The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 22,692 reviews matching the search
Merchandising Team
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2017
I love the hours and being off on the weekends. There is opportunity on a night team or early mornings so you still have time to be with your family, which i love.
Pros
getting off early
Cons
being up all night or early in the morning.
Good experience
cashier and loading assistant (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAApril 29, 2017
First job. Learned a lot, laid foundation for customer service, coworkers were helpful and friendly. They really care about their employees and it shows.
fairly easy and fun
Special Service Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 29, 2017
Great experience learning about shipping and furthering my experience in data entry and privacy of customer information. SOlving problems and dealing with difficult situations.
Pros
great position
Cons
lazy management, inability to communicate effectively
Bad business strutcure for outside sales teams
Sales (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 29, 2017
Home Depot was requiring straight commission sales people who were hired for outside sales to spend time in their stores, representing the company as a hired paid employee to find their own leads. We were required to behave and act like we were store floor personnel and help customers around the store. There was no compensation for time.
Extremely friendly atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTApril 29, 2017
I have only been with Home Depot a short period but enjoy the atmosphere. They are attentive to their employees and make a friendly atmosphere. I am a quick learner where I am placed in multiple areas throughout my shift from the main cashier to the garden center. I have had to learn a great deal of where and what products are for. I enjoy learning all aspects of a company therefore this position fits me.
Pros
Learning all departments in order to assist customers.
Cons
It's cold in the building but we are able to wear our coats.
Not the kind of place you should try to start a career.
Kitchen/Bath and Plumbing (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 29, 2017
Same type of culture as the other retail giants. They may pay you ok, they might treat you ok if you like the same football team as your boss. Not a secure place to work.
Staying busy all the time. Each job never the same.
Merchandisng Execution Team / Night Shift (Former Employee) –  District 3: Eight different locations.April 29, 2017
I worked from 8pm-6:30am. Monday through Thursday. A different location every night. We did re-sets, planogram maintenance, overhead organization, designs and signage. Inventory updates, labeling, stocking and enhancements. The supervisor had a bad habit of saying something, but meaning something totally different. Then make a big scene, when it really wasn't that big of a deal in the first place.
excellent part time employer
Freight lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Gratiot, MIApril 29, 2017
The home depot fosters a sense of community and cares a great deal for its associates. Hours, full time status, and compensation leave a great deal to be desired, but benefits are excellent!
Pros
a wide array of discounts, payroll deduction purchasing, etc
Cons
hours and compensation
productive and fun
Freight and Garden - Part-time (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAApril 29, 2017
I worked the night shift. The supervising manager was really good at delegating tasks and fair to the workers and his approachable. It's a good company to worked for.
Not enough work hours
Electric Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 28, 2017
Not enough work hours , managers was selfish with overtime and there was never any overtime. Im looking for something i can get 40 hours a week or 80 every 2 weeks.
Good but high insurence Met team is a good job.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXApril 28, 2017
The MET TEAM has a great schedule for single parents and the mangers are very flexible and put family first. The job consist of a lot and the commutation between the store employees and the MET is not very good but the hours are good and pay is decent.
Lot of hard labor
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2017
You work hard for little pay and not enough recognition. I feel the higher your position was the less you care for the actual team. I saw alot of favoritism and no real support. Management only came out when corporate would come walk us. It's was an overwhelming and discouraging place to work at.
Pros
It payed some bills
Cons
No comment
Fine for part time work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2017
Most people will only get part time work at minimum wage. Only a select few will be chosen for advancement and then they will constantly have to watch their backs.
Pros
Compensation if you get promoted
Cons
Management doesn't live the values they preach
Awesome Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAApril 28, 2017
This job is for some who like to communicate with people and has a great attitude towards everything. It has amazing pay, benefits, and opportunities. It also has amazing employees.
Awful
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Tiffany Springs, MOApril 28, 2017
Management is awful the worst I have worked for, originally hire as a cashier but never work in the register at all, it was cheaper for them to hire you as a cashier and sent you to departments to do other works.
Pros
Is a job
Cons
bad management, cant believe they are not out business yet
Used my knowledge in kitchen design to the best of my ability.
Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 28, 2017
Fun place to work and even got to go to the client's house and take measurements. Coworkers and upper management were both understanding and helpful. But upper management stopped the ability to go to the client's houses and job became both boring and mundane.
Exceptional company
Cashier. Customer service (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 28, 2017
Fun filled, action packed atmosphere. Never a dull moment with an influx of wonderful customers coming through the doors. Exceptional management. Exceptional staff
Pros
Tons of food events. Every opportunity they are ordering in or cooking out.
ok job
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pace, FLApril 28, 2017
Not impressed with the depot at all. they do not recognize a good employee when they have one. they are cooperate.It is all about the bottom line, not helpful employees.
workplace environment
Electrical Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2017
The Home depot as a company was very fun and exciting environment. At times it was very hard to work and focus. The freight team was very disorganized and the associates were kind of hard to get along with.
Pros
hour lunch breaks
Cons
short breaks
generally a good work environment
General Customer Service Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 28, 2017
This company is pretty flexible regarding work hours and rewards well for hard work. Although there may be an over-abundance of managers, this company offers good benefits.
Pros
free lunches from time to time
Cons
short breaks to no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.