The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
ok place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Home Depot is an ok place for people to work for,very busy and not much for advancement.My department was extremely busy always having to look busy and keep busy.
Very fast paced busy
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 22, 2017
Extremely busy most of the time. challenging. I learned what customer service is. Very important part of the job. Exhausting but kept the day going along, never boring
benefits
Cons
wished they would have allowed overtime
Its a job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WASeptember 22, 2017
Theres not much to say except its retail. sometimes its a good day. But the management is horrible, no one takes responsibilities for their actions, they will change your schedule at the last minute, but sometimes its a fun place.
You get paid minimum wage so you can't expect the best place on earth
Not a good work environment at all.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 22, 2017
If you report company policy being ignored and you report it to management, it will be ignored and swept under the rug. You can be singled out as I was and don't believe that they work with the handicapped because they gave me a very hard time and I've had open heart surgery. They knew of my disabilities and made it worse. I would absolutely not ever recommend Home Depot as employment for anyone.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Employees are singled out and discriminated against if they are handicapped.
Loved it!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Good place and environment to grow. They hire people of all sorts and walks of life .. this is a great diverse work place. Helping trouble shoot people's DYI home questions is fun
Pros
Great company values
Depends on your store
Freight Team Associate (Current Employee) –  West Branch, MISeptember 22, 2017
Job satisfaction working at the Home Depot is really hit or miss depending on your store. Your managers and department heads truly affect the mood and the environment of thw atorw hwhec
Pros
Wklisj
Cons
Uaajo
Home Depot Review
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Covina, CASeptember 22, 2017
It was my first job. I was proud to work there; eventhough, the pay was not sufficient. I got along well with everyone, and customers recognized me on the daily basis. The hardest part of the job was busy days when the lines were long, and the occasional criminals who tried to steal things in their shopping baskets made the job a little hectic. Nevertheless, it was a great experience. I learned a lot about working in retail.
Pros
Easy paced, and technology was self explanatory.
Cons
Not enough pay.
productive and fast pace
Frieght Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 21, 2017
freight recieving merchanise, pack out and display merchanise , help customers to the right product of their choice. fast pace and productive always have something to do
looking for better opportunity
customer service (Current Employee) –  Elmont, NYSeptember 21, 2017
I don't have a full time job. Looking for a full-time job with more salary with good benefits. I want the minimum salary at least 16 dollars an hour. I am a dedicated and people person who always like to learn new things. I like to work as a team.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedule
Cons
income, hours
Home Depot
Stocker/truck loader and unloader (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 21, 2017
Working at Home Depot i learned more about Home Improvement. Home Depot made sure that we had proper training and experience so that we could properly serve our customers.
Met team
Merchandising Execution Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 21, 2017
I loved working on the MET Team. I enjoyed the schedule for the positions. My position did price changes the first 4 hours while other did resets. After that, we did bay maintenance and reset to plan-o-grams. I'm meticulous and love the detail work. It was physical and I was on my feet most of the day. I was able to drop my gym membership. I became certified on the electric ladder and was working on other certifications.
Pros
Team atmosphere.
Cons
getting up at: am
Poorly
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, TXSeptember 21, 2017
They never gave me a raise since I work there I been early so I can get at least 20 minutes extra time and they say I can't do extra time that's why I wanna work at Best Buy better
stressful snvironment
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2017
stressful environment management shows no empathy only cares about quanity of work not quality, scheduling doesn't allow time with family not living up to core values
what
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 21, 2017
Schedule not flexible.Work very hard and dirty. Very heavy lifting required. No bathroom breaks. Had to work outside in over 100 degree weather. No support.
not a good place to work.
Frieght superviser (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSSeptember 21, 2017
always did my best to do a great job at all times and they took full advantage of that, their was very little appreciation for hard working employees.
Pros
i had good people to work with.
Cons
no company loyalty.
Okay workplace
Plumbing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shoreline, WASeptember 21, 2017
Fast paced, stressful, crazy hours, management isn’t the best, low pay fo what you have todo on a daily bases. Work with a lot of customers who are usually upset and not sure what they need.
Overall a Good Place to Work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNSeptember 21, 2017
In my experience with the Home Depot, I learned duties and tasks within several different departments and was trained in each one of those areas. Relaxed atmosphere; positive work culture and friendly people. I got to know every employee by name in the store and formed working relationships with many people.
Fast paced
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Customer service focused, involved in the community. Benefits and Discounts for FT and PT associates. Opportunities for advancement. Equal opportunity employer
can move up for more money. but you will earn it. takes time.
Merchandising Execution Team (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 21, 2017
working as a merchandiser was very enjoyable. fellow employees are great. Supervisor understanding and tries to be fair. Store side did try to work with us most of the time. yes, the store did bring in food for different events. The once a year raise was not good..no matter how much you have taken on in the last year. .
Pros
Hours, room to grow.
Cons
pay raises. was told, its retail?
great enviorenment, competative pay and over all great company
Cashier/Floor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKSeptember 21, 2017
Great company to work for! Very diverce company and gives back to it's employees and communities. Great benifits and I moved up pretty fast with hard work. Terrible management! Lots of issues with privacy and big turn over rate, the " Aware " line is not the most confidential line to call, they do not handle the situation and if you're in management you know who called the "aware " line on you and you still have a talk with that employee, iit has been my experience working in managment that most situations do not get resolved nor dose an investigation at The Home Depot. Over all great place!
Pros
great enviorenment
Cons
Terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.