The Home Depot Employee Reviews in United States

Found 18,389 reviews matching the search
the MET team was great, we all got along
MERCHANDISING EXECUTION TEAM (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAAugust 30, 2016
Perform in-store merchandising service activities such as merchandising projects, planogram maintenance, overhead organization, and display/signage maintenance designed to enhance the customer experience.
Pros
good supervisor
Cons
short breaks
I enjoy working there.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Copley, OHAugust 30, 2016
Hours vary from 6a-10p. I enjoy seeing our regular customers and interacting with new customers. Standing on concrete flooring takes some getting used too. Every employee is very happy to help co-workers and customers learn about different products. 1 year and 8 months into the job and I stil don't know where thing is. I learn several new things every time I work.
Pros
Every coworker will go out of their way to help customers and fellow coworkers learn new things.
Cons
My immediate supervisor plays favorites and it is obvious!
descent place to work
Merchandising Execution Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILAugust 30, 2016
good company to work for had many good years with them great company to move up the ranks with great benefits overall the scheduling worked for me and my family
Pros
schedule, no discounts
Cons
management
tough but fun
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAAugust 30, 2016
this job was very physical and demanding the hours were the night shift but i did enjoy the work it was a good work out my coworkers were cool i really dont have any complaints
Productive and fun place to work
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 30, 2016
Its amazing place to work. I loved working there. The people are kind. The job is fun and keeps you going.. You never get bored because there is always something to keep you on the move
This can be a fun enviornemnt
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 30, 2016
This a great place to work as a started job or for someone looking for just a few extra hours who already has additional employment. This would be great for someone who is retired and just looking to get out of the house.

Don't expect much in the way of advancement. Some do find advancement opportunities but most just move on. Most new employees will usually stay one year or less. It just depends on what your are looking for.
Pros
Fleable hours
Cons
Limited hours
great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 30, 2016
nice place to work... loved other asociates coworkers, and managers alike.....love the work i did and the variety i had in positions
Busy work. Watering, stock maintenance
Garden Associate (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 30, 2016
Watering plants, shrubs & trees daily. Stocking shelves and maintaining neat appearance of work areas.

Broadened my knowledge of types of plants and their care.

co-workers were very helpful and friendly.

The most difficult part of this job was the preparing the hoses for watering, which included unwinding and winding onto hose caddy and dragging 200 ft of hose to area needing to be watered.

My favorite part of the day would be when I would complete all of my tasks and have time to rearrange plants so that the greenhouse was aesthetically pleasing to customers. I would step back and look in awe of was I had accomplished.
Pros
Rewarding work.
Cons
Job ended and I was not hired for permanent position.
Productive and fun place to work!
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCAugust 30, 2016
I love the people I work beside. The people at this company are a pleasure to work with and make it enjoyable to come to work. I love being a part of something larger that makes a difference. I love that everyone cares and that you have flexibility when needed.I am learning all the time, from some of the best people.I am allowed to grow and show my potential.
Great opportunity to move ahead
Program Merchant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2016
Home Depot was a very good place to work and all of the teams I worked with were fantastic. It is a very collaborative environment. There was also a lot of opportunity for growth if you were dedicated and willing to work hard.
Great place as a started job...when you're 18
Freight Flow Team Associate (Current Employee) –  Vienna, WVAugust 30, 2016
As a freight team employee, the job becomes very repetitive very quickly. Would've been great as a first-time employment opportunity. Management is decent, but micromanaging is everywhere.
Asset Protection
Asset Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILAugust 30, 2016
I traveled to numerous different stores and basically functioned in an "undercover" capacity. The main goal of the job was to identify theft and take those individuals into custody.
productive workpkace
Stock Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAAugust 30, 2016
I love to meet and help people. i enjoy working with most of my coworkers. everybody is willing to help if you might not know the answer to a specific question.
Home Depot
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTAugust 29, 2016
Home Depot is a good company to work for. They have good benefits and good people work with. Like any retail it is hard work.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Good Company to work for
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 29, 2016
typical day at work... we start off by unloading the truck with Freight then we sort freight in there correct spot so we can stock them out to the floor. I like the management there they were really helpful when it came to learning about the job. There wasn't anything hard about the job really but the most enjoyable part was getting the truck done...
good place to work
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIAugust 29, 2016
co-workers were easy to work with, management was attentive
hardest part of the job was moving large stacks of carts
most enjoyable part of the job was keeping busy
Pros
usually easy to keep busy
fun work enviroment
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2016
I enjoyed working at the home depot. It cold be fun at times and very busy alot which kept me busy. Managment there is pretty cool they have a open door policy.
Pros
3 breaks, open door policy
Cons
mostly part time positons
Great place to work.
Sr. Real Estate Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 29, 2016
Home Depot Corp., was an excellent place to work. Learned how to read surveys and development agreements there. It was a shame when Corporate in Georgia closed down the "sister" corporation here in Illinois.
Pros
Great team work
Great workplace
Lumber Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAAugust 29, 2016
Need more, associates in departments but overall great workplace some awesome employees some employees need more training in certain areas excellent management
Pros
Homer awards, success sharing
Cons
Need more help
Great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYAugust 29, 2016
There are many opportunities for growth and learning. Learned a lot about home improvements and how to build personal skills.