The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 19,600 reviews matching the search
Great
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CADecember 5, 2016
Endless potential, on-going training, great variety of job requirements. Company values long-term employees, believes in stability for the associates and familiarity for the customers
Cashier at Home Depot (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLDecember 5, 2016
Benefits not available for part-time, but a good work environment. Management is approachable, work environment is pleasant, for the most part. Employees are treated better in my store than most, customers can be very rude. Corporate has rules and regulations that put employees in difficult situations.
Pros
family like, friendly
Cons
military discount policy, favoritism
Great Place To Start A Carrer
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXDecember 5, 2016
Home Depot is a good place to get a part time job for some extra income or go in for a career. If you put in enough work it's very possible to move up in the company. They have a good culture and it's important to be part of it in order to enjoy the job!
Pros
Flexible, Great Benefits, Advancement
Cons
Weekends are a must, late shifts
Good company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILDecember 5, 2016
The Home Depot started as a fun place to work for. After a month or so you really get to know the people you are working with and it becomes a lot easier to work. management was good at first then we had a change of management and the store become more about number rather than looking out for associates.
Pros
bonus checks, free lunches here and there.
Cons
n/a
Has a pool table in the break room
Sales Garden (PT)/ Stock (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 5, 2016
A typical retail job. I learn a lot to fix up my home. I enjoy working their and learning new things and product. Management team need more work and some lack knowledge of their department.
Good large company to work for.
Professional Home Flooring Associate (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLDecember 5, 2016
Greeted customers on a daily basis to ascertain what each customer wanted or needed. Detailed products to customers and explained details and care of merchandise. Provided an elevated customer experience to help generate loyal customer retention. Handled daily heavy flow of paperwork and cooperated with the management on invoicing and shipping problems.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly employees, and good management
Cons
Limited hours, medicore pay, and takes a long time to advance.
Excellent work enviroment
Head Cashier/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 5, 2016
I really did like this job. There was opportunity for employment. I moved in position within my first month. I was the day shift opening cashier for the returns desk. I was in charge of breaks and lunch rotation. By the end of the first year I was filling in for the head cashiers as a relief, then moved into the position full time. I was offered the position as Front-End Supervisor, but since there was No money increase I declined. Supervisor and Head Cashier run hand in hand but the total responsibility of the Department rest on the supervisor.
Pros
Room for growth, Kids workshops, product training classes, awesome company Christmas Party. Customer Recognition with rewards.
Cons
Working on weekends, working nights, working open holidays, standing on concrete
Great people, like a family
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 5, 2016
Pay isn't great like most retail jobs, no employee discounts and benefits aren't much. Employees are pretty nice, customers can get pretty rude though.
Pros
A lot of barbecue's and events, hour lunches
Cons
Pay
Productive and very pleasent place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MODecember 5, 2016
 Taking inbound calls, placing, tracking and processing customer orders. Provided excellent customer service skills to make sure the customer issues are resolved in a timely manner. Assisted customers with recalls, troubleshoot issues.
Pros
THE JOB WAS GREAT PLENTY OF INCENTIVES OFFERED
Cons
THE CENTER CLOSED DOWN WHICH LEAD ME TO SEEK FOR NEW EMPLOYMENT
You had the oppurtunity to learn alot
Paint Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, MDDecember 5, 2016
I gained vast knowledge in the DIY department mainly about paint products and accessories and garden type variety items such as plant life, food, and pesticides. I also assisted many guests with questions and concerns and answered the telephone about the products the store carried. I was also mixing, color matching, and stirring paint to the correct color the customers wanted it.
Pros
Worked most holidays and highly demanding
Cons
Some Managers
could of been better
Sales, Hardware Department (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 5, 2016
i feel like i should of got paid more for the work i was doing. at the time i was on the job i never really got a raise even if i did all i was suppose to and more.
Fast pace busy call center
Operations Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2016
I don't have enough time with the company in my opinion to provide any details surround the company staff or customers.Fast paced-busy call center that developed over 3 years ago to make life easier for our customers.
Pros
Festivities
Cons
Structure
decent job
Order Puller / Afternoon DWCC (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 5, 2016
manager sucked, eventually got fired.
new manager was a major improvement, would return to this job in the future.
not much recognition unless buddy buddy with management.
I do miss working there, I was very good with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 5, 2016
I learned a lot working there, only place where your management lead by example. Home Depot treats their employees good. We got extr bonus also did thanksgiving and Christmas parties for the employees.
I liked this job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 4, 2016
I enjoyed this job and my co-workers and the customers unfortunately my health was getting to bad for me to continue to work there. It was a part-time position to supplement my income due to my being a single parent.
Pros
The customers
Cons
The management
good place to work in retailing. good customer service
Associate Volunteered Program (Current Employee) –  Annandale, VADecember 4, 2016
Lots to learn from team and customers. very friendly coworkers, learned a lot from do-it-yourself projects. Hardest part of the job is management rely so much on you if you know more about the store and the various departments. Most enjoyable part about it is the willingness of coworkers to help when you need them
Pros
Building good relationships within the communities around them
Cons
Don't have the best health care
Home Depot
Supervisor/ Tool Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INDecember 4, 2016
Not a great place to work and also not a bad place to work. Has it's ups and downs as a company. It is your standard warehouse job with an open floor plan and all the moving parts!
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 3, 2016
Everybody got along like a family and the management are nice and of u needed to go to the with a problem they will solve it as quick as possible and they are a family based company
The Orange Life
Freight and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MODecember 3, 2016
The only typical part of the work day is that you will work your butt off and if your lucky have help from other department associates. I learned to trust in my judgments, and the customer, for whatever reason, is always right. The management team is hit or miss. If they are a good manager then they are great, but if not you might as well get ready for a horrible shift. The hardest part of the job is paying attention to the computer training and the physicality of the job. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is the people you will meet while working there and the beach body you'll get by lifting everything.
Pros
Freedom to make decisions, simple job
Cons
Not knowing the answers to customers horrific questions
Fast paced, high energy, value based company
Divisional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2016
The Home Depot is a great company reflective of their strong core values. Often fast paced and exciting with room for advancement and growth potential.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.