The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,197 reviews matching the search
Hertz
Vehicle Service Attended (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 17, 2016
Ok Company to work for, Management not easy to talk to, it either her way or no way even if it help with time management, Sence of Divied between counter and Shop worker and management dents to favor counter reps
Complete Lack of Proper Management
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 16, 2016
During my time as a vehicle service attendant at Hertz, I was met with an overbearing workload on a daily basis. My hours were from 8am to 5pm, but I would frequently have to stay behind (often til close at 10-11pm) to help get cars cleaned as I had very little, if any, assistance in the washbay. The company washbay is little more than a run down shack and the equipment used to clean cars is sub-par at best.

Management does little more than what is necessary to keep their own jobs and will offer no assistance in any way, shape, or form to their employees unless it is something the company could risk getting sued over.

During the nearly two years that I worked here, I saw several other employees come and go due to difficulties with management and I eventually left for the same reason.

I DO NOT recommend anyone apply for a position with Hertz. You will be treated poorly and unfairly. So unless you enjoy being taken advantage of, I suggest you look elsewhere.
Pros
Good medical, dental, and vision benefits
Cons
Horrible management, employees are taken advantage of
Not enough pay, but enjoyable job.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 15, 2016
A typical day would be traveling back and forwards to Tallahassee, Florida and Thomasville, Georgia picking up automobiles for rental. many people would get tired of something like this but, It was just a little repeated road trip with a car exchange.
Pros
driving new cars and being responsible to delivery people can depend on you!
Cons
you get to enjoy driving while listening to music, meet others and see new places.
all over the place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2016
never a dull day from looking for cars to never saying no to any state farm request. hours long and job description changed each day. most days you would find yourself doing things that were not in you job description.
fun place
Maintenance Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 13, 2016
enjoyed working with my co-workers and customers. always busy, and never a dull moment. enjoyed meeting a lot of new people.
Cons
Decent Job that will keep you busy
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 11, 2016
I have been working with Hertz for a few months and while I really do enjoy the job, it can get to be very stressful. As a manager, you are divided among five departments and they will all need your help at once, it seems. The expectations for locations managers is very high and they are seniority based not performance. If there is no one new under you, do not expect an easy schedule. Overall it is a good job, it's just very chaotic.
Pros
Great benefits, guaranteed off days
Cons
No break for managers, stressful, no work-life balance, seniority based
Excellent
Transporter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2016
Another great family the managers and supervisor were professional and they invest in they staff with training and the tools to get the job done, excellent organization.
great company
Transporter/Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 8, 2016
I love this company. Will work for them again in the future. I was sad to leave, but life demanded it. Great management, family oriented and sales driven.
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 7, 2016
I can honestly say this is a great company to work for. Unlike many big corporations, it seems like they actually care about you and your work-life balance. The building offers nice amenities such as a cafe, a gym, nice relaxation areas, and ping pong tables. I have the opportunity to work from home, so I do most days, but the building is still very nice and less corporate and stuffy than expected. One bad thing I have to say is, they have had a bad habit of trying to outsource different departments lately to cut costs, so it doesn't feel as safe or secure as it use to. Of course, with any company, each department faces its own different set of struggles, but overall, not a terrible place to be.
Pros
Paid day off for your birthday, fun workplace events
Cons
Short breaks, Outsourcing
Fast Pace Environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 7, 2016
Employees here works longer hours and the work environment does not help the stressful situation. Management does invest in neat work envrionment for employees. They expect employees to sweep their own offices.

Want to know more about The Hertz Corporation?

Ask a question
Hard work for nothing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2016
You're pushed to sale sale sale for barely any commission. Example sale 40000 only get 1000 back. Management doesn't care, they are everywhere but they're people too so don't expect perfect. A lot of issues can be solved but this company doesn't care. They're all about money money money. If the employees received better treatment and fair pay maybe it wouldn't be so stressful especially after getting yelled at by customer after customer.
Pros
Hourly pay, commission
Cons
Low pay, low commissions, a lot of angry customers, hours are randomly assigned, management is aggressive barely a break
fast-paced and busy workplace
VSA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2016
The job was easy but still can get really busy at times. Sometimes you can have a slow day with little cars to attend to or big cars depending on the day. There were cool co-workers, but management could've been a lot better.
Pros
Available hours
Cons
No lunch break
Horrible company to work for
Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2016
This is a horrible company to work for. They do not care about their employees at all. An average work day is 10hr starting at 6:30am ending at 5pm. A typical consist of renting cars, dealing with numerous customer complaints, cleaning cars, constantly standing and walking around, picking up customers and dropping them off. You get no time to rest, even on your lunch break your still constantly being called by sales agents who are lazy and want you to everything while they do nothing, Hours are always being cut, they cut peoples pay as well including mine. Hertz is just not a company I would advise anyone to work for unless you want to be over worked for very minimal pay and get sleep because Hertz will become your life.
Stay away.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 3, 2016
This Hertz location is ran by a franchisee out of Greer, SC. The leadership for this franchise is disorganized. I interviewed for the Branch Manager job and the job title was switched to Station Manager without even giving me a notice. In my interview I was told that I would work four 10-hour shifts but I was never scheduled for 4 days. I started at 5 days and then progressed to 6 days. The job posting was for candidates that had no experience with the car rental business. I received no training on how to manage a car fleet and I received emails from corporate with them expecting me to get the car fleet taking care of. This company is very shady and misleading.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Overworked, understaffed, no training, rude emails from corporate and misleading info in interview.
fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 1, 2016
My co-workers we very professional and a typical day at work consist of washing, detailing and inspecting cars then delivering them to other rental car establishment, airports, etc.
Employees treated as if they're disposable.
Customer Service Representative Sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2016
Customer Service Sales position is not what it seems. They make it seem as if it's a great opportunity. Then after training, which they tell you is a month but really three weeks. Then you realize the how the game is played. They need to hire a new trainer that will be more truthful about what the position entails. As well as what is to HONESTLY be expected. Do not apply if you don't want to work until late evenings or until midnight and almost EVERYweekend.They tell you, you can make more than minimum an hour, which you can but eventually they'll fire you for "ethics".
Needs work
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2016
The company needs to offer benefits for the transporters. And offer some form of uniformity with the other employees. And offered airport pay of $15.00 and get quality transporters.
Great enviroment, amazing management
Web Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2016
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Massive training hours
Fun place to work
Instant Return Rep (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 22, 2016
Typical day would by check in any were from 200 to 400 cars with in an 8 hour shift, you could be by yourself or with a couple of coworkers. Learned how to manage other coworkers as well as upset customers, also the program on the tablets we use and all the charges that could have been charged. The Manager are very help full and will hep in any way they can. hardest part is managing all the cars that come in at once. and if there is upset customers how to deal with there situation.
Pros
avancement
Cons
working by yourself
Bonuses at Hertz?
None (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2016
Does anyone know how the bonus scheme works at Hertz? I've noticed that so often Hertz staff bill customers who have full insurance for other people's damage to the cars. One manager told me the same damage was billed several times to different customers. Are there penalties for staff who would miss a scratch on a car? thanks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.