The Hills Health Club and Wellness Center is seeking a Group Fitness Director to develop and direct a comprehensive program of group exercise classes (100+ classes per week at six locations). The Hills is a unique facility with 35,000 square feet on 12 acres with campus and market growth potential. Our campus includes a 31,000 square foot medical/office building and it has been our mission to redefine wellness in the Austin area for the last 30 years. We provide a casual, yet accountable work environment where top performers can flourish. As the Group Fitness Director, you will have a dedicated, supportive and experienced team of peer directors with which to work. This is a 20 hour per week salaried position, with additional compensation through teaching group exercise classes, personal training and a monthly performance bonus. Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, sick leave and subsidized health insurance.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Solicit, listen to, and respond to member and instructor concerns
- Recruit, interview, audition, hire, train, motivate and evaluate group fitness staff. Discipline and terminate staff when necessary
- Identify new trends and products in the group fitness industry and evaluate their appropriateness for our club setting and participants
- Constantly monitor class attendance and audit classes. Make changes as appropriate to continually improve the program
- Maintain/update group exercise schedules in hard copy and online
- Manage substitute instructors and schedule and substitute teach classes when no other sub can be confirmed
- Create group fitness bulletin boards, promotional materials for club newsletter and monthly statements etc…
- Manage and approve the bi-weekly payroll for the department
- Current nationally-recognized group exercise certification.
- Current first aid and CPR certifications
- Must be proficient at teaching all or most of the following class formats: cardio combos, resistance training, indoor cycling, core, step and kickboxing
- Must be courteous, energetic, outgoing team player with excellent interpersonal, management, leadership, organization, programming and practical fitness skills.
- At least one year experience managing all aspects of a group fitness program
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in kinesiology, exercise science, or related field
- Ability to teach water aerobics, yoga, Pilates mat, and/or other formats
- Current personal training certification
Established, upscale health club in Westlake Hills.