The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Customer Service / electrical tech support (Former Employee) –  Elmont, NYSeptember 19, 2017
I worked for Home Depot for 7 years. I met many friend from different countries. Its was a busy business so I never felt board. I came into the business with many skills such as electrical, pluming, drywall-er , carpentry, tile work/ hard wood floors and many others.
Pros
Cons
I never met up with a con
well paid
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 19, 2017
For a retail company the associates are well paid above minimum wage. They offer benefits and 401 K. Bonuses were given to the employees when sales, customer surveys, and credit met company standards.
Fun work place
Lumber Recovery (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 19, 2017
Everyone is very professional, the managers go above and beyond their call of duty. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who like to help the community they have a lot of career advancements.
Pros
coummunity based career
Cons
evacuating during a natural disaster became a headache.
Great!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 19, 2017
Over all working here was great and the people are there to help you. Never have to look so far for something when the company computer is there to help when no one else is able to making it a self service as well.
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJSeptember 19, 2017
Working at Home Depot made me want to fix my house I love working and I love working with the customers I love learning new things Home Depot is one of the best places to start off parking
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLSeptember 19, 2017
Once people get to know you, its like a family. We help out each other and the comminity too. Home depot takes pride in taking care of their associates.
Good work place with a great breakroom
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 19, 2017
Only full time associates received a set schedule. And no over time. Pay isnt very good either when first starting. The employees are what made everything worth while though.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Pay wasnt competitive.
Awesome store
Lumber and Building Materials Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 19, 2017
I learned that a good crew can get stuff done.

Its is important to know as much as you can.

The more certifications you can get, the better.

Training in multiple departments is helpful to both the customers and you
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
the customers are not always the nicest
it was a very nice place
Customer Service Associte (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2017
i would try an work there again,....but it will be alot of changes....i really loved the customers they made me smile and made my dayPlayed an instrumental role in increasing customer satisfaction ratings index from 50% to 100% within 3 years as
Pros
own lunch
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun! Had a lot of knowledge to offer.
Head Cashier/Paint Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flushing, MISeptember 18, 2017
The Home Depot was a great place to work. Met a lot of great people, learn a lot about the aspects of a business such as, merchandising, people skills, marketing, operations, career advancement and etc. Did a lot of volunteer work and helped the people of our community.
what i learned
Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2017
home depot is the spot for me to be at. it's the people that are friendly and they help others find what they need, want, clean up, and fix. the co workers always know how to work things with motors and homes.
Good for temporary job, best for students
Pro Account Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CASeptember 18, 2017
Good as a first job.
Recommend for College students.
Hardest part of the job was competing in sales among your department and other stores.
Something I enjoyed about my job was the vision and dental benefits.
Overall great opportunity
Cashier, Head Cashier, Pro Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VISeptember 18, 2017
Productive and innovative workplace, fast paced, detail oriented, fun interactive environment. Can be overwhelming but rewarding. Recognition is a big deal. Customer service is imperative to the business so there are always trainings and coaching sessions to make sure that each employee understands the importance of taking full care of all customers.
Pros
Benefits, opportunities for advancement
Cons
inconsistent work life balance
I met a few very strong role models.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CASeptember 18, 2017
What I learned is that if the head cashier doesn't like you she can make your life miserable until she can get you fired. I have never been so harassed and unprepared for a big fish in a little pond before. The people I worked with were great, friendly and formed a family bond.. I loved that.
Pros
the people I worked with
Cons
management
Good
Garden Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NY 11434September 18, 2017
Working at Home depot has been a good experience. My typical day would usually be busy. I learned more about being a garden associate. The workplace was diversity including coworkers, management, and customers. I did not have a hard time at this job , The most enjoyable part is my coworkers.
Pros
discounts, food
Cons
No cons
stressful
Store Manager I (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2017
Upper management only cares about the numbers NOT the people. . can be very cut throat. they love to get rid of tenured people.good old boy mentality.
Pros
great compensation package
Cons
no work life balance
I took them to court and won.....
Greeter helping customers (Former Employee) –  Poway, CASeptember 18, 2017
Don't get me started. Labor code violations, less than adequate time to do trips to the restroom/lunch/no rest periods at all. I learned that I didn't fit into their "culture". Many other ex-employees got the benefit of the lawsuit after we won from my initial filing. I'm proud my name was on the header of the suit.
Pros
None that I can mention.
Cons
Lots, see above.
bad place to work
Lead generator in West Melbourne (Former Employee) –  West Melbourne, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Poorly managed
Harassed by long time employees
Training inadequate
Held staff meetings 7am Sundays no pay expected to work full day after meeting
I have 30 years retail management previous to this resume. This store was terribly managed
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTSeptember 18, 2017
I had a great experience helping customers because of my personality, and had multiple employee of the month awards. The only thing was, I'd like to be paid better.
Home Depot Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Hired as seasonal. Days were hectic and physically active. You are on your feet the whole time you are scheduled except for your breaks or lunch. Probably the hardest part of the job. I was kept on and made part-time and placed in a different department. Part-time comes with a couple more benefits which is nice. My experience - the managers are pretty cool and understanding. Store manager is fantastic. If you need help - the support is there for you. Learned about many products - layout of the store which helps immensely. Culture is - always take care of the customer first. Go above and beyond. Helping people is probably the best part of the job. Salary would be the disappointing part. Going from seasonal to part-time to full-time - just more hours - same hourly rate. Home depot has many benefits to offer which are very good, discounts that are great and has a good work environment.
Pros
Good Benefits and work environments
Cons
Salary and on your feet the whole time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval