The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 18,723 reviews matching the search
Retail Sales
Paint Associate (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MASeptember 27, 2016
As a Sales Associate in the paint Department I am always busy assisting customers, mixing paint and maintaining the stock. My co-workers and I work as a team to ensure the success of our department and the store as a whole. The management team at our location is responsive and easy to work with.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
different schedule every week
Long periods of standing for 11 an hour
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDSeptember 27, 2016
Its long hours of standing. its gud as a stepping stool unless you have nowhere else to go, in which case you must become fulltime. even with fulltime you still live paycheck to paycheck. Now that there are set schedules its better. i am a cashier and i find the $11 an hour to be an injustice given most of the sales come through us and we also open the credit cards and new pro accounts for the store.

great benefits and an opportunity to own a share in the company.
It could be a better work enviormment if there wasnt so much favortism
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Harper Woods, MISeptember 27, 2016
Overall working at Home Depot was and very educational experience, I met some great people along the way and I also learned great home improvement facts.
Its a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 26, 2016
Its hard most of the time to find a reason to get up and go to work everyday other than the people I work with. They are the reason I look forward to everyday other than my customers they are the most important to me.
Pros
Awesome Coworkers
Cons
No Communication
Great company to work for.
Tile and Decor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hatillo Municipio, PRSeptember 26, 2016
Good partnership, work well under pressure, enjoyed very much my job.Enjoyed very much customer service. Home Depot is a company who really care for their employees.
manager
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 26, 2016
Great people to work with. Not enough bodies on the floor and little room for advancement. They do have great Christmas parties but no employee discounts.
Enjoyable and Friendly
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 26, 2016
It was a great place to work but I did have a few issues. I was never shown around and I never shadowed anyone so it was extremely hard to get around in the beginning. Other than that it was a wonder place to work, people were friendly and the customers were great to talk too. I recommend this job.
Ok place
Customer service and sales in store (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33710September 26, 2016
Working for Home Depot was very impersonal. It is a huge corporation and a worker is one of many. Rules and regulation were generalized that are rarely able to be placed in real life situations.
The best feature of the job was helping customers and learning what real customer service is all about. And overall my work was great because I learned so much and I enjoyed working there. They provided great training that Involved amongst other things updated safety procedures.
Beneficial and Family-Oriented.
Freight Team Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 26, 2016
The co-workers are like family members. Team work is needed and everyone is well organized and on board. Hard work and Labor.
Freight Associate (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 26, 2016
The Home Depot is a really great place to work. there's opportunity for advancement and there is so much to learn. store 2781 had a great atmosphere, I'd recommend them for employment but u go in as part time and have to work really smart and hard to be considered for full time also you must be highly energetic.
Pros
benefits and success sharing bonuses
Cons
poor management
Great Company Terrible Management
Key Carrier Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2016
90% of the people there Including management don't care about others or customers, they are only there to get a check and make friends.
Pros
lots of learning
Cons
too many breaks, too many associates that dont care.
I really liked the job.
Deliver/will call coordinator. (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 26, 2016
I got terminated because I went more than 6 hours without a lunch 3 times. Management switched around and the new manager went through and fired anyone with occurrences. Not taking lunch for 6 hours was an occurrence. It's the exact same as if you were late.
Pros
The people you work with, Easy to advance, decent pay.
Cons
Getting fired!
Customers are the best part of this job.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILSeptember 26, 2016
Horrible place to work...

If it weren't for the customers, I would have left this misery pit months ago.

The pay is awful and there is very little chance for advancement.
career advancement is poor
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2016
They give 1-2% raises normally, and it's difficult to move up.The culture is very lacking, and you basically work there to just be worked as much as they can get from you.
Pros
Good team culture socially for lunch
Cons
Career growth, bonus structure is terrible
It's a very fun place to work with a lot of benefits
Sales (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJSeptember 26, 2016
Work hard you can grow and build a career from working for that company..there is no room for slackers very fast paced and can get extremely busy during the holidays.
Strive for more
Millworks Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 26, 2016
Great company that treat employees fair. recommended for college students trying to get a leg up in the sales world or even a foot in the door. be prepared to work.
Great Company
Resolution Expediter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2016
Home Depot is a company is a company of people who love people

They have a cafeteria, on-site day care and company bonus twice a year.

There is a starbucks and a cleaners on site as well.

Home Depot boasts 330,000 employees world wide.

We are a company driven by a value system not the the dollar alone.

My only complaint is that internal candidates should have an easier experience when applying for internal positions.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
It's hard to find a new job with the company as an internal candidate
A really stressfull job
Lot Associate (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOSeptember 26, 2016
Couldn't stand the place but i needed a job during school. Managers werent the best. High turn over rate! Super stressfull

Disrespectful
Pros
Semi flexable hours
Cons
Treatment of employees
Productive,supportive,understanding
Chashier (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCSeptember 26, 2016
Fair environment, friendly co-workers, fair hours,willing to work with you, understanding management, decent pay with Chance to make more, many benefits
I worked for Select Merchandising Services, a vendor/merchandiser company that services Home Depot stores.
Merchandiser/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2016
I worked for Select Merchandising Services, a vendor/merchandiser company that services Home Depot stores, and other retail stores as well. My main duties were to service magazine racks, and candy at check lanes. I replenished all locations and rotated new product onto the shelves.
Pros
There was low supervision and no uniform.
Cons
Having to find managers willing to let you use store equipment to order more merchandise.