The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Pros and Cons
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Pros: Various tasks to perform so you shift goes by quickly. Tasks include customer services, rental transactions, transporting vehicles, washing vehicles, and doing administrative tasks. Discount of 40% off rentals.

Cons:
Ten to eleven hour shifts throughout the week. Little to no break. Always trying to find more vehicles. Reservation system is not synced to location. I.E. you can book a car online that your location does not have. Low pay. Changed the bonus structure. Now, entry level trainees don't get bonus off what they sell.( (this may change again))
Finance clerk
Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PASeptember 17, 2017
Work normal hours. Deal with banking and financial information. Very data entry heavy. Occasionally take customers out for test drives and get them do walk around each car to check for dents or scratches.
really fast paced but
Hertz Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 17, 2017
typically work 10 hour days, shifts on saturdays once or twice a month. Difficult work/life balance. There is a fast track to getting promoted within 6 months. great benefits but stressful environment as you have to basically do everything yourself including but not limited to (clean cars, pick/up and drop off customers, deliver rentals to body shops/residences, customer service face to face/phone. ) really sales driven and competitive. if you don't keep sales numbers at a certain percentage, there is a 3-strike probation period, and if you strike out on the third, they let you go. good car rental discounts though. It's a good company to start off with, especially if you are a recent graduate or just getting back into the work force, but i wouldn't recommend staying longer than 2 years, unless you aren't looking for anything else.
Pros
40% discount on rentals, paid holidays, overtime for weekend
Cons
work/life balance
n/a
Vehicle Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 17, 2017
The company is alright. The work is very demanding and the pay isn't that great for the work. We can't really pick out what hours we want but they give us shift bids. The shift bids hours are okay.
poor off site management and customer service
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 17, 2017
If Hertz finally decides to understand state requirements in selling cars and after the sale customer service, they will be really successful in keeping sales personnel.
Pros
good business plan on selling off fleet of rental cars
Cons
poor implementation and customer service
High paced and cut throat
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 15, 2017
was very quick and management tended to place the blame on the lower tier employees. Long hours and a lack of communication between department heads caused many operation issues.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Very busy and cut throght
Customer Service/ Sales (Current Employee) –  401 n state streetSeptember 14, 2017
Its a good job except when they over book a location and run out of cars to rent, customers have to wait or cancel the reservation. And you have to have tough skin customers are not nice face to face. But otherwise you can make a lot of money.
fulfilling
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 14, 2017
I truly love my job at hertz and can't think of anything that I'd change except that I would like to some more training and deeper repairs on the various models we carry and maintain
Pros
great boss and never a dull day
Cons
short time notice on speciality rentals
bad place to work
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2017
they do not care about this employees or customers. they just get their money and move on to the next. you are just a number to them and they will treat you as such
great place to work
Corporate Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 13, 2017
Hertz is a ever-changing environment, you must be able to learn on the fly. Management can be in direct. You must be a problem solver and have a hunters mentality.
Pros
stable income
Cons
need more trains with on boarding

Want to know more about The Hertz Corporation?

Ask a question
Company In jeopardy.
Pre-Owned Purchasing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 13, 2017
Our dept was unexpectedly laid off, and our responsibilities outsourced. We traveled across the world to train our replacements and were laid off. The company we were outsourced to was not capable of handling our accounts, so they lost the contract and the accounts were brought back to okc. So...we were all fired and displaced for no reason. Not having job security is a big deal. I would not recommend this company based on how this was handled.
Pros
Great people, good benefits.
Cons
Upper management clueless.
Great enviroment
Gold Choice Representative (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 12, 2017
Hertz is fast paste environment but is a really nice place to work you get to interact and meet new people. One thing I like about this job was it wants stressful to my personal life.
Cons
work hours
Not rewarding
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Typical work day consists of having to sell products or services, cleaning vehicles, and picking up customers. You do learn a lot of Business- business skills.
Temporary job which was more physical than a desk job
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 8, 2017
Fun to drive different models of cars in the rental fleet; no serious thinking required on the job except safety concerns. Supervisors did not directly manage workers but more experienced workers provided the necessary training.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly co-workers
Cons
certain hours are fast-paced in a confined working space
good place to work when there is work available
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 7, 2017
Work moving cars to and from other locations. Work is good when it is avaliable. Exteemely spotty. Some weeks daily but lately most weeks nothing. Would like something more dependable. Day started at either 6am or 7am depending on the destination. Work with a group of excellent people.
Cons
Not enough work
Work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Napa, CASeptember 7, 2017
Long hours. OK pay. No management. Shortage of employees. High turnover. 8 of 11 managers have left the company in the past year...............................
Very stressful
Area Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 6, 2017
The front-line employees (customer facing staff) is put in a very stressful situations by management especially during the peak seasons. Hertz management constantly overbooks vehicles and the front-line staff is left to explain the customers why the vehicles are not available creating very stressful/unpleasant situations. The goals/expectations sometimes can be unreasonable along with stress has led to very high turnover at Hertz.
Cons
Stress, Management does not care
enjoyed working with others
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 6, 2017
would take clean cars to airport and bring back ones that customers returned and also when needed would take cars out of town a few days a week or so and sometime help clean them
Good Management Trainee Program
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILSeptember 6, 2017
Good Management Trainee Program. Be ready to run the business as it were your own. Will have to keep car and store clean and account for all revenue that store brings in.
Productive, Fun
Gold Choice Lead CSR (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 6, 2017
This is a great place to work. It was at the airport so I met lots of different people and I really enjoy that. Unfortunalty I did the graveyard shift for years and Had a little one so I ended up being a staty at home mom for a while
Benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.