is very knowledgeable and comprehensive. Are always available for questions or situations employees may come across. The culture at Hertz is very good and not too hectic.
Productive and fun work enviorment.
Body Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 3, 2017
Workplace is calming, always felt safe going to work and being at work. Easy pace and supervisor's and co-workers to help you with training and lots of resources
Pros
Great Lunch Area with diffrent choices of foods
Cons
Healthcare/insrance prices
Heavy atmosphere
Vehicle Control Rep. / Do Not Rent Rep. (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 3, 2017
You will come in to Hertz with questions and leave with those questions. Communication between departments is the biggest downfall and really holds back customers on getting issues resolved with in the company.
Pros
Free Gym, nice cafeteria, A lot of building activities
Cons
Poor communication, poor leadership
Stressful job, underpaid employees
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAApril 1, 2017
A rat race everyday, branches are understaffed and employees are stretched to there limits. Lots of cut throat practices here and in the industry in general.
Pros
good training for sales
Cons
terrible stressful days
It was good at first
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 1, 2017
They kept switching contracts with companies while I was there. The management was very rude and treated me like I was a child. The only possibility move up to management was for the same amount of money as a new person.
educational job
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Hapeville, GAMarch 29, 2017
I love my job everyday is something new to learn. I love taking on task that is time and learning consuming. I have no problems with working overtime. I work with employees that are like me that loves to help anybody with help.
Comment provided to potential oppurtunity
General Manager/Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 29, 2017
In my five year of employment and three CEO the culture of Hertz has become a dark hole of uncertainty and low moral. I once look forward to coming to to work in the morning and dread my next email.
Pros
Low compinsation
Cons
Over 18 roles of duties and held accountable with no compensation, also over 20 upper AND lower management dictating process with no field experience.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, ORMarch 29, 2017
Loved working there. Old manager was able to move me up quickly, he relocated and new managment was terrible. Was promised things that weren't followed through on. This location is a single run op. So work to life ratio wasn't even. Sadly they closed down due to airline going out and poor management.
Very Disappointing
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 29, 2017
Started as a manager-in-training. In my two interviews, I was told the management training program was designed to get me to advance in 3-6 months. After 10 months at the company there was no sign of advancement so I decided to leave. Something they didn't mention in the interviews was how your career and salary at Hertz are based on your ability to sell the extra insurance.
Branch and upper management show no support to their employees. When I voiced my concerns about problems within the branch or area I was brushed aside. Daily, during busy seasons, cars are booked within the system that you don't have in your fleet. So, it's a daily scramble of trying to find cars or calling customers to cancel reservations.
My shifts were 10-11 hours a day, so there wasn't much family life outside of work. This job, in turn, wears you out quickly. They required a college education to be a manager-in-training when I started, but I'm not sure if this has changed. If you are fresh out of school and desperate for a job then this may be the way to go for a short time, because they were always desperate for new hires, at least in my area. Keep your eye out for another job with advancement opportunities though.
Pros
Got a quick paycheck fresh out of school
Cons
No breaks, terrible management and leadership
Good Place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Freeland, MIMarch 29, 2017
This company is good to work for. They encourage you to advance, and work with you to do so. Didn't work here very long, but the atmosphere was good, and the office staff was great to work with. Hertz hires people who enjoy their job, and are looking to make a difference.
Good people to work for
Service manager/field service manager, LA/OC/IE (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAMarch 28, 2017
Fast paced customer oriented corporation. Unsure of how the culture or future of Hertz Equipment Rental will be with the split from the Hertz corporation. As a stand alone corporation the future is questionable, Management was good, the work place culture was positive and upbeat. Tons of opportunity pre Corp. split. Worked with good people, the most enjoyable part of the job as a manager was having a brand new company vehicle every 3 years. Also, I enjoyed the challenge that every day brought, solving problems, executing new projects, traveling, working with some very solid staff.
Pros
Great benefits, pay was good with a person of tenure, good opportunity for advancement
Cons
Really don't have any negatives to say about my time there.
Great Place to Learn
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILMarch 28, 2017
Great job to start your career and learn. There is tremendous room for advancement but you get what you put in here. Things change frequently and there is a ton of turn over.
Very nice place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 28, 2017
One of the biggest rental car company in the world good management teamwork were very excellent good quality service customers always satisfy with the service that the company provide
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
productive and fun place to work
Collections Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 28, 2017
I loved working for Hertz. Their benefits are amazing and the supervisors go out of their way to make you feel valued and part of the team. If something comes up at home they will let you take care of it with penalizing you for taking care of it. Also they have a lot of different activities and there is plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
onsite cafeteria
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.