The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 20,459 reviews matching the search
productive yet stressful place to work
Cashier/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAJanuary 23, 2017
management is very good at times whilst other times they could use a little reform, especially involving customer issues and conflicts,
this company needs a union contract
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILJanuary 23, 2017
what you experience is up to the manager unfortunately. If you get a good manager all is good but if you get a bad one you are on your own....
Big store with friendly people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIJanuary 23, 2017
A typical day is standing at your register, mostly by yourself for the entire shift. You help customers by telling them the location of what certain item they are looking for, and you call the correct department if the customer wants someone to help them in detail. You get a 15 minute break every 2 hours, and a lunch in the middle of your shift. The work environment is very friendly and joyful.
Big box hardware store
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Reset bays, beams and shelf heights to accommodate new product placement. Use “Planogram” mapping for the corporate determined layout of displays. Adjust the display when store physical space did not fall within the specifications of the planogram. Make sure the SKU and pricing labels were correct and placed by the correct merchandise. Daily stock products in the displays. Inspect areas keeping watch for damaged or opened containers that would then be marked down. Breakdown and stock seasonal displays. Maintain a clean, safe environment for staff and customers. Most importantly assist customers find products they are looking for and suggest to them items that would help them complete their project quickly.
Learned how to use the planogram.
Pros
Helping the customers and learning about different types of home improvement projects.
Cons
Lots of walking & standing, short breaks.
New position at the time, great learning enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Every day was a learning experience for a brand new store manager, able to drive the Busines to meet sales goals, and operational excellence. Able to promote new managers from this location.
Pros
Great customer mix and large customer count
Cons
Never enough time in the day
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 23, 2017
• Assisting customers with purchasing merchandise.
• Educated customers on product and service offering.
• Giving customers the best service our company has to offer.
Very fast paced and a lot of work.
Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJanuary 23, 2017
I would typically clock in for night shift and then get to stocking my section. The hard part is having to lift heavy things for basically 3 hours straight but it becomes easy. The hard part was working graveyard but the pay was good.
Pros
bonuses
day to day
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOJanuary 23, 2017
this job is a day to day kind of thing some days are great and others are ones where you just wish you could go home just like any other. for the most part working here is great the people I work with are the reason I have stayed for as long as I have and could not as for better co-works to go see everyday.
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJanuary 23, 2017
make sure that all customer get what they need to repair they home.
I learn that if you help people with there needs, it can make there day better.
Management had a big turn over at the home depot.
the work place culture was good , but it had its up and downs.
Was the change of different hours each day.
was meeting so many different people each day.
Pros
good benefits, helping people with they needs each day.
Cons
bad managerment, close one night in open the next day.
Amazing company with great people
Pro Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 23, 2017
I started on 2001 as lot associate working my way up to department manager in 2002. Opening the seven mile in Meyers store in 2004, managed the pro sales department for next 7 years. Had a lot of success in role, recognize many time by different store managemen
Home Depot
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 23, 2017
This was a great summer paying job when I needed it. I am great with people and had a good time with sales associate. I also diversified myself in different departments so I can work in some of them also. Before I left they asked if I wanted to earn my reach truck and lift truck licences. I happily accepted and achieved both before I left.Overall great experience, great people to work with.
Pros
Friendly co-workers. Occasional breaks. Flexible hours
Cons
Standing all day, not too bad. Didn't receive as many hours as wanted.
A Porductive and fun work enveriment
MetTeam (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 23, 2017
Attracting customers is easier in an environment of hospitality. A fun workplace is not only more productive, but it attracts people. its always a very busy day at work and what I've learned was being able to keep my personal life apart from my job and being professional. The hardest part of my work is getting everything done on time and the most time i enjoy my work is when I'm doing big projects.
Great Company
Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 23, 2017
THD is a great place to work and grow. It gives you the chance to expand your knowledge in all aspects of the business. They really encourage people to learn different areas of the business to better improve the diversity of the store.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
partnership between MET and store
Decent Part time Job
Sales Associate in Paint and Hardware (Former Employee) –  Chardon, OhioJanuary 23, 2017
Extensive training. Somewhat varied routine. Hires Senior citizens.
Casual dress code. Generally nice co workers. Ability to transfer from store to store.
Poorly Managed
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJanuary 23, 2017
Co-works were amazing but the management and corporate teams are just terrible. To much work for not enough pay and unobtainable goals.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
terrible management, terrible morale
As a family person it was hard to work at Home Depot
Department Head of Hardware (Former Employee) –  Camillus, NYJanuary 23, 2017
I worked in every department I managed several merchandising departments and several operational departments. I was also a key carrier in Newhartford and Cammilius stores
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible schuldue
For night crew good fast past work most of the time short handed.
Freight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Great if your looking for a part time job. Hard for them to keep good workers between the pay and hours and the work they want you to put in. And they push to promote But get a lot of stringing you along.
Pros
Some good worker there.
Cons
management
Homedepot.com call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 23, 2017
My time at Home Depot was excellent. The entire structure and values system of HD is the way it should be. They have a motto- Customer first. And everyone including employees are treated as customers. The management treats each employee with dignity and respect and allows breathing room for each individual to be just that. Typical workdays include assisting customers with processing orders, researching back order issues, finding unique shipping solutions, processing credits or adjustments. In all scenarios your management team will have your back no matter the case. Culture is fantastic there, even the upper management is approachable and not stuffy just like the decor, and overall attitude. I took great joy in assisting each customer knowing that I was making a difference in their life by utilizing my skills and abilities to positively impact them. It was my pleasure to work at such an efficient, well run, call center. Even when my wife got sick with cancer folks cared, ultimately because of that reason I had to resign and take care of my wife. But I am told I am rehireable.
Pros
Knowledgeable management, caring supervisors, great customers, decent pay
Great work Enviorment
(MET) Merchandising Execution Team (Former Employee) –  Elmont, NYJanuary 23, 2017
The Home Depot is a healthy work place enviorment. With A lot of room for growth within the company. The management is great and and offers a helping hand when needed.
Fun place, good managemnt
Lot associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 23, 2017
The management is very good and it's a fun place to work. Everybody is always willing to help each other out and there's always room for advancement, if one so chooses to advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.