The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,995 reviews matching the search
not worth working for
car detailer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 22, 2016
the pay was inadequate , there were ridiculous hours , no benefits , overworked , plus expectations were not met when I was hired
Pros
Cons
no benefits
Productive work environment.
Tour Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 22, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with both employees and the account contacts to resolve issues.
Good co-workers, always felt that we were a team.
Excellent Company - Strong Leadership
Field Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Western United StatesApril 22, 2016
Good place to Work, Excellent benefits.
Generally don't have to Work weekends.
No Micro Managing. Almost all the Technicians have Tenure, Advice is just an Email away to the Team.
Pros
Company Provides Vehicle, You Work on your own, Get to Travel
Cons
Sometimes Long Hours to get the Job done.
very good place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 21, 2016
its very common at Hertz that customers often forget their belongings like cell phones etc in the vehicles and Its my first preference to contact customers to inform them for missing stuff. Many times customers are so happy to give me good tips.
No Summary
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYApril 21, 2016
No summary at this time. Will provide summary upon subsequent relocation from this position. Over all it is a good place to work and would recommend this location but have a flexible schedule.
pro
con
I loved the people I worked with, it made each day pretty amazing.
Applications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 21, 2016
The work was always challenging. Our team created and supported the point of sales application for Hertz Corporation (USA/Europe). My particular team captured/stored/served up data for a number of applications.

My typical day would consisted reviewing logs from overnight batch processing and resolving any issues. Then we would work on predefined tasks created by our business analysts. I typically would be a lead consultant and developer on most large scale products and a developer on small projects. I liked architectural design and development the best. I worked well with our business analyst and always aimed for the best product.

Our management team was very forward thinking and I have heard from a number of contractors we had one of the best supported and documented system. Our team was amazing, the best I have ever worked with.

The hardest part of my job was selecting the most challenging code and creating designs that were manageable and maintainable. I love learning and excelling in all aspect of my job.
Pros
Great team work and new challenges.
Cons
Outsourcing
overworked,underpaid,not appreciated
Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2016
typical day is 12 hours of work, with one day off a week if you are lucky. management expects way too much of you for $12.00/$13.00an hr also there is too much inconsistency on what to do and when to do it.
Pros
a check
Cons
low on cars, long work hours, etc
Do not work at Hertz
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  NCApril 20, 2016
You are constantly under staffed and the responsibilities are unending. You are required to sell insurance to customers and meet goals and if you don't reach them then the company looks at you like you are worthless to the point that your job will be in jeopardy. The people who get promoted are the ones that "sell" but the problem is that the company has promoted it's next manager but they are not manager material. I have seen people be promoted over employees who would be suitable managers only because they can sell the insurance better. I have also seen great coworkers of mine, I mean people that will give you the shirt off your back or do ample work for the company outside of office hours, be fired due to the fact that they couldn't quite get their sales numbers up.This is a poor way to do business. The insurance sell is a sham in and of itself because most people already have car insurance and do not need additional coverage. We are then forced into trying to trick the customer into why they need it even though we all know it is not necessary. To say that it is a "manager trainee" position is absurd. It only trains you on how to be a stressed out dishonest person. I have seen it change employees from generally happy, decent people to people that complain nonstop and take out their frustrations on customers....customers that are paying hundreds of dollars on a car rental. My advice to a fresh college graduate is to look for work elsewhere. You can do better than this company. It has literally been the worst experience of my life.
Pros
some great coworkers
Cons
work life balance, unstable work environment, ridiculous sales goals, management that sees your struggles and does nothing about it, running out of cars, cleaning cars in professional attire, understaffed, extra work goes unnoticed, phones ringing nonstop
IT Division has been outscourced to IBM
IT/Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 19, 2016
I will miss this great job experience, promoting leadership, trust relationship with our business partners and team building during my years at Hertz/Information Technology.
IT outsourcing
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLApril 17, 2016
Jobs are gone for IT. Moving to offshore model. Poor CIO with no interest in his employees.Don't apply here if you want IT career.
A company that does not have a vision
Strategic Sourcing Manager (consultant) (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLApril 16, 2016
If I was a young college graduate looking for an opportunity, this company would not serve as a model of other highly performing organizations
fun places
domestic reservation (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 15, 2016
we would have a deadline on sales and see who get the most the environment was also nice along with the co-workers. I love booking reservation all over the state
Overall its an ok job
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 14, 2016
The job was easy because it's what you make of it. the pay is great for whats it's worth with commission and hourly pay. The only thing negative was management didn't see eye to eye with anyone.
Pros
benifits comission
Cons
bad management
NO, just NO
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Asbury Park, NJApril 13, 2016
Do not sell your soul, the pay is not worth it. Neither is the headache. I had an decent manager but his boss was raging idiot. The best part of the job was the location and they shut down so many branches that hardly applies to anyone anywhere anymore.
Hertz does not pay enough
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 13, 2016
This job is okay and one of the last resorts right out of college. Mostly for people who haven't gotten a job in their field or for those who need something right out of college. The pay is low. only 11.50 an hour when you first start. Then 13 an hour after taking your HMI test and once you become a branch manager only a 50 cent raise. I think they should at least start you out with 13 and then work your way up to 15. It's sad. not a lot of benefits either. and the new bonus plan sound horrible. Hertz is really going down hill.
Pros
not a hard job.
Cons
low pay for a college grad
No Resources and Horrible Morale
Location Manager II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2016
Just a horrible place to work. I have not met one person who is still happy to be here. This is a sinking ship where everyone is trying to save their own behinds.
Loved the small office I worked in with the few employees we had there. I was not a fan of those above us though.
Managerial Associate (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 11, 2016
A typical day at work was fairly easy and simple. Made sure that cars were ready to go when the customers arrived, and it was very low stress.
I learned about how to individually and calmly resolve conflicts and concerns for our customers.
I loved working with my manager. He was a great example of how to work and still have fun.
My co-workers were great, we all got along really well.
Hardest part of the job was trying to be in a lot of places all at the same time. On Monday mornings we would be really busy and we would be spread pretty thin as we tried to pick up multiple customers from multiple locations.
Most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers, it was a blast going to work every day.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Upper management not so much fun
Will make you hate life.
Express Rent Virtual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2016
Management are mostly morons, forced overtime, no respect for employees, fire people at the drop of a hat, low pay with a bonus structure designed to cheat you out of the money you earn, slave drivers looking for drones to obey and rip off customers.
Pros
Only pro is not working there
Cons
Everything, this company sucks
Fast-Paced, Customer Service Focused Career
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAApril 9, 2016
As a manager trainee, I work six days a week, with a ten hour day for five days of those six days.

I learned a lot about customer service importance in a company

Managing well is very important

Work culture could be a little bit more appropriate, but this company is a very male-centered cultured job site.

I love driving different cars every day and learning new trainings as well.

I love how fast paced the environment is, and it helps keep me busy and on my toes.
Pros
Long hours and great benefits
Cons
work environment could be overwhelming and isolated at times
Great work place with very low turnover rate.
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 8, 2016
My work involves providing excellent customer service to customers who come to our location to rent and return vehicles. I'm entrusted with the responsibility of processing the rental contracts for our customers and resolving any issues that may arise in the process. We have location managers available to handle any issues that I may not be able to resolve. The co-workers are fun to work with since we enjoy the work environment created by our managers. The most challenging part of my job is deescalating situations that arise when dealing with upset customers. However, it's very fulfilling when I resolve the customer issues and watch them leave my desk smiling.
Pros
Healthcare, 104k, great managers
Cons
lose vacation hours if not used by the end of the year