The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,263 reviews matching the search
something different every day
Transporter/Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 24, 2016
basically moved cars from point a to point b . have to help customers with their cars.take cars to airport for platinum members
Mentally Exhausting
Counter Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 21, 2016
False promises, makes it almost impossible to meet goals. Makes you have to lie to customers in order to get a sale and if you don't lie well enough you'll get fired. No customer integrity
Great Place To Work And Meet New People From All Around The World
Instant Return Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 20, 2016
Very diverse line of business. The job itself allows you to self-manage and handle tasks on a day to basis without too much help from management. Room for advancement with hard work and dedication.
Long days with very little reward
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHNovember 20, 2016
Long days 6 day operation. out in the elements long hours during the day.Perks company car when your management player.

Hertz was a great company with a great management trainee program big change happened when they were sold from Ford.
Hertz Rental
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 15, 2016
Well, a typical day at work was take clean cars to the airport and pick up dirty cars from the return lot to be cleaned.I learned to be a more experienced driver, management was fine I never had any problems.My co-workers were great we all get along great I enjoyed working with them we had fun. The hardest part of the job was cold weather. The most enjoyable part was payday.
Pros
its easy work.
Cons
bad weather
Advance Management Program, moving all day
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MANovember 15, 2016
I work from 8 to 6 Monday through Friday and every other Saturday 9 to 12. Always on the go, customer service, sales based job. The hardest part about my job is making sure to please every account we work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking with customers and my manager and co-workers
fun workplace
Payment investigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 15, 2016
Great job opportunities with great management. cafateria in location. suitable for all types of employees. competitive pay. great location overall
Liked the position. Not enough work
Courtesy Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NYNovember 14, 2016
Liked driving the most. Hated the fact that LGA stopped all car rental buses from entering.
Short Breaks. Long hours. Customers are great. Got good tips. Really cold during the winter time. Bring a coat.
Fun WorkPlace/Fast Pace
Senior Property Damage Liability Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2016
I loved working at Hertz, it was the job that I had plan on retiring to
the end.
It's very fast pace and very very busy. It kept me busy until the beginning of the day and until the end. Everybody was very nice and
friendly and it was a job to look forward to going to every morning.
Terrible Place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 14, 2016
The pay is not good at all to many broken promises on pay raises etc. I been here 8 months and I have seen more people fired and it's scary the turn over rate is high I wouldn't advised anyone to work here. i'm on my way out not I look for new jobs everyday.
Pros
40% off rentals
Cons
The rates are sky high for rentals so you really don't see your discount and management is awful
Long days and low pay
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 13, 2016
I've worked for 3 different locations in 3 different cities. Most locations I've dealt with are understaffed. Typical day goes from 7:30am to 6:00pm. It's really not a terrible job, but the amount of work that is expected from you is definitely not reflected in the pay. A nice perk is getting to drive a lot of the latest makes and models of vehicles and employees get a significant discount on rentals for themselves as well as friends and family.
Licensee
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHNovember 13, 2016
Working as a licensee portion of Hertz can be rewarding and challenging at the same time. I get to work closely with my team in Columbus, however working with a corporate location can be tedious because our systems do not link. Also, there are some different policies to keep the licensee from losing money in the business that the corporate locations do not have.
Trainee Manager
Manager in Trainee (Former Employee) –  Chico, CANovember 12, 2016
wash cars, check people in, drive cars, pick up cars and passengers, go to different cities to get cars from other hertz stores, long hours and pretty good pay.
Pros
long lunches and also have my phone
Cons
management was terrible
Great learning experience, no job security!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 11, 2016
I learned so much about the rental business, cars, management and overall how to run a business in my time at Hertz. You wear many hats and are required to meet sales quotas in order to advance. As long as your numbers are good, you can get promoted very quickly. I was promoted 4 times in just over a year. I also made great money throughout my time with the company. The down side is, no matter how great you are...to this corporation, everyone is replaceable. I was fired along with many GREAT managers and no one even blinked an eye. They truly see you as just a number. It's a great starting point, but DO NOT make a career plan out of Hertz!!
Pros
Great compensation, can be fun depending on co workers, potential for quick advancement
Cons
terrible upper management, they don't care about you as a person, high turnover
Transporter Lead (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MINovember 9, 2016
I learned working with Hertz about People the way they think, different cultures, languages and much more. The benefits are very nice and the loving the flexibility with work schedule
Benefits
Aweful Placwe to Work
General Manager of Sales and Operations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2016
Super stressful, never given the tools needed for success, management makes poor decisions based what is good for the company not the employees and unrealistic goals.
Way too many hours
Location Sales and Revenue Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 8, 2016
Hertz is a large company that is very well known in the United States, but you would never know they were a fortune 500 company once you see how the operation operates.
Pros
Managers get a company car and free gas
Cons
Hours and must work Weekends and Holidays
Lead Customer Service Flex Representative (Current Employee) –  Alcoa, TNNovember 7, 2016
Great place to work but the management doesn't work very well. Alot of inconsistency among location and corporate. My coworkers are great people to work with
I w9rk the night shift and most of the time we barely have cars to cover our reservations on certain nights of the week. You get yelled at alot but you just have to realize that you cant help when you don't have cars just remember the customer is always right smile and go on. As long as we can work as a team then things always work out
Pros
benefits and vacation time
Cons
management
Call center environment, fun place to work, has gym, has decent benefits, can make great commission
Express Rents Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2016
Hertz is a good place to work with good management. The most enjoyable part of my job while working there is being able to communicate with my customers face to face through a video link making it more personable. You can make a lot of money just on commission. I would have to say that the hardest part of the job is dealing with the irate customers. It can be very challenging but I do enjoy challenges and I love working with and helping people.
Pros
being able to help people, opportunity to make a lot of commission
Cons
30 minute lunches, working every holiday
Ok company, way behind the software curve
Reconciliation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2016
I enjoyed my time with the company. The work life balance was not great as the scheduling was not flexible for non exempt personell. They also use a lot of older software no longer relevent to the modern workplace
Pros
Good heathcare and insurances
Cons
Behind the times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.