The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Cashier and Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAOctober 21, 2017
I really recommend anybody with great communication and a very friendly person. People here love to have fun and interact with customers such as their projects.
Day at Work
Flooring Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAOctober 21, 2017
I would come in and create a to do list of my department to see what needed to be done. Multitasking by helping customers and trying to get things done in the department. Also working clean to provide safety for all customers.
Not a very good option
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNOctober 21, 2017
If working with a bunch of new part time associates sounds appealing to you, then The Home Depot is the place for you. With management no where to be found, and employee knowledge lacking - it is almost impossible to finish a shift without issues.
I enjoyed working there
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEOctober 21, 2017
I enjoyed working there, but the hours did not fit my schedule with my child. The people there were nice, supportive and was helpful to me. The store was clean.
Its a good place to work
Outbound Loader (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALOctober 21, 2017
Its a good place to work great work perks and this company looks out for they employee's. The management on certain shift needs to improve. Its a fast place company.
Pros
Great at perks for the employee
Cons
Management needs improving
Great job, too many politics.
Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYOctober 21, 2017
One of my three managers and myself butt heads often, and he decided it would be cool to change my inputs in the inventory system. Led to write ups and intimately my termination. Otherwise a pretty decent place to work.
Pros
Toy store for grown men
Cons
Unequal balance of work among associates, heavily political management
Ok place to work if you don;t mind weekends
Cashier customer service (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 21, 2017
Customer service training was good. Support was weak when it came to employees. Favoritism was high. Must work weekends no matter what. Hard to get time off even when requested in advance. Inconsistant among all managers in every department.
Pros
job was fun with customers
Cons
no supervisor support, must work weekends
Its retail...
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 21, 2017
Pays more then minimum wage and always worked around my school schedule. Management was always behind me and very supportive. Personal experience greatly depends on management.
Enjoyable place to work.
Flooring Associate (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTOctober 21, 2017
All days are busy. I learned about square footage for cutting carpets. I learned how to cut mini-blinds (Metal/Plastic/Wood). I learned about tile products and different types of tile (Ceramic/Porcelain/Slate). I got to know all products in the flooring department/paint department. Very family orientated culture, helpful, caring workplace. The hardest part of the job was climbing the tall ladders, but that is a personel thing i had to overcome and did. Most enjoyable part of my job was helping the customers and my manager keep the department stocked, cleaned, and customer ready for any customers DIY projects.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Cons
Schedule to work more than 7 days straight before days off.
Great Place
LUMBERYARD ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHOctober 21, 2017
You learn many things and have great opportunities if you are a full-time employee. The co-workers are amazing to work with, and its a very excellent place to work.

Want to know more about The Home Depot?

Ask a question
Okay place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 21, 2017
Okay place to work,no advancement or opportunity to be promoted to a higher position inside the store or other stores,small circle only gets promoted.
It was the best job if you didnt have a family life i worked here when i was younger
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 21, 2017
I really liked working for Home Depot probably one of the best jobs I had really. I just wish they had more hours for me at the time, I loved my regular customers and the staff was fun to work for.
Pros
They helped out the employees alot with fundraising etc.
corrupt
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAOctober 21, 2017
District manager and manager made the rules up as they went along. Favoritism ran ramp it. Transferred to get rid of managers, went out the way to fire all the employees with tenure. Successfully be the way
Pros
pay
Cons
everything els
great flexible hours
part time cashier (Current Employee) –  north miami beachOctober 21, 2017
It's great working there from the co-workers to the great head-cashiers and the very friendly management. The only thing that get tricky is the credit card applications that about it. Other than that its great to work there.
Pros
we sometimes get free lunch, cashier appreciation month
Cons
no breaks apart from the lunch break one gets, being reprimanded for not getting enough credi card applications
Poor management at this particular location
Floor Clerk in Paint and Garden (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAOctober 21, 2017
While i enjoyed the position and people i worked with, This particular location lacked due to poor management, Things were not done in an efficient and fair manor,
It was a good starting job at the moment
Pro-Services Customer Associate (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 21, 2017
Its best feature was that the home depot was real diverse. Another plus to working there is that you have a option to migrate departments every 6-8 months. There was little to no career advancement opportunity at my location.
Pros
The store had a cook-out for the entire staff for employee appreciation
Cons
little to no career advancement opportunity at my location.
It was fast paced and busy
Paint, Hardware Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 21, 2017
It is a busy environment, must be able to multitask, long hours great pay. Must be familiar with your product. Must have excellent customer service skills.
N/a
Paint/Lot/Garden/Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 21, 2017
Not really my atmosphere, associates were sometimes rude, management wasn't really doing what management needed to do. At times I felt as if I was the manager when the manager would make me do the paperwork he was assigned to do
Pros
n/a
Cons
everything
it was ok to work for Home Depot
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 21, 2017
Started off as a cashier and got promoted to Customer Service Manager. Overall this is a good company to work for. I learned how to be a great leader.
workplace culture
Appliances Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 20, 2017
working at the home depot throw the years, was an great experience.
I have learned a lot from training and associates in home improvement field. Its always great to work with customers and help them to find what they need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.