The Hollywood Reporter (THR) is the premier multiplatform destination and most-widely trusted resource for entertainment news, reviews, videos and analysis. Founded in 1930, THR offers exclusive coverage of film, television, and international news, plus extensive photo galleries and reporting of industry events and festivals such as the Oscars®, Emmys, Sundance, Cannes and more. Our unparalleled content reaches the entire entertainment marketplace-allowing industry leaders, influencers and consumers to access the information they want whenever, wherever. For more information, please visit us www.thehollywoodreporter.com
The Digital Media Planner will be responsible for day to day management of all digital planning for the sales team - from conception to IO execution. This includes RFP submissions, forecast management, CRM entry and sales analysis.
- Develop strong, creative and effective media plans based on strategies and available inventory on THR
- RFP and Proactive submissions include media plans, spec requirements, screenshot decks and client proposals (outlining program concepts)
- Understand the different needs and objectives for Trade campaigns vs. Consumer campaigns
- Respond to RFPs for publishers and agencies in a timely fashion
- Partake in group brainstorming sessions with the intention of bringing great ideas to life
- Work with Sales and your immediate team to ensure plans are on strategy and meet client objectives
- Pull inventory for plans, book plans and work closely with Ad ops to make sure inventory is available once booked
- Work with research team to maintain accurate online media kits and FAQs for advertisers
- Create insertion orders and work with clients to ensure adherence to terms and conditions
- Coordinate special requests, contest pages, approvals, etc. with sales, marketing and prod dev
- Make optimization recommendations based on reports provided by ad ops team
- Work with Sales Rep and finance team to reconcile billing discrepancies
- Create campaign Recaps for clients/agencies/sales team
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the online advertising industry
- Extremely organized and an exceptional multi-tasker
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - delivers information in a clear and concise manner.
- Solution oriented – resourceful, thorough, organized. A proactive problem solver, quick learner and strategic thinker.
- Team oriented – flexible, helpful and able to work well with others.
- Exercises professional demeanor and follows direction - buttoned up, respectful of management and colleagues decisions, delivers upon requests, follows procedure.
- Ability to work independently - pays attention to detail and delivers ‘client ready’ work (plans and decks) that have been proofread and formatted appropriately.
- Time Management - able to work under tight deadlines/quick project turnarounds, in a fast paced environment. Uses downtime effectively and efficiently.
- Available and able to attend meetings or work events if needed/requested from management
- Minimum 2 years digital planning experience at an agency or at an online publisher – combination preferred
- Advanced computer knowledge (Excel, PowerPoint, CRM, Google Docs, comScore, @plan, Magazine Radar, etc.)
- Experience with a third party ad servers and systems (dart, MediaVisor)
- Experience across all things digital: web, mobile, app, tablet and video
- Knowledge of the Entertainment industry – film (theatrical release campaigns vs. industry campaigns, TV (tune-in campaigns vs. industry campaigns), etc.
- BS / BA degree require
The above are minimum requirements. We welcome resumes from candidates from Los Angeles or New York area as position can be located out of either office. Compensation and responsibilities will depend on experience/qualifications.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, no agencies please. The Hollywood Reporter offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
The Hollywood Reporter is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard