The Highlands at Wyomissing Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible department, employees can be nice
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAMarch 2, 2016
Housekeeping is the worst department. They're always hiring because no one wants to stay . The managers have no idea what they're doin or they just don't care . There is favoritism TREMENDOUSLY. The pay sucks & your raises suck too . You would think a place like this would pay their employees properly .....NOT. They're always short & make everyone pick up the slack because they can't keep people . When you first start you're in nursing which is easy . Then move to PC & Apartments . Once they notice you're a good cleaner you're stuck in apartments everyday & it's very tiring & the bosses don't care "work is work" they say . I wouldn't send my worst enemy to work in housekeeping glad I got out while I could . Only advancement is becoming a team leader .
Pros
Residents, free meals on holidays or special events
Cons
Pay, management sucks, overworked
The Highlands
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJanuary 12, 2016
It is a great place to work if you are looking to work with skilled people who work as a team.
The hardest part of the job is being on call 24/7 and working holidays if needed.
Benefits
Cons
work life/balance
Not a good place to work at. Too many Chiefs not enough help.
personal care assistant (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PANovember 5, 2015
A typical day started early in the morning. While it was nice but they did not tell you all that you had to do during the interview. They added the list of "chores" to do and later said, you agreed to do the job. I learned that they could care less about you as a person. Some of the co-workers were nice but a few could be very nasty to you. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all what you have to do. I learned that some of the early people checking in, worked on their "own" time to complete all of what they had to do before the real "check-in time" work begins. (that is illegal to do) The most enjoyable part is being with the residents, but sometimes they can be a little bit on edge. There is not enough employees to do all what must be done! Considering this is the most up-scale (high-end) retirement community in Berks County, it pays very very low.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
Lack of respect from management. Management is not nice to others.
Don't believe everything they say.
GENERAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJuly 15, 2015
Right now the morale in maintenance is extremely low. The manager in place is a rental (which seems to be the next big thing here). He has no investment in this facility and no loyalty to any current employees. No chance to "climb the ladder" either. Would rather hire an outside person than promote from within (which is what they preach) even if the new employee only knows HALF of what a current one knows. Just watch your back too if they don't like you, they will railroad you out the door too. However the only thing that gets me to work everyday is to spend some time with the guys. We have a good core group that I KNOW will fade fast due to management and that is a shame.
Pros
Residents, co-workers in all departments, vacation time
Cons
Managers, No opportunity for advancement
Think Twice
Security (Former Employee) –  WyomissingJune 6, 2015
Not a very good place to work.Maybe for a few months. Then I recommend you look else-where.
Worst department to work in, is security. Co-workers are good people. But the manager is a rent a manager, Very arrogant and
conceded. Plus poor managing skills.
Pros
Residents are great people
Cons
Poor judges of character in management. Always confused.
Wonderful place to work
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAApril 20, 2015
I supervise personal care nursing staff. I assess residents daily. I speak to doctors, families, and outside agencies to provide the highest level of care. Transcribing orders and requesting orders from MD's.
Pros
Great place to work and great company.
Unorganized
C.N.A (Former Employee) –  wyomissing paJuly 13, 2013
Very unorganized place. Management doesn't care for their employees. Employees does not like to help each other.
Good place to get started in the working world.
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJune 17, 2013
It's a good place to earn some experience if you haven't worked before. The staff in my department isn't entirely the best to work with, but they get the job done at the end of the day. Best part of working here is probably the residents though, because they're very nice. Most are pretty understanding when it gets busy too, which is helpful.
It's a very friendly environment.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAMarch 11, 2013
Really enjoy taking care of my residents. The hardest part of the job is seeing them sick, but my job is to take care of them to my best ability.

Want to know more about The Highlands at Wyomissing?

Ask a question